• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
It couldn't be a simple little jaunt, could it? Oh no, Frederick just had to get a nice couple of days lead on Gwynyffer Wulf which was unusual since she was generally able to catch up on his trail much, much quicker than this. The boy had run quickly, and she was now far from Lake Calenhad. Very far from the tower, indeed. She was now in the realm of Bryce Cousland, someone that she was familiar with though she tried to keep that part of her life far behind her. It would do her only harm if someone pieced together that Gwynyffer was the exact same niece of Arl Wulf that had gone missing soon after her sister was taken into the circle once her magic prowess became known. Well, with any luck people would have forgotten what the girl had looked like and just assumed that she had charged off to her death rather than doing the most insane thing she could have considered: becoming a Templar to protect her sister.

Holding the phylactery tightly in her right hand, she began tracking the mage once more. Mages were always able to be tracked through their blood, and she noticed that the pull was getting stronger and stronger. Good, she was on the right..

Gwyn swallowed as she noticed several bodies lying around in various positions, her stomach turning at the sight. She could feel the magic humming in the air, the lyrium in her veins practically singing since she had given herself a dose quite recently. She was always far more alert after a dose, though she tried not to give too much thought to it since it would only frustrate her more to think of how much of a dog she was to the Chantry. Leashed by a thin, glowing blue thread that had driven her mad once when she had been unable to get a hold of lyrium for a week.

She paused as she heard the chanting that was all too familiar to Gwyn's ears, and the Templar shifted to draw her light shield and sword in preparation for a fight. Now, how was she going to help when it was clear that she might be far-

There was a sound near by. Footsteps. The redhead ducked down a little to observe for a moment. Were these people approaching, quite the rag-tag group if she had ever seen one, here to be friend or foe to this man bound by enchantment. Swallowing her fears, the Templar stood tall and dared to take a step forward. She couldn't make out who was trapped in that glyph, but she hoped that maybe hearing a kind voice would help to bolster their resolve. She would worry about chasing down Frederick later; this was far, far more important.

"Don't worry, friend. We'll get you out of here in no time." She turned to the approaching group, a smile on her lips even though part of her knew that this group could well be working on behalf of the mage holding this person and his dog. She just hoped to Andraste that her instincts were right. "I think a little help is needed here, but first..you are here to help, are you not?" she asked, trying to take a casual tone despite the danger giving an electric current to the air.

Despite being told why she was going Sene could not believe it or understand why she of all people would be sent into a possibly very bad situation, everyone should only believe her a harmless maid. gathering herbs and such was all fine and good, but really that was not a good reason to send someone with seemingly no experience in self defense out into the forest even with others. Still Sene had not raised any protests as she was playing the part of the loyal maid for now. This could be a chance to vanish if there was enough confusion she could get separated from the others and then perhaps her employers would lose their only agent in the keep. Still Sene doubted this plan would pan out the others had to have some experience tracking people and if they found the young lord his hound could find her easy. Sene just had to play the part of the week meek maid not used to the forests. She had to try to had her comfort in the wild having spent half her life in them she was likely as skilled as anyone, yet she made sure to stumble and seem clumsy once outside the castle, of course she wasn't bad enough to slow them down but enough to seem uncomfortable and unused to the woods.

It was as they wandered deep Sene felt something she hadn't in awhile magic, someone had used magic nearby recently enough to still be detectable. This was bad very bad as Sene didn't know how the group might deal with an apostate, or worse a blood mage that had taken their young lord. It hurt to think so badly of fellow mages, but with the damned Templars around mages got desperate. The group continued on and Sene said nothing there was no way to reveal what she knew without revealing more than she could to them. Sene may have worked for the family and around many of these people for years, but still she would never want to reveal she was an apostate, and a malificar. Then they found Zeddicus trapped by a magical glyph. If Sene had a little time she likely could inspect the rune and figure out what it was and how best to disable it. That however, was impossible with the others around; though perhaps she could claim she heard something and have the others go searching for more of these people while she worked. The people on the ground didn't seem orlesian, but they could be in disguise. Sene did not like this situation on so many levels, but soon it got even worse for her.

