• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Legacy of the Twilight Prophet

Aeris nodded at Eias' remarks, continuing her work. She knew that they were about to reach the first apex, the point she intended to step back and let her friend a little breathing room before pushing to the limits. This was the point where the corset resisted the hardest perhaps, mighty pulls and grand tugs were needed in order to finally push through... but she did.
"Hold on... after this..." she muttered as she mustered her strength. These were the pushes which would lead the corset into an 'acceptable standard' for the nobles... but they needed to reach it first of course.

One mighty push.
The corset moved.
Second mighty push.
The corset beckoned her will.
The third mighty push.
The corset moved into its position, squeezing Eias from left and right.

It was the part where Aeris fell to the ground previously... almost there but not quite just yet. A tiny bit was still left... but she knew all too well the shock she had sustained herself... and thus she wanted Eias to have a little bit of wiggling room. Looking at her friend she found her body elegant and defined... and very slender. Hearing out her words only now did she notice the noise in the background... and became curious. She turned to Eias, placing her hands on her waist - shuddering for a moment at feeling how defined it became - and nodded.
"We will stop for now, Eias. You let me some breathing room and so shall I. Come, let me usher you to the bed... sit down and try to rest."
She made sure to walk to the bed with her friend very cautiously. She knew how tight the clothing must have felt for her and she did not want to push her too much. With careful steps they made it to the bed, sitting down together. Though her curiosity was great Aeris remained with her friend, holding her tightly - squeezing her a bit perhaps, unbeknownst to her - as she wanted to make sure that she is fine.
"I can stay with you as long as you need, Eias." she whispered, trying to massage the corset where it felt the hardest "Let me know if you need anything or you feel ready to stay here alone just a bit. I will go and check out the noise if you feel ready to rest alone."

Last edited:
Eias spoke just before the final tugs were set in motion. She felt the pressure coming to her. The restrictive feeling that pushed air out of her lungs the moment each tug was placed. With the feeling of her chest getting beat, she was free of more tying for the time being. She was frozen for the moment. Each other time the clothing came to this point, it was so fast she didn't even realize the stunning pain. In some ways, it was more agonizing that the other moments. Slowly she lowered her arms and tried her best to restore some form of breathing pattern. It was hard. She felt like she needed to fall down but her body wouldn't move. Even if she did fall down, there was no getting back up with how her body was restricted now.
"I.. Yes, bed sounds good now." she muttered as she slowly followed Aeris's grasp. As she crept onto the mattress, she still heard the small moments of a strange sound. Growing worried, she looked to Aeris who was at her side.
"I think...I think someone needs you." She said quietly. "I just need to close my eyes. Please, go see what is wrong. I won't be going anywhere."

Aeris watched a little bit as Eias was sitting there with her with her clothes now grasping her. She had the unnerving feeling not to leave her friend alone but she seemed to be... stable and fine on the bed at least. She could not see whether she just handled the situation better than she did or she just managed to conceal it well but... she had to nod to her word. Standing up carefully she turned to her friend, finally letting her go.
"I will see what is going on. Please, try to stay safe... somehow."
She turned around and walked towards the noise and she realized how silly her comment was. What could possibly happen to Eias for that one minute or so?

The corset just watched and felt the essence of Eias, not doing anything drastic. It made slight adjustments here and there, tightening just a tiny bit to get used to the girl's frame again. Using the magic from the ley-line not to make it easier this time but to achieve perfection it sculpted the girl's body more... vehemently than before as the crimson eyed girl walked out of the line of sight.

Aeris finally reached a scene she did not expect to see. Upon turning her gaze downward she saw Eon crying on the floor, tears flowing from the elegant little spirit like a river flows freely. The crimson eyed girl knew not how to properly react to this at first.
"Eon... what's wrong?"
Her voice seemed to make the tiny spirit push on crying even more which startled her. She was more used to the girl bashing her not crying but this time there was no such remark. She walked closer to her.
"What happened?"
The spirit only opened her eyes briefly... then closed them again.
"Why... can't I... hate... you... despite... how much... I... I..."
Aeris was a bit surprised at this but she smiled nonetheless. Forcing herself to kneel down - her clothes made her pay dearly for such foolishness - she picked up the little one from the floor, expecting to be wiggling away from her once she did. Instead, however, Eon grabbed the clothes of Aeris stronger than the dark haired one could have reacted. Sudden warmth started growing within her as she watched the little one cry continuously. She embraced the tiny one and patted her on the head.
"There-there." she smiled "You miss Eias, don't you? We shall go and see her..."
Eon grabbed her even more firmly.
"No... stay... with me...please...together..."
Aeris blushed and smiled, walking towards the direction where her friend was.
"Worry not." she hugged her as the trotted. "I will always be with you. Always protect you."
Eon sobbed.
"Now... I understand..." was all she could muster before she dug her soaking wet face into the chest of the girl.

