• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Legacy of the Twilight Prophet

When the book began to sass her, eias sat back up. She was astonished the book even had enough cognitive thought for something like that. As her jaw lowered more and more, she understood the wording better. The clarification between holding the fate of everyone in her hands and growing to do so was much different. nodding her head at the book, she rested a little easier... That was till the book decided to take a jab at her friend. She was confused at first as to what the book was talking about. Once she processed the face and tone of the book, her emotion changed to full blown annoyance. She stared at the figure a little longer before shutting the book in a quick snap.
"Question my judgment my ass..." She said in a grumpy tone. Why did everyone have to attack Aeris so?

Haalani looked at the ever darkening expression of Eias. She was curious how easily was the girl angered by talking about Aeris... and the illusion did not understand the reason. Normally the Muse would have understood her worry... she genuinely expected Eias to come up with an explanation... unless...
Right before her pages were slammed shut Haalani had the sudden realization and the error she had made. Content with her decision she allowed the magic of her "body" to seal her away. Shortly after Eias has closed the book the powers within it returned to dormant, still pulsating with anticipation but not intrusively as before. The emerald time-freezing state of the room ceased to exist, returning the flow of time to its normal state. Soon enough Aeris herself became unfrozen and she shook her head, as if she was waking from a dream. Her towel around her body loosened, allowing small parts of her slender figure to be visible.

"Huh, that was weird. Like a strange illusion caught my attention briefly." she muttered, looking up, seeing Eias angry "Uh... I did not think that bringing the book here would make you this mad... if you don't want to open it it is fine with me, we can... do something else. Like enjoying each other's company?"
She blushed.
"Only... if you want to of course. Our time is almost up and we will need to dress in an hour or two at maximum."

Eias turned to the girl who was loosely showing more skin. "It's... it's not that I hate the book. It's just something I got out of it..." she said looking into her eyes. "I'm sorry but I don't think you will be able to read it. Time kinda froze for a minute. Even though I learned a decent amount, there wasn't anything too ground breaking." She sighed and fell to the head rest of the bed. She wondered just what was up with aeris that got everyone uncomfortable but her.
"Everyone keeps saying there is something about you. Something that I just can't understand. They look upon you with cruel eyes with no explanation... even the book. I'm just tired of it all. I may pick the book up again but not now. I need a break." She said, stretching her arms and giving a yawn. She curled her arm over Aeris and forced her down to cuddle. "Even if people see you so, they are terribly wrong. All I see is a beautiful girl here in my arms." She announced as she pecked her on the head. "Got any ideas on what to do for our last moments of freedom?"

Aeris was a little bit surprised to learn that Eias actually did read the book - for her it was as if not a single moment had passed but apparently whatever was happening the book seemed to keep it safe from her and revealed its secrets to the Muse alone. Not having this interaction before when she was studying it it baffled Aeris a little bit... but did not decide to bring it up just now.

Embraced by Eias she let herself being dragged down on the bed. When her friend mentioned the contempt she was treated by everyone she chuckled.
"Hehe... well I look like the typical bad guy though, no? Ebony black hair, glowing red eyes, threatening posture... no wonder I am not the one with good first impressions."
She sighed.
"It is fine, Eias. I was used to that way before we have met. People did talk to me and intermingled with me when it was needed and that was pretty much the end of those tenuous relationships. I was wondering about what was going on earlier too but... I really can not explain the ire of others. The only ones who did not care for who I was were the two twins in the mountain journey and Lord Latosius... for some reason they actually... seem friendly towards me. I'll be damned if I know why."

She slowly let Eias go, her hands now on the sheets of the bed as she raised her gaze to the fake heavens. The morning sky imitating magic was in full swing, the rising sun depicted on it with unerring accuracy. She wondered whether she herself believed that she was fine with all this... whether she was happy as things were. The answer was... unnerving at best for she had no idea about how to feel in this case.
"You know..." she began, her gaze still fixated on the ceiling "Back in Magnolia before the corset incident had happened I actually remember asking you out to go for a... 'date' as you called it. It was a delightful experience aside from those rather strange events... so I thought to keep my promise. However..."
She turned to Eias.
"You have taught me about emotions and I have learned a lot. Still, that unnerving feeling lurks within me every since then: it hurts me that I can not fully reciprocate everything you feel... that I am unable to comprehend whatever you are going through. So this is what I wish to do: while we are still uninhibited by the facade of the nobles..."
She sneaked closer to the girl.
"I wish to learn more, Eias. I feel I am on the cusp of understanding everything... so many shackles had fallen... this one last binds me and it burns. I want to... I want to..."
She closed her eyes, blushing.
"I want to be worthy of your feelings. No matter what the price is."

