• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"Sorry. Habit." He writes and shows her his apology and explanation on his pad. He continues writing once she read it. "You seem distressed. Did you not get a lot of sleep?" He writes and shows her.

Talia shrugs the apology off. She didn’t really care, she just was startled a bit.

She shook her head no at his question, and went to pull her hair out of her face, before realizing it was in a fancy side braid with the clip in it.

“No. I don’t usually sleep for more than two hours at a time.” She didn’t elaborate any further, only said what was needed.

“I see. Something must have happened in those two hours. Sleep wrong? Or are you not a morning person? Nightmares, perhaps?” He writes his paragraph, and shows her.

Talia visibly flinched when she saw ‘nightmares’, and hid it horribly. She forced a sigh, and went to go get some food from the table.

“All three, I guess. Mornings were never my thing.” She avoided the nightmare topic, and simply shrugged.

He made it very clear that he saw her flinch at 'nightmare.' He continues writing. "I see. Do you want to talk about your nightmares?" He writes, not letting her shrug off her problems, and shows her, and grabs a plate of eggs, and some toast.

Talia squeezed her eyes shut, forcing the nightmare that she had last night away. She shook her head slightly, and pushed it away.

“No.” She said simply, grabbing some toast. “And you? Any traumatic experiences you wanna get off your chest?” She said sarcastically, knowing he wasn’t going to say yes to that.

"If I had all day, I wouldn't be able to get through all of them." He writes, and silently eats his plate of food. He looks to Susan, wondering what's going through her mind.

Then, a Human engineer comes in, apparently holding onto a VR helmet that seemed to be designed to fit a Shewdew. The engineer looked... troubled, to say the least. He proceeded to take a seat on one of the benches, places the VR helmet onto the table and just... stares at it. The captain didn’t paid attention to the troubled man, as she was simply daydreaming about certain things, while maybe having a weird thought or two.

Lux seemed curious about the man just staring at the helmet. He stands up and silently sits next to the man. "Are you okay?" is what he writes on the pad, and puts it in front of the man's face.

The man read what Lux wrote down, grabbed the pad, gave it back to him, and stared at him. “You ever played that beta-access game of Multiverse Mayhem?” He asked.

Talia paused from her breakfast to look at the engineer, her suspicion and interest peaked. Hacker? And what bad stuff?

“No no, something worse than that.” He responded. “There are people who were dying in real life via brain death whenever they died in the game. And I don’t mean on random people.” He explains. “The game is specifically targeting non-Humans. From what I’ve heard from the news, there are thousands of non-Human gamers dying from preordering, and dying, in the game.” He then lifts up the VR helmet again with a grim look on his face. “And... my best warrior of a friend...” He said, voice trembling.

Talia dropped her coffee, the glass clanking against the table. She had already drained the coffee, but mostly just stared at it listening to the conversation. She had gone up against a Krystalline warrior last night. She easily could have been murdered, and Rewby! She had been in the most danger in that situation. She fumbled to grab the cup before it broke, and successfully put it back in the table. Did she kill someone last night?

“I’m sorry, what?”

He wonders if the shewdew he killed was the one this man is mourning. “I’m sorry for your loss. I’ll try to find out what’s happening.” He writes. “Who killed your friend?”

“Some guy who was wearing all black, had knives and everything. Kinda like... you...” Then, something dawned on the traumatized engineer as he stared at Lux.

“... You son of a BITCH!!” He suddenly screamed, causing Susan to jump and nearly spilled her tea. The engineer then grabbed a screwdriver from his pocket, jumped over the table, and start to charge at Lux. “IM GOING TO KILL YOU!!”

If Talia had still been drinking her coffee, she would’ve choked. Instead, she choked on air, and looked back and forth between the engineer and Lux. She was already wearing her armor, and has some small weapons, but no way in hell was she going to hurt a guy who had lost his friend.

Her mind wandered to the Krystalline she had killed. How old were they in real life?

She jumped when the engineer charged at Lux, and tried to move in front of him.

“Stop it!” She yelled.

He dropped his pad in the jump back. "I...didn't...know!" He says in his young, ruined voice. He pushes Talia out of the way, and smacks the screwdriver out of the man's hand. He flips above him and puts the man in a headlock where he can't move.

The man tried to break free from the headlock, kicking and screaming in anger. “YOU CONCEALED TRASHBAG! IM GOING TO MURDER YOU!!” The man continued to scream. Susan immediately jumps up and presses on a button on her mechanical arm. “Security on the Cafeteria Block.” She said. Eventually, the berserk engineer broke off of the headlock by ducking over, grabbed a nearby food tray, and smacked Lux in the face with it.

//...Prime time to wake up. OK, hold up. I'll see if I can get anything up for this.

//EDIT: Yeeeah, OK. So death in VR -> Death IRL. Got it. I'll just see if I can get a post up.

Lux used the momentum of getting hit in the mask to kick the man in the mouth with his heel. He then quickly punched him in the gut, and grabbed his wrist. He slammed him into the ground, kneeling on his arms, and holding his legs in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back