• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everything We Didn't Expect

Ji-Min laughed and got up, standing close to him. "The couch is more like a good friend. While...you're different." She said, laughing as looked down at him and set her glass of water on the table. Ji-Min kept laughing, she hasn't had this much fun in a while.

"Yeah right," he said with a roll of his eye. He twirled no strand of hair with his index finger. "So why did you want to come here anyways? There's really nothing to do. I'm just gonna most probably end up sleeping all day." He muttered to the ceiling.

"You're going to sleep with a guest in the house? How rude!" She said, jumping on his bed to wake him up. "You can't sleep with me interrupting you Hyun..!" She yelled, laughing as she did so.

"Try me," he replied, getting comfy on his messy bed, hair covering his eyes. "I can sleep even through the end of the world, I wouldn't even notice." He shifted his weight so that the blanket would better cover him. "You didn't answer me though. Why did you come here?" He didn't want to sound rude, merely curious.

Ji-Min looked down and plopped herself down on the bed. "I wanted to see you Hyun. Talk more really." She said, smiling as she laid down next to him. Ji-Min laughed at his sleeping comment. Ji-Min liked sleeping but she couldn't sleep all day.

His eyes were closed, arms spread along either side of him, his hair messy. "You wanted to hear me talk? Couldn't that wait for Monday?" He aside jokingly. But nevertheless, he really wanted to sleep. The whole week was tiring. Well, at least he wasn't alone today. He had something-no, someone to talk to other than the ceiling.

Ji-Min shook her head. "Aish. You're so stubborn. What would you consider, huh? A friend that you like?" She asked, not wanting to say girlfriend yet, she was too nervous to tell him that. Ji-Min laid on her stomach and brought her arms under her head to rest on them. She looked forward at his bed board and looked around a little more, not moving where she was.

Hyun sat up straight, hair falling on his face. He didn't bother to go brush them away. Seriousness in his eyes. "Oi! You!" He exclaimed. "I prefer the term girlfriend. If I leave you as 'female friend that I like' then that means other men can still get to you." He snapped, sticking out his tongue. Hyun scooted over towards her and wrapped his arms around her. "Hyun doesn't like sharing."

Ji-Min laughed as she was in his arms. "I wouldn't share either. I just wanted to know what I was to you." She said, smiling. "Okay, I prefer the term boyfriend then~ Oppa." She said, giggling as she blushed at the word.

Hyun grinned, hugging her tightly. "Because I can become scary when I'm jealous." He said with a frown. Hyun nuzzled the crook of her neck, smiling. He liked the way she said those words. He liked the way she cared. He liked the way that she bothered to come visit him. Because nobody ever did visit him. Nobody.

Knock! Knock!

Darn it! He looked up from his nuzzling, eyes looking at the door. "Dang it," he muttered

Ji-Min smiled but frowned slightly when he said that he can become scary. She didn't want him to get jealous. Ji-Min wasn't the type of girl to either be hit on or be flirty with other men. That was immoral for Ji-Min. She then smiled until they were interrupted by the knock on the door. Slowly she sat up and looked at him curiously. "Hyun... Who could that be?" She tilted her head, curious but unsure.

He sighed, pushing himself off of the bed and making his way to the door. He didn't even bother to check who it was. Hyun flung the door open, preparing to go yell at whoever that person was for interrupting them. But he was stopped midway, mouth ajar. Instead of yelling, he salvaged the best smile he could muster.

The person standing in front of him had the same eyes, the same nose and the same smile. Well, not as awkward, but close enough. She wore a simple white blouse and black pencil skirt, white flats to match. Her hair neatly tucked into a bun, hands holding a simple brown bag. "Morning!" She exclaimed, as old as she was with the wrinkles under her eyes and cheeks, she still exuded youth. She placed a hand on her son's cheek and kissed the other.

"What?! You're not gonna greet me!" She exclaimed, Hyun still staring in bewilderment.

"Hi," he muttered. But his mother's eyes were long gone. Already traveling to Ji-Min, smile on her face.

