TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

Fairy is cute, you can't convince me otherwise XD And to WWX any dog would look angry, even when it's sleeping lol

Random fan fact, the author made Fairy a husky but later found out that huskies are not as smart as she thought. So she was like "It's a MAGIC husky which is smarter than normal"

Random fan fact, the author made Fairy a husky but later found out that huskies are not as smart as she thought. So she was like "It's a MAGIC husky which is smarter than normal"

Wasn't it magic because it could smell spiritual beings?

Also ... it's really not necessary to do things like that. If it's a smart husky, it's a smart husky. It's not so much out of the ballpark of reality that she needs to say it's magic just because it's smart. XD

Well, it's a magic husky from every point of view.

Maybe she was taken off-guard by the question at the interview, I don't know. No one expects realism that much in a fantasy story.

Well, it's a magic husky from every point of view.

Maybe she was taken off-guard by the question at the interview, I don't know. No one expects realism that much in a fantasy story.

I had a friend who would write like that. Either she would ignore something really basic that made no sense and then be like "BECAUSE I WANT IT THAT WAY" or she would give really convoluted explanations to excuse getting something wrong and then needing to write around it when literally no one would notice the thing was wrong in the first place. XD

Fairy is cute and smart and fluffy and I demand in any fanfic/roleplay taking place in future MDZS world that Fairy has babies and that my character gets one. XD

Well, she also said xiyao are just friends and she needs to improve her writing if people think they're more XD

Fairy is cute and smart and fluffy and I demand in any fanfic/roleplay taking place in future MDZS world that Fairy has babies and that my character gets one. XD
awwwwwww ^^ yes I approve.

I had a friend who would write like that. Either she would ignore something really basic that made no sense and then be like "BECAUSE I WANT IT THAT WAY" or she would give really convoluted explanations to excuse getting something wrong and then needing to write around it when literally no one would notice the thing was wrong in the first place. XD

I feel very attacked right now because same lol.
But anyway, I dont see the issue in using the idea of magic to explain why Fairy is so smart. It's already established that he's a spiritual dog lol.

Well, she also said xiyao are just friends and she needs to improve her writing if people think they're more XD
Even if i wasn't into this ship, I can't help but really call bullshit on this xD. I've already explained to you why though lmfao.

I feel very attacked right now because same lol.
But anyway, I dont see the issue in using the idea of magic to explain why Fairy is so smart. It's already established that he's a spiritual dog lol.

Even if i wasn't into this ship, I can't help but really call bullshit on this xD. I've already explained to you why though lmfao.

Yeah they are totally not just friends XD the fact that he goes into seclusion to be Sad just confirms it even more. Xiyao is fact. XD

Yeah they are totally not just friends XD the fact that he goes into seclusion to be Sad just confirms it even more. Xiyao is fact. XD

If anything, the only actual bromance in this entire show is xiyao. Censorship can try to convince us all that Wangxian were only just bros (lmfaoooo) or "very good friends" but nah, they were romantic, not broman(tic? o_o). Xiyao, on the other hand, well. You can't tell me that they weren't bros of the highest degree. I wrote Onmyoji a whole damn paragraph about this xDD (I'm too lazy to retype). Like, I mean. Xiyao is definitely fact. No one can convince me otherwise:
Bromance indeed lol. I wish there was a specific word for different types of ships. Because "ship" always makes people think it's a romantic physical type of thing. But for me, Xiyao is really a ship that is the definition of bromance. The fondness of brotherhood between two people. People joke about the whole bromance thing but calling something that isn't necessarily a bad thing (although in wangxian's case, I'll say that it was annoying because those two have a romance, not a bromance!) because you can have a person that you consider to basically be your brother or sister without being related. You can have that deep connection with someone that sees you without it being romantic or physical. If that makes sense? Human relationships are complex with a variety of different layers so I don't really like putting them into tight, small boxes. Xiyao is no different. Lol I'll say that their "brotherhood" is as layered as a goddamn onion.

I even remember that conversation XD

I even remember that conversation XD
xDDD we talk too much about mdzs I swear to god, MXTX sucked all of our souls and slapped it into this brilliant universe of characters haha

I love bromances as a thing. I really love them. More than romances a lot of the time. Almost all of my favourite RPs were bromance heavy. X3

If xiyao were romantic or physical or not it doesn't really matter. They had something special whatever it was. :D

Reid Reid just want to let you know that I never really like Jin Guangyao, but because of you I’ve started like, writing bits about him and so this is all your fault. You’re making me like this onion damn it!

