• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Not to mention the fact that Death of Obsidian Butterflies is a great spell for dealing with battle groups.

It is indeed a lot easier. But trying to cut 5 charms is pretty painful.

As for the sorcery. I'm not sure how it works in this instance. But I think all those prerequisites need to be met before one can learn first age artiface for craft. Im not sure if that specific cost can be split among players.

Mmmm. Good point about not being able split it between players. But now I'm debating on getting sorcery on my own, just because it is pretty cool.

But I think I got 5 that I can cut without feeling too bad about it.

Obsidian butterflies, thirsty devil maw, and mists of eventide. I was thinking of one of those. I really like obsidian butterflies, but I don't have much perception to work with.

Mmmm. Good point about not being able split it between players. But now I'm debating on getting sorcery on my own, just because it is pretty cool.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. I bet it would also making sorcerous works easier too! If we can combine the effort of 2 sorcerers. I have a feeling that we may need to do a few of those.

Well, since we haven't started the game yet, it shouldn't be a problem to tweak my character. Let me take a look at Larissa and see what I need to cut.

Couple more questions!

1.How useful are the Influence and Backing merits?

2. When making purchases, does it remove dots of resources? And how would high resources(4) effect the purchase of items like mundane weapons and armor or low ranked artifacts?

3. To Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Random Word Random Word have we decided if we are starting out as a kindship or not?

2. When making purchases, does it remove dots of resources? And how would high resources(4) effect the purchase of items like mundane weapons and armor or low ranked artifacts?
In my games, I would let you make a large number of low level purchases without affecting your Resources rating. Any large purchase may be sufficient to lower the number of dots you have, at least temporarily. It also depends on just how you define getting your resources in the first place.

To answer the third, do we even know each other yet?

In my games, I would let you make a large number of low level purchases without affecting your Resources rating. Any large purchase may be sufficient to lower the number of dots you have, at least temporarily. It also depends on just how you define getting your resources in the first place.

To answer the third, do we even know each other yet?
That's a good question. And something we should probably discuss.

Also, is it allowed to take the same shape ritual as another player? As in, is there only one talisman of 1000 eyes? Or could it be modified to be a different talisman with similar effects. For example, the talisman of 100 really keen eyes.

I would believe that it would be ok to have the same shaping rituals. There are a lot of spellcasters in Creatioin and only a few rituals listed, after all.

So what are your thoughts on them knowing each other, Sherwood Sherwood

I think it could make for an easy start. A newly formed kinship celebrating with a well earned vacation. Assuming vacation is the reason for the sabbatical.

Very true. But, even if we start out without being a part of some sworn fellowship, we will probably know each other just due to the relatively small number of Dragon Blooded in the Realm. We've probably socialized together in one form or another.

Couple more questions!

1.How useful are the Influence and Backing merits?

1. That really depends on how well you can make use of them in the chronicle. What sort of things were you thinking of getting?

2. If something has a lower Resources value than your current rating, you can buy as many copies of it as you like without issue. As for things with equal Resources value, I'm gonna say that you CAN buy them multiple times without losing Resources dots, but this will most likely have financial consequences, i.e. debt.

Also, you can begin gameplay

Also, is it allowed to take the same shape ritual as another player? As in, is there only one talisman of 1000 eyes? Or could it be modified to be a different talisman with similar effects. For example, the talisman of 100 really keen eyes.

I should think it'd be okay to share shaping rituals, within reason. For example, the Heptagram is bound to have multiple graduates, and as for stuff like the Talisman of 10000 Eyes, I don't see anything that says there can only be one in Creation.

I would think it might be up to jaydude jaydude . He may have plans for us.

The only thing I really have set in stone here is that your characters are all on sabbatical, and have been travelling together since you left the Blessed Isle. Reasons for said sabbaticals and relationships between your characters prior to the chronicle start are entirely up to you, as is the amount of time you've been travelling so far.

Where are we located? Have we arrived at this city, or are we still on the ship?

Assuming it's okay with you lot, I'm actually planning to start you within the city streets, freshly arrived and on your way to the satrap's palace in the wealthier quarter.

We are at your disposal. You are the GREAT AND POWERFUL STORYTELLER and we are merely your players. If you want us at the gates of Malifas, we will do so.

Assuming it's okay with you lot, I'm actually planning to start you within the city streets, freshly arrived and on your way to the satrap's palace in the wealthier quarter.
I'm all good with that.

That just leaves us to decide our relationship. Friends. Arranged marriages. Battle buddies. Newly acquainted. Etc

For relations, not sure what you all would like.

But i can see Fel getting along well with Xandra Psychie Psychie with her having a vendetta against lunars, and Fel's and Ledaal's devotion to the Wyld hunt.

Xandra is very much the soldier, so knowing you were at the same military academy would have her liking you a bit already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back