The two of them walked up towards Eias, Aeris smiling at her friend, clutching the child looking spirit with all her gentleness. At this very moment... she felt like a mother for the first time.

Eias closed her eyes as Aeris walked away. The small adjustments made her wince as each pinch was calculating for its intended purpose. She had the strong urge to cough and allow air both in and out but that was but a dream. Even is she was sick with the flu she would be unable to cough. Similar though, her lungs burned with stale air.
"Life sure is strange... Getting myself in this mess only to help a needing soul. Even now, I wouldn't want it any other way. If it means helping friends.. Isn't that right Ma? Of course so. You'd probably do the same. Anyway, I hope the family is doing alright while you look down at them." She thought to herself as there was a moment of silence. She hadn't talked with her mother in a long time this way. Usually only small moments where she came to mind. Small huffs of air came in as she calmed herself to a point of leisure. The hot air only coming out in small spurts, she tilted her head as she heard foot steps. Before her was Aeris holding Eon.
"Well.. that is a sight I didn't expect." She said warmly. Patting the bed lightly, she gestured for them to sit.

Aeris walked up to the bed with a blush and weary smile on her face. She did not understand what was going on either but she was glad Eias was not disturbed by the strange sight. Sitting down next to her friend she began to caress the red hair strands of Eon, trying to calm her down. Though not crying as intensively as she did before the little spirit still sobbed pretty heavily.
"I do not know what came over her... she clings to me like she never did before." Aeris explained, looking at Eias "She... feels so warm... in a good way. Like... joy radiating from something... or someone!"
She kissed the head of Eon who in turn burrowed her face even deeper into the chest of Aeris to conceal her blush.
"J-just... let me enjoy this... will you?" she murmured as she grasped Aeris. The crimson-eyed girl chuckled and turned to Eias.
"So this is when someone looks up to you, huh?" she asked, smiling at her friend "I could only imagine what it was like when you handled children so well... experiencing it from first hand is different. Its... weird... in a good way."
She sighed.
"I never imagined that our lives would change this much. That I would earn the trust of Eon this much."
She caressed the little spirit, hugging her back.
"But I am glad that it did so."

Suddenly, unbeknownst to Aeris and Eon a dark wind began to blow, bringing chill to the room for the briefest moment... before it was overtaken by the sweet harmony and serenity. The mixed, powerful feelings were present for just a moment before they vanished into the ether but they definitely did appear. And these strange phenomena were open to the senses of Eias alone. Almost as if... they were served as heralds of the things to come.

Eias smiled sweetly as Aeris spoke of the happy feelings. Seeing the two being close for once was one of the best feelings that could fill her. Enough so, the clothing loosened for her at that moment. She wanted them to continue this growth for the better and be a team. Who knew what things they could achieve once they were working as a unit! Eias went to speak of good feelings and the future... but the scene changed for a split second. A chill ran down her spine and the air crew dark and stale. She shrunk down with uncertainty of what was transpiring. A confused and frightened look descended on her face as the area returned to normal.
"I... uh... Yeah! yeah! I am really happy for you too." She said nodding. "I am glad you managed to reach some point of understanding!"

Eon felt a little shiver going down her spine and she finally managed to compose herself enough so that her flow of tears ebbed away. She looked up now, her face coming loose from hugging Aeris so tightly, looking at her with a hint of worry. To her utter surprise and disbelief the girl did not seem to be phased from whatever the spirit felt... but Eias seemed to understand the feeling - even if differently - and at least that gave her comfort. Sighing, she finally climbed down from the lap of Aeris, looking at the two of them with somber, resolute look.
"My... apologies if I had startled you. Being in the mortal realm irrevocably changes my behavior... sensitivity is being one of them. I... feel differently than you two do. And that is why I must restrain myself more than it is usually necessary."
She closed her eyes briefly.
"It was not my intention to bring discontent to you two. I... just have turmoil within me I had never had before. Now that we are on the route of success I need to consider everything... again..."

She clutched her head, a feeling a little weak. Aeris, glancing at her with a worried face stood up.
"What's wrong? You look... a bit feeble."
"Its nothing major." Eon retorted "I just forgot to ask the attendant of Lord Latosius to give me the prearranged nourishment I needed to maintain my full control of my stay. I... just missed it."
Aeris nodded.
"I can ask him and fetch it now for you. I need to stretch my legs and get used to this wear again. And I do not want to leave Eias alone... but still want to give her some breathing room."
Eon did ponder a bit but did not want to refuse the girl's offer just outright. She eyed her and after sighing she nodded.
"I... would not actually mind that. I... will look after mother, worry not."
Aeris acknowledged this and turned to Eias.
"I will be back shortly. Please be careful you two."
And thus she departed to search for the representative Eon spoke of.