Coming out from the forest was something that Sene hated the most, a Templar. It was Templar's fault her life was the way ti was if they had just not been complete dicks threatening children then she could have lived a normal life, she would have never felt the need to help her people and prove herself. Still it was a testament to her will that Sene didn't do something stupid upon the sight of her most hated foe as right now that would be the worst possible move. The Templar could counter magic she could release Zeddicus, though if a Templar was here then there really was an apostate running about, though was her run away the one that did this. Sene would this time take a little charge and play the worried maid begging for someone to help her lord.

" Thank the maker we have run into you Templar our young lord has been missing for days and we came out to search for him and found this" She said gesturing and with each word he sounded closer to being in tears. " You must help him free him from whatever vile magic that is" She begged sounding like the overly worried and scared maid, and in truth she was worried with how long Zeddicus might have been stuck there.

redroseknight redroseknight

Last edited:
Ser Riona Gilmore

It did not at all surprise the young knight that His Lordship had chosen her, along with Mathias, to lead a small group in charge of locating Zeddicus and assuring his safe return; in fact, she had quite expected it. As second to Lord Fergus Cousland, who would one day be Highever's Teyrn, it was her responsibility and duty to go on such missions, and one day, to lead them. Although Riona hoped Zeddicus had not found himself in too much of a predicament, she relished the opportunity it provided to test her skill and prove her worth as one of Highever's more prestigious of knights.

Without a word, as to not interrupt the Teyrn's continued order, she pointed to her two chosen knights, Ser William Bailey and Ser Darla Cadigan. Ser William, as he preferred to be called, was one of Highever's well-known heart-throbs, and one of the more popular knights in the Cousland Castle. He was young, easy-going, and kind-hearted, and Riona thought he would be a good match for Zeddicus' second. The other knight, Ser Cadigan, was another contender. She was in her early thirties but still had many strong decades ahead of her. Unlike Zeddicus or Ser William, she was more on the strict side, but she was hardworking and dependable, and Riona knew she could count on her to assist Zeddicus in all matters.

Leading an excursion was not at all what Riona had assumed the experience to be like. For one, she had hardly done any real leading, having chosen to take the rear to provide a layer of protection on all sides for the elven maid, Sene, whom Riona doubted had any combat ability.

Mathias' skill as a tracker proved useful, and although it took some time, the group finally came upon a small clearing in the woods littered with nearly a dozen bodies. A pang of worry and a sharp pain in Riona's heart at the sight set her into motion, scanning the fallen for evidence and clues. She audibly gasped when she noticed scorch marks along some of the surrounding trees, reaching out to touch them with her fingers. Her hands shook as she stared at the black soot upon her fingertips, memories of fire nearly engulfing her family's barn replaying in her mind.

"There have been mages here," her voice wavered.

Her attention was soon brought to a low humming noise, and then a shout as Zeddicus was found, lost in some prayer or meditations, trapped in some sort of magical entrapment- a glyph of sorts. Her eyes widened and she looked to her fellow companions at a loss. None of them were mages, and it was not known how long Zeddicus had been trapped inside, or what could trigger the glyph if anyone attempted to touch or disable it. She was about to suggest two of them go back to the castle for help when a rustle from the bushes behind her caused her to swing around, sword in hand.

A templar. It was only a templar. Thank the Maker for such luck! With a sigh of profound relief, she nodded along to Sene's pleas for help and, sheathing her sword, stepped forward.

"The Maker has truly blessed us with your presence this day," Riona bowed slightly. "I am Ser Riona Gilmore of Highever, second to Lord Fergus Cousland. We have been sent by Teyrn Bryce to locate and rescue his youngest son, Lord Zeddicus." She motioned her still dirty hands towards the glyph. "This magic is beyond us. If you would be so kind as to assist us..." her voice trailed off as she looked at Zeddicus again. He looked exhausted, helpless even, a huge difference to his usual confident and playful demeanor. But he had still yet to acknowledge anyone around him.

