• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm game! But let's see how the roll resolves when Dannigan gets up. :)

Actually, to be fair to people and their schedules, I am waiting to give Cap'n and Kaerri a chance to post for their characters before I post again (Real Life being what it is). =)

Real Life pending, I'll post tomorrow. =)

Is there a bonus to Perception due to a high IQ? I seem to recall that I heard a question about it sometime a while ago, but I don't see anything in Shop Talk about it.

In one of the issues of the Rifter, there is an optional rule posted that gives a high IQ bonuses to Perception as if it were a high ME; so a 24 IQ would give a +5. I don't know if Dann is using that rule or not. Mario is not that bright to get a IQ bonus.

Ah! Psychie? Sherwood? I knew we had covered that very question before! In Fat Gandalf's Chapter One, post #581 way back in February. Here's the address (I am on my phone; I'll fix this when I get home).

Now pardon me while I sit back and be kind of amazed that I remembered something like that! =)

EDIT: Fixeded its! Now what? =)

Last edited:
I knew that I had seen something about that before. Like I said, I didn't see anything about it in Shop Talk, so I wasn't sure. Thanks anyways for looking up the relevant post, even if it doesn't give me the bonuses I was hoping for!

Well, I just cannot agree that raw intellect aids in perception. In my experience, they are two different gifts. Perception is also a skill, hence my adding Awareness into the game. =)

I hope to post tomorrow and move the story forward. Hope Real Life is treating you well, folks! =)

Oh, and here's something I've been meaning to mention regarding good ol' Sherwood Sherwood . As some of you might have guessed, I do my fair share of behind-the-scenes die rolling. It saves everyone time and keeps my word count going without interruption. Still, I really hope we get the ability to roll verifiable dice back RpN somehow, because a certain d20 Sherwood has requested to be used (you know the one, bud) has been rather ruthless to Sherwood's character Mario for awhile now.

Notice Mario's been getting beat up, knocked down, barely making it on many an occasion? Well, that's because I pay close attention to how the dice roll on any given check. It works like this. If you need, say, a 13 to make a somewhat difficult action happen, and your total comes to out to an 18, then you aced it. An 8? Then you blew it (oh well!) but, say, a 13? Well then you barely made it. This, folks, is what has been often happening for a few months now with Mario.

I'll make, for example, a jump jet check (yes, that's right, I make a roll for launching yourself 70 feet into the air and accurately getting to where you're hoping for - it's not a difficult roll but it's also not "insta-matic"). In this last case, Mario made it (barely). Then I roll a second time to get an idea of what exactly happened. That's the roll that goes sour in Mario's case. Hence Mario bouncing off the ventilation shaft ceiling.

So... Sherwood, should you decide to change dice colors, I'm behind you all the way. And if not, that, of course is your option too. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up of what's going on behind my "Game Master Screen." =)

I had just thought that Mario was a damage magnet, and that the very universe itself had focused its anger into the multi-sided dice that you are using to punish him for some unknown transgression. ;3:

So, Sherwood? Among the d20s in Shop Talk, which new color would you like to go with? Because until you tell me, I have to stick with the old color.

Actually, let me get everyone's opinion on that. Pips doesn't yet have a chosen color. So what d20 colors from the selections in Shop Talk is everyone comfortable with?

Kaerri -
Sherwood -
Psychie -
Cap'n -
Pips -

Please refresh our memory with what colors you have available.

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw them in Shop Talk. I'll take Orange for now, please.

Last edited:
Okies, friends! Catch up in-game with the latest post then read the note below? =)

Just to make it clear - at this time, Elinor, Toph, Neqel, Shirley, and Unit One are able to communicate mentally. No computers, no radios, not even your voices. Mind-to-mind communication between you all - at least, for now. Enjoy it! =)

Dice colors selected thus far.
Kaerri -
Sherwood - Orange.
Psychie - White.
Cap'n -
Pips - Yellow.

And don't worry - if two of you want the same color, have at! They are just dice after all! =)

Dann, while looking over your post, that line of 'the micronians are onboard' reached out and suddenly hit me in the face. I'm thinking we may have found a ship!

I know, I know, you can't say. You only work here. lol

It will be interesting to see if I am right.

I am really, really sorry that I've not been posting. 'The alert system is working perfectly fine'...

Captain Hesperus

No worries, Cap'n! Good people like you get benefit of doubt - I thought you needed a break or something. Good to see you back! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back