Silence befell the room as Eon stared at Eias. Her face was worrisome but solemn as well. She observed the corset of Eias and nodded.
"It is still a bit lax." she claimed "Though I am certain Aeris will make it as painless as humanly possible. If... possible."
She walked up to the girl, her voice falling.
"You felt it too, didn't you?" she asked "The chill of dread... which permeated the very air. A moment of despair and sorrow. A shadowy tendril of the past."
She climbed up to the girl's lap, opening her palm. Within it a little comb materialized, seemingly being made of flames but was perfectly cool for the touch. The spirit offered it to her 'mother', with clear intent of combing her hair. How Eon managed to stay neutral and so calm whilst talking about things like this was amusing.
"She is blooming, mother. Soon she will reach a point of no return. And you must ask yourself what are the lengths you are willing to go to. Her powers will only get stronger... at a price. A price now... I am content with I think, just as Meryl was a long time ago."

Eias watched as the mood changed with Eon once again. She was back to a stalwart face and a calm attitude. She swore that spirit had the quickest mood swings. Still, it was nice to know everything was going alright. A simple lack of food for the spirit could be painful. She wasn't sure how much it took out of the spirit to stay here this long. When Aeris offered to go get some, Eias nodded.
"It'll be alright. I just need to rest is all." She stated with a quiet breath. As she left, Eias looked back over to Eon. For a moment, things were peaceful. It was only till Eon brought up the strange sensation that she felt a short period ago. The chill and dread of the room spiked for unknown reasons. Without much resistance, the spirit climbed onto her lap and began combing her hair.
"I dont.... understand? I can see that Aeris is becoming more powerful. That happens with everyone who practices. What is this price you're talking about?

As Eon was being combed she stared at the door, almost expecting her 'master' to return any time now. Still, listening to Eias made her focus once more and after letting out a worn sigh she began to wiggle a little bit on the lap of the girl. She raised her tiny hands, looking at them for few moments... and then she began to talk.
"Spirits have obligations with humans as you may very well know. My real mother contacted you various times now, all done on her own volition. On her free will. She talked to you because she wished so, free of any burdens. I... do not."
She paused. She never spoke about this to anyone before... and sorrow overcame her.
"Many years ago a group of powerful sorcerers have found a way how to amplify their powers. Instead of making normal contracts with spirits like many spirit mages did they subjugated the spirits they found... they bound them to a vessel they found worthy and powerful enough to contain their magic and powers. As the vessel grew stronger so did its connection to the bound spirits. Eventually, when the time was ripe they underwent a trial: they were transported into the spirit realm where they had to do the ultimate test to obtain the power they were meant to inherit: they were to consume the spirits bound to them, gaining their domain over their powers forever."

Eon paused again, tears beginning to flow from her eyes.
"The moment when Meryl and I were torn apart from our Mother and were drawn into such servitude my hatred began. Whenever I looked at the tiny baby frame that was Aeris I knew nothing but fury and rage, raging against the inevitable fate that awaited us. All along I knew that when Aeris reaches the age and the apex of her power that we will vanish - Meryl and I will cease to exist as she inherits the magic she was supposed to have."
Her tiny hand curled into a fist.
"So loathing it was that I decided to have. Hate what she stood for, hate who she was, cursing our misfortune and my ineptitude to change our fate. Meryl tried to soothe me down for long years but in vain... as those fleeting years flew by and Aeris became stronger I knew we were on borrowed time. And then she met you."

She sighed.
"You accelerated the process much more than I ever anticipated, to the point when she was brimming with so much magical prowess that her trial will be nigh. All these years the blind hatred I harbored towards her burned me out... and in the end now I just succumbed to the truth. No matter how much I try... no matter how much I struggle... my fate - and my sister's fate - seems to finally come to pass."
She sobbed, wiping away her tears.
"I... am not mad at you... not any more. Your words and her words put me at ease, at long last. Aeons of rage finally ceased to burn within me. Now... I just want to help, to savor those last moments in this world like Meryl does. Just as my sister had fallen in love with Lord Latosius... so do I wish... to enjoy this little time with you, Eias."
Her frame began to lit up with a little, caressing flame.
"I have learned to love you. I have learned to love again. Thanks to you two..."

Eias remained silent throughout the explanation. She knew something had been nawing at the spirit for a long time now, but hearing it clearly was strange. She could understand the anger and hatred for what was going on. It wasn't fair to anyone really. The spirits forced into this situation and Aeris placed in the part of a vassal without her say. To think all this time, Eon was just scared of what would happen.

Silence befell the room once more as eias thought of what was to come. She understood most of it. All but the consuming part. "If... if I may. Can I ask what this consuming is? How does it work?" She said quietly and with ease. She hopped not to trigger the spirit.