Ji-Min had stood up, wondering who it was. She saw Hyun open the door but couldn't see who it was. She kept her hand together in front of her and kept looking until she heard a happy voice travel through the room. She saw Hyun a bit stunned and kept looking. Until she found out until it was his mother. "Hello..!" She said, smiling as she bowed in front of her. Showing her great respect and kindness. Ji-Min smiled widely and kept looking at her, walking towards her.

Hyun's mother instantly shoved him aside. Literally. Slamming his body to the wall and running towards the girl, not really caring much for her son. She had a broad smile on her face, already shaking hands and kissing cheeks. "Oh my!" She exclaimed. "She is pretty!"

Hyun grunted at the sudden impact to the wall. He watched his mother go crazy over Ji-Min, rolling his eyes. "Aish! At this rate you're gonna scare her away!" He snapped.

Ji-Min was surprised of how welcoming Hyun's mother was. Clearly not like Hyun who was snapping at her now. However, she laughed and hugged her back, smiling as she did so. "Thank you very much..!" She exclaimed, happy that she was being welcomed by his mother.

"It's alright Hyun, she's so funny and cute." She said, giggling as she hugged her and looked at Hyun.

Hyun's mother turned around and stuck her tongue out at him. "She likes me more than you!" She exclaimed, walking over to stand right next to Ji-Min.

"Funny and cute is just the start of it," he mumbled. "You should see her angry. I got almost all of my personality from her you know." He said, as if to brag.

But Hyun's mother rolled her eyes. "He's as grumpy as his father," she whispered into Ji-Min's ear.

Ji-Min laughed as she heard what his mother was whispering. She looked at Hyun and smiled. "I haven't really seen you angry Hyun, so I don't really know what you're talking about." She said, laughing as she sat back down on the bed to watch the two of them go back at each other.

"Hyun?" His mother said, arching an eyebrow. "This kid can't get mad, too soft for that." Hyun rolled his eyes and lightly slapped her arm.

"Oi! You! Since when were you allowed to just barge about into my home!" He exclaimed, getting irritated by her sunny atittude.

Ji-Min started laughing but she got up surprised. "Hyun! Don't yell at her like that! She's your mom..!" She told him, surprised that he'd act like this with her. Ji-Min's mother was the opposite of Hyun's. She looked at Hyun surprised but not shocked. She was happy though.

Hyun rolled his eyes at Ji-Min. "She's more like a sister . . . or that one extremely nagging aunt of the family. She doesn't mind." He shot a glance at her, just to check. But his mother was unfazed, knowing that he still cared but hated to show it.

"Oh! Right!" She exclaimed. "I came here to drop this," she stuffed her hand inside her brown bag, pulling out a white envelope. "Now I have to go before your father starts wondering where I wandered off to." She kissed him on hone cheek and hugged Ji-Min before leaving the part meant.

Ji-Min smiled. "It was nice meeting you." She said, bowing to her again and smiling. She looked at Hyun's hands seeing the envelope in his hands. Wonder what that's supposed to me. Something work related? Money? Huh.. Ji-Min stayed still, glancing at his hands and his mother, still smiling however.

"Bye!" He exclaimed, not really looking at her leave. He was too busy opening the envelope. He pulled out a card. One of those extremely ornate cards for weddings, heck it even had that annoying lavender scent on it. Hyun made a disgusted look before starting to read the words in cursive.

When he finished, he glanced at Ji-Min. "Dang," he muttered, handing the paper to her. "Something about a special meeting in Japan."

Ji-Min watched his mother leave and then looked at Hyun. "A special meeting? Like one for work? Or.. A personal one?" She asked. What if it was one of those wedding setups? Ji-Min looked at him with a concerned look coming across her face.

"Conference meeting I guess." He mumbled, frowning. Just when his Saturday morning was becoming so good, this had to happen. "But you never know, dad likes to shove a date or two here and there." He took the piece of paper gingerly from her hands, then threw it into the trash can, shrugging.

"I'll deal with it later."

"H-Hyun..! You can't throw it away like that..! I know you don't want to do it, but you have to really..." She said, looking over at the trash can, wanting to get it but also not wanting to upset him. Ji-Min then looked over at Hyun, hoping that the date thing wouldn't actually happen if he were to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back