Literature Favorite Young Adult Book/Series/Trilogy?

These are the 4 [series] that come to mind:

Sarah-Dessen-Book-Covers-1024x614.png
Her books are all about the YA life. Strictly slice of life, but they deal with acceptance, abuse, saying goodbye, starting over and so much more. Her books were my lifeline as a teenager.

The_covers_of_the_six_Vampire_Academy_books.jpg
If you wanna get lost in a fantasy vampire world, read this series. Best vampire series ever. Rose and Lissa are both wonderful characters, as well as everyone else. They're three dimensional, and the plotline is captivating.

51rw12-z-WL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I feel like this series got weird. But still a favorite of mine.

7100490.jpg
Also a fantasy book, set in the modern world, a favorite of mine. Split into three different parts, each part deals with the same people. The antagonist, Julian, is something else. I found myself siding with him, tbh.

Tamara Pierce books
( emelan series , beka cooper , protector of the small, immortals, Alanna, trickster )

She does a wonderful job of writing queer and poc protagonists ( especially in emelan series, although beka has some good poc and queer side characters and an excellent female protagonist. )

She doesn't focus on romance but more coming of age which is nice.

Plus her world building is just amazing.

Harry Potter

Because of the world building and because there are so many layers to unpack in the stories

I'm a huge fan of the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo and The Star Shards Chronicles by Neal Shusterman.

The Pendragon Series by D. J. MacHale is an awesome sci-fi/fantasy series full of twists and turns that'll keep you riveted for all ten novels.

Just... Prepare yourself for the Reality Virus onward. Get's really weird, fucked up, and disturbing. But I still highly recommend the series anyway. These books definitly helped shape me into the person I am today.

Trilogy-Trilogy wise, I was very fond of the The Blood of Eden saga by Julie Kagawa

Series-wise, I'm too in love with The Lunar Chronicles

Book in general? Still deciding

Oof, well I'm still a young adult (technically? I guess????) so uh

Percy Jackson series, just the first series. Not terribly fond of the second set of books.
On the same thread, the Kane Chronicals, by the same author. Holy cow, that was a ride and a half.
Speaking of rides, Maximum Ride, even though I lost interest right before the last book? I almost have a complete set haha, but I don't know how much more I can stand...
If I Stay was pretty good, if not a little gory at the beginning. I haven't read the sequel yet.

Uh... if we're talking really young fiction...

Animorphs? I think that's a kid's book... It was marketed as one, despite loads of nightmare fuel written within.
Warriors? Fun fact - I started role playing on the Warrior Cats forum. Were it not for this series, I wouldn't be here talking about it today. Also the first series has some good amounts of nightmare fuel too.

Honestly don't know why because hate to love and love to hate, but The Lux Series...

And also Inbetween (Kissed By Death #1) because cute.

I really enjoyed The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. She also wrote The Scorpio Races and The wolves of Mercy Falls series (I've only read Shiver from that but I LOVED IT), so i'd definitely recommend any of her stuff tbh

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

Dorothy Must Die by someone

Half Bad by another someone

Red Rising by Pierce Brown DAMN THAT BOOK IS HELLA GOOD

looks spoopy af :cheshiregrin::cheshiregrin::cheshiregrin:
I wish it was spoopy, but it's more along the lines of a good mystery since it has a modicum of subtlety. The villain and his methods are actually cunning, which is a farcry from what we normally get in diablo 2. Which is for the most part, a series about dark lords with overt shows of power. This guy is just as dangerous,but for different reasons. Which makes the villain all the more enjoyable in my opinion. But it's a fantasy book based on an action rpg. If you've never read a book about demons and are highly religious, you might get spooked in the same way my christian parents were spooked by the exorcist, but spoopiness doesn't characterize this book all that well.

I wish it was spoopy, but it's more along the lines of a good mystery since it has a modicum of subtlety. The villain and his methods are actually cunning, which is a farcry from what we normally get in diablo 2. Which is for the most part, a series about dark lords with overt shows of power. This guy is just as dangerous,but for different reasons. Which makes the villain all the more enjoyable in my opinion. But it's a fantasy book based on an action rpg. If you've never read a book about demons and are highly religious, you might get spooked in the same way my christian parents were spooked by the exorcist, but spoopiness doesn't characterize this book all that well.

xD I hope your parents didn't ban the book like mine would with that sort of thing lol :P

I am not particularly sure what is classified as Young Adult, but here is my short list. Not in any particular order, just as I thought of them.
Harry Potter I re read every year and am usually found reading some Dramione fanfiction.
Percy Jackson I have read it a few times, but it probably wouldn't hit my top five.
The saga of Darren Shan I thought the movie was terrible, and it hurts my heart to know that so many people refuse to read it because of the blasted movie. I am due for a reread.
The Chronicles of Narnia I didn't like all of the books, but this may just be my second favorite next to harry potter. The first book in the series, was my favorite for the longest time, and I treasured the book until someone stole it from my backpack in middle school. I was devastated. I loved the world building. I know some people didn't like The Lion, The witch and the wardrobe. I didn't either. actually i find that it was my least favorite book in the series and have no clue why it was a required read in middle school. I hope that if you have read it and didn't wish to pursue the rest of the series, that you give the first book a chance. It may change your mind.
The Midnighters other works by this author are more popular, The Uglies, I believe it was. i was not fond of the Uglies and couldn't get through the first few chapters. The midnighters however, is still a very cherished series to me. A small group of teens have powers and have an extra hour at midnight. the ending of the series is so heart jerking, but so good!
I always enjoyed goosebumps xD

I keep misreading "Mortal Instruments" as "Mortal Engines", and get excited because I really love the Mortal Engines series (and Fever Crumb), by Philip Reeve.
Maybe they'll get more popular when the film comes out later this year, who knows. Especially since Peter Jackson's got his name attached to it.

Although people are already complaining about Hester not being ugly enough in the trailer, god bless. Mainly I'm just excited to see Shrike. Though the trailer is enough to please me.

Big ol' dieselpunk CGI conglomeration. Love it. Makes me want to reread the books again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back