• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had fun writing this one (O.K., more fun than I usually have). Enjoy, friends! =)

Just to clarify: the vents on the walls, if the outer cover was blasted away, would they then be big enough to fit us in our armor?

Maybe put this in OOC instead of in-game, Sherwood?

EDIT: Or perhaps in OOC brackets in-game? =)

Re: vents. Yes.

Last edited:
Heya Sherwood! A kind word of caution - until our favorite young Italian-American is fully recovered, there will be a saving throw vs. Pain for Mario if he attempts to use his jump jet.

Sorry I took so long to post; I thought I had already, but when I looked at the thread again, I saw that I hadn't. Oops!

Sorry I took so long to post; I thought I had already, but when I looked at the thread again, I saw that I hadn't. Oops!

"...Took so long to post..."? Psychie, you and Sherwood are, in terms of frequency, my top posters in Robotech: Broadsword. Would that everyone posted here as often as you have, we'd be long into the next chapter by now with me trying to keep up! Heh! =)

Being a stay at home dad to my four year old niece gives me plenty of time to lurk about the place. That's why I'm on so much. :coolshades:

Yup. I'm fortunate that my wife has a good job or I'd have to work, too, and we would then be paying a fortune in daycare costs. My job doesn't pay well, but it is very important and satisfying when my little one gives me a big hug and tells me "I love you!" Best feeling ever.

Heya folks! Read the latest in-game post please then read The Spoiler Below.

Epiphany Epiphany

The presence of Neqel Amherst here is my way of getting Pips's character out of the game in a way that makes sense. Should Pips come back to play, this is her character's way out. I did not want to leave her where she was. This post is also her way of finding out where her character is and what happened to her. She may yet come back and play with us. God only knows.

What this means for each of you:
1. None of the Wild Cards need leave the area. Just call in a medical evac and Yours Truly will have Neqel out of the game in temporal stasis with a "side mission" accomplished for your characters. Yes, I had all this written out a different way, but life throws you curve balls sometimes. Best to roll with them.
2. Yes, all hostiles in the area will somehow miss the medical evac and this part of the story will wrap up nicely allowing you guys to continue on in a way you all see fit.
3. The medical evac will return without incident to Eglin ASC base. Boom-done.

Any questions or thoughts?

I had thought that, since all of our mecha are two-seaters, Neqel would be able to be strapped into the rear seat of one of our rides for the trip back to Eglin. But the medical evac would certainly work well enough. I guess I'm trying to say that either way we go with this, I'm good to go.

Absolutely, Psychie. Thanks for saying so, too.

Were Pips playing, I would recommend she be placed in someone's back seat too. But since Neqel lacks a player (and I am not in the habit of playing other people's characters), I just want Neqel back at base. This leaves you guys free to continue the adventure without having to ditch your A.T.A.C. team (who loves you and needs you! Really they do! Ha ha!) to the unknown.

Put another way, I suppose this is my selfish way of helping Pips while also creating a situation entirely new for our T.A.S.C. team (the alien creature) to explore and discover.

I also figured this solution sure beat you gals sitting outside of Milton playing cards or whatever waiting for something to happen. After all, one big reason the Wild Cards split up into two teams in the first place was out of player-character boredom. I did not create this adventure with your splitting up in mind at all. But hey, what's a Game Master who can't create on the fly and keep things fun and interesting, right? That's my intent at least. =)

"LV426! A breach attempt has been alerted in your area! Report!"
Isn't LV426 the number of the planet in Alien and Aliens that Ripley and company set down on? Forshaodwing, or happy accident?

Good eye, Sherwood! It is the name of the planet Ripley and the Colonial Marines set down upon in Aliens. I use it here as an homage to one of my favorite sci-fi movies ever! I figured the late James Horner's music I used for mood in the scene might also prove as a clue ("Combat Drop" from that same movie)). Nicely done! =)

Super nice of you, Purr Purr and sorry for leaving you and the group in the lurch. Just way too much stuff going on IRL.

As I have time, I'll catch up on the game for the sake of enjoyable reading but please don't hold anything up for my sake. Super apologies for being a terrible player.

We do miss you, and I think I speak for everyone when we say take care of yourself; the game will always be here waiting.

Epiphany Epiphany ! So glad to hear from you! Enjoy the reading and do leave a note from time to time when you can, we like to know you're still, well, doing, even if things aren't doing well (or if you just don't want to say which way they're doing).

Super nice of you, Purr Purr and sorry for leaving you and the group in the lurch. Just way too much stuff going on IRL.

As I have time, I'll catch up on the game for the sake of enjoyable reading but please don't hold anything up for my sake. Super apologies for being a terrible player.

PIPS! *SuperDimensionalFortressHugs* "Terrible player?!" You did as promised, lady! You put a post in even when you were sick. Real Life ALWAYS Comes First!

I'm just glad you're able to type again! Woo! =)

I gotta say it - Pips, seeing you back and able just makes my week! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back