• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divine Games in the Playground OOC (Always Recruiting!)

GM here, thank you Idea Idea for helping while I was doing some work elsewhere. Keep that up and I might promote you to mod at some point. Now to answer the multiple character question.
Ah, don´t worry about it. I like to give a hand when I can, that´s all :)
Making me a mod would likely not work in anyone´s favor, I don´t understand things well enough for it. It just so happens that even when my internet isn´t helping, I´m still pretty active on RPN

Yeah kinda back... been pushing myself to write stuff but apparently i cant motivate fo shit.. so now im playin dis
Cool. Crimson Canines finished. XD Tammynorthland is now the new GM and he's doing a new campaign ten years into the future.

man life took me away from the Canines... im probably dead arent i XD
Simon was probably still in the hospital while his little brother kicked some enemy bahoogies in the front lines. By the way, in the end Shina left the Canines for an early retirement and went on to become an artist, Robert married Assassin, and Artemis married Alerius, Connor became a general who now has a desk job.

Simon was probably still in the hospital while his little brother kicked some enemy bahoogies in the front lines. By the way, in the end Shina left the Canines for an early retirement and went on to become an artist, Robert married Assassin, and Artemis married Alerius, Connor became a general who now has a desk job.

Awww they all had happy endings and Simons prolly died due to neural breakdown while his lil bro took his old life

MMmm... I think i understand.. on one hand i can create 2 characters but treat them as a single entity in itself under one Domain.. They contrast with each other and are weaker individually but as a whole form the strongest aspect of what they represent... that said if i went that route how would the mechanics change if ever, would their abilities be halved individually when taking actions? I could make their skills dependent on each other
They don't necessarily split anything other than combat ability, and that is so high that only legendary heroes or other gods can notice the weakness that one has without the other. I like to think of AP as "story points" that allow people to make big changes to the story fast, so it's not really a measure of strength at all, meaning that you could have one of your character's use 10/15 of your starting AP and not have any IC consequences other than that character has done more things than the other. They share the same domain/ap pool anyways, so it's not like that would affect either of them, even if one never did a notable action.

On a different note, anyone want to make a pantheon? The First is willing to be the evil Hades of the group. :angel3:

They don't necessarily split anything other than combat ability, and that is so high that only legendary heroes or other gods can notice the weakness that one has without the other. I like to think of AP as "story points" that allow people to make big changes to the story fast, so it's not really a measure of strength at all, meaning that you could have one of your character's use 10/15 of your starting AP and not have any IC consequences other than that character has done more things than the other. They share the same domain/ap pool anyways, so it's not like that would affect either of them, even if one never did a notable action.

On a different note, anyone want to make a pantheon? The First is willing to be the evil Hades of the group. :angel3:

Dunno... Magic is weird so it'd probably its own damn thang

question, can a goddess create a proxy body of herself on the playground? Like she's still in her plane but she makes a puppet for her to manipulate with wind. Or is that already considered an avatar?

I've been thinking about making one with Sleipnir Sleipnir for balance. So if they wanted more they'd need one good god and one evil one, one lawful god, and one of chaos. That sort of thing, since so far there's only two balance deities I think

question, can a goddess create a proxy body of herself on the playground? Like she's still in her plane but she makes a puppet for her to manipulate with wind. Or is that already considered an avatar?
The three AP Create Avatar action seems to work for this, so yes it's already considered unless you mean for it to have considerably less powerful, then things get fun. Nightmares, for example, could be thought of as extremely weak avatars of the First, since they are but mind-slaves with little to no independence. You could create something similar, a race of wind puppets that while act as proxies are considerably weaker than any sort of divine being. I try to avoid hive-mind races being anything major, but it's allowed technically and you could make the whole race connected to your god with but a simple Nourishment.

The three AP Create Avatar action seems to work for this, so yes it's already considered unless you mean for it to have considerably less powerful, then things get fun. Nightmares, for example, could be thought of as extremely weak avatars of the First, since they are but mind-slaves with little to no independence. You could create something similar, a race of wind puppets that while act as proxies are considerably weaker than any sort of divine being. I try to avoid hive-mind races being anything major, but it's allowed technically and you could make the whole race connected to your god with but a simple Nourishment.

Mm, so basically, even letting the winds breaking the twigs and leaves to create an image of the goddess is already considered an avatar?

No? I took "proxy body" to mean more a humanoid shape which the goddess would communicate through. For what I think you want, well, you don't need any AP to just blow some wind to make a artistic image. If you want it to be animated (without concentrating on it), magic could be used to spare AP in creating some new concept or creature, but it'd probably not be intelligent. Early Magics could with minimal concentration create the effect I think your going for, with maybe a dash of illusion magic. If that does not fit, nor a race, nor an avatar, then maybe a concept or nourishment would fit.

Sorry, I'm a but confused as to what exactly your going for but I hope this helps.

No? I took "proxy body" to mean more a humanoid shape which the goddess would communicate through. For what I think you want, well, you don't need any AP to just blow some wind to make a artistic image. If you want it to be animated (without concentrating on it), magic could be used to spare AP in creating some new concept or creature, but it'd probably not be intelligent. Early Magics could with minimal concentration create the effect I think your going for, with maybe a dash of illusion magic. If that does not fit, nor a race, nor an avatar, then maybe a concept or nourishment would fit.

Sorry, I'm a but confused as to what exactly your going for but I hope this helps.

2B6B3FA300000578-3200203-image-a-85_1439756721383.jpg

Well just to be clear, i was thinking something like this except have the wind blow leaves and twigs and form a face and the it does not move. And it vanishes in a bit...Am I making sense? Because if not, I think I get what you mean and I'll just work with it.

Ah, a show of power that is not a permeant feature of the world, yea no AP required for stuff like that. Maybe a bit of attention to talk if you want, but generally this should be a very easy task for a god. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Damn this looks fun, lemme join!
Of course, of course! Head on over to the Recruitment Thread and I'll be waiting to review your application. We've been gaining far more players than I hoped for, that's a good thing.

On another note, I'm going to be making another IC post later tonight. Thinking of making metal working with Sucube (I want to turn her into a "goddess of civilization" or "goddess of city folk") and a few other basics of society unless anyone already has plans of creating that concept.

Edit before I even post: Wow! There has been some activity I need to catch up on in the IC, maybe I'll mess around with some of it if I find something pokable.

Proper edit after post: Also, I know most of you do put some description to the AP actions you perform, but can everyone do that from now on? It makes things way easier to understand, especially if it has to do with magic and other complicated stuff. I don't expect a lot, just enough to understand and maybe work with whatever you create.

I'm actually stumped on what god to play... Welp, guess that's what happens when you have an imagination like mine. Any requests? Suggestions? Do you have a role in mind that you need to fill?

Hmm, this is a rare thing (actually, I can't remember it happening before) but we have a lack of just plain old nasty gods. We have a nice roster of gods that most would at least consider not evil, maybe weird but not evil. The only one with the Evil alignment domain at the moment is the First I think.

Personally I think the game needs a... no wait, let me PM these evil things to you. :hornstongue;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back