Eon closed her eyes as the temporary silence enveloped both of them. Only the slight noise of brushing was to be heard as she stared at the floor, contemplating on the choice of her words. She always felt a bit unjust to bash Aeris like this but if she wanted to tell the truth to Eias she had to do it without emotional restrictions - so she did it like this. As she heard the Muse ask about the process a cold shiver ran down her spine. She sighed and began talking.
"I... have not witnessed the process myself yet, thankfully... but it is rumored to be a painful one. Or so the tales go." she said quietly "The fully subdued spirits will be drawn back to the spirit realm where they... will be taken into their place of birth where their connection is the strongest with the realm. Then... then..."

Her voice faltered. She wanted to keep her composure but she found it to be incredibly difficult to do so. Still, somehow she managed to fight down the tears she had and nodded to herself.
"Then it is time for the wizard to arrive... with spells I have not known myself the spirits will be put into a temporal stasis where their souls are... extracted... from their bodies. Slowly and steadily the very essence of the spirits is drained, flowing into the designated mage. Afterwards, the mage will become empowered, granting him powers beyond his wildest dreams... and the spirits will cease to exist. Forever."

The last word was barely audible as Eon struggled to maintain her serious posture. Her tiny hands grasped the clothes of Eias, her knuckles turning almost white from the force she was using. Sorrow and pain overwhelmed the spirit as she stared at the ground. She was not sure how to continue pushing on at this point.
"I always wondered how Meryl could have accepted this so easily. She is a ice spirit, logic and persistence drove her in all her life... the first day we have been shackled to the new born Aeris she was still calm, understanding... she even took the infant in her hands and sung a lullaby for her when she was upset... while I was trying to burn the very house down in my fit of rage. Meryl always knew how to comfort her and to comfort me... but I know not how."
She bowed her head and let out a sardonic chuckle.
"I never have imagined that I would lament to a human in the end - to a special human, of course... but still..."
She raised her head, turning around slightly to look at Eias. Her face was a bit more pale and her eyes were red from the shed tears. Still, she worn a little, hopeful smile on her expression which was actually not a feigned one: this one came from her heart.
"Could I have a selfish request? Well, two, actually." she whispered "Look after Aeris once we are gone, will you? And... and..."
She chuckled.
"Please... give me that warm hug with that angelic smile for one last time. I... wish to embrace you... and feel Mother through you too... if... you don't mind..."

She could see that even speaking of the process was hard for the spirit. No doubt the pain she harbored all this time was rising up. Eias continued to lay there as she watched the spirit talk. Each word felt more heavy than the next as she saw the small one fighting off tears and fear. It was no easy task, especially for a fire spirit. She wondered just what Eon thought would happen. Once the requests were asked, Eias propped herself up. She curled an arm around the spirit and pulled her in.
"I accept those requests... but there is still something I don't understand..." she said curiously. "What makes you think Aeris would go through with that? Should you tell her the full story, then there would be no way she would go through with it. Not after what you both have done for her. It would be like getting rid of family.." She felt it brought up a subject that was still foreign to Eon. After all this time, why would Aeris go through with it? She was coming out of her shell and understanding the importance of friends, family, and emotion. She honestly couldn't see the girl doing it.

Eon felt a sudden rush of happiness through her body as she was embraced by EIas. Hungrily, she clawed at the girl's corset, hugging her as tightly as possible, squeezing her eyes shut as tightly as possible. This moment, this little heaven now granted her more respite than anything in her entire existence did previously. To have this burden off her shoulders was something she could not express... it was amazing and painful at the same time. She... wanted to savor all this for just a little more.
"She... mustn't know about it." Eon whispered quietly "If she becomes aware of what is going to happen before the time comes... they... will come for her... and for you. Those wizards... are incredibly dangerous, consumed spirits themselves they are not to be trifled with. If they find out that the covenant is broken between spirit and human they will come for anyone who would interfere..."

She sighed, not letting Eias go. Just for these good moments she felt safe and happy.
"They... will see it through that she does what was told her to do. Among those spellcasters she counts as a 'precious project', as they mentioned it. Most mortal frame can only contain a single spirit, can embrace only the power of one. That Aeris' body was able to contain me and Meryl and on top of that OPPOSITE elements... she is talented, more so than a lot of wizards. And especially because of this that they are watching her. They are waiting... they will force her to do what must be done. The allure of power will tempt her... especially when she finally wakes up."
Eon felt the warmth emanating from Eias and drank it all in. It felt relaxing to be in the presence of the Muse.
"There had only been one occasion when the ritual was interrupted... only a single case in all the millenias... I harbor no hope towards this being the same this time... Please... I just want to retain all the dignity I have, Eias. To have... the knowledge of everything I could. Finally... I have a loving mother... a caring mistress... and a wonderful sister. I... just want to savor all this and help before the time comes."