"Can he hear us?" She turned again to the templar, her brows furrowing with great concern.

{Saar-Aqun}

The Tal-Vashoth had said little since being called for the meeting. The extra mission wasn’t expected, but not unwelcome. A little diversion would be good. What did bother her, however, was the inclusion of the maid Sene. This was a rescue mission. Putting a laborer in a situation for warriors was unwise. But, this was a bas thing. They had...what was the word? Romantic. Yes. Romantic notions about life and how it should go. Saar-Aqun may have come to accept freedom of choice as a good thing, but years under the Qun had left her with a practicality when it came to situations like this. She wasn’t sure how much the human knights would care about an elf’s safety as apposed to the life of one of their ruling class. The responsibility, it seemed, would be hers.

When the party set out, Saar-Aqun kept to the center of the group. She left her axe on her back. Unless something big happened, she would let the Knights do the heavy weapon lifting. That was the plan, anyway, until they found the bodies. Ill-omens for their objective, particularly with magic involved.
“Bas Saarbas.” The Tal-Vashoth muttered under her breath as she pulled her axe out.
Her pessimism about the situation lifted slightly when Zeddicus was found, albeit in a glyph trap. Considering all the horrible fates magic could lead you to, this one at least had some hope. That hope seemed to be borne out by the discovery of a Templar.
“The human Maker must like Zeddicus.” Saar-Aqun mentally mused.
As the others sought aid and answers from the Templar, Saar-Aqun moved closer to the glyph trap and Zeddicus, trying to study the surroundings for clues. She didn’t know much about this area, thus the source of this magical problem varied. Unknowns in a situation like this were dangerous. She sidled closer to Sene.
“Tell me of these woods.” She said quietly to the elf, letting the humans do their thing. “Are there more than...apostates at large here?”

Karcen Karcen

It had been three days almost and still it felt much longer. The sound was of Grace’s whimper that was once more of a painful cry echoed in his ears like a sad tune playing over in his mind, the pain felt in sympathy and guilt as there was nothing he could do for her now, only a limited comfort from a hand that was little more then gesture and reassurance he was there for her.

Grace always had his back and recent events only proved that ever more certainly. She was injured in the last battle taking a dagger meant for him from a cowardly attacker that appeared from shadow and shroud, only came to notice seconds before the dagger landed and a loyal hound leapt from her position to take blow herself but didn’t fall til the man lay dead at her paws. The wound was potentially worse then he had hoped, but still when it was all over and the enemy lay dead around them, She got to her feet and pressed forward with Zeddicus despite his protests to wait here and rest, she was not one to be commanded when her master would face danger, no matter her pain and state of...

Nearly three days without food or water, a presence of magic that they could not overcome held them still and prisoner. It came like a nightmare and others wishful dreams, the power of hunger over ones mind if left growing for long enough could cast illusions of ones own without need for magic and its assistance. For some time now, perhaps hours, Zeddicus began to succumb and fought with resistance, learning it was all illusions to weaken his resolve.

When figures of familiar faces hadn’t played upon his mind, it was faces belonging to those seeking laughter at his trapped state and the teasing of food and drink, threatening of harm to those unable to defend themselves, mere taunting that proved effective, yet his resolve began to renew and resistance strengthened, Zeddicus was not the most absolute and blindly of follower and of belief in the maker, yet still he was faithful enough and looked to the more preferred and real figure in Thedas lore and history, Andraste, the young warrior prayed to the once barbarian woman who fought against the imperium and looked to her for strength.

He had been chanting for so long that nearly all else was sounded out, even while his words were softly spoken and not as loud as they once were, they still kept his ears and mind focused like a trance. The young lord hardly took notice to anything or anyone for believing they too could be only illusions and he’d not succumb a second time nor period of it. But still.....

