• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Evergate Rampart] The Redder Snow

Language Key: "Common", "{Sylvan}"," <Beastial>", ":ancient:"

Kane Blackburne
crop-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Kane noticed Victorique’s proximity and didn’t particularly mind, indeed he felt capable of keeping her safe if it all came down to it, at least that’s what he liked to think based on his skills. Even if it wasn’t at the highest power, he could do a deal more damage than some grunt with his executioner axe mastery which could come with the perk of being an executioner like himself.

Upon hearing her talking back to the Owlbear he couldn’t help but chuckle a bit, which only intensified when she said he better live long enough.

“Hey I mean to be fair I did say it can get a bit rough around here, but, I could see a cold one in your future.” He said light heartedly at the drink comment. Perhaps they could go drinking then, sounded like it could be fun once everything was wrapped up here, but it seemed like there were still a few loose ends which needed tying up and since he had followed Victorique around and about and assisted her for this case, it was only natural he was curious about the full outcome as well.

“But yeah, I think you’re right, I’ll try to stick around as long as I can, I wouldn't want to waste something so valuable.” He gave a bit of a grin, but this time it was more friendly than anything, rather than the somewhat dark and grim ones he had been giving off on occasion.

Royal Justiciar Corbyn
Renai.Saiban.600.2837894-1.jpg
The Justiciar looked back at Victorique with a pleased look, “Well when you’ve been at this job that long I like to think so, I certainly put in the time and study to get here.” She reasserted with her own look of confidence, seeming to like the praise from Victorique.

Father Gresham
a0662ac3602f97c528228ec57531c109-1-1.jpg

Instead of becoming apologetic. Father Gresham seemed to scoff,

“I can assure you I am distinguished by a divine connection far beyond your comprehension, Balance of nature? This land is for us to use by divine right, we are the chosen people by the Valcori, Faith and faith alone will allow us to survive and thrive. It is those who have fallen away from the path of righteousness and choose to blaspheme as well as the monsters who cause our plights. This is my truth, so say what you will then. Even if you choose not to speak to me again, I will say that I appreciate that you helped save lives here, as that is undeniable."

A sort of ambivalent response of sorts to Gyld, irrespectively it seemed to Father Gresham Gyld wasn’t exactly the target audience of his religion, it was more than likely he was skeptical of anything related to what appeared more in line with the Fae religion to him.

Kane almost scoffed at what the priest had to say, he actually felt kind of bad with the way Gyld was being spoken too, after all the guy had just helped save everyone, how typical of those in higher positions to be so ignorant, Kane knew very little about the world outside of Rotia but he too knew that this was really an improper way to refer to someone who had done something good, for a greater purpose at that. He could tell that Gyld’s intentions were pure and not self serving, but out of one which was concerned with something greater than he understood, but Kane could respect that, because it wasn’t out of some self serving agenda, but a collective one. It didn’t help the fact that the Royal Justiciar hadn’t gotten the hint that even referring to him as an Owlbear was not fully respectful.

Professor Neco
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 11.31.35 PM-1-1-1-1.png

Upon getting Gyld’s full attention he nodded in agreement. “<I fear that the increased monster activity is more systemic than they believe. While I am uncertain if it is possible to bring complete peace, I do believe that with effort the balance of the light and the dark will be achievable, after all whether one wishes to accept it as truth, monsters are part of nature.>”

Professor Neco looked intrigued as to what Gyld was referencing, like perhaps he’d be keen on hearing more about either.

Professor Neco looked to Victorique when she said that and smiled a bit bashfully, “<Apologies, it isn’t all to common I see others who don’t look more like us who can speak my tongue, I must say you’re quite well versed in it.>”
After Gyld explained Processor Neco gave another nod.

“<Indeed, he put it in well placed terms, the current plights is that there is an imbalance which must be addressed , there are seasonal increases of monster activity particularly when what’s between this place and the dark continent freezes over but what has been happening has been abnormal, not only are certain practices unsustainable, particularly when this guardian was compromised but I fear that there may be additional foul play involved as well. The combination of things is truly causing challenges.>”

At the next point that Gyld was clearly displeased with the way he was being referred too, that was when Kane felt like speaking up.

“Hey, could everyone y’know try to learn his name at least? I mean he seriously helped this whole place out, the battle could have gone the other way had he not been here to assist, one of the fullers had already started to fail and the other ones while putting in the work just weren’t effective enough with it’s regeneration. It was his efforts that forced the at least then monster to go on the defensive, buying enough time for Victorique to nab the idol, so, whatever you preferred to be called, that’s how I’ll call you, and I thank you for helping the people here when you were under no obligation to do so.”

Kane then symbolically took a kneel to Gyld to demonstrate his respect. He wasn’t particularly bothered by the use of the ‘monkey’ response as it was the same as the other two had called him so it was pretty understandable that Gyld said it back.

Unlike the unreceptive priest, the Royal Justiciar looked like she was thinking before she looked more apologetic.

“I..understand that is perhaps not the most appropriate way to refer to you, as you said based on my reports you’ve done Evergate and the crown a service as he..suggests, She looked to Kane before continuing and looking back to Gyld, “I apologize for not being more sensitive. How would you like to be referred to?”

Thankfully this Justiciar was not only kind in her sentencing so far it seemed but she also wasn’t getting all high and mighty and being spiteful toward Gyld, demonstrating at the very least that she had some sense that what had been said hadn’t been cool.

The priest on the other hand wasn’t particularly pleased with Victorique’s response when all was said and done. The expression on his face said as much once more as he looked to her when she defended Jez.

“I’ll say something similar to what I did before, while I appreciate your contributions to saving lives in helping to solve this case, I am skeptical when I see someone doing something which I know goes against what is just. With that said your words will be taken into consideration and we shall see what we shall see, as I say, eyes are certainly on her.” He said the later eyes comment while looking over at Jez sternly.

At the very least Victorique had pacified him so that he wasn’t actively antagonizing Jez at the moment any further.

Jez
ce5f652f2048cabf8b5761047a7a8847-1-1.jpg

Jez looked over at Victorique and surprisingly gave her a small smile on her usually deadpan face, it was a faint one but it was definitely something, as if a nonverbal way to say thank you she gave her a nod.

Meanwhile the Mushroom guardian responded accordingly to Gyld in that old language.

