TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

Reid Reid his obliviousness is hella entertaining I’ll say that. And the contrast between his inner monologue and outer appearance is 💯. I didn’t really like 3D animation but after I watched a really good series I am now ready to give scum villain a chance

Funny you post that other translation. It is, indeed, the one that I’m following at the moment 😂😂

Crayons Crayons I'm not sure that would happen in the near future but you could always hop on the subreddit and ask them.
And lmao I usually see people badmouthing JC in the YT comments of CQL videos. I remember one where the video was something like "JC being tired of Wangxian for x minutes" and people were like wah wah wah. JC is a homophobe!
And I was ready to throw hands.
JC would have acted the same exact way if WWX's love interest was female. I mean, WWX straight up abandoned him when he needed him most, left him to rebuild YunmengJiang by himself, on top of arranging the marriage between Yanli and the Jins (He was lucky YMJ had prior good relations with the Jins because can you imagine how difficult setting that up would be for an impoverished Sect?), Yanli dying because of WWX's actions, leaving him to raise his baby nephew alone and then WWX fucking off into oblivion too? And then he comes back like hey, guess who's back? :D?
Then fucking right off again with the dude he's been making googly eyes at for years and THEN he has the audacity to visit the shrine of your dead family when his actions led to their demise with the guy he left with??
Mix that up with JC's naturally touchy temperament and we have a recipe for disaster. The icing on JC's shit cake was finding out his core wasn't repaired, it was WWX's. The fucking guilt and shame he must have felt became anger and pain and the only way he knew how to lash out is where it hurts.
I mean, fucking hell. He has a reason to be upset with those two.

Soot Soot Right?? I loved that. Poor SQQ was just a normal modern guy thrown into wuxia shenanigans against his will. He's only trying to survive, not turn the protag homo xDD
I think the VA for SQQ did a good job with the contrast of SQQ's inner "freakouts" and his facade of being a master Peak Lord who's badass and knows what he's doing.

Yeah I agree with all that, and I feel like I identify with the angry grape boy a lot. :/ he's just doing his best. 😭

Yeah I agree with all that, and I feel like I identify with the angry grape boy a lot. :/ he's just doing his best. 😭
The scene where he's crying and yelling at WWX makes me cri ;__; I just wanted to hug him and tell him it was gonna be okay. He did his best, indeed. He raised JL, he managed to rebuild his sect. He did okay, in the grand scheme of things.

Considering how much he went through, he did very well...

Reid Reid I love my grape uncle and no one can take that away from me >:) My boy has heaps of abandonment issues ahhhh. And some people think that just because a character doesn't like Wangxian means they're homophobic. That's ... really not how logic works. You made a good argument that it doesn't matter who WWX loves — it matters that WWX left JC at the most crucial time. I don't understand why people don't like JC because based on his POV and his personality, everything he did is valid and rational. Although, with that argument we could say that everyone's action is valid and rational in their personal view 😂. It's mainly how us as readers decide to judge.

SQQ internal freakouts are hilariousss.

I've been reading about the drama related to Russian edition of the novel and now I feel like I need to wash myself.

This was needed. So cute!

Today I bring to you:

So cute. :3 Does the corporation give all these guys cute cats to pose with on social media? Because I feel like a) the cats are always insanely cute and b) they all have a cat and it feels contrived. XD Not that I'm complaining. Everyone needs cute boys with cute cats sometimes.

I've been reading about the drama related to Russian edition of the novel and now I feel like I need to wash myself.

This was needed. So cute!

Why is there always drama? And what is the drama?

Why is there always drama? And what is the drama?
A lot of drama.
Books delayed, not all extras are included, some content not included due to censorship, some bonuses are not the same as were advertised originally.
Part of that is blamed on the fact that in the beginning of the project some fans contacted Chinese publishers demanding to show proof that they really licensed the translation and somehow offended Chinese side so after that they didn't license two extras (those extras that are missing now) and didn't let through some suggestions like more illustrations etc.
But the Russian publisher didn't notify people who crowdfunded the project that there were changes in content. They say it was because of NDA and they were afraid that fans will assault Chinese publishers again and do more harm than good. But nonetheless it caused a lot of hate against them and books release. A lot of people are asking for refunds or want to re-sell the books because they don't want them with not full content.

Now that publisher said they will never license TGCF and SVSSS or any other MXTX works. Might look into other Chinese novels but are very reluctant to do this after what happened, their reputation in China is already damaged, it seems.

The publisher really messed up big time on many things, they didn't notify users at all about delays and problems and it was one of the main reasons that caused so much hate against them. They apologized for it, but too late. And it also seems like some antis added fuel to the fire and made things worse.

I wouldn't have to dip into that drama if I hadn't preordered the books. Now I don't even know when and what I'll receive. There are lots of issues with delivery too. I don't know if my order is properly processed.

This post on Reddit explains it in more detail if you're curious.

I thought that it's really nice that some country licensed the translation and I preordered the books because I wanted to support that. Apparently it only made things worse.

Last edited:
Dang that sounds like one hell of a headache. There seems to be lot of conflicts surrounding it 😬 almost remind me of Xiao Zhan’s “”scandal”” and the fandom’s role in it

Yes, pretty much. I'm sad the fandom turned out to be so toxic.
Not like I didn't know it was, especially in the light of Xiao Zhan controversy and various character antis on twitter and AO3. Which shows that toxicity has no nationality and language barriers. But still. I should stop believing in the good in people.

