• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood

Lioness075 said:
Yeah, the college is the nicest out of the England options and public transport is easy to access if I ever wanted to go somewhere else over the weekend.
Its 4 hours away from London by train. Tickets are expensive too. last year there was a massive flood which took out the rail lines for the entire SouthWest bit of England. Australia probably more fun :)

Maybe its because I was coming from a big city, but there is just not a lot to do out there. Its pretty isolated.

SilverFlight said:
Its 4 hours away from London by train. Tickets are expensive too. last year there was a massive flood which took out the rail lines for the entire SouthWest bit of England. Australia probably more fun :)
Maybe its because I was coming from a big city, but there is just not a lot to do out there. Its pretty isolated.
Ah, well, there's a reason why Plymouth is at the bottom of the list. Australia will be hard to get into (limited spots available to go), but if anything, Sweden will be easy for me to get accepted to. And yeah, I live in the suburbs in the States, but I hate cities in general. If I can get away from the people and enjoy the scenery and nature then I'm in heaven.

Lioness075 said:
Ah, well, there's a reason why Plymouth is at the bottom of the list. Australia will be hard to get into (limited spots available to go), but if anything, Sweden will be easy for me to get accepted to. And yeah, I live in the suburbs in the States, but I hate cities in general. If I can get away from the people and enjoy the scenery and nature then I'm in heaven.
Sweden then. I mean, I've only been to Norway, but I'm told they're quite similar, AND, you have a good chance at seeing the Northern Lights if you're there over winter.

SilverFlight said:
Sweden then. I mean, I've only been to Norway, but I'm told they're quite similar, AND, you have a good chance at seeing the Northern Lights if you're there over winter.
Every US dollar also equals eight Sweden currency so I'd have a lot of money if I saved up a good amount ahead of time and all. :3 And it's on my bucket list to see the Northern Lights! :D I've even found an $800 camera that can take really good night pictures, since my current one, which was around $400 can't take night pictures at all. I'm hoping that I'll either get that night camera for Christmas or a Polaroid. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and get both. :3

Lioness075 said:
Every US dollar also equals eight Sweden currency so I'd have a lot of money if I saved up a good amount ahead of time and all. :3 And it's on my bucket list to see the Northern Lights! :D I've even found an $800 camera that can take really good night pictures, since my current one, which was around $400 can't take night pictures at all. I'm hoping that I'll either get that night camera for Christmas or a Polaroid. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and get both. :3
I will warn you though, its really expensive in the northern European countries, they have the best social systems on the planet, but for that the prices are super high.

I didn't check this out myself, but apparently a macdonalds burger is the equivalent of 15 US dollars. Not to scare you, I was told where I am now is expensive and I can still find food for reasonable prices. But they are higher, no doubt about it.

SilverFlight said:
I didn't check this out myself, but apparently a macdonalds burger is the equivalent of 15 US dollars. Not to scare you, I was told where I am now is expensive and I can still find food for reasonable prices. But they are higher, no doubt about it.
Well, I best save up plenty of money for it then lol.

Well I let my imagination flow

So I made a WoW related poster featuring the current expansion

N6iQCqO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was getting ready to have Malachai start a war song as he began taking out the undead. Then Ithe reminded me too much of Wulfgar lol had to stop my self from yelling "FOR TEMPOS!" Anyone else base some or all of there character on a character in a book?

andujarprime said:
I was getting ready to have Malachai start a war song as he began taking out the undead. Then Ithe reminded me too much of Wulfgar lol had to stop my self from yelling "FOR TEMPOS!" Anyone else base some or all of there character on a character in a book?
I haven't really based any of my characters off of anyone in particular. Leandra's physical appearance is supposed to be like a gender-bent Jack Frost though. Personality-wise, both of my characters are their own selfs.

SilverFlight said:
That is...amusing ^^
Well yeah without wow it is hard to grasp... and seeing the reaction of other people it is not as funny as I thought it would be.

Oh well, at least I tried, back to writing :P

DawnAntalios said:
Well yeah without wow it is hard to grasp... and seeing the reaction of other people it is not as funny as I thought it would be.
I'm sure I would have found it funnier if I played Wow. Which I promised myself I would never do.

DawnAntalios said:
I haven't played this expansion much :/ Idk the dungeons, def. Not the raids, to me all the classes seem the same now :( maybe it's cuz I main a hunter and I used to have a purpose. I enjoyed the mechanics and need to cc mobs, and kite stuff. Now I'm just a physical mage. :(

andujarprime said:
I find my inspiration for some characters based on books I read. I think that's what I meant lol
Kallin's general being is loosely based off of my favorite character elements of the lead in a book I read recently. But then the book character deviated from his own character...its was very odd, I still had the spirit of the original character locked in Kallin. To be honest, I like Kallin much better.

andujarprime said:
I find my inspiration for some characters based on books I read. I think that's what I meant lol
Huh, nice. I typically base the personalities of my characters off of bits and pieces of my own personality. I like to think of my characters as extensions of myself.

It's pretty interesting to see how you are doing writing.

I am learning linguistics in uni and we are taught that writers should only be catalysts in works, must not be carried away with their emotions. And I found out that to be true.

Thus I am now going back and modifying my works as I just realized how they are based about my mood back then - it decreases quality.

DawnAntalios said:
It's pretty interesting to see how you are doing writing.
I am learning linguistics in uni and we are taught that writers should only be catalysts in works, must not be carried away with their emotions. And I found out that to be true.

Thus I am now going back and modifying my works as I just realized how they are based about my mood back then - it decreases quality.
I don't agree. I think if you channel your emotions well they can be an inspiration, and I find it actually improves the language of my writing.

I suppose it'd depend on the mood you're in at the time and all.

SilverFlight said:
I don't agree. I think if you channel your emotions well they can be an inspiration, and I find it actually improves the language of my writing.
I don't mean completely excluding your feelings from your writings, that is obviously not possible. What I mean is that you should not want to write an entire chapter or an entire book on a single impulsive emotion you just get in the heat of the moment. It ( rarely ) can be a success but most of the time the inspiration vanishes the moment the feeling vanishes.

This is not a problem in RP stories, on the contrary it is very good there. But not all too useful when you are writing a book in my opinion.

Hey @Lioness075 Did you see Crooked's post about switching up the characters for this fight? He sent a list of pairs and Luness was paired with Achyls, Leandra with Arianne, if that's ok with you I think we should try it, give our characters some interaction with people they don't normally associate with.

Don't change your post, you can just do stuff in your next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back