Mushroom Guardian
lnp0buyilra91.png
The Mushroom Guardian spoke up once again,

“:For the question which you ask, I fear that my memory may not be entirely complete, but there are living beings who I believe would benefit from being punished for their deeds, if not by you, by someone. They are contributing to this imbalance. While there is unsustainable human activity here, which I have adapted to over the years, I will say the ones who I believe are tipping the scales of burden out of balance are the ones which I encountered. When I was compromised I remember a circle of hooded figures, some who were wielding catalysts, others daggers.. and it wasn’t all much longer after that point, I may have lost consciousness..whether or not they were cultists as the human judge inquired, I am uncertain. I encountered this group beyond the walls, or perhaps it was more accurate they seeked me out and targeted me.:” It looked like the Mushroom guardian could understand common but perhaps did not speak it itself, or it did not desire to use such a language.

“:Even so, Gyld, one who guards the Glade and North, for restoring me I would like to present you with this gift, if you would accept it. I do hope that those here learn to understand and respect you better.:” The mushroom guardian then presented Gyld a decent sized colorful mushroom which looked psychedelic in color scheme similar to the way it did.

The Mushroom Guardian then turned toward Victorique, “{I would like to offer you one of these too, for you helped lead my saviors toward me.}” It spoke in Sylvan surprisingly, holding out the same colorful looking mushroom, not really going into detail about what one was supposed to do with it.

The Professor gave the Mushroom Guardian a respectful bow.

Before he looked back over to Gyld, with a bit of a meek smile. “<Unfortunately I myself have been on the receiving end of being referred to as ‘cat’ by less than friendly people, but I will say that I have met many good people here too, those like Phoebe who are quite kind and do not judge me for being different. Those who are noble and help those in need selflessly, or understand that some actions have consequences for the collective. While humans are imperfect, I can see that they are capable of good too.>”

For now the Mushroom Guardian waited to hear from anyone else who wished to speak to it but it was likely that it would depart as it had said soon enough to go and take care of the mess that had been made.

Back with the conversation that Victorique and the judge had been having, the judge responded, “Right, I’ll try to get those results back to you then soon enough, I may also need to make a formal recommendation that there is an investigation conducted at the academy based on what you are saying.”

Eliza Talton
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 9.34.13 PM.png

Eliza on the other hand let out a sizable audible sound of relief, before she immediately began to hug Victorique pretty tightly after her request to ride in her fuller. “OH THANK THE GODS!” She exclaimed.

“Thank you thank you thank you! I knew you could do it! You saved my brothers. And I told Affonso not to do that! I told him specifically he’d risk losing his head if he did something like that..which means you must have convinced the judge that given the circumstances it wasn’t justified..I’ll feel forever in your debt for saving the both of them..please feel free to come back any time, I would love to invite you over and hold something in your honor if you’d allow it.”

She then addressed Victorique’s request, “Of course you can take a ride in my fuller! I do have one, and I think you’ll find it to be quite an impressive one, It’s quite nice if i do say so myself, you can use it for combat as well as aerial travel because the one who built it made it so that you can shift it. I understand that there’s more information coming in, but we can do that as soon as you like after I get confirmation that Adriano and Affonso are headed home securely. I’m sure after all this trial and tribulation they could use some proper rest.”

---
(Narrator note: Cool if Gyld and the Professor stay for this part or not, if Gyld chooses to stay the professor likely will, if not he’ll likely head back to the lab given the time of day, regardless of choice, reward/recognition will be distributed before the play's end)

After some more time had gone by and it was dark out, Kane was still waiting around to find out if he was in fact going to do an execution or not. The higher grade executioner had been idling as well.

By this point the Mushroom Guardian had left further conversation or not having been had with it.

The military presence decreased significantly after determining there were no active threats on the scene.

Meanwhile the Justiciar had been waiting for the results of the two examinations. Her eye lit up the same hue from before when she got her answers incrementally.

Presuming that Victorique had stayed around since she had been told the information would be coming in, The Royal Justiciar turned to her.

“The updated autopsy report of the now remains revealed that the body which we thought to be the daughter of Lord Hoyles is actually that of a elderly male, there was some kind of illusion magic in use. That might also explain why the murderer title was only passed down at F grade..someone like Lord Hoyle’s daughter might warrant a higher one..”

The Justiciar appeared to be in thought. “This does not rule out the possibility that at least one of them was not still under the influence, since there were two spotted, I believe this reveals that an investigation of the academy is still required, and a wellness check to determine that they are in fact safe at the moment. “

“I would like to also report, that there is evidence that there is evidence of Affonso’s fuller being tampered with. Very faint dark magic residue, as well as evidence of parts being shifted and then put back in place, this suggests to me that there is evidence to suggest the possibility of the cultists being involved, unfortunately it is not definitive, but I believe it would be worth looking into.”

“With that said, without a lack of clear connection to any of those who were suspects in the current case, you are free to leave.”
Finally getting the okay.

Adriano and Affonso by that point were secured by more blue guards who brought them away. Lord Hoyles and Lady Hoyles were also brought away with assistance, all of them still looking exhausted at that point, that much was given when neither had really even reacted to hearing that there was a chance their daughter was actually still alive. The other suspects left the scene as well.

Eliza on the other hand was staying with Victorique and Kane since she still had business to settle as she had promised.

Victorique was given time to give any thoughts she had on the new information which the Justiciar listened to carefully before the Justiciar then turned to Kane, who had been staying near Victorique and who had probably tried to make small talk with Victorique while they waited.

“Kane Blackburne, it is to my understanding that you were scheduled to enact your duty to the crown today, but it was interrupted by the developing events, since you were of assistance today, I will permit you to take care of someone appropriate to your standing as a new Royal Executioner so that you may formalize your title. You will be overseen by whom I have brought with me .” She gestured to the high grade executioner who was nearby.

Kane smirked a bit at hearing that. “Well looks like I will actually be on today." He said looking to Victorique, before turning back to the Justiciar with a rather uncharacteristic formal bow,

“Thanks I appreciate it, Justiciar Corbyn.”

Kane then walked up near the headsman's block on the raised wooden platform in the center near where the tall figure was. He had his axe on his person.

Alban Greene
9392a60beab5a14f29504c43f90c7d7f.jpg

After some more preparations a young man was brought out by what looked like Evergate guards on either side. His hands had been bound, and he was brought a respectable distance away from the Justiciar who now had a raised wooden podium of sorts which she stood at which had been brought out of some pocket dimension not long after she had informed Kane. Gresham was present too, staying as a spectator as had Jez curiously enough.

As the Justiciar spoke there was a scribe off to the side dressed similarly as she had been.

The Justiciar then continued, “We will now begin the execution of Alban Greene. Alban Greene, you have been found guilty for committing treason and conspiring against the Queen and her Kingdom. You were connected to a series of secretive rebellious faction meetings and activities throughout the Kingdom. You helped supply weapons to your cause through partaking in the looting of armories. During your escape you lit fires to the homes of civilians to serve as a distraction. You were found hiding out nearby Evergate with other conspirators, which led to you arrest here today. You have committed offenses which do not warrant any mercy in the eyes of the law. Because you cannot be trusted with a weapon, instead of fighting against the darkness, you will serve your death sentence out here today.”