Eias' face went from a skeptical look to a darkened one. To think there would be some folk that would force such an act upon her. In the end, would it really be her fault for such a thing to happen? Eias didn't believe so. Aeris cared for her spirits deeply and wouldn't harm them so. Not now. She just couldn't wrap her head around who THEY were. These mysterious wizards that would cause such pain upon friends and family. She wanted Aeris to know so that they could be prepared... but now wasn't the time. They had so many things on their plate. Trying to help this city out and save lives. Get the muse artifact into better hands than whatever was happening with it at the moment. It did leave a pain in her chest. Something she felt was a calling. She wouldn't forget about this. She would find a way to stop it and make sure everyone wouldn't be hurt.

"I see...." she said softly without hope. "I do still think there should be a talk about it. Just before things get crazy for this whole event between the three of you. I do agree though, this is not the time to do so." She allowed the girl to hug her closer at this time. "We are here for you. always and forever."

Eon did not say much, she just clutched the clothes of Eias stubbornly, burrowing her face into the corset of the girl. Long minutes had passed like this, the frame of the little spirit being the immovable object of the world, holding Eias tightly in a fashion a little girl holds her mother. She was grateful but words could not come out of her mouth as she sat there. Finally, she mustered up the courage and began to speak again.
"Eias... mother... I..."

The door creaked as it was opened with a sudden haste which made the spirit to whirl around in her sitting position, landing on the lap of the Muse with little effort but with a little awkwardness. She stared at the door, her heart pounding at the situation of being discovered like this - but soon enough her fears melted away. In the door a rather exhausted girl panted with a strange, delicious looking cupcake on a tiny plate in her hands.
"It... took me... and eternity to find the attendant." Aeris managed as she gasped for air "Running in this corset so early... made me almost faint twice... but I found the motivation to push on."
Eon raised her eyebrows but Aeris smiled at her.
"Everything... for my favorite fire spirit!" she said, a childish grin creeping on her expression as she walked up to the dismal looking pair. She offered the interesting looking delicacy for Eon... and the spirit swallowed. It was actually not a cupcake, it was only shaped to look like that so that the spirit's taste for boundless sweets would be sated. Instead, it was a ball of spiritual energy which would revitalize Eon and gave her the sustenance she needed. She quickly hopped off from Eias' lap and looked up at Aeris. Upon looking at her from close up her eyes widened
"You... look... very pale..." the spirit whispered in shock as she inspected her master. "What... how...?"
"I told you..." the girl managed, patting Eon on the head "Everything for your well being, Eon."

The fire spirit averted her eyes, not daring to look into Aeris'... but she nodded, murmuring a truly grateful "Thank you." as she reached for the cupcake. Taking it in her tiny hands the girl began chomping at it, devouring it in one tiny bite after another. Aeris smiled at the little spirit as she already looked brighter... and then she turned to Eias who looked much more... darker in mood.
"Are you all right, Eias?" she asked, sitting down next to her. "You look like as if... someone told you the news of someone's death. You feel all right?"
Her eyes lit up in anxiety.
"Is it the corset? You want me to loosen it for you a bit?"

Eias hummed lightly to the spirit as she continued to burrow into the clothing. It was all the comfort she could give at this time. She couldn't know the full extent to this foreboding event until it was underway. She just knew she wouldn't ever want it to happen. As they sat there for the time being, she was left with her own thoughts. Sadness in knowing there were some things out of her control. She wanted to protect those close to her, but when helping one meant hurting another, things became confusing. She was a muse... and one that was suppose to help the world. How could she help the world when she couldn't even help her friends?

Slowly, the door creaked open. She was shunted from her terrible thoughts and looked up with a long face. There, Aeris stood with some sort of pastry. She watched the little interaction between Aeris and Eon but for she was the center of attention to the crimson eyed girl.
"O-ohh..." She began. She felt a lump in her throat as she wanted to warn Aeris now. She knew far too much. She glanced over to Eon who was eating the cupcake. Forcing a smile, she looked back to her friend.
"N-no. That isn't needed... I.. uh.. Just found that I was terribly tired. Up all night with you and with no magic clothing. It turned out to be more exhausting than I thought." She lied as best her silver tongue could manage.

Aeris remained silent as Eias spoke up with a slightly trembling voice. She was not an expert of body language and nor could she pinpoint the strange feeling she had when the girl talked to her... she only felt that Eias was a troubled, even if only a bit... but she knew not how to politely ask or inquire about it. If the Muse did not want to share with her this burden... she did not want to push her to do so immediately. Instead she just sat by her, inspecting her with analytic, worried eyes.

