TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

Writing post seclusion Xichen is like, surprised! More angst! I guess Zhu Zanjin is just That Good

Right. Because he has a long road of healing ahead of him.

Bruh. Zhu Zanjin is like JGY apologist #1. You can tell how much thought he put into his acting + the way he talks about his character in interviews.

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if any of you guys are participating in like, fan events and stuff? (Big Bangs, exchanges, Secret Santas, etc. etc.). :ghost: just curious

Do you have any links?

(I like this one lol. "The one who disrupted WWX's flute wasn't me. The one who cursed Zixun wasn't me, the one who caused Zixuan's death wasn't me" xD)

(Showcasing JGY's diplomacy skills lmfaooo)

(And I oop---?)

(He talks a little bit about jgy and describing his thoughts on the character. Oof. "Pitiful, unfortunate, hateful")

There used to be a giant mass post on Twitter of a bunch of interviews where ZZJ is defending JGY as a character but seems like op deleted it :( it was a good post too

(Putting a space on that h so rpn doesn't automatically add the media tags to it and fuck up the link)
h ttps://mobile.twitter.com/ayaolovbot/status/1302980992668520450

I know there's more but I can't find them right now. I usually don't save things I cone across and I've noticed that a couple of people have deleted videos or posts for some reason (+ you caught me off guard xDD)

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if any of you guys are participating in like, fan events and stuff? (Big Bangs, exchanges, Secret Santas, etc. etc.). :ghost: just curious
Nope, never. I haven't even written a single fic lol

He keeps talking about how LXC is JGY's light lol surely xiyao are just friends.

He keeps talking about how LXC is JGY's light lol surely xiyao are just friends.

Yeah this is one thing that made me laugh and I was like oh shit that is bold.

just the bestest of best buddies.

Reid Reid damn he just roasted LHK like that ("he's not that funny" lmao). and omg the UNCLE BOYSSS. I need to watch more of these interviews!!

Reid Reid damn he just roasted LHK like that ("he's not that funny" lmao). and omg the UNCLE BOYSSS. I need to watch more of these interviews!!
There are clips of the live stream he mentioned. (It's very funny) LHK seems to fumble his words a lot xD

XDD i mean, ZZJ is right though. JGY and JC were kinda raising JL in between them. But I'll imagine it took a lot of convincing on JGY's part so JC could let JL go a little bit. Our angry grape uncle would start breaking legs if something happened to JL

That edition has a lot of nice illustrations

I was surprised when folks started saying that the Russian translation was gonna be uncensored lol

Just read the Guanyin scene in novel ... gotta say, it's pretty good 👀. I was like Lan Xichen, I keep going oh no, poor boy and then JGY was like SYKE iMMA TAKE Jin Ling HOSTAGE and then I was the pikachu meme (twice!!! I fell for gremlin's tricks twice!!!), but honestly what did I expect lmaooo. Anyway I still have a soft spot for JGY going "stay & die with me" in CQL

Just read the Guanyin scene in novel ... gotta say, it's pretty good 👀. I was like Lan Xichen, I keep going oh no, poor boy and then JGY was like SYKE iMMA TAKE Jin Ling HOSTAGE and then I was the pikachu meme (twice!!! I fell for gremlin's tricks twice!!!), but honestly what did I expect lmaooo. Anyway I still have a soft spot for JGY going "stay & die with me" in CQL
You even read the empathy scene too?
But yeah, it's still pretty sad. At least in the book I dont have to see the utter despair and hopelessness on Xichen's face like in the show ;__;

(The stay and die with me line is canon, and I will fight anyone who tells me otherwise xDD. It was a nice touch)

You even read the empathy scene too?
But yeah, it's still pretty sad. At least in the book I dont have to see the utter despair and hopelessness on Xichen's face like in the show ;__;

(The stay and die with me line is canon, and I will fight anyone who tells me otherwise xDD. It was a nice touch)

Yea, I read everything. CQL really cut down his depth -- at that point, he's pretty ""obviously"" the villain, so everything he said sounds like an excuse. But in the novel it's more nuanced than that. I also think that the novel has the advantage that it could include the long speeches without feeling too dragged out -- in CQL, I was like, why does this one event takes up 2+ episodes?? The pacing felt a bit odd. Less so with the novel.

Yea, I read everything. CQL really cut down his depth -- at that point, he's pretty ""obviously"" the villain, so everything he said sounds like an excuse. But in the novel it's more nuanced than that. I also think that the novel has the advantage that it could include the long speeches without feeling too dragged out -- in CQL, I was like, why does this one event takes up 2+ episodes?? The pacing felt a bit odd. Less so with the novel.

