• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon
Thanks for your patience, Gang! Post is up - time for action! Adventure! Drama! Or in other words...

...role-playing!! Waaaa! 8D

flying space suit GIF by Pacific Rim Uprising

And come on... Tell me that GIF there doesn't look bad as all heck! 8D

"Incoming Wargoths, sir!" Piper replies.

"They're mecha-based, right? How are they a threat to the Broadsword?"

Piper's reply is steely-cold. "Wargoths can't be spoofed; chaff and flares don't work on 'em. In our last couple of fights, they were armed with Sheefers, sir."

"Sheefers?"

"Short for 'Shield Defeaters,' sir. They fly through shields like they don't exist. We don't know how they do it. Worse yet, if they make contact with the Broadsword, they can immediately go for our vital spots like all three of the hangar bays you, the Wild Cards, and the Broo are occupying. Just one Wargoth against one of our munitions pods might cause severe loss of life, sir." Piper's voice drops an octave as she sadly adds, "It's how they nailed the Battleaxe. She never flew the same after that."

"What can we do?" Sharp offers.

"I recommend you stay on your targets, sir! The Battleaxe didn't have Beasties! Let them handle the Wargoths!"
For reference, here's when we first encountered Beastmasters shooting Wargoths at us: Chapter Four: High Stakes
Sounds like the Broo can handle them, though. ^D^

Captain Sharp does take but a single moment to come across the Wild Cards squadron channel where it is just you and him. "Wild Cards! You've fought against the Zeki before like no one else from the year 2025. If you've got any ideas, now's the time to speak up! Continue putting down fire and sound off!" As if setting the example, Captain Sharp's Spartas 105mm cannon barks out another round toward the Red Thunder cloud.

What do the Wild Cards do?
Heading down like Sharp wants to do could get you under the cloud. And the tanks can handle a lot more hits than Adamantium can (aren't they on foot, even?). With the caveat that I'm not there and therefore it's not my character getting shot at, I'd say that seems as good a plan as any. Tanks first and focus on whatever's shooting Adamantium, other mecha following and keeping the cloud broken up (in between their own shots)?

Mario has some practice in using his tank to block incoming fire from those schoolkids so long ago and wouldn't mind taking a few hits to save Admantium. After all, the damage is repairable while Admantium is not replaceable.

And the tanks can handle a lot more hits than Adamantium can (aren't they on foot, even?).
At this stage, the Wild Cards cannot tell (in part because of the smoke wall laid down), but it seems to be so. They are not moving fast, certainly not nearly as fast as healthy pilots in healthy snow-prepped Cyclones can lay down in motorcycle mode across ice and tundra.

(Not to change the subject, but having reread that scene from Chapter Four back in 2018... I liked it! I did good! =) )

Thanks for linking it here, Kaerri! The plan sounds solid enough - I'll try to get a post up over the weekend.

Heya Gang! I hope to post here in the next 24 hours. =)

Keep healthy and wise!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! I just want to tell you that in this last scene when I'm asking what you guys want to do, I'm not just asking which Mjolnir round your character wants to send towards the Zeki-Zentraedi in the Red Thunder Cloud (as cool as that is!) - I'm asking for your ideas. Whatever you want to do, tell me!

Sure, Captain Sharp is a tanker and he's ordering you to do the tank thing in this moment (that's what he knows so that's what he does), but if you have any other ideas, strategies, notions, feel free to try - or at least suggest - them! Here or in character!

Ideas and Imagination. That's what role-playing is all about! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann

How well can a Logan hover in place, if at all? Since the Mjolnirs are better suited to take the damage, I'm wondering if it's better to stay in the air and offer support from there - without losing the Logan's mobility by standing on the ground.

The standard Logan can hover in place no problem, so the Super Logan shouldn't have any issues with that, either.

The standard Logan can hover in place no problem, so the Super Logan shouldn't have any issues with that, either.
Oh, Psychie's absolutely right about this, except the standard Logan's hovering is... well... standard - while the Super Logan's hovering is just...

3D Sounds Great GIF by #sazanimation

Heya Gang!

Anyone else have anything to add before I post next?

Nothing to add, I'm ready to get blown right out of the sky by some nasty critter.

Oh, oh! I can do requests! 8D

Atomic Bomb Explosion GIF

Is that Mega-damage enough for you? 8D

Could we maybe do it in a way that doesn't blow up the entire team with me? That'd be some anti-climatic end to the story, otherwise...

Sure! They'd get saving throws.

Yeah, that's it! 8D

Oh. And Trouble has to survive. Never kill the cute pet in the story. Both Ol' Yeller and the first John Wick movie proved that in stone. =)

Sure! They'd get saving throws.

Yeah, that's it! 8D

Oh. And Trouble has to survive. Never kill the cute pet in the story. Both Ol' Yeller and the first John Wick movie proved that in stone. =)
And besides, any attempt to harm Trouble would unleash Hercules Wick…

Captain Hesperus

And besides, any attempt to harm Trouble would unleash Hercules Wick…

Captain Hesperus
Well, hell! That's enough to send all of Earth's enemies fleeing the Milky Way!

Leaders of the Enemies of Earth: "Screw this! Let's go to Rifts! At least there, we're appreciated!!"

Enemy of Earth #2: "Not to mention safer from that big Greek guy. I mean. At least a little. Right? C'mon guys. Right?"

Well, hell! That's enough to send all of Earth's enemies fleeing the Milky Way!

Leaders of the Enemies of Earth: "Screw this! Let's go to Rifts! At least there, we're appreciated!!"

Enemy of Earth #2: "Not to mention safer from that big Greek guy. I mean. At least a little. Right? C'mon guys. Right?"
I wouldn't bet on it...

Heya Gang! I have a confession to make. I have been so distracted with Sil's new Pathfinder game that I haven't posted here. I plan on doing so within the next 48 hours. =)

I know what's going on in the next scene; it's just a matter of writing it all down accurately. From my head to the page. =)

Stay healthy everybody!

"Mood!"

A little backstory: Sometimes my PCs or myself or both get into a mood. I am sure Kaerri remembers the time in Sharseya (tabletop) that my PCs had just had a tough day and they wanted something to beat on. So, in a place where there sure as heck wasn't supposed to be any, suddenly appeared this group of armed and confused Bugbears! That's how we started that day's game and it was great!

Concerning Broadsword, what kind of mood is everyone in right now? Where can I take us?

-Do you want more action (like Roll Initiative action)?
-Do you want more story?
-Something in-between?

I loved how the bugbears were even more confused about their appearance than we were. 😂

Eadric hasn't had much action, so I wouldn't mind more. But then he's also had zero on-purpose Traversing, so I'd like that too. 🤔 I guess my mood is "in-between"?

I loved how the bugbears were even more confused about their appearance than we were. 😂

Eadric hasn't had much action, so I wouldn't mind more. But then he's also had zero on-purpose Traversing, so I'd like that too. 🤔 I guess my mood is "in-between"?
I can do that. I realized last night (on my way to Dreamland) that I could run this scene in a number of ways.

Next vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back