They were still, here......

Taking a chance and lifting his head in silenced voice. Zeddicus looked to see this figure who’s voice called to him, calling him, ‘friend’ , But as his eyes dare gaze upon her no familiarity came to mind, no source of recognition that a demon or hunger brought illusion could play, least not one that resembled those who came before. Either his chanting and faith in andraste weakened and could no longer aid him in this cursed prison or they were true, a real presence offering the help he sought. Was it the fading of his faith to the beloved Andraste or had the greatest of hope finally arrived to free him?

Before the man could speak his mind once more was cast into doubt as now familiar voices arrived and was greeted by the new figure who appeared like a red haired Templar. Was this a trick? Had the illusions grown more complex and intelligent? No. No. No. No, He’d not allow trickery into his mind yet still Sene, Jagnar, Mathias, that Qunari woman... Saar-Aqun and was that Ser William and Ser Darla alongside Ser Riona? How deep had this illusion delved to make such a strong presence? No. The longer it went on the more certain and clear he became, Zeddicus was becoming more and more alert, aware and willing to believe this was no illusion.

“Three days...” Zeddicus began dry of mouth and after the pleas from Sene and words shared by Riona. “... I believe...” His speech well spaced between words and pauses. “No rest, food or water... I thought you all illusions playing upon my mind... like the rest who came before.” Zeddicus spoke of his state of being and referenced some of his experiences. “ I do not... know you.... Templar...” Zeddicus paused once more swallowing a bit in wasted effort to clear his voice and moisten his throat. “But I’d welcome any aid you can offer me and in turn repay such a debt anyway I can.” The young noble added humbled tone. The experience of late tested his confidence and strength, brought question to his mind of many variety and could not allow for bravado and pride to get in his way

“My injuries are minor, I believe, I’m far more concerned for my Grace.” He made certain to place any concern for welfare toward his hound and away from him. Caring little for what pain and suffering he might have endured and suffer still when his Grace or others required assistance. “You know not the pain or guilt one feels when hearing the pained cry of a mabari.... left unaided for so long and left helpless in being able to do anything for them.” Zeddicus spoke trying to look toward his grace and into those big brown eyes of hers. “I’m sorry, my girl, just hang on a bit longer, please...” The noble plead saddened and wracked with guilt. The pair were stubborn and playful, neither would allow the other come to harm and when they did it was never easy to take. Meanwhile Grace stirred a little and in what way she could answered in turn, likely a agreed and accepted order or plea to hold on for a time longer.

“I appreciate the time and efforts of your search, Ser Riona. Ser William. Ser Darla. Sene. Jagnar. Mathias and Saar-Aqun.” Zeddicus spoke sincerely thankful though a bit puzzled. While he knew it was his own doing for getting caught up in this mess and the others sent by his father and a sense of duty to see to his aid. He was still thankful and earnest in his words. “Once we return I owe you all a drink and a debt for your aid.” Zeddicus added with a small bow of his head and nod, he’d offer a arm to his chest and be far more custom to such gestures but he had only so many hands and both were occupied at the moment.

“I hadn’t expected... this... of all things...” His voice uttered trailing off into further concern.

Her shoulders relaxed beneath her armor when the group spoke of how this young man was the one that they had been seeking. Good, there were no threats to her person among this group so she could focus instead entirely on the glyph at hand. Her smile turned a bit brighter, and she shook her head. Curls of a bright copper hue bounced off her shoulders and contrasted greatly with the gleaming silver armor that she wore. First she spoke to Sene. "Peace, fair maiden, you need not wrinkle your brow in concern for the young master any longer. I can indeed break this glyph that holds him hostage."