The young man didn’t appear to have much of a reaction to these words, his expression actually somewhat similar to how Jez’s had been before. He almost looked apathetic.

She then gestured to the guards who brought the young man toward the headsman block to face forward toward her.

Kane felt a bit of anticipation building knowing full well what was coming next, it was almost his time.

“Do you have any last words, Alban Greene?” She then inquired.

“...I hope this whole corrupt wretched Kingdom falls to the horde.” After waiting some time to make sure he didn’t have anything else to say with a pause, Kane continuing to feel the anticipation build, the Justiciar’s voice broke the silence.

“Very well then.” She then gave a gesture, to which the taller masked executioner placed a hand on the back and forced him down so his neck was on the block.

When these words were said if anyone looked to Father Gresham, they'd see that it looked like he was starting to pray silently, averting his eyes.

Kane then brandished his axe, before looking up at the taller one before getting an okay sign. Kane really hadn’t been expecting it to be a guy like this..just someone who could have as easily been an adventurer somewhere instead of turning to crime, probably not all much different than himself. Even so he had a job to do, and didn’t really have time to hesitate after getting the okay.

Kane got into position and lifted the ax above his head like he had seen his father do many times before he used his Novice Decapitation ability, having lined the stroke up with the neck. He felt his heart rate increase a great deal as his axe went straight through the neck and the head fell into the wooden collection container placed below the block, some blood spurting out.

Novice Decapitation- Weapon Mastery Executioner Axe F, Range F, Incurable F, Hot Shot F, Penetrating F, Continuing F - Kane attempts to use his Executioner Axe to decapitate a low grade target by aiming for their neck with a lethal swing.- Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Had he really just done that? Kane looked down at his hands, was this how his father felt the first time? He felt somewhat shaken up, even if he knew what he did was just..but no he needed to show that he was capable, so he pretty quickly corrected and took a serious look, trying his best to not look at the body for the time being.

Once the event concluded much had been cleared away in quick order, as it was reflected in the official records that Kane had carried out his first execution needed to obtain his Royal Executioner status properly rather than just being someone who was in training to reach the lowest rank.

Kane cleaned his ax blade off, before making his way back down off the stage, looking a bit like he was in thought. He had thought his first would have been conducted midday rather than dark by lights…but it was what needed to happen and he had taken his first step of many forward that day. Presuming Victorique was around he made his way over toward her eventually, as well as Eliza who would be nearby had she stayed.

“Well Kane..since you helped my brothers..I suppose even your sort can’t be all bad..” she admitted.

Elvario Elvario gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Kane/Others TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | gmimperfecti gmimperfecti
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

The Owlbear was freaking her out and annoying her at the same time. Which was annoying.... and freaking her out. His gaze was scary, his words irked her. “I've got no clue what you're on about, but yeah, I do have some ties to the Spirit King through my [Spirit Companion] of the winds.” She replied, figuring that was what he might've meant. Perhaps? “Right, right.” She had no clue what he was on about with his whole talk of intervening in dumping worm corpses. Sounded to her like they'd have been better off burning such things, but she was wise enough not to say so aloud.

That said, her fear was slightly conquered by his next statement. “<There's a fine line between being mysterious and being obnoxious for interacting with a detective like myself.>” She sighed. “<Although it does sound like they've been handling the situation in a rather moronic way. One that was easy to abuse or make use of.>”

She chuckled a bit at Kane's reply. “Good, good. I wonder if they've got good whiskey here to go with the tobacco...” She wondered, before snapping out of it. There were more important things to do and debate.

She decided to ignore the whole argument between Owlbear and priest. That wasn't hers to deal with. Instead, she was surprised by the cat dude's sudden bashfulness. “<There aren't any mayor languages that I'm not fluent in.>” She replied, with a tad of pride. “<So, in sort, it's monsters making clever use of the folk here being idiots?>” She asked, to confirm if she'd understood the feline fellow well enough.

Victorique was taken a tad off-guard by Kane going full out on pandering to the Owlbear. Sure, he'd been of use, but she hadn't expected him to be such a paragon of virtue all of a sudden. She herself had no intention or desire to follow suit. It was pretty bloody clear the Owlbear didn't particularly care to know or respect her either, for what it was worth.

To that degree, she was even a tad surprised the Justiciar went along with it. She's somehow expected these types to be more stubborn after being, you know, insulted and called a monkey. Even though this one was nice, it sort-off took away a bit of her initial respect for them to just roll over and play nice to an insulting Owlbear... but the latter wasn't exactly wrong either in that these folk had been idiots. So all in all, she just shrugged it off. Not her problem.

What was, however, her problem, was defending Jez. Mostly because she'd made it her problem, but even so. “Being sceptical isn't the issue. Dismissing their usefulness and contributions too easily is. You can't allow someone to earn trust if you don't give them the chance to and I'd say giving her a chance might be well-worth the effort, considering the type of issues you're dealing with and the type of knowledge you might need again in the future.” That was all she wished to say on that part, although she did make it an [Ultimate Argument] just for good measure.

Ultimate Argument – Appraisal A, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Perception C, Persuasion B, Law D, Energised B – Character takes in any information they can from someone and uses it when carefully picking their tone of voice and mannerisms to convey their argument in the most persuasive manner, tailored to whatever might suit the person they're trying to convince. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown.

She was a tad surprised to see a slight smile on Jez's face, which made her return one. Look at her, making even more friends and stuff. Victorique was on fire today. That gave her an odd, but perhaps brilliant, idea. “You want to have a drink with me and Kane later, to celebrate our success?” She asked Jez. Perhaps now wasn't the ideal time, but she was still hyped up too much to care.

That's when she was all the more surprised the mushroom fellow suddenly addressed her. “{Ehm, right, thank you kindly, sir Mushroom Guardian Spirit... give my regards to the Spirit King.}” She spoke, clearly having no clue how to interact with it without feeling like she was tripping from just looking at him whilst struggling equally to find a respectful tone. She figured she'd just stash the Mushroom away in her [Pocket Dimension] for now. She had no clue what it did or was, but it was rude to deny a gift and she'd rather not be rude to this being. Doing so might not be clever.

She just nodded at the Justiciar's words, although she was eager to learn what would come of it.

Victorique would start lighting up her pipe, if she wasn't suddenly picked up into a hug. Considering her size, it'd be pretty undoable to hug her otherwise, after all. “Whaa...” She uttered, being taken by surprise. Dodgy as she was, not even she had been able to escape the clutches of this woman's gratitude.