Long moments passed like this, the only thing breaking the silence were her slightly heavy breathing and Eon's munching on the cupcake. The little spirit ate deliberately slower than usual, using this time to contemplate and to think what to say to Aeris and what not. The elegantly dressed mage stared at Eias still, her visage softening as she finally let out a long, drawn-out sigh.
"I... understand." she said finally, forcing a smile too "Admittedly I feel drained too... a bit too much than usual but I think my body does not want to kill me anymore at least!" she tried to jest.
Averting her eyes from Eias and glancing over at Eon she continued.
"The attendant I managed to find was kind enough to inform us that only our presence is required tonight and no other formalities. That being said, I think Eon will need to come with us to show that our family is whole. Aside from this the man wished us to rest up before the evening... and I thought up two different variations of what we could do in our spare time."
She paused, looking at the two of them in an inquisitive fashion.
"The first option is to wander around the palace, staying inside and just explore it. Not many nobles would be there to bother us though the sights are a bit mundane as well. This option mainly serves to help Eias cope with her clothes since for such a tour the current state of the corset is good."
She pointed outside of the window.
"The second option is the royal gardens which are admittedly breathtakingly beautiful. Many nobles tread there and it just looks so beautiful that it dwarfs everything we have seen in Magnolia or during our journeys... but it comes at a price. Since it is a public place and a plethora of nobles rest there I will need to... finish tying Eias' corset to be at its maximum capacity. That way we would get a good impression on the other nobles and win their favor."

Eon slowly was reaching the end of her cupcake and listened to Aeris' proposal. She nodded her head both times as she saw merit in both of these paths. She looked at Eias as he lowered her hand holding the little cupcake and nodded.
"She speaks the truth, both of these paths are good to take - the riskier one reaps more rewards whilst the safe one will be... well, more relaxing probably. But I think it is up to you to decide, mother. You are the one, after all, whose well being decides on the route we will take."

Eias dreaded the silence now. She kept her eyes to the bed as she felt the eyes of Aeris staring at her. She knew she was giving off an aura that only meant troubled. So deeply troubled that she couldn't hide it. Her only saving grace was Aeris' social ignorance on how to respond. Still, she wished there was something that could be said that was the truth.

Finally, the silence was broken. She looked to the crimson eyed girl and read her face. It was the truth full and full. She figured that Eon would have to tag along. Afterall, they were all in the chess game. It only made sense they would be needed. Hearing their options to pass the time was a strange one. One that she didn't think too hard on.
"I think we should see the garden. I know it means a little more uncomfortably... but I wish to see some of the more beautiful sides of this city. Something as a saving grace." She said to the both of them. "don't worry about me. Just tie it the rest of the way when you're ready."

Eon and Aeris listened to Eias' decision, the little spirit returning to consume the last morsels of her magical cupcake. Her skin looked much healthier now and even some of the warm aura surrounding her returned, the flame enkindled within her heart as the mystical energies swirled into her. Aeris nodded at Eias' decision. From what the attendant told them the garden was indeed mesmerizing so it would be a good destination for the three of them to walk to. Perhaps she could inquire about the thing that seemed to gnaw at her friend somehow, granting her insight of her troubles... but for now she sighed.

"The garden it is then." she said, looking at Eon "You don't mind it either, right?"
Eon shook her head.
"Where mother go so shall I. A little fresh air might not hurt either... and also getting in the good graces of nobles is a good idea too."
Aeris nodded, moving behind Eias, seeing her body moving. It was heaving only slightly but she knew that it would soon change. The corset already made bending down difficult but with its final form it would... completely correct the stance Eias had had. When she heard that she was granted permission to finish her task she nodded and grabbed the laces. The corset seemed to react to her presence as its magical functions began to whirl to life, adjusting itself without Aeris doing anything, squeezing air just a little out of the Muse as it did so.
"I will try to be quick." Aeris said as she got to her task.

She heard the noise of the clothes becoming tighter the moment she began working on the last bits of Eias' clothes. She knew all too well what this would bring yet she also knew that it had to be done. She pulled the laces with vigor and with strength for the cloth resisted from the very beginning. Heavy tugs had to be made as the shaping item fell into place, pressing and squeezing lungs and breasts together as she did so, the waist of Eias becoming more and more as a thin line more than anything.
"Lord Latosius' attendant said that the nobles already whisper about us." Aeris spoke up, trying to get the girl's mind away from the task. The magic which would dampen the feeling temporarily suspended itself until the final adjustments were made so this was the only way the crimson eyed girl could catch the attention of Eias.
"They say that they hold us in high regard, especially thanks to you, Eias. This society being matriarchal oriented it favors a strong wife in the family and you made the best impression on people. Eon too did catch the eyes of the nobles, having a beautiful little girl as a child is also quite a favorable sign, it helps us a lot."
Eon blinked.
"Surely the resolute father is respected as well?" she inquired but Aeris just chuckled between two hard tugs.
"It... is not as important as other things, admittedly. In their eyes it isn't, anyway." she said with a little sardonic tone "Alas, as long as we have strong girls like you by our side it should be fine!"

Eon watched her master work as the final bits of the cupcake were devoured by her. She had the strange feeling that Aeris liked to see them as a family for more reason than one... there was a joyous, almost fired up glinting in her eyes... but what those were for she knew not.

