• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon Rider, Inspired by Eragon series

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Long ago, the land was at peace. Yes, there was war. Yes, there was famine. Yes, there was strife, but that was life in the world. Nothing the souls of the land couldn't weather, nothing they couldn't stand against banned together. Dragons soared in the sky, man plowed the field, elves practiced magic craft, and dwarves worked their smithy and mines, and the many other races did their own lifestyles. Among men and elf, and occasionally dwarf and other race, there were men and women who kept the peace and guarded the land. Bound with dragon's, Riders took to the sky to safeguard home and hearth, and limit the wars of the land. Politically neutral, they existed to keep peace and face the horrors that kept the world. But no race, no faith, no rider was prepared for the darkness that would come. Dark mages gathered in the shadows of the world, and through them did a dark empire rise. Selling their mortality for Lichdom, these mages brought upon the land a plague of undead so fearsome, so great, that no one could hope to face them in number. Armies bound together and fought on, races who held hatred for each other joined each other in glorious combat. Every army that went to battle either fell or was routed. Even the Dragon Riders, so proud and so strong, could not stand against this plague. One by one, they fell until they simply disappeared. No one knew if they died, fled, or went into hiding. Eventually, Dragon Riders became legends, and legends became myth, and myth became a bedtime story.

The lands have lost their great defenders, leaving the many races to fend for themselves to stem the tide of darkness in this endless war. But try as they might, they are losing...slowly, but surely. Perhaps a Hero or Two could arise? Perhaps chosen souls could put an end to the darkness, and save the land? Perhaps, even, bring back the Riders?

Hello all! As one can tell by reading this, I'm hoping to get a Dragon Rider rp starting, taking heavy inspiration from the Eragon series. Worldbuilding would be a cooperative thing, and it would either be done right out the gates or as we go! The pairing would either be Rider x Dragon, or Rider x Rider with their dragons, though that would require each person to play two characters. The intended theme is the classic hero story, facing insurmountable odds to bring peace back to the land. Keep in mind as this is drawing from Eragon, it will follow the template for dragons from that. They are magical creatures and bonding with them offers a lot of boons. However, they are unable to polymorph like a D&D dragon, and they cannot speak verbally. They can however speak telepathically, but it's a much closer bond with their Rider, etc etc. This won't necessarily take place in Alagaësia.

Requirements:
Please be able to post at least two paragraphs minimum. There will be exceptions obviously, some moments of a rp are very slow going and there's not much to do, but let's try to not cut each post too small.
I don't really care if you're 18 or not, so long as you're fluent with English and can do the posting size request, I'd be fine.
Be willing to collaborate on story progression and world-building, this would be quite a large world scape.
I work a full-time job, please be understanding if there are days I simply do not post. I have a bad back, I have anxiety, and I get stressed. Sometimes there will just be days I can't get something done, and I'll simply want to lay at home for once. Thank you for your understanding!​

I’m interested! I have read all the books and watched the movie multiple times! I can post up to three or four paragraphs unprompted!

R River Rose Send me a Direct Message and we can figure something out. You may have to bear with me from time to time, I haven't had a chance to read the series since highschool and that's been about five years. But as we're not using it directly but more so as heavy inspiration, we should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back