Eias frowned at the explanation from Aeris. She was lead to believe she looked like a villain of sorts. That wasn't true in the slightest. She saw the beauty and grace that she held and that only made her fume more when thinking people didn't like her. She felt it ran deeper than that but perhaps it really was everyone being shallow. As she was let go, her gaze followed the crimson eyed girl. At the mention of the date, she wondered what the girl was getting at. It was such a strange transition. The talk of shackles and binds falling off was an interesting thought but she was sure she had seen them before. Somewhere in a dream she was invading for the sake of Aeris. When worthiness came up, she was unsure of how to go about that.

"Well, I think you are pretty worth. You seem to have all my feelings. Doesn't that show you you are?... Or, do you want to feel worthy yourself? You want to gain that finally missing piece of the puzzle. If that is the case, I will help. I am unsure what I can still do but if it well help you understand yourself, then I will do it." She got up from the bed as well, throwing the sheets off of her in full view.

Aeris nodded.
"You are indeed correct that I wish to feel what you do, to properly reciprocate the feelings." she said, sighing "I feel that you are left cheated out because of my ineptitude to grasp these simple emotions. I just wish to somehow... be an equal partner..."
When Eias offered to help she smiled... and that smile was laced with a blush when she saw Eias slowly undressing from the sheets binding her. She felt happy and intrigued by the girl's willingness and dedication to help, no, she felt outright honored. As she talked about the puzzle Aeris suddenly remembered something...

"I... think there would be a way. Possibly." she murmured as she looked at Eias with a mesmerized look "When the first time I felt bonds of restrictive shackles falling away we... somehow entered my mind, I think. Subconsciously touching, connecting each other with a kiss. The longer we held it the deeper down the rabbit hole we went and eventually we ended up in that strange place..."
She closed her eyes and shook her head.
"No... it is way too dangerous." she sighed "The last time we did it our bodies nearly passed out from the delight and... the lack of air. We did not let the kissing stop for minutes I believe and... it is... too risky I fear."
She looked up the beauty that was Eias.
"I said I am willing to go for any lengths..." she said, leaning closer to her, giving her a kiss on the forehead "But risking you is not something I am willing to do. Those days of recklessness are long gone for me... ever since we have met I began treasuring life more than risks. I was very careless and volatile in the past, wishing nothing but success - and to an extent I still retain this mentality. The difference is... that I have learnt how to have limits to stop at, how to have a end distance I was willing to go to."

She sighed.
"I may be overprotective, I know. I probably really am. But never in my life had I felt in a way towards you... and this feeling... compels me to reign in my feelings, my ambitions."
She pulled the girl close to her barely covered, soft skin, once again leaning close so that Eias could hear Aeris' heart beating - very rapidly.
"You hear that?" she whispered "It... it is racing even at the thought of anything happening to you."
She just clutched Eias closer, hugging her tightly. Moments later warm, salty tears began cascading down to Eias' bare shoulders and her hug tightened. She knew not how to otherwise express herself or her thoughts, she knew not how to utter the words of charm to her Muse friend... the only indication of affectionate emotions was the gently caressing flames that now began manifesting around the girls. The emotional fluctuation of Aeris birthed gentle, caressing flames which now hugged the girls as much as Aeris did. Right now, in their last moments of freedom she wanted nothing more than just be and be together... for she knew the girl with her had changed her life forever.

And that the bond between them... was stronger than she could ever have imagined.

As Aeris brought up the dual dream, eias tilted her head. It was a little static in her memory from it. She knew it was true, she just couldn't piece it all together. She saw how her crush reacted. From blush to denial, she wasn't sure how to pitch her idea. Before anything, it was too late. Aries mind was set and there would be no kissing to enter the dreams. Perhaps there was another way. Someway to keep them from practically killing themselves in that manner.

"I understand. If that is your wish, I will abide by it. We will find a way to do it though. We will get into that dream area and I will break this finally chain. We just need to find the right way. Kissing can't really be the only gateway." She said as she embraced the hug. She closed her eyes, not thinking of the magic slowly fading. They were in some sort of stasis as they hugged, keeping their freedom just a little longer. Enough for them to enjoy the time.

The moment of respite was slowly fading. Aeris knew that the happy moment they had now and cherished will live on in their memories but she also knew that their time was soon to come. Grasping Eias a bit closer at hearing her comforting words she nodded. They will certainly have another way of settling the score... somehow to free the shackled spirit.
"We will endure, Eias. Thanks to you too." she smiled, letting her go. She gently touched her cheek with her hand and nodded "We will see this thing through. We will win the Chess Event, get an audience with the Dutchess and we shall be one step closer to our goal. We will not relent until we see this through, I swear!"

