• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divine Games in the Playground OOC (Always Recruiting!)

Isn't this the sort of stuff that goes in the IC? I mean, An Audience with a Demon is practically done and Poppy can start a new story with Haros. More interaction and IC posts! :closed eyes open smile:

Sleipnir Sleipnir !!!!
What happened to kattedesh? Imma bout to have the twins abort mission to have not waited a week on her to respond to. Maybe I'll have them leave and make another god so that I have someone else to work with while I wait I guess

OK, I updated the domains list. Now to see if I can actually finish Finding a Fancy and make a few of those hairless apes of Tonterus form together into something civilized.

Nameless Author Nameless Author Ill reply to your post in the character thread over here, to keep it decluttered.
I planned to have her done yesterday and when the rollover happens at 1800z today she'll be teaching the elves about civilisation haha.

So the beget god options are how we create our alternates right? So if we wanted an alternate who had nothing to do at all with our primary or even our secondary character, then we'd have to convince someone else to help us out, right?

And we get a total of 3 maximum yes? Just making sure that I understand this all.

So the beget god options are how we create our alternates right? So if we wanted an alternate who had nothing to do at all with our primary or even our secondary character, then we'd have to convince someone else to help us out, right?

And we get a total of 3 maximum yes? Just making sure that I understand this all.
Yup pretty much this. Alternates in the game that inspired this one do not have to be made by a Beget God action, but I thought that was... not so great. At the very least in this game you need another player to use the Beget God action to bring your Alt into the game (which is of course free for both parties). I'd be happy to help using any of my characters in that regard if anyone wishes to not spend AP but rather story time.

Hi there, was interested in your RP and was hoping to join it after being introduced by a friend!

I had a question though.. is it possible to use RP as two contrasting characters like a Duo, i was interested in writing something that involved 2 OC's rather than just a one

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Hi there, was interested in your RP and was hoping to join it after being introduced by a friend!

I had a question though.. is it possible to use RP as two contrasting characters like a Duo, i was interested in writing something that involved 2 OC's rather than just a one

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!
yeah, it is. Not only can you make up to three characters to begin with, but people have made twins before.

yeah, it is. Not only can you make up to three characters to begin with, but people have made twins before.

Awesome XD i wanted to try my hand at Duo writing, this is good news! so would i need to make 2 seperate sheets for em?

Awesome XD i wanted to try my hand at Duo writing, this is good news! so would i need to make 2 seperate sheets for em?
the person who did the twins only used one. I advise only making the characters within the system of them being 1 though. As in, they are essentially the same entity and therefore the two of them play , together, with the rules of a single deity.

the person who did the twins only used one. I advise only making the characters within the system of them being 1 though. As in, they are essentially the same entity and therefore the two of them play , together, with the rules of a single deity.

Ah so even if i RP as 2 characters they identify as a single deity, alright sounds fair.. i'm pretty excited

Ohh Dear both of these characters cant fit in to one as they are quite different in their domains... could use one character as an Alt character if possible?

Ohh Dear both of these characters cant fit in to one as they are quite different in their domains... could use one character as an Alt character if possible?
well, I think you could make up to three separate characters in total, but exactly how that works is something you´ll have to wait for the GM for an explanation

GM here, thank you Idea Idea for helping while I was doing some work elsewhere. Keep that up and I might promote you to mod at some point. Now to answer the multiple character question.

I typically am looking for a single character sheet from a new player, but just as Idea said that can be a pair of twins like our illusion gods. I once saw a character sheet made up of thousands of animist spirits that collectively have the power of a single god. Note, that while you may have multiple characters in one sheet they collectively make up the power of one god, meaning they are separately weaker than other gods (or in the case of things like animist spirits or things like the First, divine beings comparable to gods).

Alternate characters I will accept past the original sheet for two reasons, a Beget God action is done using at least 3AP to create a new god with 0 AP (unless a hero-god which instead starts with 1 AP), or preferably to some, another player decides to create a story which after a few back and forth posts with you ends up creating a new god through a free Beget God action. While we've not seen this yet, I think it should encourage role-play with others eventually. A Beget God action can also be used free to bring in another new character at the start of a story, as long as it's someone's first character.

This make sense? Sorry, I feel like I'm the rabbling type at times.

GM here, thank you Idea Idea for helping while I was doing some work elsewhere. Keep that up and I might promote you to mod at some point. Now to answer the multiple character question.

I typically am looking for a single character sheet from a new player, but just as Idea said that can be a pair of twins like our illusion gods. I once saw a character sheet made up of thousands of animist spirits that collectively have the power of a single god. Note, that while you may have multiple characters in one sheet they collectively make up the power of one god, meaning they are separately weaker than other gods (or in the case of things like animist spirits or things like the First, divine beings comparable to gods).

Alternate characters I will accept past the original sheet for two reasons, a Beget God action is done using at least 3AP to create a new god with 0 AP (unless a hero-god which instead starts with 1 AP), or preferably to some, another player decides to create a story which after a few back and forth posts with you ends up creating a new god through a free Beget God action. While we've not seen this yet, I think it should encourage role-play with others eventually. A Beget God action can also be used free to bring in another new character at the start of a story, as long as it's someone's first character.

This make sense? Sorry, I feel like I'm the rabbling type at times.

MMmm... I think i understand.. on one hand i can create 2 characters but treat them as a single entity in itself under one Domain.. They contrast with each other and are weaker individually but as a whole form the strongest aspect of what they represent... that said if i went that route how would the mechanics change if ever, would their abilities be halved individually when taking actions? I could make their skills dependent on each other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back