A lot of drama.
Books delayed, not all extras are included, some content not included due to censorship, some bonuses are not the same as were advertised originally.
Part of that is blamed on the fact that in the beginning of the project some fans contacted Chinese publishers demanding to show proof that they really licensed the translation and somehow offended Chinese side so after that they didn't license two extras (those extras that are missing now) and didn't let through some suggestions like more illustrations etc.
But the Russian publisher didn't notify people who crowdfunded the project that there were changes in content. They say it was because of NDA and they were afraid that fans will assault Chinese publishers again and do more harm than good. But nonetheless it caused a lot of hate against them and books release. A lot of people are asking for refunds or want to re-sell the books because they don't want them with not full content.

Now that publisher said they will never license TGCF and SVSSS or any other MXTX works. Might look into other Chinese novels but are very reluctant to do this after what happened, their reputation in China is already damaged, it seems.

The publisher really messed up big time on many things, they didn't notify users at all about delays and problems and it was one of the main reasons that caused so much hate against them. They apologized for it, but too late. And it also seems like some antis added fuel to the fire and made things worse.

I wouldn't have to dip into that drama if I hadn't preordered the books. Now I don't even know when and what I'll receive. There are lots of issues with delivery too. I don't know if my order is properly processed.

This post on Reddit explains it in more detail if you're curious.

I thought that it's really nice that some country licensed the translation and I preordered the books because I wanted to support that. Apparently it only made things worse.

Ohhh holy crap. Why do fans have to ruin good things? D:

So cute. :3 Does the corporation give all these guys cute cats to pose with on social media? Because I feel like a) the cats are always insanely cute and b) they all have a cat and it feels contrived. XD Not that I'm complaining. Everyone needs cute boys with cute cats sometimes.

Buahaha i think a few other cast members have pets and shown them off on socials too. It definitely feels like an agenda xD

I remember either Xiao Zhan or Yibo saying they would like to have a dog but they weren't home enough to give it attention it needs so they got a cat instead.

Awww ;__; But I can understand that, I'm not getting a dog for the same reason.

Reopening this discussion again with a random question. If you could choose one character to go back in time, who would you choose? What might they do?

hhmm WWX to reciprocate LWJ's feelings earlier, so many deaths would have been avoided then lol
or JGY, forgetting Jin sect and joining Lan and actually being happy with LXC

x) simple and straight to the point. Depending on the point of return, I suppose the Wen remnants problem and Jin Guangshan would still be there to make life complicated, but at least Wwx wouldn’t have to deal with them on his own anymore.

JGY having realized he doesn’t need validation from his dad anymore: bye bitch. Ngl I didn’t use to like JGY but you guys changed my mind lol

If you're talking about like... you yourself going into the novel and straight up being the divine intervention for a character, ill say I would "go back in time" and save JGY from his shitty childhood. I don't care how, but have Meng Shi set up with a job that pays well, where she doesn't have to be in such an awful environment with child!JGY. And they'll live modestly in Yunping. Oh, and if JGS so much as steps anywhere near JGY, I'll bitch slap him so hard, his desendants will continue to feel it 40 years down the line lmao.

x) simple and straight to the point. Depending on the point of return, I suppose the Wen remnants problem and Jin Guangshan would still be there to make life complicated, but at least Wwx wouldn’t have to deal with them on his own anymore.
yes, I agree XD

Ngl I didn’t use to like JGY but you guys changed my mind lol
sorry not sorry XD

If you're talking about like... you yourself going into the novel and straight up being the divine intervention for a character, ill say I would "go back in time" and save JGY from his shitty childhood. I don't care how, but have Meng Shi set up with a job that pays well, where she doesn't have to be in such an awful environment with child!JGY. And they'll live modestly in Yunping. Oh, and if JGS so much as steps anywhere near JGY, I'll bitch slap him so hard, his desendants will continue to feel it 40 years down the line lmao.

Damn right 😂😂 I like to think that Meng Shi could’ve done really well for herself if she had the opportunity to. JGS better stay away ( ತ,_ತ)

Self insert scum villain style 😂

self insert into LQR, be more supportive to my nephews. Buy out Meng Shi, accept JGY into Lan sect...

Soot Soot
Meng Shi was nothing but smart from what little we know of her. She made JGY learn how to read and write, tried to get him books on cultivation, and JGS has mentioned that the fact that he never bought her freedom was because he didn't like women that "have read a few books" because they were problematic aka, wouldn't deal with his nasty ass on the long term lmao

Chapter 105:
AnXin grinned, “Xiao-Meng, are you still learning those things lately?”

Meng Yao paused, “Which things?”

AnXin, “The things your mom wants you to learn, things like calligraphy, etiquette, swordsmanship, meditation… How are those things going?”

Before she even finished, the clients began to chuckle as if they found something to be funny. AnXin turned around, “Don’t laugh, I’m telling the truth here. His mom’s raising him as a young master of a wealthy family. She taught him how to read and write, bought him all those swordsmanship pamphlets, and even wants to send him to school.”

The client exclaimed, “Send him to school? Did I hear wrong?”

AnXin, “No! Xiao-Meng, tell these young masters. You’ve gone to the library before, haven’t you?”

The client, “Is he still going?”

AnXian, “Nah, he came back just a few days later. He wouldn’t go again no matter what. Xiao-Meng, do you not like studying or do you not like the place?”

Meng Yao didn’t say anything. AnXin giggled, poking a finger painted bright red at Meng Yao’s forehead, “Little one, you angry?”

Like, she did that. Even though the other prostitutes made fun of her and JGY for it. She did her best with the circumstances they were forced into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back