• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fate/Drifters Part 2 (Closed)

Hmph.

Can someone give me a summary of events?
Currently, it's just the summons. Ryuga is on team Dark, having been saved by Garm, and they're taking the Garmmobile to Hong Kong, where all the fighting takes place.
Franz Summoned Lancer, who is Sun Wukong, who is RPed by me, and she's probably going to win the whole thing.
JK, she's just as likely to die like everyone else.

Currently, it's just the summons. Ryuga is on team Dark, having been saved by Garm, and they're taking the Garmmobile to Hong Kong, where all the fighting takes place.
What the fuck is a Gammobile?

Anyway, what team am I on?

I can see that you guys have decided to stick with the idea of contrived cosmic beings doing a Grail War for no reason other than doing a Grail War, when there's at least three backstories for a Grail War I can think of off the top of my head that fit the established lore (that being; that most cosmic beings in the Nasuverse do not understand concepts like "death" because those concepts don't exist to them, let alone a concept like, "A Holy Grail War where seven Mages and seven Heroic Spirits fight for a wish; a wish being [...]" and so on.)

I digress; sometimes, I just have to grumble. I don't know what I'll make, but I'll make it soon-ish.

I can see that you guys have decided to stick with the idea of contrived cosmic beings doing a Grail War for no fucking reason than doing a Grail War, when there's at least three backstories for a Grail War I can think of off the top of my head that actually fit the established lore (that being; that most cosmic beings in the Nasuverse do not understand concepts like "death" because those concepts don't exist to them, let alone a concept like, "A Holy Grail War where seven Mages and seven Heroic Spirits fight for a wish; a wish being [...]" and so on.)

I digress; sometimes, I just have to grumble. I don't know what I'll make, but I'll make it soon-ish.
It's Garm's personal vessel for using his Riding skill on! It's a Ferrari that's colored black and has Garm's faceplate embelem on the front!

Actually, the dark team wants to wipe the planet to restart history, while team light is trying to stop them. The third team got involved because both teams have messed up how a Grail war is supposed to be done.

I can see that you guys have decided to stick with the idea of contrived cosmic beings doing a Grail War for no reason other than doing a Grail War, when there's at least three backstories for a Grail War I can think of off the top of my head that fit the established lore (that being; that most cosmic beings in the Nasuverse do not understand concepts like "death" because those concepts don't exist to them, let alone a concept like, "A Holy Grail War where seven Mages and seven Heroic Spirits fight for a wish; a wish being [...]" and so on.)

We're the team with the Ruler trying unf**k things

It's Garm's personal vessel for using his Riding skill on! It's a Ferrari that's colored black and has Garm's faceplate embelem on the front!
Dear me, a Rider in a Ferrari is like slapping the nearest construction team with a fish and saying, "Hey, guess what? There's collateral damage about to be done, and it has 'blast radius' and 'transit damage' written all over it! Overtime for you!"

Actually, the dark team wants to wipe the planet to restart history, while team light is trying to stop them. The third team got involved because both teams have messed up how a Grail war is supposed to be done.
So, okay, let's get this straight.

Dark team is a bunch of edgelords who want to pull a Goetia'd except it's for the purpose of resetting everything, except when they studied magecraft, they just kind of scoffed at the tome that said, "Basics" and tossed it into a fireplace to provide them warmth as they read, "How Do I Elemental Blast." That's fair, a lot of novices forget that the World literally conspires to kill you if you do something it doesn't like.

Light team is the big brains that Gaia hired to carry out the planet's verdict, and they don't even know it did. They're going in for the auto-win because, for as long as they try to stop the restart of the planet, the planet will literally do its utmost to ensure they crush the other side in the end. This might present itself in being at the right place at the right time, or just finding oneself being spontaneously supercharged with a shitfuckton of prana during the decisive fight. At the same time, Alaya won't fight its efforts, and may in fact pitch in its five dollars, because resetting human history implies that the current human history has to end (or I assume so.)

Looking at this from a cosmological perspective? It's a foregone conclusion, but none of the characters probably know that, which will only make it more hilarious when it ends like Fate/Zero; with everyone screaming in pain.

And the third team is just kind of there, with a whistle and a yellow card, waving it around at people and saying, "No, you idiots, you can end the world for all I care, but you need to follow the fucking rules while you do it!"

Did I get it about right?

I've taken a read through the characters, and I like what I see so far.

Except Hanarei Hanarei . It's terrible, I rate it at 2/28 quacks.

It's only because you know she would come to murder you for being a heathen.
I'll have you know I'm the owner of a Christian minecraft server and eat a salty cracker every day; it clearly makes me much purer than you.

Dear me, a Rider in a Ferrari is like slapping the nearest construction team with a fish and saying, "Hey, guess what? There's collateral damage about to be done, and it has 'blast radius' and 'transit damage' written all over it! Overtime for you!"

Dark team is a bunch of edgelords who want to pull a Goetia'd except it's for the purpose of resetting everything, except when they studied magecraft, they just kind of scoffed at the tome that said, "Basics" and tossed it into a fireplace to provide them warmth as they read, "How Do I Elemental Blast." That's fair, a lot of novices forget that the World literally conspires to kill you if you do something it doesn't like.

Light team is the big brains that Gaia hired to carry out the planet's verdict, and they don't even know it did. They're going in for the auto-win because, for as long as they try to stop the restart of the planet, the planet will literally do its utmost to ensure they crush the other side in the end. This might present itself in being at the right place at the right time, or just finding oneself being spontaneously supercharged with a shitfuckton of prana during the decisive fight. At the same time, Alaya won't fight its efforts, and may in fact pitch in its five dollars, because resetting human history implies that the current human history has to end (or I assume so.)