A gentle hum began emanating from the other end of the room as a silent whistle began to blow. Aeris immediately knew what this one can be: it was the warning sign of the Life Winder, signaling that its absorbed energies are almost expended, returned to their clothes. Aeris paused and sighed. She knew she had to say something to Eias to encourage her and ease her into the thought of wearing the beautiful but restrictive attire.
"Every moment you keep in that feminine dress is a moment adored by many." she said, smiling "You are as elegant and as beautiful as the rising sun and the radiant dawn... despite all the hardships you face you bring hope to many, even me."
She nodded.
"Worry not, Eias. I will never allow a corset to overwhelm you any more. I will be here to help."
At least, that is what she hoped deep down.

Eias silently nodded with aeris' words. She believed in her fully and knew that when it really meant something, she wouldn't let her suffer. She clung her fingers into aeris as she listed off the events that would come. Things that would happen and that they would not allow to get out of their grasp. Yet, the visions faded as the violent humming came to her ears. She saw the life winder giving off a signal that she easily pieced together. It was time to return to the clothing...

She squeezed aeris once more before they let go of each other. Slowly, she walked to her clothing. Holding it in front of her, she wondered what would happen should she leave it off of herself. What was the worse that could happen? As those thoughts entered her mind, aeris' words did so as wells she blushed and gave a light smile. She knew she would return, but the encouraging words gave her strength.
"Thank you." She said under her breath as she donned the clothing again.

Aeris smiled as she watched Eias approaching then putting on her clothes and thus she followed in suite. She felt the clothes almost welcoming her back as she touched the fabric gently, the restrictive, fashionable clothes almost latching to her with passion. She found it weird that such inanimate objects were behaving in a strange way but she smiled: somehow even the suffocating corset felt natural and nice on her. It was as if she had regained a part of herself...
Or just the power which surged back into her. She did not actually notice the vanishing energies at first but now that she re-equipped her gear she definitely felt the primal, untamed energies of the ley-line coursing through her. Once more she felt powerful... and confident.

Glancing over to Eias she saw that the girl was faring quite well as well. She walked up near to her cherished friend and patted her shoulders with her gloved hands, massaging her just a little bit.
"You look breathtaking, Eias. Literally." she chuckled "I can help you tie your corset properly, my dear... after all there is something I did not mention to you as I wanted to keep it a surprise."
She smiled.
"When Lord Latosius came after us he urged me to join you on a... family dinner tonight. Together with Eon we are to visit the exquisite halls of the palace where we will dine with the other competitors - though they will be in different rooms. According to some old Ca-Elumian custom the rivals must dine separately to contain their ire and spirit - and only later must they meet. But their presence is requested for their spirits are rumored to actually... permeate the air. Not entirely sure what that means but yeah..."
She tried to fix her own corset.
"Uh... I think I will definitely need your aid if I want to look good." she sighed "I always wore my corset at maximum capacity for the aura but I can not tie it myself to that extent. Please if you can... and ignore my protests of gasping air, all right?"

Eias grimaced as the dress welcomed her back. The fabric wrapping to her and instantly sending the raw magic around her. She felt the restrictive breathing instintaniously come to her once it was all on. She knew the last bit was teing the corset to fit better. As her friend came up, she nodded revealing her back to the girl. She would allow her to work it as Eias blushed from the slight complement.
She didn't know how long she would have to be in the clothing again. She just hopped they would get somewhere with all these events.

As the mention of a dinner came up, eias soon found herself to be hungry. If there was one thing to get her fired up, it was good.
"That will definitely be something for sure. I can't imagine the tension that would be in the air. I will accompany you either way." She said with a small smirk. Once aeris brought up tightening her own laces, eias became more reserved. She didn't want to hurt her friend. Yet... she wanted it. She wanted to be as boosted as possible.
"I... I will do my best to do it." She said as she turned to get aeris' laces. They were well hidde due to her dressing as a male. It only made it harder to tighten as the time would go to on. But she would tug till there was nothing else to tug.

Aeris felt Eias getting behind her and took a deep breath - as deep as she could - to brace herself. She knew all too well what was coming and though she trusted Eias to be as gentle as possible she knew the inevitable was coming. To make her mind to be at ease and to continue informing the girl about tonight she began talking again.
"As you might imagine this night will be a test as well, as most things are here among the nobles." she said quietly "They wish to measure your strength, your fortitude before the event. Lord Latosius informed me that Lady Blaemaux had received commendations from our downtown friends and from Meryl alike, bearing the news of our deeds which compelled her to fully embrace us into nobility. Through Lady Blaemaux we are now full-fledged nobles... but that also bears various burdens we need to obey: namely the Balance of Power."

