• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Experienced roleplayer rising from the dead after years, looking to get reacquainted

Hello, everyone that made it here; I'm Hannah. Forgive the lack of aesthetic, I'm still a bit fresh to the site and don't have the patience to learn how to code yet!
Just some quick bits of information you may want to know about me, I'm 25 years old, and I'm still coming off of a lengthy hiatus. I've been back into roleplaying for about a month now, but I'm still finding my footing. Before my 3.5 year break, I roleplayed every day for 14 years, so I do have plenty of experience overall. Also, with the recent pandemic, I've been laidoff indefinitely, and I have a ridiculous amount of free time. If you don't I completely understand, we all still have lives, but I'll definitely be around!

For the sake of being clear and succinct, I'll list out a few "rules" I have. I'm not much of a hard ass, I promise.
  • Please be 18+. I prefer to have a degree of mature content in my roleplays, and it'd feel inappropriate to roleplay with anyone younger!
  • No one-liners, please. I know there's many circumstances where posts will be shorter, due to rapid-fire dialogue or something as such, but it's usually possible to stretch it into a scant paragraph.
  • **And just a note for my own post lengths, I don't usually post the same amount every time. My standard range is 3-9 paragraphs, and 7-9+ paragraphs for introduction, sometimes more and rarely less. I'm not a huge stickler on how much you give, just as long as you put some effort into what's there!
  • Writing is subjective to most, so I won't give rigid specifications, but please put the effort in. Little slips in grammar or punctuation is only human, but there is a threshold when some mistakes become too much. Just put the effort into the quality, not necessarily quantity, and I'll be content!
  • Be flexible! By this I mean, please be someone who's willing to play more than one simple thing. In general, I feel flexibility comes with a good story, in most aspects.
  • This may be the biggest "deal breaker" to people on here; please don't be a person who can only play female or requires doubling to compensate. It's not that I'm against either things, I like to bring a large cast of characters to the table of varying gender and walks of life, and even shift focal points on certain characters, but I feel it goes hand in hand with wanting someone who is flexible.
  • Don't ghost me, I beg of you! I know a large reason people ghost is because the idea of officially breaking things off with another person can be anxiety-inducing (maybe not everybody, but I bet a lot), but I promise you that you will never have to worry about any rage from me over it. Just being told will make me feel far better than if you haven't. This extends to any reason, whether it's because you're uninspired, feel we don't vibe well, or you just hate something about me or my writing. I will never hold it against you, and on that same token, I'll always let you know if my feelings change about anything.

Great! So, since I'd rather not box myself in with specific ideas, I'll give a list of themes and settings I enjoy. If you have something you're wanting to try that you don't see, don't be afraid to ask; I'm open to trying new things, and would love to hear about your ideas, especially if I haven't thought of it.

misc. genre/word bank *suggest anything!
psychological horror / fantasy / modern settings / period settings / organized crime / gritty, dark themes / angst / drama / macabre / greek mythology

select fandoms *ask for more!
Sandman Slim series, by Richard Kadrey / Game of Thrones / Disco Elysium / Fullmetal Alchemist / InuYasha
Anyone who's interested, feel free to shoot me a message right away, or drop a line on the thread. Hope to hear from people.. Thanks for reading! ^^

Last edited:
Hi! Would love to do some modern plot with sprinkles of gritty crime and drama if you're still available ^^

Hi, Hannah! I'm in the same boat: I rp-ed every single day back in the day and am now out of hiatus due to extra free time from the lockdown. If you're still interested, I'd be down for a gritty, dark modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back