• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Wow that's a lot of attacks. Overdrive pools start empty, and your new attacks won't start filling it until after this turn, so presumably that was 21m peripheral spent on 7 copies of the Excellency, and a -7 DV penalty from launching 7 attacks in non-magical flurries?

It's going to need to spend a lot of motes to Crimson Palm Counterstrike all of those. If it doesn't have an onslaught negator it just doesn't have a DV anymore after all those attacks, though, so you only have to beat its attack roll to hit.

I wasn't aware that the Overdrive Pool started off empty. If it does, I can just say she used Personal or Peripheral Essence.

Also, the text of Charcoal March of Spiders Form states that "In effect, on each action tick the character goes three times, functioning as though three characters were going simultaneously." I figured I'd need to pay for the Excellency for each quote-character-unquote, but that the Excellency would apply to all attacks in a flurry.

Also, Shi-vash has only used Charms with the Combo-Ok tag this turn. If she comes under attack, I can simply have her use Absence to reduce her Dodge DV penalties back to zero.

Yeah, Overdrive pools always start empty.

Yes, it does let you take three turns in a tick, but Instant duration excellencies only ever apply to a single action. Regardless of whether the actions are in a magical flurry, a nonmagical flurry, or crazy Sidereal magic that lets you take three turns simultaneously, Charms that are instant apply to each action independently (unless you have a crazy magical flurry Charm that duplicates Charms on each action for free, which is Solar tier nonsense). If it said 'one tick' for duration, then it would apply to all actions taken that turn.

Oh, yeah, Absence will totally get rid of that DV penalty. Sensible plan.

Yeah, Overdrive pools always start empty.

Yes, it does let you take three turns in a tick, but Instant duration excellencies only ever apply to a single action. Regardless of whether the actions are in a magical flurry, a nonmagical flurry, or crazy Sidereal magic that lets you take three turns simultaneously, Charms that are instant apply to each action independently (unless you have a crazy magical flurry Charm that duplicates Charms on each action for free, which is Solar tier nonsense). If it said 'one tick' for duration, then it would apply to all actions taken that turn.

I see. I've edited my post accordingly. I did specify that Shi-vash was only using the Excellency three times, so I'm just counting the successes as normal for four of my attack rolls now.

Don't Switchklaives have Overwhelming 2 like other Daiklaves? Also your weapon is piercing if it helps, so it halves their soak to 10. Wait, no, that probably doesn't apply to natural soak or whatever it has.

Wonders of the Lost Age doesn't mention Switchklaives as having the Overwhelming tag. And I can't see anything about all daiklaves having Overwhelming in the Player Handbook or Errata. And yes, the Piercing tag only applies to armored soak.

Page 16 of the Errata just added Overwhelming 2 or 3 to basically all the artifacts to make up for Essence ping being taken away. I figure that applies to WotLA as well?

I checked the page you mentioned (last time I just did Ctrl+F for the word "Overwhelming") and yes, the artifacts in the core handbook do have Overwhelming now. I don't see anything there about Switchklaives though. I'd assume that they'd have Overwhelming as well, but I'll wait for Sherwood Sherwood to make a decision.

I will say that for future attacks, the Switchklave will have an Overwhelming rating like the other daiklaves in the book.

Soak is a defense against damage. MDVs are like Parry or Dodge but for social attacks. Social attacks don't usually do damage, but if they do then unless they say otherwise they can be soaked normally.

Hmm. Well I bet I could probably stack quite a bite of mental deficiencies upon the creature. I got a MA charm that lets me strike their psychie and addle their brain with mental issues. Could layer on amnesia or lethargy and delusional schizophrenia.

A delusional, amnesiac, schizophrenic corpse dragon? What could possibly go wrong? It's probably not worse than a sane corpse dragon. What's it going to do? Try to kill us?

A delusional, amnesiac, schizophrenic corpse dragon? What could possibly go wrong? It's probably not worse than a sane corpse dragon. What's it going to do? Try to kill us?
Well, I can either try pummeling it with overwhelming damage, and hope it keels over soon. Or try a different tact. But, I may go normal blows. Sense the combo and mental attack supplements would be quite the bitch and drain me quick.

Sherwood Sherwood so what does 'requires movement' mean for the purposes of Nest of Living Strands (I think that's what the corpse-dragon used on us)? Does that mean take a movement action or is it any action that doesn't involve remaining perfectly still? Flickering Moonsilver Approach lets me teleport to make attacks against anything within 25 yards, so webs couldn't ordinarily constrain me, but these are magic Sidereal webs.

Can we Duck Fate being entangled?

Don't forget that it's also capable of performing Sidereal Martial Arts.

Sherwood Sherwood so what does 'requires movement' mean for the purposes of Nest of Living Strands (I think that's what the corpse-dragon used on us)? Does that mean take a movement action or is it any action that doesn't involve remaining perfectly still? Flickering Moonsilver Approach lets me teleport to make attacks against anything within 25 yards, so webs couldn't ordinarily constrain me, but these are magic Sidereal webs.

Can we Duck Fate being entangled?
I will say that the teleport approach will be able to bypass the strands and get you up to the monster without having to run through the field of negative modifiers.

Overwhelming is the base weapon damage only, correct? So for razor claws, which have a damage of 5. Its overwhelming roll would be 5 die?

Errata says:
Razor Claws: Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +4L/2, Defense +2, Rate 3, Tags: M, O

So Damage +4, Overwhelming 2
Would that stand even if they got a bonus from material? I believe the damage recorded it 8 and 11, for claw and shot.(the original damage of the artifact is 5/8)

Would that also increase the overwhelming?

Sherwood Sherwood
Also! I'm going to use a a charm that let's me flurry at full until I miss or reach 5.

Now! My gauntlets have a special quality. They also function as grappling hooks. Would I have to roll a grapple roll to use it against an enemy if I'm just using it to pull.myself to him even though it counts as a damaging strike? And would such a movement keep me clear of the web penalty?

Would that stand even if they got a bonus from material? I believe the damage recorded it 8 and 11, for claw and shot.(the original damage of the artifact is 5/8)

Would that also increase the overwhelming?
Unfortunately, the Overwhelming does not get increased by the various Magical Material bonuses, just from the various weapon designs.
Also! I'm going to use a a charm that let's me flurry at full until I miss or reach 5.
That is fine.
Now! My gauntlets have a special quality. They also function as grappling hooks. Would I have to roll a grapple roll to use it against an enemy if I'm just using it to pull.myself to him even though it counts as a damaging strike? And would such a movement keep me clear of the web penalty?
For the grapple to work, you'll need to be able to get a successful hit, but that first one will be suffering from the effects of the webbing, which is a -6 dice to your pool. I suggest that you push that first attack as high as you can with Charms, Willpower and Virtues to make the hit. Then you can continue your flurry without the penalty.

We appear to be stuck - Is there something important and possibly obvious in the scene we ought to be investigating? As players we might have forgotten but I imagine it's big and hard to ignore for our characters. Should we be wandering around in the ruins? Or is there a campsite for the dig site that might have journals and logs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back