Favorite hilarious RP moments?

Trigger215

I have a lot of dergs.
In my opinion, one of the most important parts of a good RP is tossing in a comedic touch. It can be as simple as having your character be a punsmithing memelord (like mine), or as complicated as setting up an entire storyline leading to a hilarious ending (like Rhythm Heaven Megamix does twice). Of course, there's also the random, unplanned moments of improv comedy that count, too. I want to see your favorite comedic moments. 

We'll start off with what a friend of mine posted in a Discord RP server I host. The only context I'll give is that his character, Daxter is an anthro rabbit/wolf hybrid. Basically a rabbit with a wolf's tail. As for the rest... you're on your own.
unknown.png

Currently in a roleplay about time-/dimensional travel.  My character confused an orc with a Live Action Roleplayer. I found it mildly amusing.  :ph34r:

Once had a pathfinder session where we interrogated a sky-cult member inside the home of an earth-cult member. Most of us are in the living room trying to torture, persuade and otherwise get information out of him - meanwhile, our barbarian and resident cultist are busy shagging in the next room over, making heaps of noise while the entire house is rattling. We take a pause for all of four seconds to discuss how we're going to progress with our interrogation, when suddenly the shaking stops and the frisky cultist in the room over shouts in a sing-song voice:

"I DON'T HEAR ANY SCREEEEAAAAMING."

We all burst into laughter, take a moment to recompose ourselves, then begin torturing the sky-cultist again. Sky cultist resumes screaming in pain, and earth cultist resumes bedroom festivities.

Oh, and we made tree jokes the whole way through the campaign - good ol' nature planet full of big trees. Mmmm ... puns.

One time on another site I was in a gladiator type RP and my character was a 18 year old mage/necromancer. Another character basically used a character like cat woman. So my character had just killed her partner and had her on her back legs. She basicly seduced my character and slit his neck when she got close enough. To make things worse she got a hold of my mage book and began useing the spells against everyone she could go up against. It was funny as he'll to watch and everyone was commenting in the OOC section laughing there asses off as one of the best gladiators was beat by the girl who came from the "Dirty" side of the site.

I was in a Fire Emblem Roleplay site once, there, a had started a brawl in a tavern. Someone else had their character complaining about it, saying it was some other guy's fault somehow, and that she was gonna punch him for it the next time they met.

Another time was in this site, where I was having my character join a guild. The problem? They were at a tavern drinking, and one person's character was dancing on the table drunk. My character just got there, amd already had bad first impressions.

on irc I had this megaverse rp with my friends just the three or four of us. the first funny thing is when my friend put "walks up the table" instead of "walks up TO the table" that was good for a laugh

the second one was my friend PokeBallGirl was using her initials PBG as a nickname and someone called her PEANUT BUTTER GIRL!!!!

yeah rp got called off on the count of all three of us not being able to stop laughing IRL

then there was a friend calling her middle finger her "eleventh finger" LOL

My rp partner's murderer character hated my character and wanted to kill him, and my character knew that the murderer wanted to kill him. Murderer's girlfriend had no clue that he was dating a murderer. What happened was the girlfriend dragged the murderer up to my character's house because she wanted to meet him, and the murderer and my character were forced to make small talk with her there xD My explanation makes it seem lame, but it was just the funniest thing ever.

A really bad RP partner had a assasin who was controlling a super-powered girl to do his bidding. He was such a badass in everyway and escaped every situation thanks to the bad Rpers manipulation that I thought it would take a hell of a lot to kill him.

When I eventually confronted him in his apartment, he decided to say goodbye to the girl and then, went inside the bathroom, locking the door. He then essentially OD'd on cyanide pills in the bathtub which was so out of character that I was fucking laughing myself to death. 

The most hilarious moment I've had in a RP was our characters were soon to have to get 3 books to cast a spell to stop the summon of a God who'd destroy the world. 

However, our characters were arrested and sent to trial. The trial was conducted in a matter like Phoenix Wright. Pretty wholly so, since Phoenix Wright himself went into the RP and we broke the 4th wall around him being there

I was larping a Fallout inspired post-apocalyptic rp in a park with a pretty decent sized group of irl friends, and things went hectic pretty quickly, all things considered.

So my one friend was being a character that was the leader of a group that lived in a fallout shelter (His name was something like 'Eric Punchwood' or something.) of which my character, Gash, was a part of. Gash was an ex-member of a cannibalistic raider gang, whom Punchwood 'rehabilitated' to some extent. Rehabilitated is in quotes because she still liked to eat people, and referred to strangers and/or threats as 'morsel'. One of the only logical reasons she was kept in the group is because she could fight well and fix things. Also one of my friends who was on me and Punchwood's side was playing as a ghoul combat chef. It was a fun time. Anyway, so my one other friend's character gradually got everyone to turn on Punchwood and me by going up to each person and saying something to the effect of "Do you really wanna be teamed up with a cannibal?"

When we weren't trying desperately not to be killed by the new group of Gash-haters, I found it funny.

TL;DR: I played as a cannibal, and one friend used that to turn everyone except two people against me.

