Faymarsh Village

Jack composed himself. There no point in getting worked up over this. Besides, he’d need suh composure to even stand a chance unarmed. His face lost its emotion and his words became cold. He walked over to the shared doorway, so he could properly address Gen. “I wouldn’t want to risk the lives of the group, particularly Lilly’s, over oil either. I did not realize doing such a thing would put anyone at risk. I thought it was allowed. I was only working with the very small amount of information I’d been given, and I had assumed you’d want me armed in some manner. Unarmed, I stand little chance against most monsters. Unless, there just happens to be a lot of bonfires and stakes lying around; I don’t see myself being very useful.” While it was meant sarcastically, it was technically true. Jack training in akido allowed him to redirect people’s momentum, so he could theoretically throw an attacking monster into any dangers in the landscape. Still, he didn’t expect those sort of situations to come up often. Even if they did, he could fail to utilize his abilities correctly. He remembered how he had been the one to fly off the balcony and not the attacking vampire. Jack sighed. There was only one way he could see “vampire royalty” like Gen using him. Cannon fodder.

I smiled sweetly at him, "Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of weapons in there. It's getting through which is the problem. And anyway, fighting is a last resort. Hmmm... Think of yourself as a fresh perspective. While I keep things busy, you can search for the key. Or visa versa. Depending on the situation.", I grinned wider, showing fangs this time, and laughed. He really had no idea what we were diving into, did he?

"Lilly, Jack, Johnny. Time to bid adieu, mon cheris.", I didn't even realise I have swapped English for French. I needed to get out of that habit.

@CactusJuice @SirGrey @Geozaki @Nyctophiliac

The con man had stepped back  inside by this point. More waiting then anything else but also to say bye to all these folk. The vampire who bit him and the partner who was forced onto him. Eve for Johnny these had been an odd few days. Simply saying "Don't wait up" as he goes out the door. Once outside and waiting he asks Gen "So why did you bring me then, stand there and  look pretty?". @FrostFire @CactusJuice @Geozaki @Nyctophiliac

I bowed to the others, and walked out with Johnny. "Partially. But you also have some, if limited, experience of the Dark City. Think of yourself as a happy accident. I was expecting 2 witches from the Coven, and I got you. Now, dearest Jess would love to see you, so I couldn't pass on the chance.", I grinned. I had been surprised to see him, even if I had never met him before, Jessalyn was very descriptive.

@SirGrey

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Jack sighed once again. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Yep, I’m cannon fodder. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Then who he could only assume to be Johnny walked out, and Gen followed him. He was about go, but then he stopped and grabbed his phone. He quickly typed out a message to his grandfather saying he was on a case, and he may not be available for a while. Then he picked up his briefcase that was filled with clothes. “Do the residents of the...place we are traveling to have something against garlic and a change of clothes?!” He questioned loudly. He thought it best he not mention the Dark Dimension directly. Jack figured they probably would be against garlic, but he’d like to have some substitute from his cigars. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@FrostFire[/SIZE]

I threw back my head, and laughed. More than I had in a long time (and that was saying something). "Jack, garlic has absolutely no effect on vampires. The only thing that will give you is bad breath. And best to leave your suitcase here, they'll likely just take if from you. Considering.. Well, just don't bring anything, okay?", I smiled mischievously.

@CactusJuice

Shugo smiled thinly at the human's ignorance. The fact he had no idea what he was going in to reminded him of their first encounter in the woods. Well, this should be interesting... Then he followed Genevieve out the door. He didn't need to bring anything, and traveling light was something he had always done as he did not need as many things as mankind does. 