“Right, right... I'll pass on having stuff in my honour, there's no need for such things...” She tapped Eliza's arm. “Now please... just... put me down. This is embarrassing.” She stated. That said, the next promise did make her change her mind. “Unless it's needed for the fuller. Then I can deal with it.” She quickly added, not wanting to risk the shot of riding one for her pride. Cool mecha stuff, in this one case at least, was more important than her dignity.

To her surprise, she learned even more. “Aerial!?!” She exclaimed. “Is there any chance you could drop me off at one of the Sky Kingdom's islands? I'm hoping to visit a library there! I was debating on asking my Wind Spirit companion to figure out how to get there, but this would be so much easier and better!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

She's smoked enough to debate visiting a healer soon by the time they finally got back on the latest news. Even so, she perked up when the Justiciar got back at her. “Oh wow... the whole body was a deception?” That was surprising. Even so, she did feel enough empathy to be happy for Sirena. “Lord and Lady Hoyles should be happy to learn that.”

She was, however, surprised to learn about the murder title degrees. “It would have? Oh, right, I came her to learn about murder titles! I'd almost forgotten that due to my investigation! So, they're not just depended on numbers, but also on someone's importance?” That was news to her.

At the mention of the investigation into the academy she nodded and gave an (admittedly cocky) smile. “Should you fail to figure things out, you can request for me to help out again and I'll be sure to go investigate that academy the moment I'm done from my work in the Sky Kingdoms.” She offered, still a bit curious into what she might've missed in this investigation, as there still seemed to be some more to it.

She'd give the Justiciar a respectful bow. “Thank you for informing me.” She replied to the dismissal.

She was a tad surprised they went out of their way for Kane to be given someone else to execute, but shrugged. “I'm not sure what to say. Good luck, have fun or go get 'em. Any of those sound appropriate?” She stated, somewhat serious, somewhat joking.

An odd, morbid curiosity kept her eyes glued on the sights when Kane lobbed the man's head off. She'd seen some brutality, especially in the Underbelly, but seeing it staged as a show, rather than as a bloodsport or in battle... that was new. It was a tad odd that Eliza admitted Kane wasn't bad right after the latter chopped someone's head clean off, but she figured she'd not make a comment on it. Instead, she'd play the friendship part they'd agreed on. “Congratulations.” She told Kane, figuring this first job done was an important first step to him.

Language Key: "Common" "<Beastial>" "[Terran]" "{Sylvan}"
Kane Blackburne
Kane.png

Kane simply continued a grin with Victorique’s follow up about good whiskey.

Professor Neco
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 11.31.35 PM-1-1-1-1.png

Professor Neco looked back at Victorique and nodded, paying attention to what she had to say.

“<I see as I say, most impressive, I will admit I am only fluent in common, beastial and Terran myself.>”

“<Well yes in a way, as I was saying, the the Kingdom being so close to the dark Continent has always put it’s balance in jeopardy, even more so than certain other areas in the world, but I believe there has been an increase of monster activity due to the combination of unsustainable practices and perhaps nefarious activity, and through this activity, some monsters are more than likely taking advantage of..’idiots’ as you would say.>”

Father Gresham
a0662ac3602f97c528228ec57531c109.jpg

He seemed to roll his eyes when he saw the Justiciar be so forgiving to Gyld. He then proceeded to speak in Terran.

“[While the dark one may do as he may, I respectfully really don’t see why you’re so kind to some of these people, a mere animal at that, I’ve warned you in the past that while kindness can be a virtue it can also be a weakness, as you’re here to represent the crown, It’d be more becoming of you to stand your ground more. I understand that he helped us, but that’s no reason to accept this level of disrespect.]” It appeared that Father Gresham at least agreed with Victorque on one thing even if he didn’t know it.

Royal Justiciar Corbyn
Renai.Saiban.600.2837894-1-1.jpg

The Justiciar seemed to contemplate the Priest’s words. “[I believe that creating more conflict with a potentially useful ally is unnecessary. You saw that he turned the tide in our favor..however your point is well taken, as I continue to get used to this position..]”

While Father Gresham listened to what Victorique had to say, her ability making her word more impactful, he looked reluctant, a skeptical gaze coming from him at her words. “I understand the words you speak, with that potential usefulness said in the present and the future, I still believe her to be a risk, even if I am willing to concede that she helped in the investigation as you say.” That was at least an improvement that Victorique managed to get out of him, willing to admit that Jez had been useful.

Jez
ce5f652f2048cabf8b5761047a7a8847-1-1.jpg

Jez noticed the smile prompting her to maintain contact longer. Then Victorique asked her if she wanted to go drinking with them. “I find that prospect to be pleasant, I’ll accompany you and Kane to celebrate then, thank you.” With the warmer choice of words and expression, her voice was still fairly deadpan even if it was obvious she wasn’t feeling that way otherwise, a peculiar young woman indeed.

Eliza Talton
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 9.34.13 PM-1.png

Eliza eventually heeded Victorique’s request to be put down after her arm was tapped, even as tightly as she hugged her.

“Oh pardon me! But I just simply couldn’t help myself there.” She followed up.

“I see…hm, I really would insist but I can tell that perhaps that it isn’t your style, personally I’d thoroughly enjoy such an opportunity to get the recognition I deserved by one of Rotia’s Noble families, but It’s fine.”

Kane chuckled a bit upon hearing Victorique say she’d be okay with it if it was needed to ride in the Fuller. Similar to how he was willing to make it clear he respected someone even if perhaps it made him perhaps break the walls he had put up around himself, albeit temporarily he understood wanting to ride in a Fuller. That might have been a job he would have taken on under different circumstances, adventuring in one of them.

Eliza lit up herself with a smile when Victorique appeared excited at hearing that the Fuller was capable of aerial travel.

“Well yes, it’s capable of flight..as for the Sky Kingdom, that would be a somewhat involved journey given the distance, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, particularly not if i have it changed to it’s form which has flight in mind, you see I met this traveling engineer sort from Widersia..they’re quite interesting with the sort of technology they’ve suggested combining with the magic technology of the Kingdom, so perhaps If I can consult them and see what they think if they think it’s possible with the proper work done, then I have no qualms about giving you a ride there and back, after all you saved both of my brother’s it’s the least I could do.”

Kane heard this development and looked rather intrigued by it. He had heard of the Sky Kingdom before, that was the sort of place even many adventurers never got to see in their life time due to it being out of many individual’s grasp. It only reaffirmed to him just how well off those were at the top, being able to afford such expeditions or owning what was necessary to go there outright even..he couldn’t help but feel like in some ways he yearned for that kind of freedom and mobility.
----

Justiciar Corbyn was swift to agree at Victorique’s words. “That would be my assumption, despite the recent..challenges, the perception I’ve gained is that they both care about their children very much despite the recent..more problematic personal life developments.”