So, our party finds ourselves exploring this old, recently abandoned mansion outside a major city looking for clues as to the whereabouts of a very important person who we need to talk to. There's something that was obviously going on at the house though, and we split up to explore before the people exploring upstairs come under attack.

Now, I'm playing a dragonborn fighter wearing heavy plate armor who has been exploring the downstairs. When I hear the cries of alarm, my immediate reaction is to climb the rickety old stairs up to the second floor to assist. Everything's going swimmingly when one of the people in our party points out the fact that I'm climbing rickety old stairs while being a dragonborn, who already is quite heavy, and wearing heavy armor on top of that. Immediately, the GM says, "You know, that's a good point.." As I shoot death glares at my party member for selling my character out, I have to do an agility check to determine what will happen.

The GM is cracking a huge smile as he describes what happens. Suffice to say, the agility check did not go well, and I suddenly find my character plummeting through the stairs, becoming trapped in the floorboards. Everyone was laughing as my character weakly called out for help, the strongest and heaviest member of the party stuck in the floor for an entire fight. After that, I always made sure to ask about the condition of the stairs.

I was joining a WH40k RP on another site and I couldn't think of a name, and I used one that somebody suggested me. We were like 30 posts in before I realize 'Elijah Woods' was an actual actor.

A demon character of mine morphed into a poster in my other character(the one that's my avatar)'s laundry room. Other character proceeds to push a drawer in front of the door, thinking it would keep demon character inside laundry room. Demon character then politely asks for him to move the drawer. 

In an Exalted game, I was playing a Twilight with the full set of Occult Perception charms.  However,  I was hiding I was a Solar (Solars are hunted in the setting), so I couldn't use my character's charms.  One of the NPCs passed out some herbal gook in preparation of a demon attack.  You are suppose to put the gook under your eyes.  My character uses the gook as an excuse for her ability to talk and interact with the demons.  She negotiates with the demons and gets them to not attack the boat.   She turns around and see everyone looking at her in shock and a little fear.  

"What's wrong?"  she asks another PC.

"The gook only lets you see the demons, not talk to them."   

Opps. 

Good times. :)   

In an Exalted game, I was playing a Twilight with the full set of Occult Perception charms.  However,  I was hiding I was a Solar (Solars are hunted in the setting), so I couldn't use my character's charms.  One of the NPCs passed out some herbal gook in preparation of a demon attack.  You are suppose to put the gook under your eyes.  My character uses the gook as an excuse for her ability to talk and interact with the demons.  She negotiates with the demons and gets them to not attack the boat.   She turns around and see everyone looking at her in shock and a little fear.  

"What's wrong?"  she asks another PC.

"The gook only lets you see the demons, not talk to them."   

Opps. 

Good times. :)   

That's a good one! Dramatic irony creates hilarious situations sometimes.

Another situation from the same game:

Our characters were in some god forsaken arctic village.   It was cold, primitive, and our Night caste womanizing gambler was bored.  

Night: "How much longer are we going to say in this dump?"

Dusk: "A few weeks.  We need to hunt and gather supplies."

Night: "I don't think I can last that long"

ST:  "There are plenty of busty women who need their beds warmed..."

Night:  "Why are we leaving so soon?"

There was a breakfast restaurant my partner's character really enjoys, and any time my partner mention the place IC they would called it the "Waffle House." Throughout the whole time, I just wrote that my character never been to the Waffle House before and thought it was a family owned place that specializes in waffles. OOC, I never heard of a Waffle House before and I think my partner noticed. It was so weird to google a place that I once thought was fake!

Our characters did eventually went to the Waffle House but it was pretty late, but apparently, the place doesn't just sell breakfast items. My character ordered a breakfast plate anyways with a cup of coffee. 

So once I was playing a game of D&D with a group of friends irl. Now the whole time we're playing the guys I'm playing with keep talking about this dating sim they've been playing where all the girls are disabled in some way. So they're all going on about which girl is their waifu,  even playing music from the game because you know the feels man.  

Now meanwhile in the actual campaign one of the guys, we'll call him J,  creates a barbarian character named Dirn moredoor. Not quite so ironically his character is pretty obsessed with doors and as we're making our way through this dungeon each time we come across a door he immediately rips it off its hinges and then either uses it as a shield, a projectile weapon, or he just carries them around with him in a stack. At one point the whole group started using them to slide down stairs just because.  Every time he does this though he, of course, has to roll a check.

So it comes up to one door he's trying to beat down and he rolls a 20 and for some reason the way we're playing we have a deck of cards describing what happens whenever someone gets a 20. So DM grabs a card from the deck and announces "The door has been blinded and dazed." (Now it's also worth mentioning that J's Waifu in the dating sim I mentioned just so happened to be the blind one) So almost instantly the whole table simultaneously yells "Don't fall in love with it J!" 

Then of course, just to spite us, we have to go through the rest of the dungeon with this guy carrying around this one door he won't get rid of or let anyone touch while he's still collecting all the other doors he sees just so he can throw them at people. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Another time was in this site, where I was having my character join a guild. The problem? They were at a tavern drinking, and one person's character was dancing on the table drunk. My character just got there, amd already had bad first impressions.

