• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Okay, I think I'm finally mechanically complete. It's a good thing this is play by post, because I think my first combat round is going to take me a few hours to sort out.

Awesome. I'll check out your sheets and see how they look.

It looks like we are pretty well set up to start the story. Depending on how busy the fam keeps me, I'll try to have the initial IC post up later today.

I put up the initial IC post. Begin chatting with one another as you wish.

Did I miss someone? That was a mistake on my part. Sorry! I'll edit my post.

Genuine question: is Celestial Harem Style actually a thing? Or is Xun just messing with everyone?

Just to let you all know, I have added some new charms/spells to my character, having realized that with the SMA Charms up to the form charm being free, I wasn't using all of them.

Hmm. Seeing as Random Word's doing it, I kinda want to give Shi-vash a Resplendent Destiny of her own for when we go down to Creation, assuming that's what Sidereals are "meant" to do. But I've yet to get my head around the process, and I have to say, rolling Charisma + Performance at a difficulty of six is a rather daunting prospect to me, seeing as Shi-vash only has five dice for that particular roll.

Oh no. Sherwood Sherwood has already established that we will be spared the joys of rolling for Astrology for this campaign. I'm assuming we can just declare by fiat any reasonable astrological effect.

Lol i still don't know how to use them at all. Figured it worked by choosing a power, amd spending the cost, which are deducted from the points put it. And those dots replenish probably after scene or story.

Save for a few self explanatory powers in the colleges section,like the willpower recover for a friend, I'm going to pretend they dont exist.

Nope, it's way worse than that. The points you spend on the resplendency powers are totally separate from the resplendent identity itself which is in turn totally separate from weaving destinies. Your net hits on that difficulty 6 Charisma + Performance roll with a big table of modifiers determines how much 'Endurance' your new Resplendent Destiny has, which if you want to actually use as an identity you never want to spend. You make whole other Resplendent Destinies as pools of points to spend on the powers, and never use them as identities (because if they run out of Endurance they vanish forever, no one remembers them anymore, and they cannot be recreated ever again). So each time you want more Endurance points in a college you have to make a new throwaway identity. Then we get to actually weaving ascending and descending destinies on people, places, and things, which is just a nightmare of difficult rolls (often next to impossible unless you're a Chosen of Serenity or build for it), Paradox, and censure for even small effects.

tl;dr it's great.

Which is why I'm going to do my best not to screw around with it.

I don't know. . . Sidereal Astrology is bad, but so is the Fae's Shaping crap. It makes my head hurt, too.

We could always just make it up as we go along. After all, it's not likes its mandatory that we obey the systems in the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back