And yes, the bromance is real. Idk about novel verse but in CQL, the looking is pretty -intense- 😂😂

I love bromances as a thing. I really love them. More than romances a lot of the time. Almost all of my favourite RPs were bromance heavy. X3

If xiyao were romantic or physical or not it doesn't really matter. They had something special whatever it was. :D

if only jgy hadn't fucked it up ;__; like, my guy, someone really did care about you. and it wasn't daddy trashbag !!

Reid Reid just want to let you know that I never really like Jin Guangyao, but because of you I’ve started like, writing bits about him and so this is all your fault. You’re making me like this onion damn it!

And yes, the bromance is real. Idk about novel verse but in CQL, the looking is pretty -intense- 😂😂

hehehe my guangyao agenda is working! xDD
4997c6f6f1490190c1fe82ef56a9a339.jpg

but yeah, I understand your sentiment. I actually kinda disliked him at first but now look at me, clowning around lol

In the novel, it's not as... highkey. Considering we get everything from WWX's perspective, we only get bits and pieces but it is somewhat there. From the way LXC reacts to the news of JGY being the one to steal the evil Japanese music from the Forbidden Library to the way those two speak to each other in the temple, to the fact that Xichen literally went into seclusion afterwards. Lots of tiny details that kinda show that xiyao is a thing in the book too but not as prominent in the show. I think this is largely due to the difference in mediums that we're working with here. The book is from WWX's perspective, so anything that happens outside of this is filtered through WWX's own thoughts and biases. In the show, this isn't the case. We get the events shown to us through a sort of "spectator's lens" I suppose. If that makes sense? So showrunners were able to smush some more xiyao stuff in there lol.

hehehe my guangyao agenda is working! xDD
Your certificate is well deserved XDD

In the novel it's still a thing, yes. Just less focus on it but you can still pick up the idea from those little bits of info you get XD

Reid Reid totally get it about novel low-key and show being high-key. I didn’t expect it when I was rewatching the show haha. Like back when I didn’t like JGY I knew about the differences between novel and show already, if only because fics tend to follow canon more (due to novel being released earlier/source material). I know the show runners made JGY the party behind a lot of WWX’s trouble too, even though that wasn’t in the novel. But lol I can talk about LXC all day. I mean, to his POV, he basically killed two of his sworn brothers, didn’t he? The piece of music comes from the Lan’s library, and then he stabbed JGY (I believe) in the end. He’s under a lot of stress for many reasons. He probably grew a handful of white hairs just from that alone TT TT.

Your certificate is well deserved XDD
buahaha indeed it is!

Soot Soot Yeah they piled a lot on his plate. One thing I didn't like was that they didn't include the Empathy scene where WWX sees a teenage JGY being bullied by the prostitutes where he grew up in. But maybe showing that would have tripped off the censors? I dunno (I mean, they literally showed the scene where his dad was being screwed to death by prostitutes so I'm like ??? I don't understand chinese censorship sometimes lol

I feel so bad for LXC. He's one of the characters that got fucked real bad. While Wangxian is galloping off into the sunset, he's just sitting there in seclusion literally spiralling into depression... I mean...
I'll imagine that he's gonna have nightmares for the next few years that he had a hand in one bro's death, then directly in the other's. NHS really did him dirty by using him as the weapon of revenge in that moment..

Being screwed to death by prostitutes ☑
A gay kiss ❌

lol right. Makes no sense to me lol. Gosh that scene never fails to make me super uncomfortable. ;__;

Reid Reid according to my sister, it may have something to do with the “goodness” of the protagonist. Like WWX can’t be as grey as the novel, so the producers can’t make JGY too grey/ambiguous either. It means cutting out parts that we might have sympathized with. And the prostitute scene “enhances” his evilness, so I guess that passes through? Censorship can pretty odd though, I’ll say that.

Tis why I love me some post canon LXC leaving seclusion hurt/comfort (and if there’s a side dish of Xicheng, I wouldn’t mind)

Soot Soot oh I know. And it hurts me because dude already had enough bad actions in canon. ;__; show's just adding more. But lmao my first intro to MDZS was CQL so... They kinda failed in making me think he's entirely evil. Then I read the book and I was like hey wait a minute >:[

I need more Xichen hurt/comfort fics leaving seclusion lmfao. RP is just angst all around, and I wrote a oneshot with angst too. For the life of me, I say I'll do fluff but then it turns into angst. Xichen deserves better xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back