• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Been busy with family stuff. I'll try to get caught up and post today.

Oh, interesting. I put down the same age as Xandra, but now I realize that we're all ~26 or older, so it's been five years since we graduated. I was thinking of Asuna as a new grad (turns out there's no Dynastic grad school), but she's actually been a commissioned officer in the legions for five years. She graduated just as the Empress vanished, and she would have served in the legions for, what was it, two years before they were gutted and distributed amongst the Great Houses? That probably netted her quite the promotion. She may have even had to kill her Dragonlord if they went rogue when the legions were recalled.

I'm not sure what rank Asuna would hold at this point. Perhaps she's on the general staff of her legion or attached to her Dragonlord to learn from them.

Psychie Psychie do you want to have served together in the IVth Legion or something prior to the point we split to serve in our respective House legions?

Incidentally that also means Satori is younger than us. I had been thinking of her as in her 30s or 40s, much more experienced and powerful than we were, but it turns out we're all older than she is. Does that mean she graduated after the Empress had vanished?

Satori became satrap a year before the Empress vanished, so she would have graduated before then.

Wow, didn't expect to see you all playing together still XD. Hope you all are doing well!

Hey there Kalin. I'm alright here. Hope you're doin well yourself. We're in different games than before, but similar plots to take over the world and whatnot.

As for the IC stuff, given the timing, it sounded like the current conversation in the last two posts was happening in front of the Satrap. I will say caveating a few to several posts as secret whispers via charms would get a bit obnoxious I'd imagine.

Were that the case though, it might have mild consequences, but I see no sign of the Satrap herself being unpatriotic (yet). To Random's point though, any of the advisors are wild cards. One must stay suspicious of everyone in the game of Spanish Inquisition. At least until the key agitator is brought to justice.

I'm currently working on my next post, but with all the stuff I have to reply to right now, it'll be up tomorrow at the earliest.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and give you all 5xp, what with the completion of our first "scene" (arriving in Kandara, meeting the satrap).

Also also, anyone who wishes to disguise themselves as something besides a Dynast, I am going to have to ask you to make an Intelligence + Larceny roll, to determine the disguise's quality. I will however let each of you have a Larceny score of 2 in place of your characters' actual Larceny ratings, to represent the support of the palace staff - or your own servants - in this endeavor.

I'm currently working on my next post, but with all the stuff I have to reply to right now, it'll be up tomorrow at the earliest.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and give you all 5xp, what with the completion of our first "scene" (arriving in Kandara, meeting the satrap).
Is the points regular xp, or is it Dragon xp? Just want to know how to properly record it.

Random Word Random Word
The private room in the teahouse, is that where Asuna's going to meet with the "small group of well to do notables" she got her servants to gather?

Yes, That's the plan. She wants to convince them to organize the festival under some pretext - possibly that some other Dynast wants to court the Satrap and so has decided to lavish gifts upon her, one of which is this festival. Asuna would then be posing as a mortal functionary tasked with seeing this gift delivered. It's important to Asuna that the revolutionaries, should they exist, feel no guilt about stealing some of the money, so she wants it to be known it's Dynast money, just not her money. As a corrupt functionary Asuna can pitch this as a business opportunity where everyone present can make quite a bit of money - the Dynast she represents is so rich and distant they'll never notice.

Yes, That's the plan. She wants to convince them to organize the festival under some pretext - possibly that some other Dynast wants to court the Satrap and so has decided to lavish gifts upon her, one of which is this festival. Asuna would then be posing as a mortal functionary tasked with seeing this gift delivered. It's important to Asuna that the revolutionaries, should they exist, feel no guilt about stealing some of the money, so she wants it to be known it's Dynast money, just not her money. As a corrupt functionary Asuna can pitch this as a business opportunity where everyone present can make quite a bit of money - the Dynast she represents is so rich and distant they'll never notice.

Okay. Just give me time to work it into the chronicle.

Speaking of, do you mind if I hold off on addressing that thing for a bit? Just because when I next post regarding Manato, it'll be for events taking place before Asuna left him to attend the meeting.

It's only a minor quibble, but Manato is actually a Fire Aspect and not Wood.

I'll have an IC post up shortly. Time to get another angle on how things are progressing in Kandara.

It's only a minor quibble, but Manato is actually a Fire Aspect and not Wood.

I'll have an IC post up shortly. Time to get another angle on how things are progressing in Kandara.

Apologies. Corrected it.

Hey all. Just wanted to say a quick thanks for being so enthused about this game.

jaydude jaydude I was hoping Harun might know of any mercenaries that could be trusted, or another connected contact who who dealt with mercenaries. I take it the answer I'm being given is that we'll have to recruit and filter applicants on our own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back