• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I like being a kinship, but I'm not set on it.

Asuna definitely needed help to get through the physical components of the curriculum at the House of Bells. Bribes, blackmail, subterfuge, and poisoning opponents can take you far, but sometimes your grade depends on a pairs elimination tournament and your bracket includes a Cynis and a Ragara so you can't poison, bribe, or blackmail them. Having carefully cultivated a reputation for being utterly incompetent at anything physical, and having very nearly received reprimands for how obviously opponents had to throw matches in order to lose (The alternative was being poisoned or blackmailed), what is a long suffering Dynast to do?

Well, if you have to participate in an honest fight *shudder* you find someone to carry you. Someone so competent no one will have trouble believing they could win outnumbered two to one. Naturally opponents aimed to eliminate the weak link first, and it was more blind luck than anything that Asuna's incompetent flailing inadvertently left assailants wide open to counterattacks from her partner.

In return she can offer invites to all the best parties, hers not least amongst them, an excellent alchemical cocktail for sleeping through class while appearing to be awake, and copies of all the tests several days in advance, even the surprise ones.

Does anyone want to have been Asuna's, "Daana’d grant me strength, they want us to run how far tomorrow? Carry me," friend who she is eternally grateful to for getting her through school without unduly embarrassing her family. Perks of friendship include free initiative at the start of fights and free decisive attacks from Tiger-and-Dragon Combination.

Yes, I'm all done mechanically and ready to start.

Larissa is a monk from the House of Bells, so unless we have bumped shoulders there, it will most likely be that our time together has been on this journey together.

Larissa is a monk from the House of Bells, so unless we have bumped shoulders there, it will most likely be that our time together has been on this journey together.

Fel is from the Heptagram. But I could see him having done some studying at the House of Bells too.

Fel is also partakes in the family tradition of hunting anathema. So working with soldiers, graduates of house of Bells, and others could be easy to think up.

jaydude jaydude

You asked about how I intended to use influence and backing. And it would be mostly in relation to being a warstrider pilot.

Influence being. He's a warstrider pilot. And warstriders are big deals. He is a rookie and just starting, but it says something that he can pilot one.

For backing, the Ledaal family has invested in his career. With Ledaal being heavily involved in Wyld Hunts and protecting the empire from the wyld and anathema in general, having a warstrider to their name would go a long way in doing what they see as their duty. Not to mention his study has lead him to be one of the few able to work on them.

Altogether, it is to see that Fel isn't dismissed as some overconfident whacko. He has enough credentials that even a stingy Ragara Dynast won't right him off should they need an emergency warstrider pilot. They know he knows how to pilot it better than some random person, so won't crash a valuable asset. And with the Ledaal family remaining pretty nuetral, and no interest in taking the throne, that with Fel being a Ledaal they can assume some initial degree of trust that he won't use it against them.

My intent being to use the merits to help allievate some of the headaches that might arise in using the warstrider on the political amd administrative front. And to help you from having to bend over backwards to make it happen.

TL/DR So Fel won't get laughed out of the room.

jaydude jaydude

You asked about how I intended to use influence and backing. And it would be mostly in relation to being a warstrider pilot.

Influence being. He's a warstrider pilot. And warstriders are big deals. He is a rookie and just starting, but it says something that he can pilot one.

For backing, the Ledaal family has invested in his career. With Ledaal being heavily involved in Wyld Hunts and protecting the empire from the wyld and anathema in general, having a warstrider to their name would go a long way in doing what they see as their duty. Not to mention his study has lead him to be one of the few able to work on them.

Altogether, it is to see that Fel isn't dismissed as some overconfident whacko. He has enough credentials that even a stingy Ragara Dynast won't right him off should they need an emergency warstrider pilot. They know he knows how to pilot it better than some random person, so won't crash a valuable asset. And with the Ledaal family remaining pretty nuetral, and no interest in taking the throne, that with Fel being a Ledaal they can assume some initial degree of trust that he won't use it against them.

My intent being to use the merits to help allievate some of the headaches that might arise in using the warstrider on the political amd administrative front. And to help you from having to bend over backwards to make it happen.

TL/DR So Fel won't get laughed out of the room.
Okay, sure, that should be all fine. And I appreciate that you're doing it partly for my sake. :)

Random Word Random Word

I was thinking! With your char being a master strategist, if we could find a way to communicate through distance, I bet Asuna could do some really awesome plans directing what to do with the warstrider. Fel would really need that sort of help since.

Random Word Random Word

I was thinking! With your char being a master strategist, if we could find a way to communicate through distance, I bet Asuna could do some really awesome plans directing what to do with the warstrider. Fel would really need that sort of help since.
Totally agreed. Both Random Words and I added Wind Carried Words for that purpose. I at least presume on Random Words' part.

Totally agreed. Both Random Words and I added Wind Carried Words for that purpose. I at least presume on Random Words' part.
Thank goodness. Because I'm just starting to realize how fragile the warstriders are AND realizing we are going up against solar and liners... And learning that exalts can rip open warstrider hulls to start attacking the pilot... and I can't easily spot small targets so can't pick out the solars unless they are in anima. And without coordination will likely do as much harm as good.

3bsied.png

I'm also becoming about 31% sure that the main reason yellow are okay with me going warstrider is because yall have firsthand experience and know I'm going to get rickety-rickety rekt the moment I charge into a group of exalts.

Lol I have not looked at the rules for Warstriders in 3e in detail to know how one will stack up against another Exalt.

Lol I have not looked at the rules for Warstriders in 3e in detail to know how one will stack up against another Exalt.
Me either.

But I do remember some of the devastating anti-material and anti-giant-thing solar charms in 2e. And a few of the mean 3e lunar charms that would be even more mean in legendary sized lunar kaiju.

Don't forget that you will have a load of armor to soak any hits that come your way, and your weapons do a shit-ton of damage. That doesn't even count your Charms that can boost those numbers even higher.

In 2e, any Charm that you had that would work in armor would work in a Warstrider. If the same apples in 3e, that is pretty awesome.

Don't forget that you will have a load of armor to soak any hits that come your way, and your weapons do a shit-ton of damage. That doesn't even count your Charms that can boost those numbers even higher.

In 2e, any Charm that you had that would work in armor would work in a Warstrider. If the same apples in 3e, that is pretty awesome.
Yeah. But solars, man. As in plural. And who knows how many.

From what I understand, the only charms I can't use, are ones that effect hardness and soak. About any attack charm should be okay. Even ones that add strength to its already super high strength.

However! Since I have to manage into being a pilot, and repairman, I'm going to be lacking a lot of good charms to start with. Having sunk a lot into craft and occult.

But I'm not without options! I just need to keep myself able to play to its strengths. And if I have gotten my bearings correctly... mobility is Emerald Chevaliers strongest point. Move, rush, aim, impale.

Anything you know about warstriders from 2e that could make for good advice?

Thank goodness. Because I'm just starting to realize how fragile the warstriders are AND realizing we are going up against solar and liners... And learning that exalts can rip open warstrider hulls to start attacking the pilot... and I can't easily spot small targets so can't pick out the solars unless they are in anima. And without coordination will likely do as much harm as good.

View attachment 796205
I had a similar moment of realization when I noticed my character was about to end up as a Socialite with a Resolve of 1... I gotta reach at least a 2.

Warstriders are almost entirely about the Devastation Action. Think of a Warstrider as a nice Daiklave with some neat Evocations that also lets you go to town on a battlegroup as a free action every round (the Devastation Action). They're generally not very effective against individuals, but they can make a serious mess of an army or fortification.

Hmm. I kinda want to hold off on posting for a bit, just in case anyone else wants to react to what's happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back