"I am Knight Captain Gwynyffer, Templar of Kinloch Hold. I was seeking an apostate who escaped the Circle almost a fortnight ago. I do not know if this is his doing, but I will unbind the young lord. Even if it were not my duty as a Templar, I would be compelled to give my aid in this situation. I never could turn away from a beautiful lady's pleas," she teased with a wink to Riona and Sene's direction. So cavalier even in this situation that was so dire.

Then the Templar turned her attention to Zeddicus, her expression softening as she stepped forward. "Your grueling nightmare is at an end, friend. Hold fast for just a few moments longer and you and your mabari shall be able to feast til your hearts are content." Despite how completely at ease the Templar seemed, she was genuinely worried about Zeddicus. How long had he been subjected to the torment that demons and foul Fade creatures could play on a human mind? The fact that he was unbroken after days of starvation and torture said much about this young man's constitution. She was impressed, and it made her want to save him and his dog all the more.

Gwyn took in a breath and drew her sword. The Templar approached Zeddicus and stopped just a few feet away. Yes, she could feel the pull as she began to concentrate her will as well as utilizing the lyrium coursing through her veins. Gwyn's breathing began to slow, and she closed her eyes. The world began to shift around the place where the glyph was located. A serious look crossed the Templar's face, and she channeled her will to get a firm grasp on the reality around her. The blade in her hands began to glow blue and she cut the air clear down to the ground. She opened her eyes to look at effects of her abilities. The glyph was no longer binding the poor man and his dog, the spell shattering in a brilliant display of colors. Gwynyffer sheathed her sword and knelt to extend her hand to Zeddicus.

"You are free, young lord, and you owe me nothing in return for your freedom from this mage's grasp. I was luckily in search of an apostate when I crossed your path." She turned to look at the group of strangers who had been searching for the young lord. "If you have not food or water, I have both at my encampment just down the hill. I don't believe the lord is capable of walking back to the hold from which he came. I offer the use of my horse."

Gwynyffer felt empathy for Zeddicus' plight, and she was once more reminded that her duty was to protect and help people like him who were assaulted by rogue apostates. Yet she also remembered her sister being a mage, her freedom stripped from her due to an ability she never asked for. There were extremes on either end,and Gwyn was still trying to find a balance between her duty as a sister, as a protector and her oaths as a knight templar. Her heart was torn, and she was honestly capable of being tugged in either direction with the right guidance. She put on such a wonderful facade of being happy in her life as a templar, but there were many nights she was kept awake by the demons that she couldn't slay. The wrongs she saw committed and couldn't stop. The fear that her sister would meet a foul fate.

These thoughts were tucked away, and she swallowed before putting on that carefree smile. She could brood later; right now she had people to help, three ladies to flirt with, and an apostate to find.

Sene for a moment let out a sigh of relief the Templar would aid them though Saar-Aqun was thinking ahead to other dangers. Sene didn't really know of any dangers as it wasn't like there were constant bandits around whoever these people were they weren't locals. Sene could only really tell where these people were not from and even then she could be wrong. The main thing was to get Zeddicus back to the keep out of danger and getting away from the Templar. While Sene was glad that there was a way to free the young lord hearing the Templar complement her made Sene's skin crawl. The Templars were her enemies they were the worst of the worst, dogs of the chantry kept in line with lyrium. Sene knew enough about them to know they abused their power over mages, that they sought to kill or turn any mage tranquil for any reason. The Templar were corrupt and to Sene each and every one of them was rotten as she still remembered everything they had done to her people threatening to kill children while laughing. There was no good Templar in Sene's mind even if this one was helping them that was because she didn't have a mage in her sight to torment. Sene had to work hard to hold her smile and bring a slight blush to her face instead of try to jump on the Templar and try to strangle her.

While the Templar did her work on the glyph Sene turned to Saar-Aqun to explain what little of the forest she could " The forests isn't really known for bandits and such but the rumors maybe right about there being a sizable amount of people hiding out" Sene explained as the glyph was shattered by the shining sword of the Templar. " Though these don't look like normal bandits they look almost like mercenaries" She continued the irony of saying that to a mercenary was not lost on her. " Now i must attend to my lord" Sene said as Zeddicus was freed.

