• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of The Intrepid Adventurers (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
It’s a furnace golem right? So it has some kind of fire going on inside? When I used the spell I thought I’d only have to worry about Megir and maybe Ciara. In my mind, skeletons and other undead would somehow be immune to frost and so would the Golem ?
Good question. Yeah undead are immune to most conditions. If the ice is building up and making them slow down that's a different story.

Good question. Yeah undead are immune to most conditions. If the ice is building up and making them slow down that's a different story.
She cant fully heal anyone with mass heal. Can't regrow limbs. Make it a limb could reattach if it's just partially severed.

She cant fully heal anyone with mass heal. Can't regrow limbs. Make it a limb could reattach if it's just partially severed.
Now think about how much energy it will take to make that happen. How will a spell that big affect your character?

What a relationship though, a minute ago they were fighting for a girl and now they are fighting in sync, I am so proud of our babies

Hell yeah !
For real though if our one main melee fighter can be made immune to Nate's aoe, now that's really nice ! x3

It’s a furnace golem right? So it has some kind of fire going on inside? When I used the spell I thought I’d only have to worry about Megir and maybe Ciara. In my mind, skeletons and other undead would somehow be immune to frost and so would the Golem ?

I feel I should point out that if natural heat is all that it takes for the ice spell to be less effective, then Koran would be hard to freeze over too. His core body temp in this state is probably pretty high.

might be that the golem has some built in magic resistance? Or maybe Thorinn has the ability to tailor such conditions for the golem on a limited basis.

Sorry it took me so long, but I've been pointed out to the fact that my ice mist was a bit unfair, so I tweaked it. It's not an effect that strengthens over time anymore, it'll just keep freezing so long as you stay in the area, and only for a minute or so

Ive been thinking about this and since we are using dnd as a loose model for mechanics and balance, I think I will have Koran have the chance to resist or dodge an ongoing spell every turn. (In dnd this is usually a mechanic of concentration spells, not a special ability of the target).

this way a cool spell intended to have a long duration isn’t 100% hit or 100% miss, but just because it works doesn’t mean Koran can’t move for a whole minute- cuz that’s a long time in combat.

seem reasonable?

I feel I should point out that if natural heat is all that it takes for the ice spell to be less effective, then Koran would be hard to freeze over too. His core body temp in this state is probably pretty high.

might be that the golem has some built in magic resistance? Or maybe Thorinn has the ability to tailor such conditions for the golem on a limited basis.
I thought a furnace golem had something magical about the furnace >< Like, actual fire obviously can't freeze, and its core has something to do with fire, so I'd say it's more of a "magical exception" than a rule about warmth ?
As for the spell yeah, I guess it is fair. Anyway the whole thing is only meant to slow Koran down, if this was D&D I'd say only a crit success from me or a crit failure on your dodge roll would lead to being frozen for good x) like a perfect 100 or 1. Also yeah, of course, it can affect you to a various extent. You're a war beast and you have a fur, you're also in the heat of a fenzy so I don't expect the spell to cast super well on you.

He's flying above the roofs. He started from the inn, and tracked backward the trail of destruction Koran left. I don't know how close Truri is to the rest of us, so it's up to you how far he is when you post ^^
Just saw that. Im ask her for help XD

yeah haha that's his point. I assumed Koran mostly left corpses behind, not worth the time, so he's trying to find actual survivors or people in need for help

For Elre:
I'd say first off, that he can share the cost with Nate, making their teamwork all the more valuable.
Let's go for the same 100 mana pool.
Basic healing touch would cost around 5 for one light wounds, 10 for one heavy wound, and 20 for a fatal wound first aid, like barely reattaching a limb or stopping a fatal bleeding. A full body recovery from only light wounds would be 30.
For the full recovery of a fatally wounded person, 50 ?
By flying around and having some dust fall off him he could do a sort of low scale mass healing. The dust would numb the pain of those it falls on, as well as stop some bleeding and close the lighter wounds temporarily. I'd say the cost is 20 or 30, and can cover maybe 30 feet or so ? ( I never know if I should use feet or meters here >< )

There's the healing mist too, that would be shared with Nate's abilities and cost 10 each.

Some stamina recovery would be nice as well ? Maybe a reinvigorating touch ? Giving someone enough strength to stand and walk for a while even if they were on the verge of consciousness. I would say this drains 10 mana per minute or so ?
And finally, if that's a thing, erasing a curse, debuff, or magic kind of wound on one target would probably come at a high cost, so I'd say 50 and basically get Elre out of the fight for a moment then.

I know, I'm probably thinking too hard on this xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back