TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

self insert into LQR, be more supportive to my nephews. Buy out Meng Shi, accept JGY into Lan sect...

I never realize lan qiren could be such a prime candidate lol. You're right though, he has the power to change these things.

Soot Soot
Meng Shi was nothing but smart from what little we know of her. She made JGY learn how to read and write, tried to get him books on cultivation, and JGS has mentioned that the fact that he never bought her freedom was because he didn't like women that "have read a few books" because they were problematic aka, wouldn't deal with his nasty ass on the long term lmao

Chapter 105:

Like, she did that. Even though the other prostitutes made fun of her and JGY for it. She did her best with the circumstances they were forced into.

Yeah!! I actually read that part of the book and I admire her a lot because of that. She really made the best of her situation. Makes me wonder if she has a scholar background, for her to value knowledge like that 🤔; or maybe she learned it from somewhere/someone. If only she has a big family on her maternal side ... JGY might have had his happy childhood then.

Soot Soot
Doesn't even have to be that either. She could have just straight up wanted better for her son. Maybe books and learning was her own escape from her situation too. 🤷‍♀️ really makes me wonder about her past. Seems like she was the black sheep of the brothel....

It wasn't uncommon to sell girls to brothel when the family was in need of money or something along these lines. So it could be her case, even if her family was educated or at least valued education, maybe they got large debts and so she had no choice.

It wasn't uncommon to sell girls to brothel when the family was in need of money or something along these lines. So it could be her case, even if her family was educated or at least valued education, maybe they got large debts and so she had no choice.
That's just sad if that was the case.

More angst.
We don't have any official info on that but it's a very likely case.

Guess we'll never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But there are a lot of possibilities to explore there, definitely. She's an intriguing character because she has such an influence on JGY's growth, yet we know so little about her. I mean he built a frigging temple in her image, so he really loved her. Ugh, the more I talk the more I feel sad.

It's the nature of MDZS. You think you know every sad thing that could've possibly happened, and then -oops here's another one-

But there are a lot of possibilities to explore there, definitely. She's an intriguing character because she has such an influence on JGY's growth, yet we know so little about her. I mean he built a frigging temple in her image, so he really loved her. Ugh, the more I talk the more I feel sad.

Oedipus complex.

Whats funny about that is that WWX (and everyone else) mistook the statue in the temple as being him. So they thought he was being vain (having people worship at a temple with a starue in his image!) But it was actually Meng Shi! So from this, we can assume that JGY looked a lot like his mom too. It makes sense that he was close to her, she was, I think, the only good thing in that brothel for him. Everyone else either verbally abused him, or taunted him (like in that chap 105 quote I showed, the prostitute jabs a finger at his forehead to leave a red mark, aka, mocking the vermillion mark of the Jins! . They hint at who his father is, but keep taunting him and his mother for "daring" to act like they're from the Jin family)

Oedipus complex.

Too cursed 😂

Reid Reid
Maybe he inherits her dimples too 😂. But yeah it's kind of sad that people misunderstand him on that particular front. But the story is told from WWX's POV, so some amount of bias is expected. MY grew up in harsh conditions; he doesn't have a lot of good things in his life. At least he has his mom ):

I actually like how the ending highlights how quickly JGY's reputation plummets, and people were treating him like how they once treated WWX. Really hammers down the idea of "who tells your story."

Soot Soot
Fun fact, the dimples are entirely a cql thing but!!! I feel like they nailed his description. (besides the iconic hat xDD)

Jin GuangYao was born with quite an advantageous face. His skin was fair, and he had a vermillion mark embellished on his forehead. His pupils were distinct against the whites of the eyes, appearing lively but not frivolous. His features appeared rather clean, attractive yet also ingenious. The shadow of a smile that always perched by the corners of his lips, and his brows, revealed at once his clever character. Such a face was enough to earn the love of women, but still wouldn’t evoke the vigilance or aversion of men; the elderly would think of him as sweet, while the young would think of him as amicable. Even if one didn’t like him, they definitely wouldn’t hate him either, which was why his face was “advantageous”. Although his figure was a bit small, his calm demeanor was more than enough to make up for it. Donning a cap made of black gauze, he wore the LanlingJin Sect’s formal uniform, a blooming Sparks Amidst Snow crest over the front of his round-collared robe. With a nine-ringed belt at his waist, liuhe boots at his feet, and a right hand pressing down on the hilt of the sword hung by his side, he let out a powerful aura of inviolability.

Then you look at Zhu Zanjin as JGY and its like... literally him?? That's JGY xDD

Right! And I feel like that everything folks say about JGY after his death is just what they actually felt in their hearts, but they were just holding it in because he had a high position before that. They never cared about him, he was always the "no good sneaky bastard child" of guangshan. Nothing else.

Soot Soot
Fun fact, the dimples are entirely a cql thing but!!! I feel like they nailed his description. (besides the iconic hat xDD)

Then you look at Zhu Zanjin as JGY and its like... literally him?? That's JGY xDD

Right! And I feel like that everything folks say about JGY after his death is just what they actually felt in their hearts, but they were just holding it in because he had a high position before that. They never cared about him, he was always the "no good sneaky bastard child" of guangshan. Nothing else.

Wow they really did a good job with the casting/acting!

Wow they really did a good job with the casting/acting!

I'm glad they talked him out of playing Sizhui. But due to some funny banter me and Onmyoji have had in regards to JGY wearing Lan robes, I would have been curious to see Zhu Zanjin as Sizhui xDD
But still, he really did nail Guangyao's image and character

I knew the dimples thing was a drama thing, but it's too good to ignore lol. He wanted to play Sizhui? I didn't know that. He would've played Sizhui well. I think there was an interview that said he wants to play a fully good character for once x)

Soot Soot

Yes, there's an interview floating around that he mentions having auditioned for Sizhui but they gave him Guangyao

Yes, I'll love for him to play a character like that. although he definitely has the vibes for tragic characters like Guangyao.

Also!
Shameless plug for the latest news q episode because it is goddamn adorable and I'm gonna cry from all the cuteness!

oh no TT TT this is too cute ahhhh. Baby Sizhui!!! Lan-diedie omggg. Isn't there an episode with drunk Xichen too? I've seen screenshots floating around.Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 10.05.58 PM.png

Soot Soot
I've heard of that, but I've looked through the mdzs q catalog on the tencent channel but I couldn't find that episode:(

Ah then it's not up for free view yet, only if you have subscription.
Will be up next week probably.

Too cute 😍

Soot Soot
I'm fucking crying because this is so true. (And lmao at the "gentle fucking hands" bit). If he was able to control every situation to the letter, he wouldn't have gone chasing after daddy trashbag's approval at every turn.
This is one of my fave Guangyao memes too:
Screenshot_20201112-211218_Reddit.jpg
That smile when you're just 👌👌this close to losing your goddamn mind but you're trying to think happy thoughts rather than stabby thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back