Literature Favorite Young Adult Book/Series/Trilogy?

I have, over the years, never had a certain favorite. Other series have taken and lost that title throughout my years. But, my favorites include:

Artemis Fowl [if these count as young adult. I think some consider them children's]

Books of Bayern [see Artemis Fowl]

WARP [same author as Artemis Fowl]

The Darkest Minds

Virals

The Steampunk Chronicles

The Tweed and Nightingale Adventures

Magisterium [same author as The Mortal Instruments]

I did recently finish Lady Midnight and I really enjoyed it. So maybe once the series ends it'll be on this list. A couple others I did enjoy[but they cannot go under favorites. I do not have the need to reread them over and over again] include Delirium, The Zodiac Legacies, Shadow Falls, Black City , and Under the Never Sky.

Currently in love with Children of Hurin.

The Hunger Games/Catching Fire are pretty good as well; even though I haven't finished Catching Fire yet (close to the end though), but since I haven't started Mockingjay, I won't judge it.

I did hear that Mockingjay was somewhat disappointing though.

My favorite book series is Stephanie Meyer's The Twilight saga. I know some people hate on it, but it's actually a good series.

Pharaoh by David Gibbons is also pretty darn amazing, even though I've barely just started it.

I also bought The Lost World by Michael Crichton, and before I read it I'll guarantee that I'll love it as much as I loved Jurassic Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with everyone and their mom, mine is Harry Potter. It's a classic. The Time Quintet by Madeleine L'engle is a close second, though.

If Metro 2033 is for young adult's, then i recommend it.

latest

GONE by Michael Grant is a good book. It's book one of an amazing series. Also, they're all rather thick books (6 in all so far).

Another great series is The House of Night series by P.C. & Kristen Cast; there's 12, possibly 13 books in all, not including the little side novels, which are great as well.

A few other books/series I enjoyed are:

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Unwind series by Neal Shusterman

Room by Emma Donoghue

Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer

Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick

and of course, Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan.

I could have done away with most of those, but they're all pretty good.

I actually never read Harry Potter as they were coming out. Still haven't. I DID read the entire first series of Percy Jackson and absolutely loved it. Though the position of my favourite definitely goes to the Young Bond series about James Bond's early days at Eton.

To date my favourite series was The Edge Chronicles by Paul Steward (author) and Chris Riddell (illustrator).
There's 4 main books following the main protagonist on his journey to finding out who he really is and where he came from, plus 4 additional books, then a good few spin offs relating to the universe.

I adored these books, they gave a heck of a lot of fantasy, action an thrills, an the illustrations were fantastic!

6129NJNCK1L.jpg

OH! Also The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (which funnily enough now has four books) by Maggie Stiefvater!
These books are still my favourite take on the werewolves - they react to heat rather than lunar cycles. And GOD those feels ;-;
Cannot recommend these books enough!

I've always loved The Maximum Ride series. Who wouldn't want to be a human-avian hybrid on the run, but also saving the world? x3

Some favorites of mine:

• The Woodcutter - Kate Danley.
  • The Slime Dungeon Chronicles - Jeffery ''Falcon" Louge
  • My Sister The Vampire Series - Sienna Mercer
  • Abhorsen Series - Garth Nix
  • Calling You - Otsuichi (Technically a Japanese light novel, but I have the English version.)

I swear I will keep mentioning the Graceling trilogy by Kristin Cashore on this site until someone tells me they've fallen in love with it, too. These books are awesome.

Book 1: Graceling. It's in this fantasy world where some people, called gracelings, are born with heterochromia and graces which are essentially superpowers. They can range from eating an absurd amount of rocks without getting sick, to baking, to sword-fighting, to dream-giving. Gracelings belong to the King. The main character is absolute badass Katsa, who has a killing grace. She can literally kill anyone, with anything, and thus she's the favorite, isolated tool of the king.

"Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.
When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.
She never expects to become Po's friend.
She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away, a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone."

Book 2: Fire. This one takes place in the Dells, a world where there are regular animals, and then there are monsters-- brightly colored and mind-controlling, with a taste for human flesh. A brown horse is a horse. A grass-green and gold horse is a monster. And then, there are human monsters. Just the one, really, a stunning young woman named Fire who has the ability to sense and control minds, as well as irresistibly attract most people she encounters, to her chagrin.

"It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him.
War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her."

Book 3: Bitterblue. This one takes place in the seven kingdoms, like the first, in the kingdom of Monsea where eighteen-year-old Queen Bitterblue sits on the throne. Her father was an absolute madman and nearly drove the kingdom to ruin, and she's trying to understand her past while figuring out what the hell happened to her kingdom and how to move forward. Possibly triggering, not for the faint of heart.

"Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is queen of a kingdom that was under the spell of a madman for thirty-five years.
At eighteen, Bitterblue is still learning how to rule the kingdom. The influence of Leck—a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities—lives on. When Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle to walk the streets of her own city, she meets two thieves who hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace, holds the key to her heart."

Read Graceling. You will not regret it.

Also, the Young Elites trilogy by Mary Lu. It's about-- you guessed it-- teens with powers. They live in a world based loosely on renaissance Italy, where a blood fever killed many and left some of its victims alive with mysterious powers-- controlling the wind, controlling fire, sensing energy, talking to animals, raising the dead, giving illusions. Some of them are part of an organization called the Dagger Society, run by the exiled Prince Enzo who wants to reclaim the throne his sister stole from him. The main character is Adelina, who runs away from home after killing her abusive father and finds herself saved by Enzo, who recruits her. She's no hero. She's fascinating.

Book 1: The Young Elites.
Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

Book 2: The Rose Society.
Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she flees Kenettra with her sister to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good when her very existence depends on darkness?

Book 3: The Midnight Star.
Adelina Amouteru is done suffering. She’s turned her back on those who have betrayed her and achieved the ultimate revenge: victory. Her reign as the White Wolf has been a triumphant one, but with each conquest her cruelty only grows. The darkness within her has begun to spiral out of control, threatening to destroy all she’s gained.

When a new danger appears, Adelina’s forced to revisit old wounds, putting not only herself at risk, but every Elite. In order to preserve her empire, Adelina and her Roses must join the Daggers on a perilous quest—though this uneasy alliance may prove to be the real danger.

Harry Potter is my ultimate, all-time favorite, but these are probably tied for second.

Sibelle Grey Sibelle Grey I'm stealin' the way you formatted :-P....

My favorite right now is the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. She is AWESOME. Actually, all of her work is really, really good.

A Court of Thorns and Roses
content

Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill - the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.The start of a sensational romantic fantasy trilogy by the bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series.Contains mature content. Not suitable for younger readers.

17927395.jpg

The stunning sequel to Sarah J. Maas' New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses and a No.1 New York Times bestseller.Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court - but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms - and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future - and the future of a world cleaved in two.With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights. Older teens will love A Court of Mist and Fury.Contains mature content. Not suitable for younger readers.

content

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit - and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords - and hunt for allies in unexpected places.In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.Contains mature content. Not suitable for younger readers.

I really enjoyed the Broken Empire series by Mark Lawrence, though it isn't for everyone.

Book One:
9781937007683_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg

Book Two:
511KC9FeEuL._AC_UL320_SR198,320_.jpg

Book Three:
51oPSTyDISL._AC_UL320_SR198,320_.jpg

I am not an avid reader but I couldn't stop reading this series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back