She paused for a moment, taking a deep breath again. She felt that the clothing was doing its work but shook her head and continued.
"Well everything has a fancy name in this country but honestly the concept of this thing is pretty simple. As always, dominance and power is shown through how beautiful/stern someone is, something that is enhanced by the corset of course. The balance refers to how it is distributed between the pair that appears in three different tiers: if the two nobles have their corsets on loose standards they will be... not that well received. If one of the pair wears it at maximum capacity then they will be accepted but not favored... and if both of them wear it at maximum power they will be graced by the higher standing nobles and everyone else. Simple, yet a bit painful."
She sighed.
"The first caste is obviously not acceptable, I will not allow something like that to hinder our progress. However... I do not know how much have you recovered from the previous ordeal and how much can you endure... So I do not know whether I can ask you to wear it as tightly as it is supposed by the highest class. That choice is yours."
She gulped then looked back.
"Regardless of your choice, Eias, I want you to push mine to the absolute limits. Tug it as hard as you humanly can... don't care about the peeping or anything else, focus on the goal. I... will be fine, I swear."
So she hoped.

As eias began tying the corset up, she hummed to herself while doing so. It reminded her of working pig tales on to her younger sibilings hair. It wasn't till Aeris spoke up did she hush herself. She listened to the new information. To be honest with herself, she knew this dinner would be a test as well. Everything, every noble did, was a test. It was a test between everyone and it would only come down to those willing to sacrifice their own well being. This balance of power concept was an example. For those to allow themselves pain, they would be revered. Their reasoning for this coming about was unknown to her but she knew what they looked for at least.

She allowed the laces to droop a little as she no longer was tugging. She thought to herself deeply on what to do. There were so little options at this point. Everything was leading down a road now. One they chose to follow. With a light sigh, she grabbed the laces with a strong grip. "I think I can manage it for a while." She said carefully as she tugged on the laces. She would do as Aeris said. She would make it as tight as possible for her.

Aeris nodded as she felt the hands beginning their first move. Eias' grip was firm and asserting, something she was thankful for for a shaky hand could do more damage that be of use. She felt her waist becoming gradually thinner but she stood her ground. Every passing moment made her head light as she let out painful gasps and occasionally whiny sounds. She could not help and stay silent, no matter how many times this ritual had happened to her it was painful. She heard out the words of Eias, seemingly accepting the heavy burden that was soon to be hers and Aeris could not but let out a sigh of relief and worry - she was anxious about her friend... but she could not deny but admire her bravery.
"The history of Ca-Elum is a turbulent one, laced with betrayal, suffering and tragedies." she murmured, her words being audible but her voice faltering as Eias continued "I think the pain and endurance they wish to see from others serves as a mirror to them. Losing their capital, their monarchy, they falling into dark anguish... these all made them aware of their lives. Tinkering being their job and power they decided, probably, to channel their energies into... such games like this."

She had to stop for a moment as her lungs were hungry for air. Gently, her hand was placed at where her heart was, feeling the life-sustaining organ beating harder as it worked relentlessly to supply her with air. When she felt that she was stable enough she continued.
"No wonder the Duchess is revered by so many here if not by everyone." she managed as Eias continued her gruesome work "She was an example to all in dark times and assumed leadership when the monarchy fell apart. She guided her people to safety and to relative stability. According to Lord Latosius the people shifted towards a matriarchal society because of her and because how much they loved and still continue to love her. She never boasts about this... nor about anything else..."
She managed to let out a weak chuckle. Her legs began to tremble as she felt the world spinning with the corset tightening.
"You know... I kind of understand now... why... this corset... is so good... for so many..." she panted "It... makes you value... freedom... like never before. The... hours we spent... without them... made me realize... just how privileged... we are to... to have moments of freedom... like those."
She coughed weakly.
"These... really... open your eyes to... to... to..."
The moment Eias paused Aeris fell to one knee, coughing and gasping for air. They were not yet finished but her body already struggled and screamed out for mercy. Yet she knew exactly that pushing on is what must they do. Not having the strength to lift her head or to stand up for now she nodded.
"W-worry not... I am fine..." she muttered "Y-you must... finish it, Eias. It... it is not yet done... We... we need it... to be at... the maximum still..."

Eias heard every word from Aeris even though the words faltered here and there. There was something about the outlook she was given that made her wonder if that truly was the reasoning behind all these pointless games and pains. They were all just hurting to return back to normal. To return to the home they are unable to at the moment. Surly all the strange, vile deeds were just sprung up due to the current circumstance. She hopped at the bottom of her heart they would fix the problem with this strange muse artifact. "that is most definitely a reason to do such things. I just hope it doesn't stick with them once we fix the problem..." She said as she continued to lace the corset. She slowed down as Aeris was visibly trying to intake air. It wouldn't do her any good not getting any. Passing out at a time like this would be terrible.

Eias smiled softly at the next round of speeches. She never thought of it that way. Freedom was something everyone took for granted. Eias always assumed everyone had it. She was terribly wrong. "That is... really insightful Aeris. You are definitely a philosopher at the moment." she chuckled. that was soon cut off as her Crimson eyed crush fell to the floor. She dropped the strings and came to her side as she saw how weak the girl seemed. She couldn't even lift her head from the problem.
"Alright... I will continue after you catch your breath..." She stated unhappily. She waited till the girl was visibly ready for the last leg of the tightening. A movement of the head or regular breathing patterns. It didn't matter as long as the girl could function.

