• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also, I don't mean to nag, but could all of you please specify the source(s) of your Resources ratings on your character sheets? I don't need much, just a short sentence explaining how/why you earn so much or so little, seeing as the standard Dynast stipend is three dots.

Also, I don't mean to nag, but could all of you please specify the source(s) of your Resources ratings on your character sheets? I don't need much, just a short sentence explaining how/why you earn so much or so little, seeing as the standard Dynast stipend is three dots.

Went ahead and added this

Resource: Sponsor and allowance by the Ledaal family, investing in his career as a warstrider pilot.

jaydude jaydude
Would Ledaal Fel know Ledaal Sengon? I'm not sure how tight the dynast families so don't know how well they'd know others with the same family name.

jaydude jaydude
Would Ledaal Fel know Ledaal Sengon? I'm not sure how tight the dynast families so don't know how well they'd know others with the same family name.
I'm up for this idea. They could theoretically have gotten to know each other before and/or during primary school, though they would likely have belonged to different households. After that though, they might not have seen each other for years, what with them attending different secondary schools, and Sengon becoming involved with the Immaculate Order afterwards.

I'm up for this idea. They could theoretically have gotten to know each other before and/or during primary school, though they would likely have belonged to different households. After that though, they might not have seen each other for years, what with them attending different secondary schools, and Sengon becoming involved with the Immaculate Order afterwards.
Lol thats up to you, boss, I'm all good with that.

Does them having the same family name mean they are related?

Does them having the same family name mean they are related?

To an extent, yes. They're both descended from the original Ledaal, one of the granddaughters of the Scarlet Empress. But Ledaal herself died centuries ago, and her family would have branched out at least several hundred times by then, as her children and then grandchildren produced children and grandchildren of their own, and so on.

To an extent, yes. They're both descended from the original Ledaal, one of the granddaughters of the Scarlet Empress. But Ledaal herself died centuries ago, and her family would have branched out at least several hundred times by then, as her children and then grandchildren produced children and grandchildren of their own, and so on.

So pretty distant. Would they consider themselves related or more like in the same faction?

I think that at the very least, they'd have some common ground between them. While Dynasts in the Immaculate Order are expected to place loyalty to the Order above loyalty to their Great House, they're also encouraged to maintain ties with their family, so that the Order can make use of any connections they may have. Plus, the Immaculate Order's goals are hardly incompatible with those of House Ledaal, seeing as the main shtick of the latter is resisting Anathema.

Anything beyond that is honestly up to you. I might be the Storyteller here, but Fel is your character. His background is your choice.

I think that at the very least, they'd have some common ground between them. While Dynasts in the Immaculate Order are expected to place loyalty to the Order above loyalty to their Great House, they're also encouraged to maintain ties with their family, so that the Order can make use of any connections they may have. Plus, the Immaculate Order's goals are hardly incompatible with those of House Ledaal, seeing as the main shtick of the latter is resisting Anathema.

Anything beyond that is honestly up to you. I might be the Storyteller here, but Fel is your character. His background is your choice.
Is Fel part of the immaculate order?

Not a problem, just a bit of laziness on my part.

Reminds me, at some point soon I'm going to need to raise Manato's Bureaucracy and Socialize to catch up to the other primary abilities.

jaydude jaydude

Assuming the Amercer rank for the wyld hunt since it is backing ●●,
Hosted Shikari/ Amercers (Backing [Wyld Hunt] •/••)

• The majority of any cadre are Hosted Shikari (•) and Amercers (••) - the latter being experienced Shikari who have survived campaigns against at least four Anathema. Both are highly praised as they have dedicated their lives to the Wyld Hunt, having given the Wyld Hunt all their personal belongings and valuables. For their dedication, they are supported by the Wyld Hunt and are the first to recieve the resources for any campaign.
and just made up a name for the warstrider he was to pilot.

Rykon Rykon
Can I assume that Manato's Contacts rating applies to the region around Kandara?

Rykon Rykon
Can I assume that Manato's Contacts rating applies to the region around Kandara?
Probably. Maybe centered around the south-eastern coast territories. Right now I'm trying to expand his roster of business partners through play. Hopefully get a cadre of Guildsmen, Dynasts, Patricians, and maybe even other Threshold Exalts like Lookshyans to help build a growing financial empire that's a little more insulated from Cold Civil War fallout.

In character, it'd be no secret to the party if others want to comment, participate, or whatever. Manato would express the desire to keep operations more above-board than some of the hard drug intoxicant businesses that others in his house profit from. I'd imagine there'd be the expectation of enough scandals just in social gatherings themselves. Better to keep a "nest egg" investment in a lower risk category.

Probably. Maybe centered around the south-eastern coast territories. Right now I'm trying to expand his roster of business partners through play. Hopefully get a cadre of Guildsmen, Dynasts, Patricians, and maybe even other Threshold Exalts like Lookshyans to help build a growing financial empire that's a little more insulated from Cold Civil War fallout.

In character, it'd be no secret to the party if others want to comment, participate, or whatever. Manato would express the desire to keep operations more above-board than some of the hard drug intoxicant businesses that others in his house profit from. I'd imagine there'd be the expectation of enough scandals just in social gatherings themselves. Better to keep a "nest egg" investment in a lower risk category.

That's fine. I'm planning to have at least two other Cynis Dynasts operating within the area, and wanted to ascertain whether or not he might know them or know of them, and vice-versa.

When you say "south-eastern coast territories", do you mean the coasts of the Blessed Isle? Or the coasts of the inland sea, i.e. the Threshold?

jaydude jaydude
Red rule schmed rule. Ain't nothing phases me.

What's the the wording of the charm she is using so I can react accordingly?

"The Dragon-Blood radiates desirability and enchanting allure. She makes a persuade roll to seduce a single target. Overcoming his Resolve also instills him with a Minor Tie of lust or desire toward her unless he spends Willpower to resist.

In Fire Aura, the Dragon-Blood may convert up to (Essence) bonus dice added by her Appearance (Exalted, p. 218) to non-Charm bonus successes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back