She looked curious when Victorique mentioned that she had gone there to investigate murder titles.

“I suppose that’s fitting for a detective to want to learn about, but yes, it is not only quantity but the importance of who is murdered. For example, in the theoretical, if you were to be the one who murdered the King of a Kingdom you would likely earn the highest obtainable murder title grade, even if they were the only one who you killed. But it is also true that number can raise the penalty, harming large groups of people can earn hefty criminal titles as well as it sounds you’re aware.”

Justiciar Corbyn looked like she was in thought for a moment before she smiled a bit,

"I’ll make sure to keep that in mind, you certainly pulled your weight here, and I’d be inclined to pass on in my formal report that you are a potentially valuable asset to future investigations moving forward based on what I’ve seen here today. Of course I will also mention how many of you have assisted Evergate and its people as well, in the consolidated final report.”

On the latter sentence she looked to Gyld, Professor Neco, Victorique, Kane, and Jez.

She was receptive to Victorique’s respectful bow, appreciating it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Hey look I wasn’t really expecting this but I’m not complaining, not exactly unheard of either though, one day my dad was scheduled to carry out the sentence on a real mean bastard, but the guy died of natural causes on the day of his execution and they just sent out the next in line, anyway, I can use all the luck I can get around here, so I appreciate it.” He grinned back.
----

Kane on the other hand looked a bit skeptically at Eliza after she told him that.

“What, you think it’s not so bad that I just lopped that criminal’s head off?” He’d snicker.

“Maybe the Taltons have a darker and more interesting history then I would have guessed, but that’s not really my problem, but truthfully I don’t really care much what you think, I just know that I believe that only those who earned it should be on the receiving end of my ax.” Kane said to the point.

It appeared even Kane had found her choice to tell him that after the act odd, but in his case humorous.

Eliza huffed, “Ugh, even when I try to turn advice into action, you commoners really are all the same aren’t you?” She’d pout, it seemed the humor that Kane had found on her somewhat less than appropriate timing was lost on her.

However the executioner did give Victorique another smile when she told him that. “Thanks for staying, given well you know,..but even I can admit it’s nice that my first friend got to see my first one.”
He then paused for a moment.

“It feels..a lot different when you’re the one doing it instead of watching closeby and helping to get the supplies ready.” He said a bit reflectively.

“Anyway..if that’s all, guess we should go get that drink then huh?” He said looking to Victorique then Jez who had stayed the whole time and watched, her face not really changing during it.

“Wait, before you go.” Eliza held out a brown leather pouch of Rykes and held it out to Victorique.

“I did..well hire your services in my mind, so please take this, if you don’t want to partake in a gathering that’s fine, but please I insist. As for the rest of your reward please feel free to come by soon I’ll arrange for transport, here is my contact information.” She additionally handed over a piece of parchment which had address information written down in common, as well as a signature of her’s.
---
From that point once everything had been settled, and they were free to leave presumably Jez, Kane, and Victorique went off to go and get their celebratory drink, Kane recommending the same place which Gyld, Phoebe and Professor Neco had stopped at earlier, it being a place where many adventurers stopped and being more diverse, he figured Victorique was more likely to blend in with the mixed variety of races which frequented it. It was a multi-leveled building on the main street of the village so to speak, which acted in part as a restaurant, as well as bar, and there were even some rooms above which people could pay coin to stay in should they so desire, a tavern of sorts.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 2.13.14 AM-1.png

As the trio approached the new sounds of a bard singing a different tune from before could be heard distantly on a lute of sorts, singing a song about a legendary king of Rotia who defeated a great monster in a legendary battle with his fuller, while they strummed. There were humans with various equipments from catalysts to swords, a couple dwarves drinking down large tankards of beer, as well as Fae intermingled and even a few more humanoid looking constructs, as well as people who more obviously looked like Fuller pilots relaxing after a long day’s work, and even a few Evergate militia guards. Some groups look like they were arranged by adventurer party, while others were socializing with strangers. On the ground level near the bard, there was a warm crackling fire which was pleasant on a cool night, and there was a bar not all so far away from the entrance against a back wall.

Kane walked up ignoring some of the looks he was getting, as it was pretty obvious what he was with the executioner style axe put on his back, no appraisal really needed, as well as Jez who equally ignored any attention she was getting as they entered the establishment and headed toward the back at the bar.

A strong more mature man who was reasonably well dressed stood behind it, before looking at them.
Bartender
17b66cacee6061500958158fa49cad0b.jpg

“Greetings Kane and..company? what brings you here? Did you hear all the commotion earlier? Apparently some large monster attacked right in the middle of town and there was a grand ol’ battle right then and there! It’s been the topic of conversation, some even claimed they saw a large bear help take it down, but I’m not too sure where the story begins and embellishment gets it to end, anyway what can I get for ya?”

“Guess I'll get something a bit more festive than my usual, whatever mead you’d recommend.” Kane replied.

“Gotcha, anything for you two?” He inquired, seeming friendly enough.

Elvario Elvario

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Kane/Others TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

“<Thanks.>” She'd replied to the feline fellow's compliment on her linguistic talents. She nodded at his further explanation, as it seemed to make enough sense to not need further questioning.

On the other hand, Victorique was a tad surprised she shared a sentiment with the priest of all people. Namely about the justice not really being all that firm. She decided it'd be best not to comment on it. She would nod at the priest regarding his otherwise reluctant admission of Jez's usefulness in this case. That was enough for now.

She was rather surprised that Jez took her op on the offer. “That's great!” She spoke, wondering if she could have Kane make a second friend while at it (and make another one of her own as well). It did feel like there was a bit more than met the eyes beyond the normal deadpan gaze of Jez's.

Upon being released from Eliza's clutches, she tried to straighten her clothing back up a bit. On the one hand, Victorique was a bit of a prideful creature. Being in the spotlight could be fun. One the other hand, she'd seen what most of these nobles were like and really didn't fancy interacting with them more than necessary. “Perhaps one day in the future, once I also figure out the details of who or what even caused the mushroom guardian to turn into a monster.” She'd state, still wondering what more there was to it, as it felt too coordinated to be a mere accident.

She got a lot more excited about the possible journey to the Sky Kingdom. “Oh, that seems great! I've only been to the shire parts of Widersia, so I have no clue what Clockhaven is like, but mixing their technology and magic seems like it'd be interesting, especially if it can get me to the Sky Kingdom!” She was already eager to go, but it'd have to wait a bit longer.

