• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ Sᴛᴇᴇʟ | Calling all ye knights, ladies & courtiers

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

(This will involve joining an existing RP in the nation-builder section. Currently looking for household knights, courtiers, and ladies - so if you want to get killed in a big medieval battle, or sip some wine in a great hall, huzzah. Not accepting new factions, so this would be for characters of lesser social status than the lords that are already present. That isn't to say you can't garner more power and prestige through intrigue, rewards from your overlord, and smart maneuvering. Just don't take a lance to the heart or a dagger in the back, if you can help it... although, sometimes, you can't!)

(Not all of the links below are a necessary read, since you're going to be ICly ignorant to an extent, anyway. There's also more info, but it'd probably be best explained informally. For now, just gauge your interest.)

fate of steel logo.png
Kingdoms | Bestiary | Economics

1698289145115.png
Iɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏғ ғᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴇᴜᴅᴀʟɪsᴍ...

It has been eight months since the death of Agbert II, and the end of the horrible campaign in Valcay. Carmondy's armies retreated to the coast, where they disbanded in haste. Several thousand knights and soldiers were left behind, or chose to stay and defend the last few castles and towns that were under their lords' control. Most of the Valcayan allies of Carmondy - the Rebel Counts - have surrendered, or switched sides back to their king - who has now regained control of most of his country. A small number of Valcayan knights and nobility have gone into exile in Carmondy.

In Carmondy, taxes were raised on all towns and cities under royal charter, in at attempt to recuperate some of the treasury's losses. Several riots were orchestrated by townlings claiming extortion, with the deadliest insurrection occurring in the High City itself. This rebellion in the capital was crushed by royalist forces led by Sir Argane Erhard, who was subsequently appointed as 'Grand Marshal' by King Edmund. The dismembered limbs of the leading agitators now hang from the walls of the capital. The appointment of this new Grand Marshal has led to resentment among several key members of the peerage, who had been expecting a member of their own houses to be chosen, whereas Sir Argane was a relatively obscure noble.

In Fyrdos, King Tharon continues to be undermined by Agbert's successor. He is made to give an oath of fealty to King Edmund, and help cover the expenses for his coronation, as well as Agbert II's funeral. He rules over no capital, merely having an itinerant court that rides along a circuit of towns and castles. Of course, he must also report to his 'handler', the High Magistrate in the Carmon-controlled city of Gwyburgh. Along with the clans and the commons, many knights and lesser lords yearn for open confrontation with Carmondy.

In autumn, no major actions were taken in any of the kingdoms. The harvest - unprofitable as it was - still had to be gathered. Throughout the hard winter months, the lords and their schemes were forced to lie dormant. Now spring - and thus the war season - has come. Already, the king's brother-in-law has been butchered by Duc Selastin, and the standards of treachery have been raised by rogue lords. A wider-scale rebellion brews among the southern barons, rumoured to be seeking to replace Edmund with a Consul. Meanwhile, Fyrdos yearns for freedom in the north.

Where the RP takes place
1698539321496.png

I mean if you need players for the sake of playing and they could go at any moment I'm interested

Interested. I'd likely want to join an existing faction as a learned man of economics and warfare with some semblance of family pedigree in this area, and a general inclination that I am, indeed, my father's son. I generally write characters that are highly proficient fighters, so I'd like to tone that down. More likely a man with a focus on rapier and personal defence in a city setting than any particular preference for the battlefield. A chess player, not a breaker of things.

I mean if you need players for the sake of playing and they could go at any moment I'm interested
Note the slow posting (non)schedule, however! We're over a year old and we're only on page 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back