Sene rushed to her lord kneeling by him as one normally would to hope to steady the weak and injured making sure he could stand on his own and help him walk should he need it. Sene knew to the others this would likely be the only thing she could do. Sene was worried about Grace but if she could be alone with the hound and her young lord she could perhaps heal them a little without anyone noticing. " You shouldn't speak anymore just focus on standing and walking my lord " Sene said being right beside him to help him every step of the way if need be.

{Saar-Aqun}
Saar-Aqun listened carefully to Sene’s answers, nodding her understanding. So, outside forces did this, but for what? Was this linked to why she had been hired to craft healing items? Or was this something unrelated to the Couslands, and the young lord stubbled into something? There was still a lot of questions, and this wasn’t the place for it.
“I will carry the mabari to the Templar’s camp.” The Tal-Vashoth said, scooping up the war dog. “I suggest we move as quick as possible. Lord Zeddicus might still have been intended as bait.”
Saar-Aqun eyed the Templar for a moment.
“What supplies do you have at your camp?” She asked. “Any herbal ingredients?”

Ser Riona Gilmore

Riona watched in apprehension, the feeling in the pit of her stomach growing with each additional second Zeddicus remained locked in his magical prison. Her eyes fixated on the amazing prismatic display before her as the glyph seemingly dissipated, and with a shuddering sigh of relief, she rushed towards him.

"My Lord!" She cried out as Sene simultaneously assisted Zeddicus with his balance and offered him her waterskin with a look of worry plastered across her face. "We've water but little food." She turned her attention toward the group's savior, this convenient Templar, allowing Ser Cadigan to take her place on the other side of Zeddicus, who provided him with what little rations they held.

"Knight-Captain Gwynyffer, you said? Regardless of your generosity, I can assure you the Couslands will wish to reward you in one way or another. Perhaps we could lend some of Highever's Knights in your service if you've ever a need?"

Ser William's mouth pouted slightly as the large Qunari woman held Grace; he poured some water into his left palm and allowed the mabari to lap it up continuously. He had never seen a dog so eager for water, but it was her wounds that concerned him the most.

"Careful where your hands are placed, Ma'am," he spoke to Saar-Aqun in a soothing tone, grateful that she had enough foresight to ask about the camp's medicinal stock.

Riona nodded at the Qunari's questions as well, her gaze still focused on the firey-haired woman. "If your camp is not too far, it would behoove us indeed to take a short rest there. I am not sure Our Lord could make such a journey without some food in his belly."

Gnawing at the back of her mind was the notion that whoever the mage this templar had been chasing was, they might still lurking around nearby.

“Unless your man could turn into a woman, you’ve nothing to worry over, though surely doesn’t ease your complications much.” Zeddicus spoke softly closing his eyes and forcing back the sight of the woman in his mind. “She was a mad one.... Never seen a mage like her before,” He continued returning to a silence. The young lord would offer more formal and proper greetings for the knight captain but between his circumstances and all else, he could offer little more then a nod and offering assurance that her man was not the mage responsible. Meanwhile he braced for what would come as the Templar called Gwynyffer said she could indeed break the glyph.

The feeling of the earth rattling beneath his feet and around his perimeter was almost a welcomed if uncertain sensation of nearing freedom from this spell prison. Once the shattering bliss of colors scattered amidst the air, Zeddicus felt his hand slide down the hilt of his great sword as his body near collapsed, looking up toward the knight captain as she offered a hand the young lord reached up and took it with his other as Sene and Riona aided the young lord to his feet. Eyes looking toward his grace who found herself in the arms of Saar-Aqun and given water by Ser William, the concern for his hound overcoming his own condition and allowing him to ignore the pain in his side and shaking feel in his legs.

