• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everything We Didn't Expect

Ji-Min had kept walking slowly. Very few people were on the streets since it was a highway. She held the papers close to her chest and continued walking. The makeup had come off, showing her dark circles once again, Her clothes had become wrinkled by her movement and also by holding the items to her chest. She kept thinking about Hyun's words, Ji-Min tried not to cry but couldn't hold it in.

"Veronica wants to meet tonight," his father had told him.

Well, there was a good and bad side to this coin. The good, at least mother didn't tell him anything. The bad, he had to meet the spoiled brat once again. Well, he himself was a spoiled brat. Perhaps that's why they never got along. With a sigh, he made his way to the outside of the building and walked to his apartment to grab his car. Some fancy French restaurant they were going to. Once he got there, he made his way towards his car and slipped in, driving off to fetch wherever Veronica was.

Ji-Min had looked at her watch. Work should be over by now and she still had another twenty minutes to walk. Today had been unlucky for Ji-Min. The more she thought about it, the more she started like Hyun. Really, he was nice to her. She was the only girl that wasn't related to him that he was really nice to. However, she kept debating with her thoughts. It could get Hyun or herself in trouble.. She's poor, he's rich. He deserves to be with a rich girl right?

He picked Veronica up, frowning the whole time. She didn't seem to notice though. Why would she? Only a person that cared would notice. She wore her usual attire, from the fancy dress to the designer bag to her salon styled hair. He hated every aspect of her. The stench of her strong perfume flying around the car. He tried his best not to gag.

Hyun tried his best to drive in silence to the restaurant. Once they got there, they were seated near the window. Veronica insisted that she was to order for the two of them. He let her be, knowing that he wouldn't get a say in it whether or not he fought.

Finally, Ji-Min made her way home. Her friends and mother had called her but she didn't answer them. She wished she had her dad to talk to. She really missed him and needed him the most at that time, she sighed to herself and took off her shoes once she got inside. Ji-Min had dropped everything on the ground, making a large mess with her work. She changed and left the clothes on the floor and just sat in bed the whole time, thinking about everything.

The whole time, Hyun just stared out at the window, not bothering to touch the salad Veronica ordered. How funny it was. Is it a bunch of leaves and fruit with sauce and yet it costs so much. And he was the one paying. He crinkled his nose at the pile of leaves. But across him, Veronica sat contented with her salad. If Ji-Min were there, Hyun bet that she would be ordering something else. Something actually delicious.

For the first time in the whole night, Veronica looked at him with actual curiosity. "What's on your mind?" She finally asked. He didn't answer, still looking out at the window, as if wishing Ji-Min would be walking by.

Ji-Min had stared at her phone. Seeing it buzz almost every ten seconds filled with text messages and voice mails. None were from Hyun.. Not surprising. She really wanted to text him to tell him how she felt or to tell him to come over. However, it wouldn't be right.. Sadly, Ji-Min was stuck. Either take chances and tell him how she felt about him or just ignore it and let someone she really liked slip out of her hands since their match wasn't right.. She kept her knees up to her chest.

Veronica pouted, an unflattering pout that only made her look all the more pitiful. Whenever Ji-Min pouted she always looked cute. This wasn't anywhere cute. "Tell me," she demanded, sticking a fork through a leaf of lettuce.

"No," Hyun muttered. He looked down a this phone, finding Ji-Min's number. He clicked the message button and started to type sorry. And adding the fact that he couldn't call because of some psycho. He wasn't lying. Veronica was a psycho. He looked up at her, mustering his best smile. Hyun clicked the send button, the same time he started to speak. "This isn't going to work out Veronica." And like a whirlwind of bad ideas, she stood up, dumped the salad on his face and stomped away.

"Well that could've been worse," he muttered.

Ji-Min had watched her phone buzz more and more until she saw Hyun's name come up. Quickly, she lunged at her phone and opened the message. "Sorry..?" She looked at it, tilting her head. She typed back: "Do you think you can see me tonight..? I want to tell you something too." Since she got a message from Hyun, it basically made up her mind. She would tell him about how she felt about him. Now, this was Ji-Min's chance to finally be happy with someone she really liked.