The justiciar's explanations of titles were some good information to gain. “Do you know if someone's status can overrule a criminal title of their own? From what I've gathered, crimes against criminals wield no criminal titles, right? So if someone really high up, like a king or emperor, were to theoretically steal once, would that mean even the high great [Murder] title one might gain would be voided by a low grade [Thief] title held by such a person?” She asked, really curious to get into the nitty-gritty of this, now that she was finally back on topic with her original quest.

Needlessly to say, Victorique replied to the recommendation comment with a proud smile. Getting her name praised in some official documents was always a good thing.

She wasn't sure how to reply to Kane's gratitude, other than a hesitant “You're welcome.” as it wasn't exactly a party they were dealing with. It was kind-off gruesome to lob a man's head off in a public display, no matter how you looked at it. “I can imagine.” She replied at his comment at how different it felt. Ending someone's life... that was a thing she'd never hope to experience, even though she might be investigating people to the point she'd sent then into such a fate before long.

To her surprise, she was handed a decent bit of money by Eliza. “Thank you.” She replied, putting the bag in her [Pocket Dimension] for now. She did chuckle at the 'please, I insist' part. “I'll admit there's not a lot of need to insist, as I just realised I wouldn't even have enough money to find a room for the night if I didn't accept~” She made a bit of a joke out of it, but with a decent part of her meagre earnings going to tobacco, this was a financial windfall she could really use. That said, she went from nearly broke to having a fair bit of spare change, so she'd glance at Jez and Kane. “First round is on me.”

Upon receiving the contact info, her smile continued. “I'll be looking forwards to visiting soon!” She replied, as other than the transport deal, she did wonder if Eliza's house would be as fancy as the Hoyles place had been. She hadn't really been able to enjoy hanging out in that one considering the circumstances, but she did like the idea of getting a taste of the luxury life of a rich person.

Upon arriving at the bar, she couldn't help notice it felt a fair bit different than the rest of the town. “It's surprisingly cosy.” She commented. “A large monster attacking? That sounds like quite the thing.” She replied, chuckling a bit at her 'joke' to the Bartender. “Let's say we got a front-row view of it.”

You know, the one thing she absolutely hated in this new life? Having to order booze at a bar without being able to look over the counter. It seemed like her challenges hadn't ended yet, as she'd order. “A double of your finest whiskey please, no ice. It's cold enough already.”

Instead of becoming apologetic. Father Gresham seemed to scoff,

“I can assure you I am distinguished by a divine connection far beyond your comprehension, Balance of nature? This land is for us to use by divine right, we are the chosen people by the Valcori, Faith and faith alone will allow us to survive and thrive. It is those who have fallen away from the path of righteousness and choose to blaspheme as well as the monsters who cause our plights. This is my truth, so say what you will then. Even if you choose not to speak to me again, I will say that I appreciate that you helped save lives here, as that is undeniable."

A sort of ambivalent response of sorts to Gyld, irrespectively it seemed to Father Gresham Gyld wasn’t exactly the target audience of his religion, it was more than likely he was skeptical of anything related to what appeared more in line with the Fae religion to him.

"HA!" Gyld chuckled low in his throat, "You recall just the one life. A hundred years perhaps? Come and seek me out after a thousand years of comprehension. A tree grown in a green house has roots twisted by the pot it was raised in. Only the deep forest trees have depth and breadth to their roots, touching upon mysteries and truths the span the whole forest." And because he liked to get the last word in, Gyld turned his back on Father Gresham and padded away from the monkey priest.

Upon getting Gyld’s full attention he nodded in agreement. “<I fear that the increased monster activity is more systemic than they believe. While I am uncertain if it is possible to bring complete peace, I do believe that with effort the balance of the light and the dark will be achievable, after all whether one wishes to accept it as truth, monsters are part of nature.>”

Professor Neco looked intrigued as to what Gyld was referencing, like perhaps he’d be keen on hearing more about either.

"<Of course Professor! We toiled beyond the walls of this fort, righted the balance of the North, and those that matter know.>" Gyld tilted his beak towards the sky and let out a loud shriek of raw, primal authority. "<I was never too inclined to contain and encircle life as these city dwellers are.>" Gyld shrugged. "<City dwellers tend to overwhelm nature, introduce solutions which only overwhelm nature more.>" Looking out over the populace Gyld was about to say more but for once didn't saw the words on his mind.

At the next point that Gyld was clearly displeased with the way he was being referred too, that was when Kane felt like speaking up.

“Hey, could everyone y’know try to learn his name at least? I mean he seriously helped this whole place out, the battle could have gone the other way had he not been here to assist, one of the fullers had already started to fail and the other ones while putting in the work just weren’t effective enough with it’s regeneration. It was his efforts that forced the at least then monster to go on the defensive, buying enough time for Victorique to nab the idol, so, whatever you preferred to be called, that’s how I’ll call you, and I thank you for helping the people here when you were under no obligation to do so.”

Kane then symbolically took a kneel to Gyld to demonstrate his respect. He wasn’t particularly bothered by the use of the ‘monkey’ response as it was the same as the other two had called him so it was pretty understandable that Gyld said it back.

"The smell of death and blood is great on you, Kane." Gyld said, after all flattery was the surest way to his heart. "I am Gyld Aza Lyrakien, Spirit Guardian of the [Northern Eternal Glade]." Looking around at the monkey's who called themselves humans, "I set right the Wheel even if those whose lifecycles depend on it are ignorant of such actions, but I do prefer for them to praise me." Reaching out, Gyld raised one long, black owl talon to his beak and snapped it at the quick. Some small blood leaked out but he regenerated with vivid green and stark white motes from the [Northern Eternal Glade]. "Take this as a token and a pledge, should you need me, I will come."

In later years, such small totems would be priceless heirlooms to whichever tribe Kane founded, but in order for their value to rise, he did have to start planting seeds.

“I..understand that is perhaps not the most appropriate way to refer to you, as you said based on my reports you’ve done Evergate and the crown a service as he..suggests, She looked to Kane before continuing and looking back to Gyld, “I apologize for not being more sensitive. How would you like to be referred to?”

Thankfully this Justiciar was not only kind in her sentencing so far it seemed but she also wasn’t getting all high and mighty and being spiteful toward Gyld, demonstrating at the very least that she had some sense that what had been said hadn’t been cool.

"It is quite inappropriate to refer to anyone who helps by such base and inaccurate terms, but I've seen kingdoms do much worse to their allies, known or unknown." Gyld gestures towards the Spiritual Guardian of the Mycelium Network. "Neglected, abused, and cast aside, then," Gyld gestured back towards Father Gresham, "Then justified through arrogance of superiority. Kill the bees because they stung you, ignore the fact that you stole their honey or that without the bees all your crops will die within a season or two." Gyld brightened thought, as repetition breeds faith as no doubt Father Gresham knew. ""I am Gyld Aza Lyrakien, Spirit Guardian of the [Northern Eternal Glade]. I set right the Wheel even if those whose lifecycles depend on it are ignorant of such actions, but I do prefer for them to praise me. A song should be commissioned to commemorate this battle." His intense, liquid gold eyes continued to stare down at the justicar, "It was an epic battle with a satisfying conclusion."

