• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everything We Didn't Expect

(Okay then! I'll start off with him walking to work then?)

Hyun-ki walked down the street, sleek, black suitcase in hand. Just like any other day, he was dressed for work. Wearing the usual white shirt under his grey blazer with grey pants to match. His often messy hairdo was held up with gel. With confident strides, he made his way towards work. Cars weren't needed for his office was just a block away from his apartment. And besides, he needed to walk.

Lifting his left hand, he read the time from his watch.

8:32 it said.

He still had at least eight minutes before he'll be declared late. Hyun might've been the son of the boss, but that didn't always save him from most employee requirements.

"Fudge," he muttered under his breath. "Eight minutes. Eight minutes. Eight minutes." His steps became wider and wider, till eventually he broke out into a gallop.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Fudge oml xD Oh and I may curse if that is okay with you! It is alright with me if you wish to do so!)

Ji-Min had been applying for this new job. She had her resume ready and needed to get there on time. She had been on the bus stop and quickly got out starting to run. "Oh..!! What to do..?! My luck is going to run out if I don't run faster..!!" She yelled at herself. She had been breaking out into a fast jog. She had to get there on time. The building was so close yet time was going to fast. Ji-Min had her bag on her shoulder and her phone in the opposite hand.

Almost...there.. She could almost feel herself pulling the handle and entering the building. Ji-Min wasn't paying attention that she ran into a man, causing both of them to fall. "O-Oof!" She yelled. Her phone and everything dropping on the ground. "I'm sorry! Really sorry!" She said, trying to help the man. He had looked really good in his suit and he was a good-looking man. 'Snap out of it Song Ji-Min!' She mentally yelled at herself.

(Go nuts with the cursing. I curse too, tbh. Just don't curse so much that the mods get mad :P and yes, he said fudge. He likes fudge :3)

He was almost there! A wave of relief washing over him. But wait! No! He was so close, his hand reaching out towards the handle. But that girl had to be there! Why! He didn't have enough time to even stop himself. Hyun crashed into the girl, the two of them collapsing onto the ground. His neat suit all wrinkled, his suitcase sprawled out on jetty ground, opened slightly. From the corner of his eye, he spotted that his cellphone must've slipped out from the bag.

Rubbing his forehead, he grunted, glaring at the girl. Using his free hand, he reached out towards his phone, not bothering to check if it was his. He stuffed the phone inside his pants pocket, then went towards his suitcase. Grabbing the other stuff that seemed to have slipped out, he placed them inside, snapped the bad shut and proceeded back to his schedule.

He didn't even bother to look at the girl. Hyun placed his right hand on the handle, twisting it open. He raised his left hand to check the time.

8:37

"Three minutes. Crab cakes." He muttered, glaring at her. "Hey you! By careful next time!" And with that, he entered the building, slamming the door behind him, running as fast as his legs could take him, towards his office.

(Oh no! Don't worry, I only curse maybe one or twice in a post every 5-10 posts)

"A-Ah Sorry..!!" She called out. Ji-Min quickly grabbed her phone, which she thought it was hers, and took some of her papers from her resume. She then stood back up. 'Huh..he's going into the same building..?' She thought. Quickly, Ji-Min ran inside and kept walking until she reached upstairs. Seeing about six other men and women, ready to head inside the door to interview for the job.

'Oh no..They might be better than me..' She worried. However, Ji-Min tried to keep herself calm as she walked in. She put her phone on silent and headed inside the room, choosing a seat in the middle of the straight row the chairs had been set in. She was ready for this interview. All she had to do was just read her resume and tell a few other things. This should be easy for the interview, but hard for waiting to get the job or not.

(Okie dokie!)

Once Hyun reached his office, he was greeted by a very angry looking man. He looked just like him, except with greying hairs, a few hairs growing on his chin, an icy cold gaze and a few wrinkles. The man had his arms crossed over his chest, frowning at his son.

"You're late!" He roared.

His hand was still on the door handle, quivering. Hyun was never close to his father, more towards his mother. His father always seemed to see him only when he did wrong.

"I-I know," he muttered, not meeting his eyes.

"You'll get proper punishment later." His father barked, walking towards his son, grabbing him by the shoulders. One hand on each shoulder. "But for now, you've got some newbies to interview. They've been waiting for you." His father twisted him around, opened the door for him, then pushed him out.

