• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I will go ahead and say yes, you guys would know that the Abyssals are corrupted Solar Shards.

Whoopsie. I was assuming that was still a mystery, and we only knew from the Green Lady/fighting them on rare occasions that they were Celestial tier exaltations associated with the Underworld/Deathlords.

I believe that information is also known to the Sidereals, since they have had much more time to study them in secret.

You do not know where the dig site is, other than it is somewhere near the city of Abalone in the island chain-nation of Wavecrest.

Yes. This time, however, it was simply that the initial communication about the dig never mentioned its exact location.

Okay, I will stop posting until you get back. Otherwise we'll have to start pitching tents while we wait for Xun to open the door.

Thanks for the heads-up about the post. We are in no hurry.

I will have an IC post up soon. Not feeling very motivated at the moment.

Random Word Random Word D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

So what should our approach be? Should our characters be "open" about what we're doing, i.e. claim to be investigating a Dynast's death? Or should we keep quiet about our purpose here? Just asking because there was a bit of disagreement between Insight and Xun about it in the last few IC posts, and I'd like to think that after living for over a hundred years and knowing each other for a lot of that time, our characters would be able to agree on a strategy before landing.

Also, I assumed that Insight's words in IC post 67 were just part of the cover story she'd come up to explain the group's presence. Because given that we're Sidereals, we probably could organize a massive Realm investigation into the matter if we wanted, depending on the rules regarding Resplendent Destinies, and/or whether we can persuade our Yu-Shan superiors to help us out. But for that, we'd either have to have stayed in Yu-Shan, or gone to somewhere on the Blessed Isle instead.

We still have no idea what we're walking into, so I would say some measure of caution is advisable.

RDs can have quite bit of influence behind them, though making them too important will apparently net you Paradox.

If someone who matters in Heaven doesn't owe Insight a favour, they owe a favour to someone who does, so bringing one of the twin hammers of Heaven or the Realm down on problems is her preferred solution to all nails. Presumably any preparations required for whatever plan we enact were done before we left, and can if necessary be covered in flashback. We are Sidereals, after all. We've planned for all eventualities. Yes, even that one. Especially that one.

As this is a process of searching for a secret, Insight will defer to the Divisions of Journeys and Secrets, but if she had it her way she would definitely mobilize all Realm assets to get an exhaustive list of known ruins, a list of known recent expeditions, and to search for any new ruins. Anything we can do by wandering about and looking out the window a million pairs of eyes can do much better.

I must have missed that. Sorry. Just wanted to make sure that I was not making assumptions and screwing up the IC thread.

No need to apologize. In a sense, I myself assumed that Xun had committed to landing at the embassy in that post.

Well, do we still want to land?
Personally I don't mind if we land at the embassy. Seeing as Shi-vash is wearing a Resplendent Destiny of a Mnemon Dynast, and House Mnemon controls the embassy, she might be able to bluff her way past the Dynast in charge by claiming that Mnemon sent her to investigate the dig.

Last edited:
Hmm. I don't want there to be much more debate about where we're going to land, if only to avoid it bogging this game down too much.

That being said, I think it would be best if we flew the airship to the digsite, now that we know where it actually is and don't have to ask anyone. Assuming that everyone else agrees or doesn't mind this, I'm going to have Shi-vash voice this opinion to Xun in my next IC post.

Oh wow. If you have Awareness 5 Expected Pain makes all dice on awareness rolls to detect threats automatic successes for 3m. That's crazy good and I totally missed that. Can I shift some BP around to have retroactively raised my Awareness from 3->5?

At Awareness 3 it does absolutely nothing for awareness rolls, then at 5 it magically becomes amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back