Yeah. I love the show but they dumped all the evil shit on him to make WWX seem like an innocent bystander when that isn't the case. And when I see folks that watched only the show and didn't read the book ragging on JGY I'm like... ;___;

Yeah. I love the show but they dumped all the evil shit on him to make WWX seem like an innocent bystander when that isn't the case. And when I see folks that watched only the show and didn't read the book ragging on JGY I'm like... ;___;
technically I haven't read the novel either, but I have gained a lot of novel knowledge from fanfics 😂
I do prefer some character portrayals in CQL more tho. Tis why my approach to canon is "pick what you like" lmfao

technically I haven't read the novel either, but I have gained a lot of novel knowledge from fanfics 😂
I do prefer some character portrayals in CQL more tho. Tis why my approach to canon is "pick what you like" lmfao
Fair enough haha. I meant folks that point out stuff he did in cql but didn't do in the novel as evidence of his "evilness" like bruh. He didn't do those things lol

I take that approach as well. The RP me and Onmyoji are doing definitely cherrypicks a lot of stuff from both the novel and show to make it work 🤣
The fun thing about post canon AUs is that as long as it makes sense sort of, you should be fine xD. Unless there's such a thing as the canon police.....

Fair enough haha. I meant folks that point out stuff he did in cql but didn't do in the novel as evidence of his "evilness" like bruh. He didn't do those things lol
Like I don't mind if people are interpreting certain things a certain way, which is the case with fanfics, because sometimes people only like one canon and I'm not gonna tell them to have to do otherwise. But when you're making a more generic argument (eg: in metas and such), then it's usually prudent to consider multiple angles too. The argument falls a bit flat when there's a glaring counterargument in the novel.

I take that approach as well. The RP me and Onmyoji are doing definitely cherrypicks a lot of stuff from both the novel and show to make it work 🤣
The fun thing about post canon AUs is that as long as it makes sense sort of, you should be fine xD. Unless there's such a thing as the canon police.....
Is that the post canon xiyao or? And post canons are funnnn. It's very flexible and doesn't require me to read like a dozen chapters to find one small detail lol. But then canon divergence/canon also has its charms

Like I don't mind if people are interpreting certain things a certain way, which is the case with fanfics, because sometimes people only like one canon and I'm not gonna tell them to have to do otherwise. But when you're making a more generic argument (eg: in metas and such), then it's usually prudent to consider multiple angles too. The argument falls a bit flat when there's a glaring counterargument in the novel.
True. It just really rubs me the wrong way when people go "He's bad because... Because he made wen ning lose control" or "he's the one who got Zixuan killed!" when no. That was WWX's fault. Because, in actuality, WWX isn't as spotless as people want to believe he is. The whole point of mdzs is the nuance of human beings. I love WWX as much as the next person, but he definitely fucked up in a lot of ways.

Is that the post canon xiyao or? And post canons are funnnn. It's very flexible and doesn't require me to read like a dozen chapters to find one small detail lol. But then canon divergence/canon also has its charms

Yeah, post canon xiyao. Premise is that JGY doesn't die in the temple and angst ensues. It's very fun. Onmyoji plays Xichen so well. I never get tired of saying this, they're a great RPer and person to talk to.

oof. You'll hate Chinese web novels in general then. They tend to go for longer. MDZS is pretty short in comparison. TGCF is longer. It does take a while to get through books like that though, not gonna lie. Took me about... 2 months to read mdzs...
The wikis are helpful if you're looking for certain novel details but can't remember what chapter it's in. Thank goodness for those footnotes lol

Reid Reid it's always nice to find a good rp partner!! kudos to you both!

Yeah I kinda get that. I mean, there are plenty of overlapping moments you could pick to argue for JGY's evilness -- eg: killing his dad with prostitutes, killing NMJ. And yeah I know novel portrays characters in very nuanced ways -- it kinda affects how people view other's reactions toward WWX too -- eg: JC antis .¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'm not anyone's anti bc it takes a lot for me to truly hate a character lol.

ahhh it's not a problem with Chinese web novels tbh, more like I'm lazy when it comes to being canonically accurate lol. I forget things easily, and Wiki footnotes save my life more than once. TGCF I think I read but I drop around book ehhhh 4? It's the other long flashback book I believe. I'm not too hot on the present-flashback narration style, because it usually breaks the tension for me. I'm making an exception for mdzs though (I'm following a different translation site), and cross fingers I can continue TGCF later. Scum Villain was super funny when I read it -- I think it's the shortest of the three, right? I've read some others but they're not finished so I'm just waiting for updatesssss

Yes, we will cherry pick!! :D I definitely prefer the WWX character arc from the novel (in that he does lose control of shit and it's not JGY or Su She's fault.) But then who can forget the epic takedown of Su She by LWJ at the burial mounds? Bitchy LWJ is great.