It took her long, agonizing moments to actually regain her composure. She knew that this was only the initial effect and that it would wear off but still Aeris could not stave off the feeling that she was crushed alive. Despite the words of Eias she knew she had to gather the strength to push on - so she did just that. Conquering the momentary panic that overtook her she slowed her breathing - as much as she could - and began gaining focus. Her heart erratically beat as it tried desperately to pump the required amount of blood in vain but she knew this was not something that could deter her. She had to be strong: for Eon, for Meryl, for Eias... and for herself.

"I... feel... all right." she lied, forcing herself to stand up. Her legs were shaky at best and her posture was weak but she stood proudly, glancing at Eias. Though pain was the order of the day she had not shown it in her looks: she was stalwart, vigilant and very grateful for Eias.
"I... want to... thank you... once again..." she began, speaking slowly as to get used to her clothes again "Even in... the face of danger... the face of horrors and pain... you remained at my side... helped me... I... will forever be grateful..."
She tried to walk up to her but she almost slipped.
"Magnolia, Ca-Elum... even spirits... respect and adore you... for who you are... what what you can do... you are a paragon, Eias... do not forget that..."
She touched her chest.
"I would certainly... not be able to do this... without you... Together... we shall do... what these people could not..."
She walked up to her, a bit sideways, looking at the door, presenting an opportunity for Eias to do the deed.
"Put on... the finishing touches... my dear... We are... going to... a feast soon..."

Eias watched as the girl began to regain control of herself. The girl seemed to push herself to the very limit. There was no telling the repercussions for such acts. She bowed her head at the words that came to her. She still didn't believe she should be put on such a pedestal of adornment, yet, here she was.
"Thank you." She said shyly as she watched Aeris weakly walk up to her. With a huff, Eias took the laces once more. She would do it quick and efficient now. There would be no stopping. As much as she hated hurting the girl, she too would have her share in the pain. She was next after all. This game the nobles played was strange... but a game none the less. If Aeris could do it, she could too.

Grabbing the laces tightly, her hands went white with force. She yanked back hard on them both making sure she got the full length she could out of them. Quickly, she placed them through the holes to keep the strain on them.
"Just keep breathing. It's almost over.." She said as she began tying the knot for the corset.
With shaky hands, she finished the knot and stepped back for a moment. She was prepared to catch the girl.

"R-right..." Aeris managed to smile, bracing herself to what was to come. Surely enough the strength of Eias' grip was rather strong yet gentle at the same time. The pull the girl did sent an incredible pain down on Aeris' spine, one which compelled her to let out a gurgling, painful gasp. The rush of pain subsided the moment it appeared and at that very moment Aeris wanted nothing more than to collapse and pass out. She didn't even notice the last few tugs Eias had done, as her vision blurred... and her balance wavered.

As strong as she was even Aeris had to succumb the limitations of her body. The fact that she could use her corset on maximum capacity for so long was due to the borrowed time she had through the excess magic. Now that the spell was drained and she actually had to endure everything herself made it so that she was rather... dizzy after finally donning her clothes in their full glory. Beautiful and stern they made her look, yes, but the price was quite substantial this time.
"My head... is... spinning... my lungs... they are... empty..."
That was all that she could muster as her legs were crying out for rest. She noticed Eias getting into a posture of grabbing her should she fall... and now she really felt that it was a good idea. Turning around to face the girl was already an incredibly taxing task, smiling at her was perhaps something even more so. But she could not succumb or fall... she needed to keep her composure and stand proud even if her heart and body ached so much that she wanted to scream. Amidst the incredible torture she remained seemingly calm, smiling at her friend.

"T-thank you. I... I feel... pretty now..." she managed, her voice barely louder than a whisper. A thought crossed her mind that she would bow before her friend but she quickly dismissed it as her body protested vehemently. Instead, she slowly - very slowly - walked up to Eias and caressed her gently. Her hands intended to hold her firmly but in reality they were trembling... yet she held her regardless.
"You... are amazing... Eias..." she managed to whisper, her voice fading a bit as air became scarce. She... did not want to faint... she had to stay strong to show Eias that she could count on her! She... had to push through!
"Even now... as I teeter... upon the brink of fading... even now you are... the one I draw power from. From your... grace... beauty... resolve... they... all give me... the will... to continue..."
She leaned closer. Her eyes gleaming in a feverish light as her body heaved against the corset desperately.
"May... may I... steal your breath... for a moment?" she chuckled, whispering it as she got closer "I need... but that... to push on..."