“I’ll survive... Grace needs more then I,” Zeddicus replied in attempt to reassure Riona and Sene, the smile upon his face was weak but attempted still, the look in his eyes weary and absent of their common presence, however he continued to attempt to move concern from him to others.

Meanwhile his body was wracked with the pain of hunger and injured ribs, his head felt in constant battle with the shadows surrounding his mind in ever alert paranoia after the encounter with the mage and her band of mercenaries. “Those mercenaries work for a disgruntled lord, I’m certain of it, through her madness she referenced another without a name..... She broke her speech pattern... for it..” He spoke stopping as he grimaced in pain, accepting the water and rations that was offered as Ser Cadigan came to his side in replacing Ser Riona. “My pride is incapable of arguing about need of a horse or whether I can return home without a rest.” Zeddicus responded to the idea of camp and a short rest despite his urge and desire to leave the forest, return to highever castle and distance himself from the place where his nightmare came to reality.

While elsewhere came a echoing voice shrieking about the trees, the sounds of her madness filling the air with her tone and accompanied by the snapping of twigs, kicking of rocks and ever nearing steps that began to surround the group. Zeddicus turned his head and looked toward the trees with a mixture of concern and anger as well as pain took over his expression. “She’s returned...” He uttered softly

“Hahaha.... Click, clack, Patty is back!” The woman’s voice sounded in echo around them. “ Lord Cousland... I’m ready to play a game with you, don’t you want to play with me again?” She continued as Zeddicus moved his hand and tried to tighten the grip he had on his sword. Whilst mercenaries began to surround the party as the apostate spoke.

(Apologies for the poor post, but, least we can move forward a bit.)

Ser Riona Gilmore

“She’s returned...”

Zeddicus's words, although spoken softly, sent a shiver down Riona's spine and her eyes widened at the sound of twigs breaking in the near distance. Soon enough a voice could be heard throughout the trees, the shrieks of a madwoman accompanied by the footsteps of her cohorts encircling the group's location. They were surrounded.

Riona's blood ran cold, but her body automatically responded to the threat, unsheathing her weapon and backing up to position herself in front of the young Lord Cousland and the castle servant Sene. Ser Cadigan and Ser William seemed to share the same idea, both joining Riona to enclose Zeddicus behind a wall of flesh and metal.

Her breath ragged from the adrenaline now pumping through her veins, Riona cocked her head at the Templar, a woman who might soon end up their savior for the second time this evening.

"We've no experience shielding ourselves against mages. Any advice would be welcome."

DE151907-6A48-4F77-B72A-A7E29BFDA856.jpeg
It had been over a week since the dreaded encounter within the forests of the coastlands. A innocent venture seeking what rumors tell of many prints left in the dirt and marking a presence foreign to Highever eyes, the toll it would cost him... a Teryn’s son, youngest of his noble parents and second heir to the lands and lordship of Highever... He could not have known.

Zeddicus Cousland was never one to sit idle and order about busy guards and knights over a matter that could be little or nothing at all. He sought adventure, excitement and proving his worth beyond just a name given to him at birth and through the blood he carried within those veins and flowed like any other. But this latest venture proved greater then he could have imagined, near fatal to his hound and harmful to himself, his mind, would not recover so easily as the physical wounds he endured from the battle.

Left trapped within a glyph for days til the arrival of Ser Riona and a few knights amongst others, the timely meeting of a Templar from the circle tower in fereldan and he was free. But the mad jester of a woman never intended to leave so early, or allow such a easy departure from her grasp, No.... The blood mage known as Patty, who’s maniacal laugh was a like a shrieking to ones ears and just as terrible as it sounds and could be heard from seemingly miles away yet as close as ones own heartbeat.

The blood jester he called her had returned accompanied by even more men. They surrounded the Templar, the highever knights, young lord, his hound, a gruff dwarf, a scout and a mercenary as well as the elven maid Sene. A great battle ensued after much taunting and madness from the blood mage as she played her game, through pride and a vengeful hate fueled disgust for the woman Zeddicus attempted to join in the defense yet little effort was all he could muster and even that was too much. However the group through much trial and bloodshed fought til the end and persevered over the blood jester and her band of hired hands.