“:For the question which you ask, I fear that my memory may not be entirely complete, but there are living beings who I believe would benefit from being punished for their deeds, if not by you, by someone. They are contributing to this imbalance. While there is unsustainable human activity here, which I have adapted to over the years, I will say the ones who I believe are tipping the scales of burden out of balance are the ones which I encountered. When I was compromised I remember a circle of hooded figures, some who were wielding catalysts, others daggers.. and it wasn’t all much longer after that point, I may have lost consciousness..whether or not they were cultists as the human judge inquired, I am uncertain. I encountered this group beyond the walls, or perhaps it was more accurate they seeked me out and targeted me.:” It looked like the Mushroom guardian could understand common but perhaps did not speak it itself, or it did not desire to use such a language.

“:Even so, Gyld, one who guards the Glade and North, for restoring me I would like to present you with this gift, if you would accept it. I do hope that those here learn to understand and respect you better.:” The mushroom guardian then presented Gyld a decent sized colorful mushroom which looked psychedelic in color scheme similar to the way it did.

Gyld nodded expecting as much. For the second time, Gyld snapped off one of his [Natural Weapon E] black owl talons and gave the totem to the Guardian. ":We have a concordance. You have given me of you, and I give you of me. By chemical, word, or [Glade], send for me and I shall restore the Wheel once more.:"

Before he looked back over to Gyld, with a bit of a meek smile. “<Unfortunately I myself have been on the receiving end of being referred to as ‘cat’ by less than friendly people, but I will say that I have met many good people here too, those like Phoebe who are quite kind and do not judge me for being different. Those who are noble and help those in need selflessly, or understand that some actions have consequences for the collective. While humans are imperfect, I can see that they are capable of good too.>”

For now the Mushroom Guardian waited to hear from anyone else who wished to speak to it but it was likely that it would depart as it had said soon enough to go and take care of the mess that had been made.

"<Come Professor, we've one more stop tonight. As we've yet to commission a song for our grand adventures.>" Hefting the gleaming mushroom, "<Singers and dreamers would appreciate such magic mushrooms. We will find a bard and share a dream with them, a dream which shall serve as their muse. A dream which shall compel them to sing of our exploits.>" Gyld's eyes gleamed with glee. "<When we are done, Professor, you will be remembered as the Great Sage of the North and I its greatest Spiritual Guardian.>"

The Owlbear was freaking her out and annoying her at the same time. Which was annoying.... and freaking her out. His gaze was scary, his words irked her. “I've got no clue what you're on about, but yeah, I do have some ties to the Spirit King through my [Spirit Companion] of the winds.” She replied, figuring that was what he might've meant. Perhaps? “Right, right.” She had no clue what he was on about with his whole talk of intervening in dumping worm corpses. Sounded to her like they'd have been better off burning such things, but she was wise enough not to say so aloud.

That said, her fear was slightly conquered by his next statement. “<There's a fine line between being mysterious and being obnoxious for interacting with a detective like myself.>” She sighed. “<Although it does sound like they've been handling the situation in a rather moronic way. One that was easy to abuse or make use of.>”

"<We can agree on that!>" Gyld hooted in glee, "<They tend towards rather moronic ways.>"

Justiciar Corbyn looked like she was in thought for a moment before she smiled a bit,

"I’ll make sure to keep that in mind, you certainly pulled your weight here, and I’d be inclined to pass on in my formal report that you are a potentially valuable asset to future investigations moving forward based on what I’ve seen here today. Of course I will also mention how many of you have assisted Evergate and its people as well, in the consolidated final report.”

On the latter sentence she looked to Gyld, Professor Neco, Victorique, Kane, and Jez.

"Fantastic. See that that report turns into a song and your debt to me will be settled and I will heed your call and like as now already be there solving your kingdoms problems."

OOC: Sorry. We went out of town, had a freeze (kids had to stay home from school) and I got sick.

While the Professor sought the warmth of his laboratory, Gyld was not so studious. He enjoyed the cold air and the brisk night, and it was not yet time for a long winter's nap. Instead, he urged the Professor onwards until they could find a bard of suitable skill to share the magic mushroom with and commission a song that all the North would sing. A song that sung of the greatness of the Spiritual Guardian of the Northern Eternal Glade.

Last edited:
Language Key: "Common" "<Beastial>" "[Terran]" "{Sylvan}"

Father Gresham
a0662ac3602f97c528228ec57531c109-2.jpg

Father Gresham didn’t say another word to Gyld, either deciding it wasn’t worth arguing any longer or perhaps he had been taken by the guardian’s point, regardless he no longer spoke, but listened.

Professor Neco
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 11.31.35 PM-1-1-1-1-1.png

Professor Neco seemed to light up when he heard Gyld shriek, like it was a noise of familiarity

““<Well Said Gyld, I look forward to working forward with you in the future, from what I’ve seen today we’ll be more than capable of dealing with what needs to be dealt with moving forward. You are welcome back at my lab anytime, hopefully Phoebe will be able to join us again too, I do truly believe her heart is good and unlike many she would be likely to understand what you speak of as I do.>”

Kane Blackburne
Kane.png

The executioner was not expecting the owlbear guardian to speak well of him like that. Regardless he graciously accepted the talon gift, not really sure what else to do when you had someone who was clearly powerful offering your something which showed their appreciation of your sentiment it seemed.

“Thank you, I’ll make sure to hold onto it. Those who put themselves in danger for the safety of others selflessly, will always get some respect outta me..so to receive something like this, I really appreciate it.” Kane replied, speaking more articulately than he had in some time.

The Justiciar was somewhat surprised by Gyld saying the battle should be made into a song but she did communicate that the words he spoke were not lost on her about how there were natural connections in the world as well as cycles and reiterated that she understood what he meant, even if just to keep the peace some thanking him again, resulting in Father Gresham rolling his eyes once again.

Mushroom Guardian
lnp0buyilra91.png

“:I accept, Gyld Aza Lyrakien. Should you need me I will come too.:” The tendrils accepting Gyld’s gift.

“<Very well! I shall come along with you and we can find this bard, there should be plenty around, this time of night to talk too, If we’re fortunate we’ll find just the right one to immortalize this battle in song, afterall today was a day for the records, as bards accomplish!>” He replied cheerily.