With that, he was kicked out of his own office. The whole time, Hyun just stared bewildered. It wasn't as bad as usual. That was odd. Shaking his head, he made his way towards the interviewing room. He walked pass the several people waiting in line to get interviewed, not bothering to greet them or look at them. He entered the room and sat down right in the middle. In between the art director and the manager.

"What did I miss?" He hissed into the manager's ear.

"Nothing, we just need to interview them all."

He nodded obediently, turning towards the center of the room, waiting for the interviewee to step forward and introduce themselves.

As the workers interviewing people like Ji-Min entered the room, everyone else followed. Ji-Min's heart was racing. 'Just stay calm...you got this..' She said, feeling confident about herself again. Ji-Min had entered with a large, warm smile upon her face as she walked in and sat down in the row of seats facing the workers. Everyone that had sat down had either looked calm, nervous, or not wanting to be there. Luckily, Ji-Min looked calm but was shaking on the inside.

When Ji-Min was looking at the workers, she noticed that the guy had sat down was the same man she bumped into earlier this morning. Her eyes widened. 'Oh no!! Please listen to me and consider me so I can still be in this job!! Please don't remember me!!' She thought to herself, a little nervous. She waited for the men to announce when the first man all the way across the seats to start his interview.

Without looking at the interviewee herself, he looked down at the table, searching for the right paper. "This man is Bae Chin-Mae," he placed a hand on the art director. "This is Jin In-Su," he slapped the other man on the back. And in response, the manager let out a cough. "And I'm Doh Hyun-ki."

Finding the right paper, he placed a charming, plastic smile, meeting her eyes. Once his chocolate colored eyes met hers, it widened.

He knew this girl! This morning! From the entrance. Instantly, he gritted his teeth, frowning. He place two fingers next to his brow, massaging his skull.

"Okie dokie, begin!" In-Su exclaimed, smiling.

Ji-Min saw the manager look at her with a frown. 'No! Don't frown! Please don't frown!' She said, panicking inside. However, she managed to smile at everyone and stay calm. As time went on, she heard some of the interviewee's speak and talk about their education and why they wanted to work at this place.

Now...It was Ji-Min's turn. She was ready as long as she had her piece of paper to hand in once her speaking part was done. Ji-Min had stood up and bowed.

"My name is Song Ji-Min. I am twenty-three years old. The reason why I would like to work here is because I know that I won't let any of my co-workers down. I make sure that I take responsibility into my own hands and will get the job done. I think it will be a great consideration in choosing me to work here. I have gone to school and college and studied for this type of business. I know what I will be facing if I work here." She said in a smile. Ji-Min then gave one last bow and smiled, she sat back down in her seat and waited until the end of the interview to hand in her resume.

He listened alongside the two other interviewers, not really caring about the itty bitty details. He knew that his two colleagues would deal with that. He was too busy glaring at the girl for their little mix up that morning. Sure, it wasn't entirely her fault, but Hyun wasn't that humble to stoop down to such a level. She must apologize! Not him.

Once everyone finished the interview, he turned towards the two other interviewers. "So, who was fit enough for the job?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Chin-Mae handed him the pictures of those capable of the job. Grabbing the photos, he skimmed through them, only to find out that the second to the last photo was her, yet again! Song Ji-Min. He reread the name over and over again.

"I'll go talk to this Ji-Min, you two handle the others." He said, already standing up and leaving the room before they could say anything else.

He exited the room, ruffling his gelled hair. Right in the corner of his eye, he spotted Ji-Min. Forcing a smile, he strode over to her. Now standing in front of her, Hyun placed his hands behind him, one hand tightly gripping her picture, so tightly that it started to crumple and rip.

"Good morning, madam." He started, almond shaped eyes glittering with bitter revenge. "I didn't expect to see you here today."

Ji-Min had felt nervous when Manager Doh came up to her. "Mr. Doh.. I'm really sorry about this morning.. I was in such a hurry to get here. I actually have my resume to hand to you..!" She remembered.Ji-Min then went in her messenger bag and started fishing around her bag to look for her Resume. She pulled out a piece of paper that looked like it and handed it to him. "This is it! I really hope I wasn't a bother this morning..I feel pretty bad. Anyway..I hope you and your co-workers can consider in hiring me. I need the job." She said, bowing her head at him and smiling. Ji-Min had waited to see if Manager Doh was going to say something to her, she was going to be professional about....hopefully.