Through the rubble and midst of corpses they found evidence that coupled with the bodies from earlier, gave reason to believe they were all hired to move against the lands of highever. Only a coded name and vague details for clues gave anything to go off of that could shed more light and reveal the mind and coin behind this plot. She, the woman called Patty was further promised as much fun and playthings as she desired in return for this service.

Only more disturbing thoughts creeped into ones mind after laying eyes upon such rewards that were promised. The group eventually returned to highever yet Zeddicus refused to inform his father of the note or the potential trouble ahead for Highever. He had enough on his mind already and it could only prove a grave mistake either way. Instead the Teryn and Terynir became aware of the blood mage and her band of sword hands, as well as the toll they’d done to their son and his hound, as well as the threat they posed to the group and highever in the immediate future.

Now a few days away from highevers forces going south to join the Kings army at Ostagar in battle against the darkspawn horde, led by Bryce Cousland and Fergus with Zeddicus being left behind with a small host of men to gird highever and look after things while he’s away and his mother visits with lady landra. The young lord proved stubborn and busy doing his best to personally recruit volunteers to join the guard and begin immediate training, talk with the elves of the alienage in hopes of rallying them behind his banner and the banner of his family and highever without scaring them with details of what’s true and could come to highever besides darkspawn. He enlisted the aid of Ser Riona, asking of her a great deal and others who were present within those very woods including Jagnar, Mathias, Sene and the two knights.

Today however....

Zeddicus Cousland found himself bed ridden... He was still recovering not from the physical wounds so much but the nightmares that yet plague his mind and haunted his sleep. Constantly tossing, turning and shuttering in his bed, the slight changes to his normal bright smile, playfulness and light flirting that blended well with his laid back and adventurous spirit. He was a caring man that never saw different races as people not his own, he saw those of highever with one view, they were all his people with one no lesser then another. It showed well of him, yet the lack of sleep and his strength of will to see to highevers defense and well being mixed poorly only adding to the struggles with a inner turmoil of war between two sides.

The young lord was working himself tirelessly and pressing on through it all whenever he wasn’t struggling to get a nights rest. The sorcery of blood magic and that mad jester of a woman with her games proved harmful even after her defeat and fatal end at the hands of the group.

Meanwhile Grace remained at his side like always even amongst her own recovery and the clear concern she shared for her master. The bond between mabari and their master was never more evident then laying glances upon the very pair of Zeddicus and Grace.

Sene had managed to not reveal herself and still did not know who had sent these people, their employer had coded their name. Sene did wonder if it had to do with her employer as the two things were so close together. This could mean that now they would know she had betrayed them, that she wasn't going to kill the Couslands. Still this didn't quite seem their work as it lacked any signs that proved it was part of the game, yet could never be tied to it. This could mean some other group or house was moving against the Couslands, no noble family was without it's rivals. If these shadowy forces were planning to come again that would mean that they would need all their forces ready including the young lord who had mostly been sequestered in his room. Sene knew what it was like to have come so close to death, to be held against your will, to be tortured, yet she couldn't just say that. Still she needed to do something and sometimes you just needed to talk to someone otherwise you might break, she hadn't but then again she had grown up with more issues than the young lord when it came to being tormented.

Sene would get her excuses to talk with Zeddicus soon enough in the form of delivering food and a special little snack for grace she snagged. When Sene came she would give Grave a bone filled with marrow and instead of knocking and perhaps being dismissed she just went inside Zeddicus' room. " My lord i brought you some food you need to eat to stay strong" She said feeling a bit awkward in that she wanted to play councilor when she was nothing but a string of bad live choices. " You know if you are still suffering from after effects from that blood mage you should tell someone. You can't be tired and make sound choices" She said not sure how to really help someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back