• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
People please, Resplendant Destinies aren't THAT complicated, and besides, even if you've got a crappy dice pool, just ask your fellow Chosen of Serenity for help... our Anima can grant ourselves, and allies (Essence) successes on Performance rolls.. so you've got 5 auto successes just for asking nicely...

Absolutely, but having an unofficial rule whereby you must schedule an Astrology party where everyone gets together and uses the Serenity power every time anyone wants to do any Astrology strikes me as weird game design. Either come out and say, "No one can do Astrology without a Serenity around, that's their caste thing" or don't design your system so it's weirdly impractical for your average Fate Ninja to Ninja Fate if they don't have a Serenity beside them. Until they master Serenity Sidereal Ways from Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style, anyway. Then anyone can do Astrology.

No one can remember Sidereals. In order to interact with the world meaningfully (say, not have the hotel forget you're checked in and give your room to someone else five minutes later), Sidereals have to don a Resplendent Destiny. For instance, in Sherwood's Solar/Lunar 3e game we've met 'Melinda'. We probably haven't actually met Melinda, we've met a Sidereal wearing a Resplendent Destiny of a Sidereal that she's introduced to us as Melinda. It might even be her real name, you never know. We can remember her Resplendent Destiny, but the real her would just slip from our minds every few minutes. Likewise, when she became Ragara Minerva that was a RD.

When going into Creation if you don't want everyone who isn't a Sidereal or a god to forget you every few minutes, you become someone else they can remember by donning an RD. Does that make sense?

It's basically a reverse disguise, you don this to have people remember you.
Without my Respledent Destiny of Cynic Agava, it would be extremely hard to get close and interact with Dynasts, and would interfere with the whole "Matchmaker" thing to get them married...

Ordinarily you invite your friendly neighbourhood Serenity over for an Astrology party, pick one of your Colleges, make up an RD that fits with the themes of that College, and pray to the Pattern Spiders to give you the RD you created. The Sorcerer covers Exalts, the Treasure Trove teachers, etc. In our case, you can just claim to have any RDs that fit your character's background and Colleges prepared.

What kind of people do you usually walk around Creation pretending to be? Insight usually pretends to be soldiers, generals, Immaculate Monks, or an instructor at the House of Bells, though she has some other RDs for Threshold stuff.

Well. Are Aerial Skiffs even allowed to operate within creation? If not... then being forgotten about would certainly be exactly what Xun would want.

Yup, no RD at all is a perfectly valid way to roll. It won't make them immediately forget about the skiff (though it probably will eventually), but it will make them forget you were on it.

Chejop answers you with a shake of his head. "The Loom is strangely mute on this subject, lending much confusion. But that is why we are sending such a diverse and skilled group out to investigate. Whatever it is, it must be called to task for what has been done. Before you depart, are there any other questions I can answer? Keep in mind that I am operating in a information vacuum right now."

Not to tread on your toes, Sherwood, but Shi-vash and Insight are both at the place where the Golden Baroque is currently docked, rather than in Chejop's office. Or is Chejop coming along to see the group off?

Not to tread on your toes, Sherwood, but Shi-vash and Insight are both at the place where the Golden Baroque is currently docked, rather than in Chejop's office. Or is Chejop coming along to see the group off?
That was a post in answer to your earlier question, so it would have been spoken to you before you left.

That was a post in answer to your earlier question, so it would have been spoken to you before you left.
It's just that you quoted the question Shi-vash asked Insight, who was by the Golden Barque at that moment.

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was directed to the trio of elders. I'll remove the post.

Even the Great and Powerful Sherwood sometimes makes mistakes!

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was directed to the trio of elders. I'll remove the post.

Even the Great and Powerful Sherwood sometimes makes mistakes!
Speaking from experience, I don't think you're quite as bad as me in that regard.

Hmm. Would Shi-vash - and the Sidereals and Yu-Shan as organizations - know that the Abyssals are created from corrupted Solar Exaltations? Just so that I can adjust her response to Insight's words accordingly.

I will go ahead and say yes, you guys would know that the Abyssals are corrupted Solar Shards.

Would there be any issues with flying about an the advanced metal airship across creation? Like, would it he confiscated or question should it be owned by a Dynast?

Sherwood Sherwood

There are airships in use throughout Creation by the various great military powers such as Nexus, Lookshy and the Realm. They are just expensive to operate and require frequent maintenance, but they are available to the rich Dynast.

There are airships in use throughout Creation by the various great military powers such as Nexus, Lookshy and the Realm. They are just expensive to operate and require frequent maintenance, but they are available to the rich Dynast.
Hmm. Well mine isn't quite equipped with weaponry to pass as military.

I think one of those weird rich yatch contains might be appropriate.

You know that the dig site was somewhere near Abalone, but you are not sure exactly where it is. Also, whatever it is that has done this may have moved; at this point, it is all unknown.

It is up to you guys to decide which Gate to use to get into the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back