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Jack shook his head. Like he’d actually believe the words of a vampire. He downed the rest of his coffee. He went and brushed his teeth. From the sound of things, this was probably his last chance to do so. Maybe monsters didn’t have to worry about oral hygiene, but Jack certainly did. As he brushed he began thinking about what Gen had said about vampires. There was no way it could be true. What kind of monster would actually inform you of their weaknesses? Still that could be why it had proven so ineffective...on multiple occasions. It had also proven to be quite a...hindrance in social situations. Jack had often been approached by women who likely found him attractive only to scare them away with his breath. He finished brushing and rinsed out his mouth. On his way out he grabbed a clove of garlic anyways. It had become a habit for Jack, and he wasn’t really looking for a relationship anyways. As he was about to walk out, he was stopped by a whine from Buffy. Jack turned and smiled warmly as he patted his partbner’s head. “Ah yes, I can’t believe I almost forgot.” He walked into his room and walked out with some cash and two bowls. He filled one with water. Then rummaged around in the fridge. Taking out one of the raw steaks he had ordered, he tossed it into the other one. Buffy immediately began chowing down on it. He tossed the cash to Lizzie. Since she hadn’t objected against watching him, Jack took it as an agreement.  “A thousand should cover any needs that may arise for him. You can keep whatever’s left over. The steaks are just treats; he’ll need a cup of preferably meat based dog food twice a day.” Jack had purposely left quite a bit extra as he wasn’t sure how long this trip would take. He turned so he was now addressing everyone there who was staying. “Feel free to use the equipment I bought. Just...try not to break anything...or kill anyone who’s not a monster.” Not able to think of anything else he needed to say, he clapped his hand together and walked towards the door. It was best he leave before Buffy finished his food. “It was a pleasure to meet you all!” He added as he walked out. He said this more out of politeness then anything.[/SIZE]
@SirGrey @FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki @Robyn Banks

Johnny

"I imagine she will" Johnny say with a actual genuine smile. Jess always did bring that kind of smile to his face. Wiping the smile from his face he looks over to hunter. "Well since you don't look like your called Lilly, though you could be wrong don't hold me too nothing, but I'm guessing Jack" He says as the man steps back outside. "Johnny" he says as he turns to kitsune "You'd be the kitsune who i got off on the wrong foot, like I said sorry mate was having a lot on my plate". He thought it best to be nice these lot after all they may save his arse later. Going over to the banisters he takes out another cig "Might as well have the last few before we go no like we can take much". @FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki @CactusJuice

Lizzie 

The vampire detective looked over the dog. One of the few here who seemed to be having a good time. Petting Buffy, Liz responds to Jack saying "I'll make sure they are safe and will walk three times a day" she says calmly. She had clammed down from the outburst. If you want someone who wasn't calm you just have to look to Jack. Something had him edge. Maybe the journey maybe something else. Maybe a combination. As he leaves the detective says "Good luck though I'm sure you won't need it". @Robyn Banks @CactusJuice

Shugo bowed to those staying before he left. "Take care. None of Inari's kitsune are easy to face." Then he turned to his traveling companion and nodded at the male witch. "I accept your apology. There is no need to speak of it any longer." To the she-vampire he asked, "Is there anything else we require? I know the journey can be difficult for some."

I shook my head, "We won't need anything, and the less we have the better...", I began walking into the town, assuming all would follow.

When I arrived at what I was looking for, a garage, I bought a shabby truck, giving the dealer a wad of notes.

"Everyone get in! Lilly's in the front with me.", I giggled from the drivers seat.

@Geozaki @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

Izuru hesitated. The human transportation device was sketchily shabby; it had obviously been used before... a lot. It wasn't just that he didn't trust the vehicle, he had never needed to use one before. 

"I'll follow behind you," he suggested uneasily. "I will be able to remain undetected to the human eye, so you need not worry about that."

@FrostFire

Jack figured the Kitsune was refering to him when he said "difficult for some." While he may have been right, he felt the kitsune didn't know the real reason this would be difficult was his lack of knowledge of the situation not because he was human. He followed Gen to garage. He wish he had known this was her plan. He would have brought cash too pay for something...a little less shabby. When Gen told them to get in and Lilly sit up front, many alarms went off in his head.  Jack had always been a stickler when it came to child safety and the law. Well, he was a stickler when it didn't involve monster hunting. "Three questions. One, is this thing up to code? Two, do you actually have a license? And three, is Lilly even big enough to be traveling without some form of booster seat or something similar let alone sit in the front seat?" He hadn't studied the child seating laws of this state, but he knew they existed. It would probably be safer if she sat in someone's lap. Perhaps she can sit in Gen's lap, and I can drive.

