Literature Favorite Young Adult Book/Series/Trilogy?

Didn't like the Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices.

Anyone ever hear of Mortal Engines? I liked that book quite a lot. And the Leviathan Trilogy aswell.

I've read a lot of series in my life, and it's too much to pin just one down. I'll have to give my group shoutout

1. Series of Unfortunate Events (SUE) were about 3 orphans who have to deal with their relative, who just want to use them to get the fortune they're to inherit. It was this series that got me into keeping tabs on book series, and was the first I thoroughly enjoyed
  2. The Pendragon Aventure series is next. Far more adventurous than SUE. With numerous made worlds, all very descriptive and different in function, Bobby Pendragon has to go from world to world and save them from falling into chaos against a shape-shifting demon named Saint Dane. This was the book I could really call Nation Building. It was amazing
  3. Next is The Missing. Not many books, and is more drama eccentric than the rest. The storyline was amazingly thought out. No repetitiveness from SUE or at a few times in Warrior Cats. It's convoluted, but in a way that makes you like it. Basically, the MC finds that he's adopted, and is a missing person from history. It's a time travelling series, but surprisingly not too confusing, whereas others will make you rip your hair out
  4. Warrior Cats is the longest series out of these 4. Basically it's about the interaction of 4 clans of cats: Shadow, River, Thunder, Wind, with each other, and their clan of God cats, made up of the spirits of their dead ancestors. There have been numerous series, reminiscent of seasons of drama TV shows The nation building was less than pendragon, but it made up for it with a better and longer storyline. As a result of this series, I can never look at cats the same way again, and that's a good thing. This is my favorite series out of the 4

Last edited by a moderator:
I eat books like candy so I can hardly remember any of the book titles. My current favorite is about this immortal girl who goes to a commune for immortals that have lost interest in being alive because they spent hundreds of years being selfish and evil.

[QUOTE="Gearhead the Great]Lockwood & Co. Perfect mix of suspense and humor. Definitely a must read.

[/QUOTE]
While I haven't read this myself, it's from the awesome Jonathan Stroud, so it's definitely great.

Oh goodness... I really did like The Mortal Instruments and the Hunger Games, they were very well written (in my opinion, of course). As for series, I really liked the Harry Potter novels and, when I was younger, the Ranger's Apprentice series. Those were all very good! :)

God, tbh, I still love the Ranger's Apprentice series, I still reread them to this day. And it's so sad because no one where I'm from knows what it even is...

Bartemaeus was by far my favorite during my teen years. That snarky djinni made me crack a "grinny" way too often.

Harry Potter of course. That series just about defined my generation, so it's always in my heart.

Inheritance was up there, however the series fell out of favor a bit for me at around the third book. Not bad, but the second half of the set lacked the power of the first and second. Still great reads though overall.

The Book Thief

by Markus Zusak, though not a series, is by far my favorite YA book. My favorite series are Miss Peregrine's Pecular Children by Random Riggs, the two books in the Eon series by Alison Goodman, and the three books in the Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
You read the Brotherbans books? Those are good too
No.

Like I said; not even done with RA yet. I'm halfway through it.

Haven't read a Ranger's Apprentice book since a while now... A couple of months. Read half of the Kings of Clonmel, stopped so I could read LoTR I think.

I didn't finish The Fellowship of The Ring yet.

Everything ever written by Tamora Pierce. She writes really well developed young adult fantasy novels most of which with strong female leads or powerful family ties. She also doesn't shy away from representing the LGBT community either in a really classy way.

Of her books I'd say my absolute favorite series are Circle Opens quartet and Beka Cooper trilogy. My favorite book is Battle Stones which is in the Circle series.

The Mortal Instrument, Percy Jackson/Hero's Of Olympus, Hush Hush, Maze Runner, Maximum Ride, Witch & Wizard, Daniel X and The Demon Trappers. Those are my Favorites right there.

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Daughter of Smoke and Bones series by Laini Taylor. The new Illuminae book that's out. AN EMBER IN THE ASHES.

the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Harry Potter

Trudi Canavan's books

the Witcher series by A. Sapkowski

Carlos Ruiz Zafon's books

Here I go these are all MY opinion

1. Twilight Saga
  2. Divergent Trilogy (I have to get my hands on Four/Tobias' stories
  3. Maze Runner (Need to read the others
  4. TMI (Also need to finish)
  5. Hunger Games
  6. Vampire Academy (I want MORE)
  7. Uglies (MIGHT re read)
  8. Nightshade (Wolf lovers should read look it up)

Again my OPINION of course I have more I just can't remember them. Also the number order means nothing it is NOT how I rank these books at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back