• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
//Question-- do I have to use those colors..?
Finally...nope, never mind a hologram or that's what it looked like, took Braxton and Sasha's place..where the heck are they?

Lux fiddles around in his cloak more, and makes an outdated, basic interface. He starts tracking a distinct signal that Sasha's part-Roborg anatomy projects, and links it to the interface to find where she is.

//Question-- do I have to use those colors..?
//Try clicking on that water drop on the text screen.

Susan eventually finds a orange flash drive, opens up a USB port on the top of the table, inserts the flash drive, and presses a button. The lights in the briefing room turn from white to orange and the roof opens, showing a device resembling a projector. “You have insert a informative USB flash drive. Would you like me to explain the subject, Captain?” A robotic feminine voice asked in the intercom. “No thank you. I’ll take it from here.” Susan responds. The projector then actives...

... Showing a holographic display of a orange insignia resembling a flaming skull. “The threat likely responsible for the events in the Multiverse Mayhem Beta is the Inferno Syndicate, a Human supremacist group infamous for committing alien genocides and repeated attempts of overthrowing both sides of the Galactic Civil War.” Susan explains in a deathly serious tone. “Formed shortly after the Human’s involvement in the Galactic Alliance, these anthropocentric terrorists intend to bring down both the Galactic Alliance and the Planetary Confederacy and bring the Human race on top of the Galactic food chain; they intend to treat every being, including sentient beings except themselves, as animals.”

Lux listens in keen interest. This group seems like bad news. "Do we know where they are based? And how big is this organization?" He writes on his pad and shows to Susan. This is going to be quite the mission to take down an entire syndicate of alien-haters.

“The syndicate have no known base as far as we know of. But all we do know about them is that, based on the number of arrests on Inferno members, there could be thousands, maybe millions, of supporters.” Susan responds to Lux’s question. “They are such a threat that they are below the Formic race on how dangerous they are. And the Formics are below the Roborg.” Susan elaborates.

He nods."Do we have any sort of plan for them? If not, then I might have an idea." He writes and shows Susan. He is extremely curious about them, and why they hate aliens. His idea would consist of either 1. Going to Nintendo personally to do an investigation, or 2. Letting Lux and someone else maybe go into the game to find the problem, and track it to the syndicate.

Talia shook her head, slight fear going into her features.

“They are within two threat levels of the Roborgs?” She asked incredulously, narrowing her eyes in concern. And where was Sasha and Braxton? What was with the holograms?

“And basically your saying if Kqidons or any of the other aliens on this ship went into the game, we would be a target?” She added, looking less scared now and more curious.

“The threat likely responsible for the events in the Multiverse Mayhem Beta is the Inferno Syndicate, a Human supremacist group infamous for committing alien genocides and repeated attempts of overthrowing both sides of the Galactic Civil War.” Susan explains in a deathly serious tone. “Formed shortly after the Human’s involvement in the Galactic Alliance, these anthropocentric terrorists intend to bring down both the Galactic Alliance and the Planetary Confederacy and bring the Human race on top of the Galactic food chain; they intend to treat every being, including sentient beings except themselves, as animals.”
“The syndicate have no known base as far as we know of. But all we do know about them is that, based on the number of arrests on Inferno members, there could be thousands, maybe millions, of supporters.” Susan responds to Lux’s question. “They are such a threat that they are below the Formic race on how dangerous they are. And the Formics are below the Roborg.” Susan elaborates.
Bowe and Hamele slowly processed this informaiton - so, supposedly this 'Inferno Syndicate' is responsible for several alien genocides, and loves to mess up both sides in the Galactic Civil War. Moreover, they were formed after the human involvement in the Galactic Alliance, and these people seek to bring 'it' down 'and' the Planetary Confederacy. Their goal is simple, it seems, put humans on of everything - figuratively. Their base is unknown if any, but they are said to be large and numerous, though below the Formics, which are below the Roborg, which is pretty dangerous.

Bowe gulped, shivering.
"Alien... genocides? Just for human supremacy?" Bowe questioned, mildly confused and/or angry. She feels that if they intend to do things that disrupt the world or out of the world in this case, they have no business sticking around. Hamele thought for a moment before she dared to make her own input. "So, we don't know where they are or exactly how numerous they are, but are there any sources on their 'top ranks'?" She asked, hoping to get better insight on what people one would be dealing with.

“Actually, they do have ranks, Hamele. We acknowledge this because three of the Inferno Syndicate members we arrested are group leaders.” She responded. “I’d explain what the group leaders were, but now is not the correct time.”
“And basically your saying if Kqidons or any of the other aliens on this ship went into the game, we would be a target?” She added, looking less scared now and more curious.
“Yes, Talia. As you all might have already acknowledged, if you’re an non-Human and you die in the game, you die in real life through brain death.” She said, deathly serious.
He nods."Do we have any sort of plan for them? If not, then I might have an idea." He writes and shows Susan. He is extremely curious about them, and why they hate aliens. His idea would consist of either 1. Going to Nintendo personally to do an investigation, or 2. Letting Lux and someone else maybe go into the game to find the problem, and track it to the syndicate.
”Not always, of course. Unlike the Roborg, who prefer to fight up close and personal in hopes of nabbing new roboticization victims, the Infernos will kill as many aliens as possible through any means.” Susan explains. “But, before you explain your plan, do you know how do these brand of Matrioshka Brains work?” She asked, wanting to make sure if Lux knows on such a large device.

Talia shrugged slightly. Resting her head on one of her hands, she listened intently. She knew very little about them, other than they could run games for people....? She thought? She had no clue.