Looking at this from a cosmological perspective? It's a foregone conclusion, but none of the characters probably know that, which will only make it more hilarious when it ends like Fate/Zero; with everyone screaming in pain.

And the third team is just kind of there, with a whistle and a yellow card, waving it around at people and saying, "No, you idiots, you can end the world for all I care, but you need to follow the fucking rules while you do it!"

Pretty much. Both Light and Dark teams are led by beings known as Caretakers who, in the past 10 years their war went on, had a bit of cheating going on to try and get the upper hand on each other.

Right now the third team don't get to kill each other until after however many left of the 14 dark and light members are taken care of.

Pretty much. Both Light and Dark teams are led by beings known as Caretakers who, in the past 10 years their war went on, had a bit of cheating going on to get the upper hand.

Right now the third team don't get to kill each other until after however many left of the 14 dark and light members are taken care of.
Let's enjoy the murder together!

Some light and dark members basically said "fuck this" and basically kinda just stopped participating. So this'll be interesting.
I'm making a botanist magus with a "mad scientist" twist to it; his family took the words, "Seek the Root" a little bit too literally and decided that the way to achieving enlightenment is gardening, smoking weed, taking hallucinogenic mushrooms, and so on; the alteration of human perception by living in tune with nature, or just cultivating plants in general.

Thing is, their current descendant is more about that biology and eugenics, believing the Root actually lies in the minute moment of pure transformation that occurs within plant-life; this idea that plants convert ambient radiation into energy, which feeds the life on the entire planet (herbivores, who get eaten by carnivores; both of whom are rotted by scavengers and turned into a nutritous pulp that feeds plants, returning the cycle to zero.)

So to summarize, those two paragraphs above were just philosophy, and the reality is that my guy makes variable plant monster familiars.

I'm making a botanist magus with a "mad scientist" twist to it; his family took the words, "Seek the Root" a little bit too literally and decided that the way to achieving enlightenment is gardening, smoking weed, taking hallucinogenic mushrooms, and so on; the alteration of human perception by living in tune with nature, or just cultivating plants in general.

Thing is, their current descendant is more about that biology and eugenics, believing the Root actually lies in the minute moment of pure transformation that occurs within plant-life; this idea that plants convert ambient radiation into energy, which feeds the life on the entire planet (herbivores, who get eaten by carnivores; both of whom are rotted by scavengers and turned into a nutritous pulp that feeds plants, returning the cycle to zero.)

So to summarize, those two paragraphs above were just philosophy, and the reality is that my guy makes variable plant monster familiars.

That sounds pretty cool, tbh. I like it.

Birdsie Birdsie Why if you want a character so oppose mine... would you make a character that seems to have a lot of traits that would mean he would probably like Lorina quite a bit?

Birdsie Birdsie Why if you want a character so oppose mine... would you make a character that seems to have a lot of traits that would mean he would probably like Lorina quite a bit?
I felt like making an uplifting junkie who creates plant monsters for a living and gets high every now and then.

Hello friends! I'm not sure if you are still accepting applications! My fantasy character is a wizard that was raised in a very dark sect and has some connection to evil but he has worked tirelessly to distance himself from it. He has immersed himself in monastic vows but his abbot has encouraged him to move out and explore...to trust himself. He wears dark robs that turn into black smoke at the hems of his sleeves and bottom of the robe. He is working to trust people but tends to hide. You will know he is present by the black moths that accompany him. There may be one or there may be thousands upon thousands...they have been tied to him since he was a boy. With all of this said, I am very open to other characters!

Very sorry, but it looks likes someone got the jump on you=P

Applications just closed. Thanks for the interest though. I hope your character finds a good rp to settle himself in.

You got it as right as right can get.

*Smokes a fat magical blunt*

You want magical weed? It'll cost you an obol.

Lancer: You know how many of my kind did that and got their brains extracted for doing so? No thank you!
Ryuga: Why would I even smoke? I am too busy working on a way to save my girl from the dragon.
Lancer: I could have sworn she was the dragon itself.
Ryuga: Shhhh! I consider them different entities! Don't say that they are the same person!

Lancer: You know how many of my kind did that and got their brains extracted for doing so? No thank you!
Ryuga: Why would I even smoke? I am too busy working on a way to save my girl from the dragon.
Lancer: I could have sworn she was the dragon itself.
Ryuga: Shhhh! I consider them different entities! Don't say that they are the same person!
Smart choice; this weed is the work of generations of magi shamans, druids, and hippies trying to invent the right naturalistic chemical cocktail that will alter your perceptions so far off the human perception curve that you'll see the fucking Root of Existence. It's Lovecraftian weed that causes you to see the future, see alternate worlds and realms, and see some real cursed memes.

For example:

Antonio: *Hits the blunt*
Antonio: *Sees the future*
Antonio: *Laughs at the imminent suffering and makes the smart decision of pulling out of the Holy Grail War*
Antonio's Wife: "Why are you laughing? That isn't even weed; it's mint."
Antonio:
Antonio's Wife:
Antonio: "Wait, I don't remember getting married."
Antonio's Wife: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" *flies away*

Smart choice; this weed is the work of generations of magi shamans, druids, and hippies trying to invent the right naturalistic chemical cocktail that will alter your perceptions so far off the human perception curve that you'll see the fucking Root of Existence. It's Lovecraftian weed that causes you to see the future, see alternate worlds and realms, and see some real cursed memes.

For example:

Antonio: *Hits the blunt*
Antonio: *Sees the future*
Antonio: *Laughs at the imminent suffering and makes the smart decision of pulling out of the Holy Grail War*
Antonio's Wife: "Why are you laughing? That isn't even weed; it's mint."
Antonio:
Antonio's Wife:
Antonio: "Wait, I don't remember getting married."
Antonio's Wife: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" *flies away*
XD

I love this guy already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back