As much as she wished Aeris would just collapse already, she didn't get her wish. She kept pushing through even though her body was trembling. It was obvious by the posture and stiff movements that she was having a hard time. Eias wasn't sure how the girl kept it up for so long before, but she hoped she would keep it up now. Still, she made sure to be prepared for a catch should Aeris need it.
What did surprise her was the fact the girl walked right up to her. Getting grabbed gently, she felt the quivering of her arms. However this would play out, she wanted no permanent repercussions.
"I am always here for you." She said taking the embrace. "Just tell me should you need it loosened. I would rather not have a fainted friend at a dinner party." She chuckled. Once she was asked for a kiss, Eias nodded. Leaning in for one she puckered her lips. Gently, she allowed Aeris to steal the breath. After a few moments, Eias came to.
"I... I suppose it will be my turn shorty." she said disheartened.

The kiss which was generously offered by Eias was a breath of fresh air for Aeris - literally. She paid attention not to latch onto the lips of her friend as she embraced her weakly, the heavenly moment actually making her resolve and a bit of her strength to return. She felt the energy granted by Eias' grace to course through her weary body, allowing her to resist the cruel power of her clothes. She gently parted from the lips of her ally and smiled at her with a weary look. But soon enough the voice of Eias sounded and her joy flew away.

"I... know how weary this thing is on your mind." she said quietly, a very tiny portion of her power returning to sustain her to at least talk in a cool, continuous manner "I understand that you dread the fact that you must also succumb to the corset... yet there is nothing we can do about it just now. Their traditions bind us and we must obey... even if it is not the most pleasant of feelings we will have."
She paused.
"However... aside from the little walk we may take among the nobles in the afternoon there is no need to strain yourself with the corset just yet. I wanted mine to be done for I know that it takes my a while till my body accepts the fact that it should not be just crushed... I wanted to radiate that elegance and confidence again, to get used to it... and to..."
She paused again. A blush rand over her cheeks as she began scratching her head, chuckling nervously. Now that the topic was brought up she sighed.
"I... honestly wanted to make even this dire situation more... comfortable. I hoped to... play the gentleman role to put your mind at ease for a moment, wanted to charm you and... to look pretty to you. If I see that heavenly smile of yours I know that my heart flutters more and more... and to see that smile I wanted to give everything."
She walked up to Eias once again, drawing her in, placing her hands on the girl's loose laces and looked into her eyes.
"You... need not to do this Eias... not now. We can somehow make mine push out more power to compensate yours... we will find a way... probably..."
She sighed as honestly did not know if she was right or was just a hopeful, wishful thinker.
"I stand by your side, I want you to know that. No matter what hardships you face I will be here..." she put her other hand on her own corset "No matter how dire the straits are... I will lend you everything I have, Eias. You are... too important to me."
She blushed again at the last statement... but it was true. She herself did not fully understand the notion but he importance of the girl she knew was something that she treasuredm ore than anything.

Eias stepped back as she was preparing for her turn but she was instructed not to. The manner in which Aeris spoke felt like she was prolonging the inevitable. Eias knew she would have to tie it to great lengths some point in time. If she allowed her to take all the pain, then sooner or later there would be no Aeris. She couldn't allow that. They promised no more unneeded sacrifices. To her, this seemed like the sort. Giving up more power than needed only to ease the pain a smidgen was out of the question. This was her actions, her choice, and her pride at this moment.
"No... I will do it. I should get used to it for now. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to you." She said, averting her eyes. She was ashamed for being so passive all this long. "I will just need you to help is all. Tie it carefully and just talk. It puts me at ease when I hear your voice. It can be about anything at all." She wandered up to her once more.
"You're important to me as well. That is why I will do this. For the both of us." She said as she turned around.

Aeris was a bit startled and surprised when Eias put down her foot. Her resolute will seemed to come forth as she willingly wished to venture into the realm of beauty as sacrifices. The crimson eyed girl's worries amplified just a bit but at the same time she also felt... pride swelling within her. Her friend understood the plight of their quest very well, just as she expected... it seems that both of them have changed quite a bit in the past months. Something which made her feel... happy in a sense.
"I... understand." she nodded as Eias' remark, knowing that she had to be as careful as possible when it came to tying the laces. She knew well that her dexterity and accuracy was lower than usual - not only because the gloves dampened her senses but also because she was not yet fully recovered from the shock her body sustained. Still... she was bent on doing what had to be done... and stepped closer.