“I have a slight understanding, but if you could elaborate more, I would appreciate it.” He writes, showing Susan his pad.
Susan nods and prepares a brief explanation. “As you might already know, the Matrioshka Brains are a superstructure that are used as supercomputers and superservers with varying usage. The specific brain we’re targeting right now is a Gaming Matrioshka Brain, and is mainly used as superservers to support millions, almost billions, of users for a specific game. With every Gaming Matrioshka Brain, there is a Master Development Freighter, which is basically a large ship where the gaming developers reside to update the Brain with bug fixes and added features.” She explains to Lux. “Because of the following events that happened in the Multiverse Mayhem Beta game, my best guess is that the syndicate hijacked the freighter and took control of the brain.”

Last edited:
He nods, thinking more on her words. “So, we’re most likely going to have to find the brain and freighter, retake it, and patch the game from there?” He writes, and shows Susan. He realizes that since he’s the most tech savvy of the group, he’s going to basically have to recode a massive game. Or he’s wrong. One of the two.

“Correct, Lux. However, this is a very risky mission. We do not know what surprises the syndicate might hold in that freighter. Therefore, I propose that we make a course to the Matrioshka Brain, while keeping a far enough distance so the hijackers don't realize that a fleet is right by them, send a group of specially trained soldiers to break into the freighter, gain back control, and fix the damages the syndicate caused.” She explained. She then quickly takes a look of the briefing room and noticed that two other individuals are missing. “Where are Sasha and Braxton?” Susan asked.

Bowe shrugs. "Bowe hasn't seen them since Bowe got here in the first place..." She said meekly, voicing concern - as if something could have happened to them. Is she worrying too much? Maybe, maybe not.

"I'm going with the team with your permission, Captain. Unless I'm mistaken, no one else will be skilled or fast enough with tech to fix the Brain." He writes and shows her. He hasn't forgotten the incident with his face, and he gives off the feeling of slight disdain towards Susan.

Talia sat straighter, and tilted her head to the side. She was questioning whether she should join the mission. It’s was dangerous for her and other aliens that participated, and she didn’t want to be a hindrance.

“Whether I go or not is..... probably irrelevant. From what I’ve gathered we don’t need strength on this mission. Stealth maybe, and stealth I have. Nevertheless, Captain, I would like to go, but if you believe I shouldn’t, I’ll listen to your judgment.”

Hamele nods. "I, too, would like to go. But of course, at the end of all this, it's your decision who goes and who doesn't. Given time and thinking, presumably most of the team, if not all of it would be volunteering to go. So. Who 'is' going?" She asked calmly while Bowe just stands there in silence, having nothing to say.

"I'm going with the team with your permission, Captain. Unless I'm mistaken, no one else will be skilled or fast enough with tech to fix the Brain." He writes and shows her. He hasn't forgotten the incident with his face, and he gives off the feeling of slight disdain towards Susan.
“Very well, Lux. Permission granted.” Susan replied. “Just please do be careful. The syndicate may be only Human, but Humans have exceptional creativity. Be prepared for anything.”
Talia sat straighter, and tilted her head to the side. She was questioning whether she should join the mission. It’s was dangerous for her and other aliens that participated, and she didn’t want to be a hindrance.

“Whether I go or not is..... probably irrelevant. From what I’ve gathered we don’t need strength on this mission. Stealth maybe, and stealth I have. Nevertheless, Captain, I would like to go, but if you believe I shouldn’t, I’ll listen to your judgment.”
“You will be going, too, Talia. We will need all the firepower we can get.” Susan replied.
Hamele nods. "I, too, would like to go. But of course, at the end of all this, it's your decision who goes and who doesn't. Given time and thinking, presumably most of the team, if not all of it would be volunteering to go. So. Who 'is' going?" She asked calmly while Bowe just stands there in silence, having nothing to say.
”I’m afraid that you’ll have to stay, Doctor Hamele. I’ve been considering sending Bowe to the mission,” Susan responds to Hamele, before turning to Bowe. “If she is okay with the command.”

Talia nodded in confirmation, leaning back slightly, and looking to the others.

“Why, when danger happens, is it always this crew who takes care of it.” She murmured under her breath, shaking her head slightly.

Lux nods in thanks towards the captain. He continues fiddling with the interface to try to track Sasha and Braxton. He looks at Talia, as he heard her mumbling. "We're the strongest, most diverse crew. Of course we have to take care of it." He writes on a small note, and gives to Talia.

”I’m afraid that you’ll have to stay, Doctor Hamele. I’ve been considering sending Bowe to the mission,” Susan responds to Hamele, before turning to Bowe. “If she is okay with the command.”
Hamele nods in understanding. "I understand. I shall stay here." She said, looking down to Bowe who perks up (standing up straight) where she was and now with her chainsaw blade at the ready just in case she needs it, and a look of 'let's do this' on her face. Yep... she's ready. "Yaaay! It's adventure time!" She said as clueless as ever. Like she never listened. Some things... Some little things...

Talia stood up, and placed a hand on the table. All humor that would normally adorn her face was gone. She was in business mode.

“Since we know who is going, when are we leaving.” She asked, her question directed at the captain. “And what about Sasha? Is she coming?”

“We will leave to our destination once I give the command to the bridge. For the time being, everyone here is absolutely forbidden from using the VR headsets.” Susan said to the crew. “And, in the meantime, somebody here find Sasha and Braxton. Please and thank you.” She then unplugs the USB flash drive, causing the lights to switch back from orange to plain white and the projector the deactivate, and leave the briefing room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back