• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in seeing some mecha-vs-mecha action, either in this fight or in the Zentraedi ship on our way to find the Ice-9.

I'm just asking about Story vs. Action. Not traversing. Not on-ship, off-ship. =)

More story? More action? Or in-between? Those are the options (in the spirit of that beloved philosophy, "Keep It Simple, Stupid!").

That'd be me, then? I'd say in-between - I'd like to roll some dice, but also really like the cloud, for example, that means that there's more to consider than just rolling dice.

Just in case we don't hear from Cap'n (busy is as busy does), I believe at least Herc expressed Herc was somewhere between "action" and "let's rescue Adamantium already" (for lack of better wording on my part). That tells me (if I'm reading it right) that both Cap'n and Herc are somewhere in between more story and more action (and I can provide both).

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus One more ping. If we don't hear anything in the next day or so, I'll ramp up the action. Stay safe, Gang!

Hey, Gang! I hope to post within the next 24 hours. We'll see how it goes. =)

Again, the Swede switches back, continuing the conversation with Eadric. "How close to the edge of the cloud is the movement? Where is it headed?"
Eadric sees nothing inside the Red Thunder Cloud. He is referring to the small white cloud that Adamantium has kicked up.

Heya Gang! There appears to have been a miscommunication here involving the setup of what's going on and who is where. Allow me to provide details:

1. Let's start with the Wild Cards. They are in a line (think an American football defensive line before the play has begun). At their rear about 150 meters (roughly 500 feet) away is Adamantium and First Flight who is coming down to pick them up to fly them away back to the Broadsword

1a. Of Scary Jerry, there is no sign.

2. Ahead of the Wild Cards (where they are facing) is the Red Thunder Cloud. It too is about 150 meters away and traveling directly at the Wild Cards. The cloud is absolutely enormous (1km long, 500 meters wide, 500 meters high). It is traveling slowly and at its current rate of speed will reach the Wild Cards' position in less than a minute.

3. Now only about 1 mile/1.6 km out is Eadric in his custom Veritech. He is rapidly flying along and can also (easily) physically be at the Wild Cards' position in less than a minute if he so chooses

4. The Broadsword is behind the Wild Cards' position about 1,000 meters (1 km away), almost all guns blazing.

5. The "Ship of Death"/Zeki-Zentraedi Command Ship is directly to the Wild Cards' right about 1 km away and it too is just Zentraedi-sized enormous (over 2 1/2 kilometers in length!). It is ominously silent.

More anon. Real Life doth beckon.

Eadric sees nothing inside the Red Thunder Cloud.
That was my impression.
He spots movements underneath the cloud.
Still, given the size of the red cloud, it does make sense to ask where Eadric sees the dirt/snow - close to its edge, or right in the middle underneath it. Because we have no clue where Jerry is.

He is referring to the small white cloud that Adamantium has kicked up.
Well, from Ylva's perspective, he refers to something that kicks up dirt and snow. It might be the part of Adamantium we're trying to protect right now. It might be us. It might be Jerry. In the last case, Sharp needs to know.

3. Now only about 1 mile/1.6 km out is Eadric in his custom Veritech. He is rapidly flying along and can also (easily) physically be at the Wild Cards' position in less than a minute if he so chooses
Somehow, i got the impression that Eadric is off to one side - maybe because I thought he'd come from the direction of the Ship of Death because I haven't caught up with the entire prologue yet. That's why I meant to hover closer to that side - but if he's straight on the other side of the cloud, that obviously doesn't make much sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

Somehow, i got the impression that Eadric is off to one side - maybe because I thought he'd come from the direction of the Ship of Death because I haven't caught up with the entire prologue yet. That's why I meant to hover closer to that side - but if he's straight on the other side of the cloud, that obviously doesn't make much sense. Thanks for pointing that out.
Dann told me all the good guys are on the same side of the red cloud, with Adamantium (i.e. the white cloud, but Eadric doesn't know who they are) between the assorted us and the red cloud. I'm not sure if that means Eadric is behind you or to your side (away from the Ship of Death) or somewhere between, but he isn't any further ahead than Adamantium are.

I've edited my post so that his report to Ylva says he sees the white cloud ahead of the red cloud instead of below it (that was my misperception).

Now I'm officially confused. I'll give your posts another read after dinner and try to figure things out. Will do edits once I have a clue what the hell is going on, I'm lost.

I'm really sorry, I understood when I read his post, but when typing my own I got some of it completely backwards. I am trying again with visuals. Not to scale. Purr Purr is this right or should I move something?

Broadsword.png

I'm really sorry, I understood when I read his post, but when typing my own I got some of it completely backwards. I am trying again with visuals. Not to scale. Purr Purr is this right or should I move something?

Kaerri Kaerri That's about right! I don't know how you did that, but that's really neat! =)

I'll do some editing later today, thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the two super-frustrated ooc-posts yesterday, had a rough evening yesterday and the confusion didn't help. That's obviously not your fault. Thanks for the help, folks.

I'll do some editing later today, thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the two super-frustrated ooc-posts yesterday, had a rough evening yesterday and the confusion didn't help. That's obviously not your fault. Thanks for the help, folks.
I'm totally with you, Sil! Remember the week I just had (as indicated in Sherwood's Rifts game)?

Everybody's here for each other and that includes you too, man! =)

Alrighty, think this'll do. Did a bit of editing to both posts.

Silanon Silanon

"Copy that. Yes, ground forces. We're providing cover for some, but at least one is still out there. One moment." She switches channels to relay the information. "Captain, allied fire incoming, at the cloud. Heat-based." That's not a lot of information, but at least the others will know about it beforehand. Back to Eadric, then. "If it's our team you're spotting, we're between them and the red cloud. Careful where you aim, we've got mecha picking up men."

Beautifully edited, Sil! Good going, you!

We all have days like that. I'm sorry I added to it. Hope today went better for you!

Don't be sorry, it happens - it's just bad luck that the timing worked out like that. Yesterday was better, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back