Instead of immediately beginning to tie her laces she drew Eias in, hugging her tightly. She wanted to express not only her happiness but also her sympathy before they would begin the task. Taking a deep breath and stepping into the range of Eias' back she nodded.
"It... is time, Eias." she said, picking up the laces "I shall begin."
The gloved hands grabbed the laces with surprisingly firm grasp, beginning to pull them together. Her moves were a bit clumsy for sure as Aeris struggled to properly do the deed but she still managed to pull them, firmly and strongly - gentleness missing at first due to the need of being asserting. As she pulled more and more she found Eias' waist becoming more defined of course... and more charming. As much as she resisted the spell the clothing was emanating she could not help but find her friend... even more attractive.
"I was thinking, again." she said, her shaky hands trying to pull the laces as hard as possible - while remaining somewhat gentle "About everything that had transpired. The adventures... the joys and horrors... the hardships and the good things..." she chuckled "I remember the day when I was battling that minotaur and I met the strangest girl in my life... the girl who was soon to be someone who changed everything I knew completely. Chasing away my nightmares... taming my spirits... waking emotions within me I thought not to be possible..."
She pulled the strings again, passionately.
"I remember the first night I could actually sleep since years... the first time I was not tormented by endless nightmares. The first time I actually laughed... the first time i actually sang with passion in that bar. Everything... seemed to be so jumbled. No longer was I content with seeing people's loathing eyes... no longer did I succumb to everything that was the darkness around me... no longer did I feel alone..."
She pulled the laces once more, firmly, with powerful vigor.
"You woke... long buried feelings within me..."

***​

Eon was up since hours, sitting on her tiny bed, silently staring at the floor. She felt uneasy and guilty at the current situation, the way how she so shamelessly used Aeris' power to be here, completely cutting off her own ties to the spirit realm, feeding only upon the girl's energies. She opted not to tell her this fact, perhaps as part of punishment for not being able to go with Eias to the party to defend her, someone she revered as her mother. She felt shame creeping over her as she felt the very life essence of Aeris wavering at the taxing task... but the spirit did not understand why she had feelings like this towards her. For long years she knew only hatred towards the girl, contempt for needing to serve her with Meryl... the ice spirit had never shown her displeasure but Eon did just that. For the longest time she harbored detesting, dark thoughts towards Aeris, especially flaming them up when the girl met Eias who had accelerated the dreaded process by too much. She planned to end all that quickly...

Then she got to know Eias better. The little Muse touched by the mother of spirits was a different person than she had expected. All the ire towards her evaporated the moment the girl embraced her with a hug, her cold, hatred-laced attitude mellowing over the months. So long was she pondering on her own fate and that of her sister's that she had forgotten what it was like to care about someone... and Eias did just that: wake her up. Eon knew not how to handle this situation properly... and that is why she was so lost in her thoughts.

She finally jumped to her feet, dusting off her tiny corset as she dressed up properly. Her flame-licked eyes now burned with determination and passion. She still could not believe that Meryl was this content with what was to come... but now she desired to help too. If not for her jailer then for the one this girl cared about. Still... something rubbed off from Eias' attitude towards Aeris... and she loathed the girl less and less as the days passed. Years of fury just vanished every day, making her see clearly now.

She opened her door carefully, just so that she could peak out. She noticed the girls already being dressed up and Eias being... adjusted properly. Her heart ached for the girl for needing to sustain such pain but she dared not to speak up or to walk up to them. Catching the voices of the both of them she froze... and decided to listen.

Eias was well prepared for the coming dread of crushing fabric but what she didn't expect was a hug before. She embraced it as she found the comfort suiting to the situation. Wrapping her own arms around the girl, she felt the warmth the girl gave off at this moment. The shifting of temperatures happened to Aeris often, but she was the warmest Eias had ever felt so far. Once Aeris brought up that it was time, she kept the grasp a little longer. She tried her best to muster up the strength here and now. She slid her hands out from the girl as turned properly so that there would be a smooth method of tying.

The moment Aeris touched the laces, Eias felt the shock of what was to come. It was as if the clothing knew what was about to transpire. Slowly it began to squeeze her to allow Aeris the easy threading. Her back arched slightly as she let out a small sigh, knowing it would only get worse from here. She bit her lip and closed her eyes as the crimson eyed girl began. Her emotions began to become unstable. She felt the slipping of her mind as thoughts of dread entered them. The corset gnawed at the horrid feelings and tightened even more. She stood tall and strong but in reality her skin was being pulled and crushed every second. She was about to let out a small wail but a soothing sound entered the room. Aeris began reminiscing of their time together. The day they met, the bar, just being herself. She didn't notice at first, but the corset stopped crushing at that moment. It was being tightened normally so the crushing process was halted at the pace Aeris was tying. Hearing that she allowed the girl to sleep easy for nights that passed and showing her the joys of friendship warmed her heart.

"You know. Sometimes I feel you're the muse." She chuckled as her shoulders rose from amusement. "Always finding the right words to say at the right time. Its a gift." She felt Aeris getting to the point that things would become difficult to tie now. She sucked in as much as she could to allow the girl more room to thread. "If it wasn't for you, I am pretty sure I would have gone crazy. This muse thing would have caught up to me eventually and I wouldn't know what to do. No one to really fall back on who knew what I was going through. I thank you for that. I may be prophesied to save the world but most of all I want to make sure I save you."