He looked down at the phone, happy that she sent him a message back. Many people started to stare at him. They found it odd that he was doused with salad and yet he didn't even seemed to be fazed by it. 'Sure, don't be shocked at how I look though. I'll go to your house.' And with that, he left the restaurant, paying for the wasted salad, and getting into his car. It started to stink from the sauce of the salad, but he just brushed the thought away, knowing he can get it cleaned. Once he got to Ji-Min's home, he knocked twice on the door. Pieces of lettuce and olive still stuck on his hair and clothes.

Ji-Min had kept sitting on her bed and looked over the balcony. "It's open..! Be careful of the mess.." She warned him, sitting back on her bed as she felt her heart growing faster. She got nervous when it came across to telling someone her feelings towards them. Hopefully...everything would be okay.

He opened the door and got in, plucking off the pieces of leaves and olives and whatever else that clung to him. "Sorry that I look like crap!" He told her with a cocky smile. "Someone got mad at me and threw a salad tantrum."

Ji-Min looked over shocked. "W-What happened...?!" She asked worried. "Come up here.. I'll get you cleaned.." She said, staring down at him. Ji-Min could feel her heart racing. How come it did this now and not before? Is it because she addressed her feelings?

"Veronica threw a tantrum, so she dumped her expensive salad on me." He said with a laugh. "And I still had to pay for the salad she threw at me." Hyun plucked the last of the leaves and olives. "Sorry I came here looking like this, didn't have time to change."

"It's alright.." She said looking at him. "Ironic.. How you said you haven't gone on a date in months yet you go on one today.." She said with a small laugh. "I have a bathroom up here. Come on, you look greasy." She said, pulling his arm into the bathroom to wash his face and hair.

He laughed, running a hand through his greasy hair. "Funny huh," he muttered. Hyun made his way towards the bathroom, taking off his blazer, the shirt under seemed to be clean enough, he washed his hair in the sink and grabbed the nearest towel to dry it off. Once he got out, he spread his arms wide. "Much better?"

Ji-Min slowly nodded her head. "Yea, but you'll need to take a shower when you get back to your place. Just to make sure everything is alright." She said. "Sit next to me." She said, patting an empty spot on her bed.

Hyun shook his head. "Nuh-uh." He said stubbornly. "I don't want to get your bed smelling like Caesar salad." He stuck his tongue out and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Trust me, you don't wanna, my care already smells like that." He paced around the room, wet hair sticking to his skull. "I'll just stand."

"Then I'll stand since you're being stubborn." She pouted, crossing her arms. "I..I wanted to tell you something when you got here.. About before really." She said, getting more and more nervous.

"Which is?" He asked with a tilt of his head. Looking at her with curiosity. Now she got him all interested. This must've been important then.

Ji-Min had kept thinking about it and tried her best to say it. "Hyun...even though I'm not rich.. and not what your father or the company expects from you.. But I've been thinking about it.. I really like you too.." She said, blushing but covering her face with her hands so he wouldn't see.

Hyun wanted to laugh at her, but that would be too mean. Her confession was a bit on the laughable side, but instead, he spoke. "I wanna hug you right now, but then you'll be smeared in salad sauce." He said with a laugh. "But if it helps, I like you too."

Ji-Min looked up at him with rosy cheeks. She shook her head and walked to him fast and hugged him tightly. Closing her eyes. She didn't care about what he smelled like, the girl was in love with him. She wouldn't care about how he smelled.

Hyun was shocked at her sudden hug. But eventually, his hands lay on her back, lips curled to a smile. He was sticky and smelly, yet she hugged him. That's one of the many things people like Veronica wouldn't ever do to him. "Love you too you little kitten," he said with a laugh.

Ji-Min looked up, shocked. "L-Love..?" She asked, tilting her head slightly. Slowly, she lowered her head again and smiled to herself, blushing more as she kept hugging him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back