• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3e: What Falls at Greyfalls (DB game) [OOC]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Sure. that could well be the reason you've been sent there
Just another reason to add to the list :)
Is it something that would have to be born with, or happens upon exaltation?

Two other questions!

1. Shining Ice Mirror, is a reaper Daiklave, while it doesn't say its Solar specific, all mentions of the evocations refer to the wielder as Solar. Would this mean it is Solar Specific?

2. Spring Razor is a daiklave, however the style I am intending to use requires the use of a reaper Daiklave. Would it be granted, for maybe at the expense of an extra artifact point, to have it be a Reaper Daiklave instead?

These are all theoretical of course! As I am deciding between Single Point that Strikes the Void style and Water Dragon Style. Leaning to the former, but after rereading the terrestrial penalties got me currently on the fence.

Last edited:
Got most of the dots in place for attributes, abilities, and merits. Added intimacies and a background summary. I'm super tired and it's probably not as cohesive as it should be. So I'll extract the brain hiccups after some much-needed sleep.

Feedback is certainly appreciated.

I noticed that Psychie Psychie also seems to have done an "army officer" type character. With that in mind, should I go with a different concept, or keep to the one I suggested in the recruitment thread?

Might be interesting, two members of House Cathak, and the impetuousness of a Fire Aspect against the patience of an Earth Aspect.

Last edited:
I can't speak for Psychie, but in my opinion an earth focused warrior will naturally have notable differences in style and focus than a fire one.

Fire aspects will tend toward high mobility, and dueling. Earth Aspects will tend toward low mobility and control actions (Smashing, knock down, grappling, disarm). Obviously this isn't an absolute, just a tendency if you want to leverage charms of your native aspect.

Outside of small scale combat, there are other differences worth noting... Does the character focus on strategems or command actions? Does the character train other troops?

I suspect there is sufficient space to carve out a unique niche, but that is for both of you to judge, I think.

Last edited:
Thanks. In truth, I'm mainly looking to learn White Reaper Style. I'm thinking of changing my secondary school to one other than the House of Bells, mainly because I don't plan for my character to be an archer, and as far as I can see, Melee would be redundant with Martial Arts.

An Earth Aspect Dragon-Blooded with White Reaper Style... I can definitely see why his House might mistrust him.
And would be interesting to see who taught him.

An Earth Aspect Dragon-Blooded with White Reaper Style... I can definitely see why his House might mistrust him.
And would be interesting to see who taught him.
I'm not entirely familiar with the lore; why would they mistrust him?

It's most prolific practitioners are the Lunar Exalted, though I see no reason why Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded would discard it entirely. It is designed to be used on a battlefield after all.

FWIW, since I brought up mobility, I noticed my pools for it are garbage. Going to take a second look at some options.

Some answers:

1. Shining Ice Mirror, wouldn't be Solar specific, but I would say that the Special Activation are for Solars only.

2. Spring Razor is not a Reaper Daiklaive. I would rule against it being turned into one.

3. You could look into Stormcaller from Arms of the Chosen, perhaps it will fit your character.

4. The Dragon-Blooded wouldn't discard White Reaper Style, but it doesn't mean that you won't get some looks and suspicions at using it.

If you have a question that hasn't been answered, please, point me to it, and i'll answer it

4. The Dragon-Blooded wouldn't discard White Reaper Style, but it doesn't mean that you won't get some looks and suspicions at using it.

Thanks, though I'm planning to take up a Grand Goremaul now, and have my character stay at the House of Bells.

Stormcaller! Holy crap, that's a five star artifact.

It would be pretty epic if I was allowed to have it at the start though. And was actually eyeing that for later game.

You'd be missing resonance bonuses, but it is ridiculously powerful. Unfortunately it doesn't work well with an iaijutsu like style (SPSitV) given that resheathing it causes problems.

Stormcaller! Holy crap, that's a five star artifact.

It would be pretty epic if I was allowed to have it at the start though. And was actually eyeing that for later game.

You COULD have it at the start... But there are a few stipulations to it:
1. I want an interesting story of how he came to possess it. Preferably doing so on his way, or after arriving at Greyfalls.

2. No Evocations for it have been purchased yet.

3. Show me an interesting character to use it. (and possibly abuse it)

You COULD have it at the start... But there are a few stipulations to it:
1. I want an interesting story of how he came to possess it. Preferably doing so on his way, or after arriving at Greyfalls.

2. No Evocations for it have been purchased yet.

3. Show me an interesting character to use it. (and possibly abuse it)

You gave me just the inspiration I needed. And my character a something to spark his ambition.

I'll do my best to give you that and more, boss. I will see to it that it will be more than just a prop.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

I have my concept.

He was to participate in a Wyld hunt on his way to Greyfalls.

He and the hunters with him encountered a powerful Solar, a Zenith who was a grandmaster of Single Point that Strikes the Void. The wielder of Stormcaller.

The interaction between the Zenith and the Lazy Swordsman, lead to an exchange that would change the swordsman's life.

They dueled. The Zenith tested the curious swordsman, and liked what he saw. He saw untapped greatness. A legend to be. But only if he could survive.

In the final epic clash, a final test, the Zenith sheathed Stormcaller. And the only one left alive, was the Lazy Swordsman, having earned a positive tie in that short amount of time.

The Zenith understood the Water Aspect through the fuel. Read the Lazy Swordsman through every movement.

The Lazy Swordsman needed to be pushed. Needed a challenge to achieve what destiny had in story, for good or ill. In that final clash, the Lazy Swordsman had too read the Grandmaster, and in a desperate gambit he blocked with a sword and struck with the scabbard. The sword shattered and the arm was severed, but the scabbard struck as true as it possibly could have against the Grandmaster. Striking only hair. Actually slicing off part of the Zeniths fu-man-chu with that scabbard.

The Zenith gave the Lazy Swordsman Stormacaller. Threw it to the ground where the Lazy swordsman knelt. And walked away with a single promise, that they would meet again, and that the Zenith was looking forward to it.

I can write up the scene, if you would like. To give further context and drama.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back