Other Facebook and Teenagers

wonderandawe

Most likeky not a Sidereal
Do teens still use Facebook today?  Or have you moved on to other sites?  

What age did you start using Facebook?  

How do you use Facebook?  Organizing events?  Facebook chat?  Playing games?  Talking to relatives?  

/I'm old and realize I don't know any teenagers on facebook.  I need to know this for a writing project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather not specify the age of when I used Facebook, for I was very, very young and I'm ashamed of myself.

However, I do recall spamming people to adopt my farmville animals when that was still a thing. Sure made thanksgiving more awkward than it should be, I assure you.

I'd sometimes talk to my close elementary school friends, and hardly ever talk to family members... but mostly I talked to myself and continued to make love with the "NEED SOMEBODY TO TAKE THIS CHOCOLATE COW I FOUND ON MY FARM!"

Facebook was where I occasionally stalked people I knew, and looked through photos my family members posted. Still is. (Still a teen lol) 

So, like, my parents wouldn't let me get Facebook until I was thirteen and I was very annoyed because all of the popular kids had Facebook but not me. So I got Facebook when I was thirteen and though I downloaded it and made an account, I never really used it. I've had the account for almost three years now and have maybe ten posts in all. 

Facebook is still popular today among teens, hint hint I am a teen, but no one actually makes status updates. They follow pages that post interesting videoes or make interesting posts, I only really use the messenger function for my club and my close friends. 

I think for very young people like middle school students or preeteens, they use Facebook a lot and have almost no filter. They will grow to regret everything they did on Facebook and probably close their account when they reach high school.

My mother and I would rather not be stalked by people online, so neither of us have Facebook or any of that shiz.

If this site counts as social media, it's the only thing I've got.

As my family likes to say, "We have lives and prefer to be social."

However, I do recall spamming people to adopt my farmville animals when that was still a thing. Sure made thanksgiving more awkward than it should be, I assure you.

I'd sometimes talk to my close elementary school friends, and hardly ever talk to family members... but mostly I talked to myself and continued to make love with the "NEED SOMEBODY TO TAKE THIS CHOCOLATE COW I FOUND ON MY FARM!"

Is it okay if I use your Chocolate Cow in my story? :D

Thanks for the info, guys.  Seems like teens use Facebook just like everyone else uses Facebook.  I suspected as much, but I didn't want to be that writer that assumes people of all ages uses technology the same way I do.  

Most people in my social group don't post status updates anymore, but rather share interesting things they find on the internet.... until they have kids, then they just post TONS of pictures of their offspring.  

Back in my day, when we said Facebook, that meant someone was about to hit you in the face with a book.

._.

Not exactly my favourite game.

Back in my day, when we said Facebook, that meant someone was about to hit you in the face with a book.

I remember when facebook first came out, you had to have an EDU email address to join.   I think my slacker boyfriend at the time used my university email to create his account.   I didn't get into it at first because I thought it was just a glorified school yearbook app.

I almost chuckled when I saw your topic on General.

Yeah, it's instagram, snapchat, and some other site. I personally don't use any of those sites, but i'm 90% sure most teens don't use Facebook. It's mostly twitter and others I mentioned earlier now. 

I made a Facebook account when I got into Middle School (and a Myspace account that I never used), but I made up some crazy name for it so that other kids wouldn't find me. I didn't seek out other people's accounts, (other than a few good friends and family members that I already had), especially not guys, (because that idea already creeped me out)--but I still ended up being embarassed by hearing a few guys in my class talk about my account, (especially because I had a crush on the other guy who asked about it). The only thing I used it for back then was to play silly apps (when I got bored of those, I stopped using FB for years...)

Sometimes I posted interesting links when I was researching in highschool, but my friends aren't into that kinda stuff. I've changed cities since then, but I still am friends with most of the people that I friended initially. Recently, I kinda got into free verse, and a few people told me they liked it, which is great. Other than that, I don't use other forms of social media, with the exceptions that I joined two college clubs (and RPNation) in the last three days, which all require I use different apps.

My Mother, on the other hand, has a ton of FB friends that she's never met in person, and shows me funny captioned photos to read everyday. She's even reconnected with her best friends from High School, and other old aquaintences. I don't think she uses other social apps other than snapchat, (which happened fairly recently too).

(Sorry for sounding kinda...mher..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I started Facebook at the age of thirteen so I had it for 7 years now and I rarely post anything on my Facebook. I mostly use it for games, seeing what my friends are doing and also kinda interacting with welsh corgi groups.  I'm like the odd one out here I never actually write stuff I just share things I like or just use it for games. :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back