But then other stuff I hear about or have read in the novel I'm pretty much OK with not having been in the tv show, and tv show remains my preferred version of all the ones I've seen.

I still think JGY is a Bad Person though, and Reid Reid have discussed this a bunch. I respect her view but imo he's still unforgivable. However it doesn't make him a bad character, and as a character he's pretty great. Gotta love the shit out a nuanced villain. I still need to watch those videos!

I'm still irritated that I can't read the novel anywhere that's not a screen. :/ Although it seemed quite hard going to read - the writing style as translated by the fans was meh, and it's not as instantly engaging as the show - I still want to read it. XD (I got up to about chapter 30)

Reid Reid it's always nice to find a good rp partner!! kudos to you both!

Yeah I kinda get that. I mean, there are plenty of overlapping moments you could pick to argue for JGY's evilness -- eg: killing his dad with prostitutes, killing NMJ. And yeah I know novel portrays characters in very nuanced ways -- it kinda affects how people view other's reactions toward WWX too -- eg: JC antis .¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I'm not anyone's anti bc it takes a lot for me to truly hate a character lol.

ahhh it's not a problem with Chinese web novels tbh, more like I'm lazy when it comes to being canonically accurate lol. I forget things easily, and Wiki footnotes save my life more than once. TGCF I think I read but I drop around book ehhhh 4? It's the other long flashback book I believe. I'm not too hot on the present-flashback narration style, because it usually breaks the tension for me. I'm making an exception for mdzs though (I'm following a different translation site), and cross fingers I can continue TGCF later. Scum Villain was super funny when I read it -- I think it's the shortest of the three, right? I've read some others but they're not finished so I'm just waiting for updatesssss
JC antis make no sense. They only dislike him because he's rough around the edges. But then again, it's not like that came out of nowhere

Yes, SVSSS is the shortest. I'm currently on chapter 40 lol. Shen Qingqiu is hilarious. Poor dude doesn't realize that the reason why so many of the harem members are either dead, out of the picture, or ignored by Luo Binghe is because lbh likes his Shizun instead 🤣🤣 but he's like oh nuuuu. What's goinnnn onn??

i also feel like the only one who actually likes the 3D animation style of the donghua. I think the designs look nice, and the faces of Luo Binghe/Shen Qingqiu pretty expressive. I hope it gets renewed for a second season.

Yes, we will cherry pick!! :D I definitely prefer the WWX character arc from the novel (in that he does lose control of shit and it's not JGY or Su She's fault.) But then who can forget the epic takedown of Su She by LWJ at the burial mounds? Bitchy LWJ is great.
"You are not qualified to speak to me"
fuuuck. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Su She deserved that lol.

But then other stuff I hear about or have read in the novel I'm pretty much OK with not having been in the tv show, and tv show remains my preferred version of all the ones I've seen.
I think I know what you're talking about and even people that prefer the novel tend to take issue with that. Anyway, I usually refer to the wiki if I need a quick once over on the differences between some key scenes in the show and novel.

still think JGY is a Bad Person though, and Reid Reid Reid Reid have discussed this a bunch. I respect her view but imo he's still unforgivable. However it doesn't make him a bad character, and as a character he's pretty great. Gotta love the shit out a nuanced villain. I still need to watch those videos!
Haha fair enough.
We need more nuanced villains in media. I'm tired if the "hand rubbing, taking over the universe muahahaha!" Types.

I know you hate reading on a screen, but there is someone who is translating the novel in apparently more fluid readable way. I took a peek at one of their posts and it does feel a bit more organic than the ExR translation a little bit.

if that helps lol

JC antis make no sense.

Show me who hates JC and I'll break their legs!!!!

I love him.

I know you hate reading on a screen, but there is someone who is translating the novel in apparently more fluid readable way. I took a peek at one of their posts and it does feel a bit more organic than the ExR translation a little bit.

if that helps lol

Thanks I will take a look! And then wait for a pdf lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back