Eias closed her eyes tight as she felt the presence of Aeris behind her. She could hear the light breathing and slight movements of the bed as she adjusted to get ready to tighten the last bits of the clothing. What felt like long minutes was merely a few seconds as the hands took hold of the laces. Quickly, the clothing came to life again and began adjusting even more to the final form. She felt the pressure sinking in as air was pressed out of her. Her only attempt to savor the oxygen was puffing out her cheeks to keep a little retained. That was short lived however. Her face became red as she felt the jailing feeling set in once more to its prime. The thought of back in magnolia came to her. The feeling of her body getting crushed by the magically cursed clothing. She started to hyperventilated though that was short lived by the limited access to air.

She was saved, however, by the voice of Aeris. Hearing that they were already on good standing put her at ease for the moment. Knowing they were going in the right direction for all of this meant they really were making a change. Or on the road to it at least. All they had to do was beat his game of "chess" and then they could do just about everything they needed too.
"Th-t-thank.....you" She said in a raspy voice.

Aeris continued her work and she felt the tugs becoming increasingly resistant to her touch. She saw Eias wiggle just a bit, mostly holding her composure in her eyes which was a rather respectable if not an outright amazing feat. The last ties were indeed ones that brought out the most feminine touches of her friend: the corset held her form tightly, the form around her back and chest formed with such eloquent beauty that even the most rigid nobles would have bowed before Eias - though whether the girl would be able to reciprocate the gesture in such clothes was questionable at best.

"The nobles will enjoy an afternoon gala-like party in the garden." Aeris continued with the last tugs. They really made everything... challenging "The attendant said that there iwll be no special feast or anything but the beautiful garden will be open to everyone, inviting all the nobility. People will likely just observe others rather than interacting with one another but that should still be a moment of respite for us."
Eon observed as Aeris reached the end of the body corset. She watched with a guarded expression as the crimson eyed girl did a mighty final push to adjust the clothes and to finally make it solidified in its place. Then, the girl turned to the neck corset to tie it gently. The spirit decided to speak up.
"So you say that we should just mingle with them? Just... try and have a good time?"
"Not necessarily to interact with them... but keeping our ears open is always a good idea." she said as she pulled the laces around Eias' neck. They were holding her head firmly for sure, limiting the intake of air just a bit. The crimson eyed girl knew that this was a bit of a test for her friend but she hoped Eias would find a way to make it work.
"Information is the greatest weapon we can have, advantage beyond mere fame. If we pay attention we can get valuable info which can aid us in the end."

She finally managed to tie the neck part as gently as it was humanly possible and immediately got off the bed. Sitting down might have been a pleasant and a bit soothing experience for both of us but the real test had to come now. She gently extended her hand towards Eias, carefully pulling her up right into standing position, ushering the girl away from the bed. With both corsets being at full power and no protective magic being active yet she stepped a bit away from her friend... and see how she fared.
"How... do you feel, Eias?"

As she felt the final tugs coming to an end, she felt the onset of fire burning her lungs. She couldn't get the air she craved so much and for that, she was slowly going insane. She remained on the bed, doing her best not to fade into the darkness of sleep. As much as she wanted to listen to Aeris, her mind was juggling so many sensory inputs that she couldn't sort them fast enough. The pain, the lack of air, and her friend all firing off at once was too much to handle. Once she felt the hands fall from her back, she airlessly sighed. It was finally over.... That was, until she felt a hand wrap around the back of her neck. She had forgotten the neck corset! Of all the things. Before she could even struggle, her neck was straightened against her will. She couldn't turn or bend it. With no access to words, she was helpless but to accept what was going on. For what felt like eons, she sat there. Numbness took over as she couldn't handle the pain anymore and so she waited.

Not too much later, she noticed the tightening stopped. Her friend was before her now, extending a hand to get her up. She stared at the open palm intently before a slow rising hand came to touch it. She was lifted up to her feet. Her body screamed but she did not. Looking to her friend, she opened her mouth. "I... am.... still awake..." She said in a hushed whisper.

Aeris watched the girl rose with a heavy heart. A strange dichotomy was battling within her, one she had not felt ever since that strange presence in her mind was whispering her in Magnolia. Back then it was a worse case, the corset was gnawing at Eias with increasing hunger and her friend was fading back then... now, hardened, trained and more prepared Eias seemed to endure to price of elegance much more than initially she did: despite the pale expression she had Aeris understood that the girl took this thing more easily this time.
Still... there was something exciting for Aeris just by looking at her friend. Something that made her heart beat faster...

Eon only sensed for a mere moment. A whisper in the great fabric of time nothing more... but she felt it. The unmistakable surge of energy that drew upon ancient, primal forces was present for just a moment... coming from none other than Aeris. She turned her attention to the disguised girl, finding her staring at Eias with a mesmerized look... a look which strangely reflected... excitement more than anything. The glassy eyes of Aeris informed Eon about the fact that her summoner was not exactly in the mortal plane, mentally. Something, somehow lured in the girl into a delirium like state, seemingly enjoying the situation more than ever.