Aeris chuckled at the notion what Eias implied. She felt flattered and the blush made her actually to be momentarily overjoyed. She felt this strange feeling within her as she carefully - but forcefully - pulled the stubborn strings further. Indeed, they have arrived at the point where the difficult trials would come and as such she needed to focus on her handiwork - whilst ensuring that Eias was properly tied and dressed. Her pace slowing down she gripped the laces more firmly... and tugged harder.
"I had plenty of time to read novels, fictions and other books." she managed, chuckling "They had shown me the way of speechcraft, how should I compliment people when it was time, how to talk to others and in what fashion. I thought this to be a mongoloid knowledge until you came around... and now I am happy that I studied those."
She found the corset battling against her. To answer the challenge she regretfully pushed harder.
"Saving the world is a burden best not left to you alone, I am afraid. Shouldering weights alone is not the most prudent decision... I have learnt that the hard way. As long as I draw breath - even though these clothes prohibit me to - I shall share this plight with you, Eias. No other way shall be had."
She tugged harder again, smiling at the notion of saving herself.
"You keep doing just that. Every day. Every moment. When you are here the world blooms, you know? The same thing happened to Meryl and Eon too... your presence changed them... as you changed me."

Listening to these sentiments Eon felt guilt churning in her body. Her heat which burned within her tiny frame ever so brightly now receded as cold, regretful emotions swirled in its place. She bowed her head as she could do nothing but nod to Aeris' words, as much as she hated her talking. She finally decided to walk out and meet them... but then she heard her name and froze. The spirit became the topic.
"Meryl had always shown me wisdom and happiness, even when I was young." Aeris smiled "I think she was the one who gave the potion recipes to Yala to teach me so hat I could become her or Eon when I had no other means to summon them. She helped me very much... she had shown me so much kindness. Eon however..."
The fire spirit closed her eyes. She awaited her rightfully earned scolding, scornful words that were to come. And so Aeris spoke.
"I always thought of her as a little passion of fire." she chuckled, pulling the laces tighter and tighter. "She always had difficulties expressing her emotions, especially towards me... but I felt that warmth and happiness within her which yearned to break free... but she could only bloom when you arrived."
Eon's eyes widened as she froze in horror. After all the ire and suffering she had put Aeris through... the girl still spoke of her as she did... her tiny frame began to tremble.
"Your presence... somehow made her open up more than I could ever make her bloom." the crimson eyed girl continued "One would think that magic is the ultimate power in life - I sure did in the past... but what you had done can not be done through magic. Your being, your... enigmatic soul ignited that little passion within Eon that was imprisoned so long. I swear, I was never happier when I first saw her smile, first saw her laugh. It... warmed my soul that she had finally found happiness. That she finally found the joy she was looking for. And all thanks to you, Eias. You brought... happiness no other person could - not only to me but to her as well. It is as if I saw her as your little daughter when she clung to you..."
Eon put her tiny hand in front of her mouth as to dampen the sound coming from it. Warm, big drops of tears began forming in the corner of her eyes as she could barely hold her composure. Why... why was Aeris still so kind to her...

But then Aeris smiled after a big tug. The corset began to resist more and more... but she pressed on.
"The look in her eyes when she was with you was one of the defining moments, honestly, when I started to grasp what true happiness is. The moment I saw those burning, glaring eyes fixating on you did I understand this and decided to change... no wealth can replace her smile, no power can substitute her joy... no knowledge can outweigh her happiness... and it is not only true for her. Through Eon I understood that these values, the values of family, friendship and care in general ARE the things worth living for. You two have changed everything I have thought to be true. And for that you have my eternal gratitude."
Eon could not contain her feelings any longer. Though still silently but she did break down, collapsing on the floor hiding behind the door, her tiny head bowing down, tears raining from her. The words of Aeris hit home and the little fire spirit could not hold it any longer. She hit Aeris and she received a smile. She hurt the girl and she received a hug. She tormented her and she received praise. She... did not understand... she could not comprehend...

At the entrance of her room the little fire spirit cried and cried... her tears flowing in an endless fashion.

Eias felt the small tugs get harder as time went on. Her slow method of easing into the shape came to an end. She felt the pressure against her chest as air became heavier. The ability to breath in was shorter and her body ached already. With Aeris' words of happiness and inner feelings, Eias was able to press on. The raw purity of said emotions was enough for her to not mind for a moment the crushing feeling around her body. With the next few strong tugs, Eias felt her back forcibly righted, unable to bend down without help from someone. Her breathing became short and rapid as her heart ached for oxygen. The constant thumping felt like it was going to burst out of her chest had it not been trapped by the clothing itself. She was happy they were reaching some end for this dress up.
"I am grateful you have learned all of this. It is always a feat when you value inner feelings as such." She smiled small though full of happiness. The only things that permeated the air with sound now were the small grunts Eias let out as her form was messed with. In between, however, she heard the faintest whimpering somewhere near by.
"say... do you hear that? Sounds... really far away. So quiet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back