@FrostFire @Geozaki

Last edited by a moderator:
I nodded to Izuru-san, and raised an eyebrow at Jack, amused. "One, I don't care, we won't have it very long. Two, of course. I passed my test in Britain, which has a much more rigorous testing system than here. And I have better reflexes than any human. And three, she's big enough. I mean, she's practically an adult already!", I winked, and nudged her side.

"Jack. Just get in the bloody car.", I rolled my eyes and tried not to laugh at his train of thought. You don't even know where we're going! She can look after herself, trust me.

@Geozaki @CactusJuice @SirGrey @Nyctophiliac

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Jack took a step back. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Damn, i’m never going to get used to that.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He was probably never going to like it too much either. Gen, Lilly is a CHILD. Children aren't supposed to have to look after themselves! That's our job as adults. He sighed and shook his head. He opened the door and got in the back seat on the passenger side. Despite his actions, he wasn’t happy with her answers. “So be it, but when we crash because something in car fails, and the airbag deploys possibly suffocating Lilly, and then you get arrested for whatever fake form of ID you're using. (Unless you’re saying your license has your real age on it). Don’t blame me.” He felt like she was taking this much too lightly. Besides, she could just give him directions; it’s not like she needed to sleep. In truth, he didn’t mind the fact the truck was bit shoddy, but the fact she seemed to take her “daughter’s” safety so lightly is what truly bothered him. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]He crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. He popped a piece of garlic in his mouth and chewed it slowly. This was going to be a long and unpleasant ride.[/SIZE] @Geozaki @FrostFire @SirGrey @Nyctophiliac

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well that sure does look like it road worthy and a hundred percent safe" Johnny says as he hops in the back. Relaxing on the not at all comfy seat the Johnny decide to just let the hunter and vampire argue. It was rather entertaining. Johnny's thoughts wandered as he  thought about going back to the Dark Dimension. The air that seemed to scratched the inside of your throat as you breathed in it, the brightest the sky glows is an unearthly purple if nit just a pitch black night, buildings with spires and flames burning forever and so much more. Still put a few beaches there and it would still be better then some holiday's John has been on. As Jack finally got in the con man said "You two all done can we get going". @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki @FrostFire @CactusJuice

((I am really really really really really really really really really sorry! I had interwebs problems... Sowy :(  *Cries*  D': ))

Lilly silently followed the group. When they reached the truck, Lilly jumped into the front net to Gen as Gen had announced. Jack, however didn't seem too happy about it. "I don't mind sitting in the back." Lilly offered, moving to get out of the front. She didn't want there to be any more confections than there already was, especially not an account of her.

((Sorry it's short, I never was any good with catching up... :( ))

@FrostFire @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

I rolled my eyes at Jack and Johnny, and shook my head at Lilly, "Nope! You're staying right next to me.", I leaned over quickly and put her seat belt on, thwarting her escape. Starting the car, I drove smoothly as I joined the main road. I had been driving since cars were first invented, and this one, if shabby in modern times, was infinitely easier to drive. "Get some rest everyone, it's going to be a loooong drive."

@Geozaki @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

(We're moving to a different thread!)

@Robyn Banks @Jefferson @StoneWolf18 @Mistory

(Have fun guys! I'll be around pulling the strings and such, so I'll post again in here after you've all made a post or two! ^_^ )

After finishing his treat, Buffy walked around the rooms. He had been so preoccupied he didn't know his master had left. He sniffed around every nook and cranny of the place in search of Jack. When he eventually concluded that Jack wasn't here, he sat at the front door and whined. You could count on one hand how many times he and his master had been separated, so he wasn't particularly pleased to find him gone. He pawed the door a bit in a futile attempt to get through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back