• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
That's fine. I'm planning to have at least two other Cynis Dynasts operating within the area, and wanted to ascertain whether or not he might know them or know of them, and vice-versa.

When you say "south-eastern coast territories", do you mean the coasts of the Blessed Isle? Or the coasts of the inland sea, i.e. the Threshold?

"The Dragon-Blood radiates desirability and enchanting allure. She makes a persuade roll to seduce a single target. Overcoming his Resolve also instills him with a Minor Tie of lust or desire toward her unless he spends Willpower to resist.

In Fire Aura, the Dragon-Blood may convert up to (Essence) bonus dice added by her Appearance (Exalted, p. 218) to non-Charm bonus successes."
Its safe to say his resolve is overcome.

Its safe to say his resolve is overcome.

Yeah. I did check your character sheet before posting, to determine whether or not I should have her use an Excellency.

And appearance over the targets count as extra success? Is that how appearance works?

You get a dice bonus of 1 for every point of Appearance you have over the target's Resolve, but not automatic successes. So that gives her four bonus dice.

That's fine. I'm planning to have at least two other Cynis Dynasts operating within the area, and wanted to ascertain whether or not he might know them or know of them, and vice-versa.

When you say "south-eastern coast territories", do you mean the coasts of the Blessed Isle? Or the coasts of the inland sea, i.e. the Threshold?

"The Dragon-Blood radiates desirability and enchanting allure. She makes a persuade roll to seduce a single target. Overcoming his Resolve also instills him with a Minor Tie of lust or desire toward her unless he spends Willpower to resist.

In Fire Aura, the Dragon-Blood may convert up to (Essence) bonus dice added by her Appearance (Exalted, p. 218) to non-Charm bonus successes."
The Threshold. Though that got me looking at the Blessed Isle. Pangu, the seat of House Cynis is located at the East as well, albeit more toward the north end.

The Threshold. Though that got me looking at the Blessed Isle. Pangu, the seat of House Cynis is located at the East as well, albeit more toward the north end.

Ta. Just wanted to know so that I could determine how likely events in the Threshold would affect him.

I tossed a bunch of background dots into Resource 5 and Contacts 5, trying to represent a favoured scion of one of the wealthier and more powerful Sesus families. She performed exceptionally well in both her official and unofficial studies, and there's a crushing weight of expectations on her shoulders. In return, she has a lavish stipend and not unfettered but broad and discretionary access to the family intelligence networks. Asuna holds tokens of favour and esteem from several Masked Councillors and lesser Masks. I imagine her grandmother basically runs the Southern Direction of the Sesus spy network, and her mother is her clear successor, but due to the curious two-layer power structure of the House even Asuna may not know for certain this is the reason she's received these tokens. I imagine the tokens are necessary precisely because no one knows who the true power brokers are in House Sesus, so they need some way of anonymously distributing favour. So she knows her mother and grandmother are both very influential members of the family, but not who they are in the complex shadow power structure. Asuna's handler in the game of masks may well be her mother - permitted to be affectionate and supportive in her masked persona where she must be cold and intimidating in her public capacity - or it could be someone else entirely.

Effectively Asuna is Realm spy royalty and even the All-Seeing Eye would pay attention if she asked for help. I wasn't sure if I should put that in as Contacts or Influence or Backing - or maybe I need to buy all three to represent that? Contacts seemed the best representation of 'spy network'.

If you think Resources 5 is excessive for the stipend of even a favoured recent grad, I can drop it lower. She hasn't had much time to build up personal business ventures and fiefdoms having only just graduated. I can also replace Contacts with something more appropriate, or redistribute the dots to more Backgrounds as appropriate. Picking the right rating for Contacts is tricky. It's a very vague one.

Random Word Random Word
Nah, I don't need you to make any changes. I just wanted an explanation, and you've provided a perfectly plausible one.

So did Jiara straight up fall in this timeline? I thought Mnemon swept in and laid down the law, leaving the capital mostly in rubble and launching a campaign to retake the Satrapy - or was that a 2e thing? It's so hard to keep track sometimes.

So did Jiara straight up fall in this timeline? I thought Mnemon swept in and laid down the law, leaving the capital mostly in rubble and launching a campaign to retake the Satrapy - or was that a 2e thing? It's so hard to keep track sometimes.

I'm following what little I know of 3E canon, based on what I've read in the Player Handbook, Dragon-blooded book, and Realm book. As far as I'm aware, Jiara was taken by the forces of what I assume to be 3E's signature Solar Circle (Volfer, Perfect Soul, and so on), but Mnemon arrived with three of her legions and retook the capital city, and is currently warring with the Circle over the satrapy. That's the case in this chronicle, but while I don't know how much of that news would realistically have reached Kandara by now, you can assume that Asuna at least knows what's going on through her connections to the Sesus spy network.

Last edited:
Heading off to bed now, way later than I should've, I fear. You lot have fun while I'm gone.

jaydude jaydude
Just out of curiosity. How viciously mauled will I get if I go up against a tyrant lizard or ox beast?

No clue. I've never run that particular kind of fight before. But if it makes you feel any better, I will have a group of mounted archers accompany you and Satori, should you choose to join her. They should be able to help bring down any dangerous beasts.

No clue. I've never run that particular kind of fight before. But if it makes you feel any better, I will have a group of mounted archers accompany you and Satori, should you choose to join her. They should be able to help bring down any dangerous beasts.
It would make me feel better to hunt a tyrant lizard using a warstrider.

But, I'm not know for taking the smartest path. Just the most fun.

*le sigh* the things I do for a pretty pair of... eyes.

Welp! To my doom them. At the very least I hope to not look stupid in front of the Satrap.

Who knows! Maybe she'll get legit interested in him if I do well enough.

It would make me feel better to hunt a tyrant lizard using a warstrider.

But, I'm not know for taking the smartest path. Just the most fun.

*le sigh* the things I do for a pretty pair of... eyes.

Welp! To my doom them. At the very least I hope to not look stupid in front of the Satrap.

Who knows! Maybe she'll get legit interested in him if I do well enough.

She's not making a Persuade action against him, so you can decline without any issue, and you'll no doubt have a chance to talk with her later on in the day. But if you still want to accompany her despite your misgivings, it's your funeral.

She's not making a Persuade action against him, so you can decline without any issue, and you'll no doubt have a chance to talk with her later on in the day. But if you still want to accompany her despite your misgivings, it's your funeral.

I'm not without making an informed decision. Being essence 2, She isn't really all that stronger than Fel if she is at all, yet she is going out there just the same. What dangers applying to Fel would also apply to her. So should it be Fels funeral, odds are it will be hers as well. And being the Satrap, it is expected for her to be well guarded.

And if SHE is biting off more than she can chew, gives Fel the chance to sweep in and win some points with her.

The bigger question is do YOU want to write for two different events, the hunt with Satori and the festival. As the ST, I respect your wishes in direction should you want to take certain paths, and it is very easy for me to reason him going either way. Alternatively, you could spare yourself the trouble of writing the hunt, and insinuate what happens instead without having to go through with a large scale battle.

If we do decide to split, I'd assume Xandra might find the challenge of a Tyrant Lizard exciting, while Larissa might want to join an effort to investigate the source of unrest in Kandara's citizenry. At least, that'd seem like a reasonable division of talent to me.

Looks like we might get the chance to wrestle with a Sidereal conspiracy y'all.

I personally don't mind splitting things up between two storylines, so no need to worry on my account in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back