He took the resume from her, using his free hand. The other one, still crumpling her photo from behind. "Darling," he said, glaring daggers at her. "It's very unprofessional to say 'I need the job' to the person that so gonna give it to you." He paused, taking in her facial features. She wasn't a standout like the girls he'd dated in the past, someone he'd easily overlook any day. But she had her charms too, ten short hair easily complimenting her cute little face. That didn't make him waver though, he never judged by the looks. It's whether you had the money that made him interested.

"By the way, my colleagues say that you've got potential. Come back next week for your training course." He then went to look at the paper he grabbed eyes widening.

This was no ordinary resume. Heck! It wasn't a resume at all! It was a piece of bond paper with a list of American movies and dramas to watch. He gulped. He knew who owned this, he remembered printing it the night before. She must've picked it up when they crashed.

"Darling," he muttered, sweat beading his forehead. "This is no resume, it's my . . . um . . . To do list, yeah, to do list." He stuffed the paper inside his suitcase and proceeded to search for the resume, eventually pulling it out, crumpled and folded.

"Sorry it's folded though." He muttered, reading it to make sure it's hers.

As the man kept calling her Darling every so often, it made her eyes widened a little and also blush. As she handed him the piece of paper, she nodded her head. She didn't mean to say that she needed the job..she was only telling the truth. However, she was about to leave when she handed him the resume until he stopped.

"Y-Your to-do list...?" She asked. Ji-Min went on her tippy-toes to see if that was the case. Then he pulled out her resume. "Oh I see...Sorry again. Well...I'm glad it is with the right person instead of floating away and making me look bad." She said, scratching the back of her head. Ji-Min was embarrassed. In front of this handsome man, she was messing up...a lot. "A-Anyway..! I will be here next week for the training course. Thank you..!" She said, bowing one last time.

He blinked in underprice, glad that she didn't pester him to show her what was on the paper. And also, how she shockingly didn't even read it. He breathed a sigh of relief, a genuine smile on his lips. Not for her, but for his luck that day. He could've been stuck in a stickier situation than already given.

He gave her one last cold glare before walking away, raising his left hand and waving carelessly in the air, his way of saying goodbye.

(Wanna skip to next week already?)

(Hey! Oh sorry, I was trying to think of a post to do.)

A week had passed and Ji-Min had gotten ready for work. She put on her second business outfit and started going to the training back at the building. Finally, she got there a little early and waited inside. How odd though, her mother usually calls her. She hasn't called her for a whole week. But, Ji-Min didn't check her phone.

Ji-Min had waited for one of the managers to see her for the training. She waited patiently and quietly.

The night when he finished interviewing the newbies, Hyun checked his phone. It was odd that he wasn't receiving any calls or texts when he's often swamped with them. Finally urging himself to check it, he found out that it wasn't his. The usual Batman wallpaper wasn't there any longer, replaced by a simple light blue background. He checked all the contacts, only to find out none were his.

"Aish! Even the phone I got was wrong!"

So he waited till the next week, to hopefully grab his real phone back. He bet that all his clients were already roaring at him.

Once he got there, he immediately searched for her, after fifteen minutes of looking, he finally did. Running towards Ji-Min, he grabbed her by the shoulders. "Where the hell is mine phone!?"

As Ji-Min was waiting, Manager Doh had come up to her, yelling at her. Her eyes widened. "W-What..?! What are you talking about?! This is my phone..!" She said. Quickly, she pulled out the phone, revealing a Batman wallpaper. She was surprised and looked up at him. "I guess this got mixed up too I see.." She said, handing his phone back.

"Do you have my phone?" She asked, looking up at him with concern. She really needed her phone by now. What if her mother called her and she wasn't able to pick it up? Aish...her mother would surely kill her now.

He grabbed the phone from her hands, sighing in relief for for just a moment, till he found out how much missed calls and texts there were. "Holy fudge," he muttered, already looking through the first few texts. He stuffed his hand inside one of his pockets, pulling out her phone, and handing it back carelessly.

"There," he muttered, still going through the texts. "There was this one lady that kept on nagging me too." He said, frowning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back