Anime & Manga Favourite Anime Openings

arctic

rattpack
What are you favourite anime openings and why do you love them? My top two are:

Honestly, both manage to get me pumped up ^-^

I love the Hellsing opening.   

When I was into Anime, I really loved the Matantei Loki Ragnarok opening.  Which has a completely different tone than the rest of the anime.  

Code Geass was good, but the opening was pure awesome. And the ending of season 2. It was horrifically bittersweet. I am glad that the 3rd season is coming, I'm hyped as fuck about Lelouch returning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ixion Saga DT OP because it's catchy, and it's the only OP I won't skip, when I watch it on kissanime.

A got a couple:

You can't find the opening itself, but this is the song:

GITS SAC 2nd GIG

Here's three random ones that I'm quite fond of. Picking absolute favorites is hard but I basically never skipped the Escaflowne opening when I was watching that show and the other two I chose for the way the visuals and the music work with eachother.

First of all, @HighlyInapropriate, I agree with Ouran. That one is so cute. X3

The fifteenth opening for Fairy Tail is so frakking gorgeous, it was the perfect way to introduce the new installment of the series, Fairy Tail (2014). I love a lot of the openings and closings, but I always come back to this one.

Plus it's catchy. NA NA NA NA NA NA NA OH! NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY! (NO REGRETS)

And this one, because my baes Yusuke and Tsubaki look so damn fab. And because....I don't know, it's catchy? (Won't admit it's cause it's a reverse harem.)

Note: Tsubaki's the one with white hair, and Yusuke has the red hair....the red red hair.

I like a lot of others, but those two especially. 

Gundam Wing (one of the various openings). Simply because it's one of the few animes I've ever been able to finish, the song was awesome, and it brings back so many memories.

Best anime ever.

Soul Eater had a great opening. 

Yu Yu Hakusho's Smile Bomb is also a good one. Evangelion's Cruel Angel Thesis as well. 

Here are some. May post more later...

No Game No Life

Orphen Revenge. I loved this opening when Ioriginally saw it still like it to this day. Revenge was the second part of this series. The first season was only by the name of Orphen.

Wild Arms Twilight Venom

Surprised that no one posted Cowboy Bebop yet.

Or Trigun

Or even Samurai Champloo

All well known wonderful anime <3

Surprised that this one hasn't popped up here yet.

Shh, I'm not crying.

I'm just a fan of the song here for whatever reason.

I've never actually watched this show, but I kinda like the opening.

This is the most fantastic misleading opening ever.

One of my all time favorites, but I can'\t find it is Mirai Nikki.

Samurai Champloo's my favorite, but it's already been mentioned. : P

But surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

I actually like the second one better:

Kabaneri's opening is way more epic than the show itself:

Same. I still have this empty feeling inside when listening to that song. Which is actually what I'm doing right now, but still, that emptiness makes me me feel oh so bittersweet. 

After that anime, no other horror anime scared me. Tokyo Ghoul opens with a bloodstained head against glass and I'm just like "Eh."

I actually had a panic attack about dying thanks to Elfen Lied. ;-;

After that anime, no other horror anime scared me. Tokyo Ghoul opens with a bloodstained head against glass and I'm just like "Eh."

I actually had a panic attack about dying thanks to Elfen Lied. ;-;

Ha, yeah, I watched Future Diary right after watching Elfen Lied, spoilers ahead so watch out if you've never seen it,

and when the beginning was of a serial killer murdering a woman in a back alley I was just like, huh, that happened. And later after Yuno murders the 5-year-old I was just like, "Yeah, that was also a thing that happened." 

Elfen Lied totally desensitized me to violence, but not feels, oh the feels.

Ha, yeah, I watched Future Diary right after watching Elfen Lied, spoilers ahead so watch out if you've never seen it,

and when the beginning was of a serial killer murdering a woman in a back alley I was just like, huh, that happened. And later after Yuno murders the 5-year-old I was just like, "Yeah, that was also a thing that happened." 

Elfen Lied totally desensitized me to violence, but not feels, oh the feels.

Mmm yeah. I've seen that one. I was mostly horrified by Yuno and some of the backstories, not the violence itself XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back