• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3e: What Falls at Greyfalls (DB game) [OOC]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Also, I believe I got most all my stuff figured out.

All I need now is to assign my last specialty, and write out my characters background.

Rewriting background now that Immaculate Training was replaced with Athletics and Dodge for mobility. Looking like his secondary school is Pasiap's Stair.

Also, wishlist added. That'll keep me pretty busy for a campaign's worth.

Yup! I need something to keep from dying, lol goodness knows I'll need it.

Alrighty!

Background is finished! A bit long winded and a little rushed, but I think it will do.

Aside from one minor thing, I believe I am done! And I did it all in my own. I'm a big boy now!

Let me know if you all see anything I need to fix.

Btw, where I can I find about resonant and dissonant traits, and how to know if you are dissonant to something?

Check the early section of Arms of the Chosen. Dragon-Blooded are only Resonant with Jade and Dissonant with Soulsteel.

Ugh... I think I'm finally at my limit today. Writer's block on background and trying to come up with a shorter name. Hopefully, I'll have better luck after some sleep. Trait dots, charms, and merits are all mostly done, save for a few extra points to spend.

Check the early section of Arms of the Chosen. Dragon-Blooded are only Resonant with Jade and Dissonant with Soulsteel.

Thanks!

Also, doing a bit more digging. Empty Mind Style would have been perfect for the early concept I was going for. Definitely in tune asthetically with a lazy person.

Ugh... I think I'm finally at my limit today. Writer's block on background and trying to come up with a shorter name. Hopefully, I'll have better luck after some sleep. Trait dots, charms, and merits are all mostly done, save for a few extra points to spend.
Oh yeah!

I found this, it's what I used as a name Generator. Maybe you can find some good names in there!

So after having some time to myself to think, I've decided to rejoin this RP, with the same character. Because I like the rest of you a lot.

So, I have an idea...

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , are you ok with me setting a character with the ambition of creating a new idealized animal species? The mechanical vehicle would be a sorcerous working, when it'd be time to implement. Pretty much all of the enhancements I can think of appear to align with merits as written (as far as I can remember). I'd think the means would involve the blood of a lunar, appropriately aspected elementals, magic metals, and other animal specimens as a blueprint.

Last edited:
Basic idea sent. I just like the idea of creating truly legendary war mounts in terms of capability.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Did you think any about my question regarding a joon battle specialty?

And if we get with you, and go through the story to develop it. Are you allowing any custom charms and evocations?

Not to overwhelm you on this issue as well. Would it be reasonable to leverage Craft-Cooking for brewing fairly basic beverages as well or would I need a more specialized skill for Brewing or Alchemy for rolls like making tea, coffee, or eventually alcohol?

FWIW, Alchemy, Woodworking, Artifacts, and others are on my list to grab dots for... eventually...

D. Rex D. Rex You can take a Join Battle Specialty
I would allow custom Charms and possibly Evocations, but not for now. Do note that one of the books Onyx Path is working on is a companion to the Dragon-Blooded book, which I believe will have some more Charms.

Rykon Rykon I will allow Cooking to be used for brewing, possibly with a 1 difficulty increase, for some beverages.

D. Rex D. Rex You can take a Join Battle Specialty
I would allow custom Charms and possibly Evocations, but not for now. Do note that one of the books Onyx Path is working on is a companion to the Dragon-Blooded book, which I believe will have some more Charms.

Rykon Rykon I will allow Cooking to be used for brewing, possibly with a 1 difficulty increase, for some beverages.
Cant wait for it!

And I'm in no rush to create charms.

My idea was that over the course of the story, Lugara begins deal with the limitations of the style and stormbringer. Like hitting a glass ceiling of how far he can push his exaltation.

Part of this representing his turn to finding his own initiative and ambition as, and developing as a character. But rather than give up and try something else, the water aspect in him revels at challenge and the problem to be solved, and to turn what once was a hindrance into strengths. With an ultimate eventual motivation to tame Stormcaller and bring the nature of the Water aspect into the sword style he has taken.

Also! Given that he recently recieved Stormcaller. Could you tell me how much he would know about it? I would think it would still be a mystery to him. And I am thinking it would be fun to have him fight with it while it is still in the scabbard until he learns how to tame the sheathing of the sword, learning it requires a purification ritual, as it also hurts his allies when it isnt purified. This way, over time, the sword sort of "grows" with him.

He saw it killing some of the Wyld Hunt when the Solar sheathed it, but it didn't touch him. Other than that, he has seen it in action, but has failed to unlock it, yet.

Lovely! That will be a fun start to play around with. Gonna shatter all the ribs and break all the noses!

Also! While I didn't add it to the background, since I couldn't find a good place to mention it. Lugara has not had good experiences on the rare times his tale was discovered. Hence the intimacy of hiding it.

I am finished I believe (barring any oversights). I've added a familiar and suitably over-the-top obsession to drive the character forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back