• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everything We Didn't Expect

Once he got back to his office, he settled down onto his chair and sat there in silence. Shock never really was a good thing for him. It took him forever to get past it. Forever.

"Why couldn't it be one of the blind dates?" He asked himself.

Ji-Min had knocked on the door to his office and opened it slightly. "I'm back Director Doh.. Do you need anything or need anything filled out?" She asked, not looking inside to give him privacy.

He looked up at her in shock, standing straight with eyes wide, a few of his things falling to the ground. He shook his head, running his hand through his hair, not really answering her question. He was in la la land once again. He didn't know that she'd come back this fast. He thought that she'd take longer to eat. Hyun shook his head, a fake smile on his lips.

Ji-Min couldn't see anything. She tilted her head and opened the door more. "S-Sorry.. I didn't know what you were trying to say... Do you want me to..?" She asked, with a small smile. Hyun looked embarrassed.. Did something happen? Maybe she could help if he told her.

He didn't answer, already busy picking up the fallen items and arranging them onto his table, making them look neat as possible. He took his time, hoping that Ji-Min would leave. Maybe if he stayed away from her, his mother's suggestion or well . . . claim would go away.

Ji-Min saw the items scattered across the room. Just to be nice and also his secretary, she crouched down on the ground and started picking some of the things up. "Aish, you need to be more careful." She said, being light hearted.

"I know that," he muttered to himself, picking up the last pieces of random junk. From scattered pieces of paper to fallen ballpens. Eventually, all the materials were placed back on the table. He smoothened his coat and pants looking up at his secretary, an involuntary smile creeping up to his lips. You're doing it again Hyun. You're being a fool again. He scolded himself in the inside.

After Ji-Min helped him, she stood up and placed them on his desk. She looked at Hyun and smiled a little, seeing him smiling. "Why? Why are you smiling?" She asked.

Hyun looked up at her, bangs sweeping over his face. "You wouldn't believe if I told you," he said with a smirk, standing up and looking straight at her. "You wouldn't believe."

Ji-Min looked confused. "W-why? I don't think it'd be that non-convincing to not not believe it.." She said, uneasy if he was going to tell her or not.

Must he just accept it? Mother didn't really sound like she would get mad if he'd fall for her. So with a big grin, he spoke. "My mother just told me something very interesting." He said with a laugh. "Are you really that curious for me to tell you?"

Ji-Min had tilted her head and looked at him. "Ah sure if you want to tell me." She said, looking at him. Was this about one of his blind dates? Or was he just going to tell her a part of his conversation he had with his mother?

He draped an arm around her, not planning to tell her everything just yet. "I was asking my mother why I felt a certain way about someone." He started, looking out at the window. "And she told me that I was in love." Hyun spoke the last four words carefully and slowly, slipping through his lips with such delicate care. "And the girl that I fell for . . ." He paused, staring at her, still grinning.

Ji-Min was very clueless at times. This was one of the times. When he put an arm around her and told her that he was falling in love with a girl, she looked at him. "Oh.. Is it that Veronica girl? The one that doesn't look Korean? I've been wondering! Have you been going on more dates with her? Ah.. You probably have!" She smiled.

Her response only made Hyun laugh more. He shook his head, goofy smile still on his lips. "Nope, it's not that prissy little princess," he said. "And I'm not saying that I believe mom, I told her I'd never fall in love." He glanced at her. "But maybe she's right this time." He scratched the back of his neck. "It's not Veronica, I haven't seen her in months. It's not any of the blind dates." Hyun eyes sparkled with wonder, thinking if it was right to tell her on the spot. He'd never been into any relationships so he didn't really know what to do. Yet, he was excited, so excitement took over reason. "It's the girl standing in front of me."

(Sorry! I just had to do it! They were taking too long ouo.)

(It's alright haha! I liked the timing. I love how he called Veronica and prissy little princes xD )

Ji-Min had sank all of the words he was telling her until he told her that the girl he was falling in love with.. Was her. Slowly she looked up at him with wide eyes. "W-What? Me? Why do you like me..?" She asked, tilting her head. Ji-Min was surprised with how Director Doh told her how he felt about her. He really liked her? Ji-Min was rich, wasn't that pretty, and she worked for him! Ji-Min didn't know what to think, she liked Hyun but didn't want to make any feelings for him since he was supposed to be with a rich girl. Plus he is her boss!

Hyun tilted his head to the side and smiled. That's all he'd been doing. Laugh. Smile. Laugh. Smile. Over and over again. This girl just makes him like this. "Why you?" Hyun asked, taking a moment to think it through. "Wellll, you never really wanted the money, you're kind, you're funny . . . and you're prettier than any of the other girls I've been set up with." And he meant every word. "But who knows, maybe mother is wrong," he muttered to himself. "Nah, mom is never wrong."

(They're all a prissy princess O.o and finally! My timing was right for once!)

Ji-Min's eyes were still widened. She looked down and started to blush to herself. H-How could this happen..? This didn't seem like the Hyun she knew. The Hyun she knew fought and was just rude a lot. He never really acted this way before. Ji-Min kept looking down, trying to collect her thoughts together. He boggled her mind.

Hyun huffed, staring at her. "If all you're going to do is stand there and look like some idiot, then just better get back to work." He said, instantly changing the topic. If she didn't feel the same way, then why longer onto the topic? He didn't want to be made of a fool. He started to look through his laptop, checking the emails, that had magically started to flood in. Perfect.

Ji-Min looked up. "H-How could you just say that though..? How can you be so nice with your words but when I'm trying to think to myself..You just tell me to go back to work..?" She asked, feeling upset. So upset that her hands fell to her side as tears streamed down her cheeks. As she stared at him sitting down, looking at his laptop.

He looked up at her, watching as tears streamed through her eyes. He scratched his head, sighing. "Because I'd not like to dwell on things such as love and feelings in the workplace." He said, standing up and enveloping her in a hug. "Don't cry," he whispered. "It makes me feel bad." He had too many things that made him feel bad, why must h

She add to them too?

Ji-Min had pushed him back. "So you want me to stop crying just because it makes you feel bad? Not because you care about me or how I feel?" Slowly, she backed up. "I'm leaving early-" Quickly she wiped her tears. "I'm going to take my work home today.." She said, opening the door and heading to her office. She didn't want to see him for today, after hearing the things he said.

Hyun sighed, watching her go, the words stinging. How would he know what to do? He was as clueless as a fish out of water. He grabbed do his phone and dialed a familiar number. He pressed it to his ear, grimacing. "It's not love." He started. "I'll get over it." Then he closed the phone, getting back to work.

Slowly, Ji-Min made her way outside. The bus wouldn't be coming for a whole hour. When Ji-Min was stressed, she tended doing things that she normally wouldn't do. Instead of waiting, she just started walking back to her house. It would take probably 30 minutes to an hour walking there but she didn't care. She was upset of how Hyun acted. Not giving her enough time to think.

He finished up all his work. Going through all the emails, writing up this and that, signing all the papers. Now he stood up and went ahead to go home. He was almost to the exit when his phone rang again. How many times did it ring ever since he made the second call to mother. He sighed, grabbing it to ignore the call, mother had been telling him that he was taking it too quickly and harshly. He rolled his eyes at that. But Hyun noticed that mother wasn't calling.

It was father.

"Great," muttered. "Did she tell him." He pressed the phone to his ear. "What?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back