"She... is in pain." Eon said carefully, trying to snap her master out of it.
"She is... but she has to endure..." the voice of Aeris returned, a strange, almost delight inducing tone in it "If we are to succeed at getting into the good graces of the nobles this is how she must walk... how she must live... breathe..."
Eon stepped closer to Aeris. In her master's eye she saw the exhilaration, her entire frame seemed to drink in the view... and then the spirit's tiny hand touched the gloved palm of Aeris, ever so gently. Immediately the dull light gave way to clarity in her eyes as she shook her head, returning to reality with full consciousness. She slightly tilted her head as if she was only waking up, looking down at Eon with a surprised/shamed look. The little spirit - knowing her plight - just nodded and tilted her own head towards Eias... and Aeris followed her eyes. She saw the struggle her friend was going through and immediately her heart wrenched.

"She... she needs... she needs air!" Aeris concluded, fear overtaking her. She tried to compose herself as best as she could but still the dread realization came to her. Eias must have had it much harder for the first time - sure, later she will endure it probably but now... it was bad.
She walked up to her friend, her cheeks blushing. She grabbed the shrunk waist of her friend, disregarding any gentleness or the shaky state she was in. She draw her close, her corset-squeezed breast pushing against hers.
"Sorry..." she managed to say before she closed her eyes and gave Eias a kiss, latching on to her lips. For few moments which seemed like an eternity Aeris knew that she cut off the source of air from her friend... but moments later she began to give her the live-giving breath she desired... and a little bit of her power as well, though she still struggled herself.

With blurred eyes, Eias viewed her friend. She hadn't even noticed the mesmerized state she was in. It was too much detail for her eyes to take in at the moment. She did her best to gain some air that would right her vision... right her body.. but it was proving difficult. Light and dark were battling in her sight as she looked for something to prop up against. She was dragged from the bed so she had no peg to hold on to. Things felt dire but her mind was turning to the void. That was, until she felt a familiar sensation. She felt herself getting grabbed, and then her lips being kissed. For a moment, she didn't know what was going on.

She felt life breath into her once more. Quick enough to hear Aeris apologize. Her eyes cleared for the time being and she felt the corset dwindle a little though it was still snug on her body. She accepted Aeris's gift. She kept at it till she felt her body feel more in touch with herself and then she broke from Aeris.
"You.. have nothing.. to be sorry for. It was.. my choice after all."

The kiss broke and so did the little dizzying feeling that enveloped Aeris. She almost blacked out after the kiss and the minor power transfer but somehow she retained her fortitude to stand firm, letting only a pained gasp out as her lips parted from her friend's. She felt a drained state wash over her as she looked at Eias whose skin became just a bit more lifelike and Aeris let out a little sigh. Holding Eias close she gently embraced her.
"I... should have known... sooner..." she whispered quietly. "I will not let you go on your own like this, Eias. We... will walk together in the garden, holding hands! I will not let this... situation to escalate!"

Eon watched as the girls held each other and observed in silence until now but she spoke up.
"The magic of her corset should soon begin its work I think." she said quietly "Surely she will be able to..."
"No." Aeris interjected, not letting Eias go. She held the corseted beauty in her hands, as if a lover held his beloved. "I will not be so careless as to leave her alone now that I had seen this transpire. We will leave soon... and that means that I need to watch out for her now more than ever!"
She looked at Eon.
"The Life Winder will not be able to help me now but... I think I have some power to spare still... enough for me to go on but also enough for stabilizing Eias."

Eon stomped on the ground.
"You know that is a lie, Aeris!" she burst out in anger and anxiety "You had to endure your own corset on your own until now! And I was draining your power with being summoned too! You are as enervated as her! Didn't you emphasize no more self-sacrifices to be made? Didn't you say that you wanted all of us to be together without this much pain? Why then? Why do you insist on doing everything, even if it harms you? If it... drains you more than anything?"
Aeris did not reply immediately. She just held Eias in her hands.
"It is because of Eias that I am this strong." she whispered "It is because of her resolve... her fortitude... her willingness. It is because she... is here for us." she sniffed, blinking to dry up something that started to be a tear.
"I do not know how to explain it... but this... plight... gives me strength, fortitude to push on. But seeing Eias hurt makes me..."
She paused. She wanted to state the obvious but realized she might actually lie when saying that. She... felt slightly horrified if not confused but she shook off the feeling. Instead, she looked at Eias.
"I will do everything in my power to keep you well, you hear me?" she asked, her face becoming stern "No matter what or who we face I will not waver! I know your corset might be tough and it might hurt you but you must fight, Eias! I will... try... everything to see you safe!"
She held her close once again.
"We will walk together in the garden, all right? I will lend you everything I have!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back