LOLOL. Sounds very familiar. I was in that same rp I think cuz your name seems familiar too LOL.

In an rp I'm in rn, there's this edgelord psychopath and all the other characters keep shittalking him in their heads for being so edgy.

LOLOL. Sounds very familiar. I was in that same rp I think cuz your name seems familiar too LOL.

In an rp I'm in rn, there's this edgelord psychopath and all the other characters keep shittalking him in their heads for being so edgy.

Yeah, I have seen you before.

I play GURPS every weekend with a few of my IRL friends. My character is a lizard-man with a delusion that the small gecko he carries on his person is his brother. The lizardman is a pretty large guy - 6'4", 200-240lbs pounds or so of muscle. His name is Klicki. Lizard bro's name is Kruschkull.

So, naturally, I'm roleplaying. Involving my brother in things. Pretending that I can speak to him in this way or that. Fortifying the little fucker to the teeth, going so far as to skin a part of my own arm and use it at the leatherworking stall to make a tiny suit of armor for Kruschkull. Of course, upon seeing this horrific display of intimidation, blood, and gore, the leatherworker decided to make the lizard armor completely for free. Klicki doesn't really understand social norms.

Inside of another instance, we're all making our monthly prayers to our gods. They're, of course, probably not going to answer, but the GM decides to humor us. He breaks out his secret dice (a set of dice with shapes on them instead of numbers that he can use in combination with a chart to figure out what they say, but we can't) and has me roll them. I pray that Kruschskull will be able to communicate his thoughts more clearly to me, then blow on the dice and roll 'em. The result is three of the same shape. Either means really bad, really good, or normal.

The GM stares at the dice for a long while. Confused, I ask him what's the matter?

Kruschkull replies, "Got any crickets?"

Of course, the hitch is that Kruschkull can only communicate telepathically with Klicki, and he's still got the brain of a lizard, so I can't really use him for stealth ops or anything. But hey, talking brother-lizard. 

On another note, a different character was continually rolling reactions to get a high-five from Kruschkull. On separate occasions, he's gotten venom spit in his eye, the wailing banshee noises of a distressed lizard, and eventually, a high-five from a sentient gecko.

So once I was playing a game of D&D with a group of friends irl. Now the whole time we're playing the guys I'm playing with keep talking about this dating sim they've been playing where all the girls are disabled in some way. So they're all going on about which girl is their waifu,  even playing music from the game because you know the feels man.  

Now meanwhile in the actual campaign one of the guys, we'll call him J,  creates a barbarian character named Dirn moredoor. Not quite so ironically his character is pretty obsessed with doors and as we're making our way through this dungeon each time we come across a door he immediately rips it off its hinges and then either uses it as a shield, a projectile weapon, or he just carries them around with him in a stack. At one point the whole group started using them to slide down stairs just because.  Every time he does this though he, of course, has to roll a check.

So it comes up to one door he's trying to beat down and he rolls a 20 and for some reason the way we're playing we have a deck of cards describing what happens whenever someone gets a 20. So DM grabs a card from the deck and announces "The door has been blinded and dazed." (Now it's also worth mentioning that J's Waifu in the dating sim I mentioned just so happened to be the blind one) So almost instantly the whole table simultaneously yells "Don't fall in love with it J!" 

Then of course, just to spite us, we have to go through the rest of the dungeon with this guy carrying around this one door he won't get rid of or let anyone touch while he's still collecting all the other doors he sees just so he can throw them at people. 

For the record the name of the game is Katawa Shoujo. Its about a guy with a heart condition that has to go to school with a bunch of disabled people. ALSO YOUR FRIEND HAS SHITE TASTE IN WAIFUS. ROBO LEG AMPUTEE GRILL IS  BEST GRILL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Context : New group, new pathfinder campaign, the group has played a campaign before with another gm. After some walking the group end up in a dungeon where they must find an amulet and bring it back to their contractors.

GM (Me) : The room is rectangular, approximately 6 meters long and 4 meters wide, there is three doors : One in the north, one in the east and one in the west. You used the north door to get in. In the north-west corner, there is a big linen bag, apparently filled with grain, in the center of the room, there is a stone statue picturing an elf woman holding a horned baby human. What do you do ?

Steve (The Rogue) : I throw a pebble at the bag. Ready to back away if something trigger.

Charles (The Mage) : I slowly progress toward the east side of the room while remaining against the north's wall. I test the ground with my staff to make sure there is no pit.

GM (Me) : Wha..

Julien (The Barbarian) : I talk to the statue saying "Oh ! Great gargoyle ! I bow down to your great power ! Allow us to continue our quest if you please ! We will be swift in the process not to disturb your sleep for too long !"

GM (Me) : ...

GM (Me) : What the fuck has your previous GM made you live ?

The previous GM was apparently kind of a a**hole who puts totally lethal traps everywhere and actively try to kill the players. After about 2 games with me they abandoned all their paranoiac habits and were good roleplayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back