From that point the pair went off together and would find a bard which they could share the mushroom with so that a song could be made. Eventually they would which Gyld could share the mushroom with should he desire so that a song to his liking could be made.
---

Eliza Talton
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 9.34.13 PM.png

Eliza looked pleased that Victorique sounded like she was at least entertaining the possibility of it. Of course Kane was less than thrilled, as he tended to hold the unfair opinion that pretty much all of the nobles were the same, as he had shared before, fair or not, it was his perception, nodding listlessly when Eliza mentioned the prospect of some grandiose celebration.

However he did look more interested with the dialogue about getting to the Sky Kingdom.

“That would be my hope, they’re quite bright, if anyone can figure out if it's feasible it’d be them.”

Royal Justiciar Corbyn
Renai.Saiban.600.2837894-1.jpg

Royal Justiciar Corbyn listened to Victorique’s questions. “That is correct, titles which fall under the category of criminal acts cannot be incurred from harming criminals, this is true even in the case if a King or emperor who had committed a lower offense was murdered. Instead it is likely in my professional opinion that the person who killed the leader would still earn a prolific title indicating that they slayed the leader of a nation. While it might not be marked as criminal in nature it would still cause considerable trouble for them in the place the leader they killed was from."

Kane’s face looked a bit more serious while he received the gratitude, it wasn’t lost on him that what he had done wasn’t exactly a tea party. But he did nod her way.

“Of course, I can’t let the one who saved my brothers sleep out on the streets like some of the riff raft around these parts! Should you find yourself short and need to spend the night in the Kingdom of Rotia again, let me know and I’ll to it that accomodations are made!” Eliza seemed to insist.

“Heh, thanks, while I get benefits from my job, it doesn’t really apply to drinking out at the place we’re heading too, so it’s appreciated.” Kane said with a grin once more looking to Victorique upon her hearing she’d pay.

Jez also looked to her. “Understood.” She said with a soft smile, sounding as deadpan as ever.

“As will I look forward to you coming!” Eliza replied positively.

Bartender
17b66cacee6061500958158fa49cad0b.jpg
“Oh, you weren’t kidding were you? So there really was one. Top shelf whisky you love to see it. I’ve seen others of your kind around here before, so I know you can handle your alcohol, no worries.” He said with a bit of his own chuckle, probably referencing how Victorique could pass for someone younger had she been a different race especially.

He then served up Victorique the whiskey which she requested, the bottle he pulled them from looked quite ornate, giving her the glasses of the stuff, no ice.

Kane received his mead in a more wooden circular handled type cup, which he was evidently pleased with taking a seat and drinking away.

“Yeah that’s the stuff.."

“Hopefully we’ll have many more celebrations to come.”
He said looking to Victorique and Jez. Jez had ordered a red wine, which she seemed to be enjoying herself, giving a nod to Kane at that point.

---
The trio were able to drink in merriment rather peacefully from that point onward. They had conversations and were free to enjoy each other’s company and the environment which they were in. With no disturbances after the drinking they were able to find secure rooms for the night when it was time to retire. Between the murder, execution and the battle, the snow of Evergate in the Kingdom of Rotia had indeed become much redder than it been prior, the crimson hue showing up in the snow dynamically, but hopefully with Victorque’s, Gyld’s and Kane’s contributions the snow would remain whitter for a long time to come.
---

Narrator Note: Thanks for sticking with me until the end. I understand that this was quite a long two parter roleplay. In the future I intend to be more consistent with maintaining the pace I set out to keep, and not getting as sidetracked in adapting for those taking longer. I hope that you all enjoyed it nevertheless.

Goals:
Victorique Sopheana: Learn more about how titles work

Kane: Earn his Royal executioner title by performing his first execution

Gyld: Restore natural balance, Increase his notoriety as a guardian and status as one to be worshipped.

Note: Do not add suggestions to sheet until confirmed approved by a grader.

Victorique Sopheana:

(Optional) [Detective of Evergate] Character has helped to solve a case in the Northern village of Evergate in the Kingdom of Rotia and saved many lives in the process. Character is more likely to be received positively by residents of Evergate. Character is more likely to receive and be trusted with investigative job offers in the Kingdom of Rotia.

Narrator bonus: (optional consumable) Colorful Shroom
A colorful hallucinogenic mushroom imbued with magic given as a gift of gratitude by a Mushroom Guardian. When consumed results in vivid hallucinations. Good for opening the mind or causing a bad trip.

Gyld Aza Lyrakien:
(optional) [Hero of Evergate] Character helped protect the Northern village of Evergate in the Kingdom of Rotia from a monster attack and helped save many lives in the process. Character's deed will be remembered and character is more likely to be received positively by residents of Evergate.

Narrator Bonus: (optional consumable) Colorful Shroom
A colorful hallucinogenic mushroom imbued with magic given as a gift of gratitude by a Mushroom Guardian. When consumed results in vivid hallucinations. Good for opening the mind or causing a bad trip.

Kane Blackburne:
(optional) [Royal Rotian Executioner F]
Character is a royal executioner for the Kingdom of Rotia. Character is an executioner still learning the ropes, permitted to execute peasants or equivalent. Employed by the crown, character does not need to pay Rotian taxes or tolls and receives free mundane food and drink. Character is often perceived by many in Rotian society as an outcast for being considered impure.

Elvario Elvario gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

No shocker, this being a 2nd parter makes the beginning a bit of a catchup for a reader. Too bad not everyone made it to the end. Seemed like pacing was a bit of an issue. Wondered if the last 2 pages of the rp coulda been condensed some. Rp feels like a nice conclusion to an opening chapter in Kingdom. Spring is coming to Kingdom and the more brutal winter will relax for a bit.

Aftermath
less red snow than it woulda been.

Rewards

Kane- 105pts (narrator)
optional title acquired [Royal Rotian Executioner F]
Character is a royal executioner for the Kingdom of Rotia. Character is an executioner still learning the ropes, permitted to execute peasants or equivalent. Employed by the crown/Nobility Faction. Character is often perceived by many in Rotian society as an outcast for being considered impure.

Victorique- 105pts
optional title acquired [Hero of Evergate] Character helped protect the Northern village of Evergate in the Kingdom of Rotia from a monster attack and helped save many lives in the process. Character's deed will be remembered and character is more likely to be received positively by residents of Evergate.
optional item acquired [Colorful Shroom] -

Gyld - 105pts
optional title acquired [Hero of Evergate] Character helped protect the Northern village of Evergate in the Kingdom of Rotia from a monster attack and helped save many lives in the process. Character's deed will be remembered and character is more likely to be received positively by residents of Evergate.
optional item acquired [Colorful Shroom] -

Partial Rewards

Pheobe- 19pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back