• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Disconnected

Squiddly

Squiddly saw as Splat finally recreated its humanoid shape, and glanced up again as she saw the 'snow' that she created happen before her eyes, it was really beautiful even though the shreds were so tiny so that she could simulate snow for Splat. It had her thinking about her experience with snow for the past 30 years of her life not that she had a concept for time, she had no understanding of the concept of 'winter' only that it came after a long time and lasted for a short time compared to how long you would have to wait for it to come back. Nonetheless, she still had 120 years left of winters to experience in her life with snow,

It made it a sort of novelty to her, Squiddly had admittedly a love-hate relationship for that time of year, it meant that she could play in the snow, frolic, do whatever as long as it was not too thick where she could fall in, so she could make snowmen and things that would be associated with the giants above them both. However, it did mean that since she was born with the dress oddly enough, it never came with sleeves so she would freeze during that time, even though she was probably outside enjoying herself, and it also meant the necessity of having to hang close to the giant humans more often which was always risky.

Having to deal with giant footsteps, possible animals living there, other small things, and the fact that it was risky to go out and snatch food every day in that manner. But it always provided the benefit of something warm to go in after having fun outside.

After musing back to some memories, she saw that the top part of Splat was now covered in the paper shred and the ground around it was covered in the 'snow', which made it look white like the environment around it, Squiddly giggled as she watched Splat try to clear off the paper from its eyes and how white it was at the moment, "Geso!" she said while still giggling away. Obviously finding something funny about it.

Squiddly herself began to bring out two of her hair tentacles to clean herself off of any paper on her as it subsided, but she was now curious as to why Splat hadn't now been absorbing the paper on it, because she thought it would happily do it, having a confused expression now on her face she wondered this, did it not like what she did or was it because it thought it was actually snow and it doesn't absorb snow? Squiddly couldn't help but only get out a confused "Geso..?' While scratching the back of her head for a brief second.

Finally, Splat began to move around, although somewhat aimlessly running about, obviously not realizing Squiddly was there, the thing glowing, So to try to get its attention she yelled out "Geso!" While waving with one of her normal hands, to which it found her eventually, although whether it was due to her waving and yelling or it finding her on its own was still a mystery to her.

She noticed Splat had been looking to where she devoured that muffin, which was originally around the size of herself maybe slightly smaller, now completely gone, with Squiddly wanting some more but not necessarily in the need of it, she had another perplexed look on her face as it cocked it's head to the side obviously in ponderance of something she did. Maybe it was how much she ate? She couldn't blame it, she did eat A LOT and more than capable of eating more.

Then she and it took note of the streak of fire that appeared in the distance, At this point in her life, Squiddly knew about fire, that it could provide warmth when cold, and that the giants used it to make things darker before eating certain things like fish, which seemed like such a foreign concept to her since she always could eat fish or shrimp whole and raw with no problems, but she did also know that it was dangerous to touch or to get too close to. So she cocked her head to the side curious, becoming even more so when Splat began to bounce up and down pointing to the fire with obvious excitement, maybe it was cold? Letting out another curious "Geso...?" Before it began to run off in the direction of the fire, Squiddly decided it would be best to follow it at this point, the two could now for all intents and purposes be called friends and they knew it would mutually be beneficial for them both to stay together.

So Squiddly began to smile from cheek to cheek and gave an excited "Geso!" and began skipping off after it a little bit before beginning to run again normally, matching her pace with that of Splat which wasn't too hard since she was bigger and could make bigger strides overall, which if she wanted to go faster she could, but wanted to see where it wanted to go.

WhipDing WhipDing

Alexander Rooker

The adrenaline suddenly gained from the shock of manifest appearing in front of him was enough to suddenly jump-start his superhuman power which was only able to be activated in dangerous situations as his body saw fit. Suddenly everything in his perception moved to slow motion and this gave him ample time to think of a way to get out of this situation. "If I charge head-on I would perish from disease from his blade, but then again I could duck but he could be slicing downwards as well... What if I evade? but then his speed is unparalleled so it wouldn't do me good but...." as he kept speaking to himself in his mind playing theories in his head on how to get out of this situation. These thoughts were being taken in milliseconds thanks to his increased senses as well until suddenly he thought of something. Without warning the entire rooftop would be filled with smoke and if manifest tried to slice down, he would hit nothing as he was already gone. He would reappear at an alleyway a few blocks down.

"dude... how?" "how what?" "how did you evade that?" "I don't know... this is the third time this happened, I suddenly went into slow motion... maybe it's my training?" "Whatever it is, I want it.... whatever, I'm sending the jet above you, ready your grapple," the two said silently between gasps of air.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death MaxwellCharlie MaxwellCharlie

Alexander Rooker

The adrenaline suddenly gained from the shock of manifest appearing in front of him was enough to suddenly jump-start his superhuman power which was only able to be activated in dangerous situations as his body saw fit. Suddenly everything in his perception moved to slow motion and this gave him ample time to think of a way to get out of this situation. "If I charge head-on I would perish from disease from his blade, but then again I could duck but he could be slicing downwards as well... What if I evade? but then his speed is unparalleled so it wouldn't do me good but...." as he kept speaking to himself in his mind playing theories in his head on how to get out of this situation. These thoughts were being taken in milliseconds thanks to his increased senses as well until suddenly he thought of something. Without warning the entire rooftop would be filled with smoke and if manifest tried to slice down, he would hit nothing as he was already gone. He would reappear at an alleyway a few blocks down.

"dude... how?" "how what?" "how did you evade that?" "I don't know... this is the third time this happened, I suddenly went into slow motion... maybe it's my training?" "Whatever it is, I want it.... whatever, I'm sending the jet above you, ready your grapple," the two said silently between gasps of air.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death MaxwellCharlie MaxwellCharlie
MɐNiɟEsʇ
How did he evade that... Manifest wondered. Nevertheless it worked. The threat was gone. It read the paper again and started towards their presence. It passed by a few interesting people on the way, though. It passed by a young man chewing bubble gum, a winged human, and a young red-haired girl. It finally found the two once again. The first thing it spoke to them was "Ī äm MɐNiɟEsʇ."

Wilson
"What on- did you see that?!" Wilson asked, referring to the robes being that quickly zoomed past them. "That was... odd..." he stated. He wondered what that was, but looked back at the young man.
The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

Vítězslav and Namgung used the distraction to finally get away and were now out of sight , Namgung was practically gasping through a straw for air panting while Vítězslav looked like he hadn't broken much of a sweat, "Je...sus...You.. ha.. d us ru... n prac... tically... a marathon..." As the two finally stopped for a brief second. Vítězslav simply made sure no one had followed them again, which it appeared so, so he began to speak openly.

"Well, it appears no one is watching us anymore. Whoever the hell was following the events was definitely trying to put a stop to it, it appeared like he was listening in on the original thing with some enhanced hearing or something of that nature, luckily I never said anything by the time he arrived so I didn't say anything that could implicate me to a vigilante, he looked similar to Batman, I believe I have heard of him before... That's why we continued to feign fear, so as to throw him off, if we see him again we need to look uneasy from the events. This was far too close of a call, this may prove to be a nuisance more than any benefits it may provide."

"If it even provides any benefits..."

"Correct, which is why we have to tread along with caution. From what I have taken, this figure was radiating quite a lot of evil thoughts and things. It appears to be a non-physical entity that can determine when or how it wants to be affected by the environment much like a ghost, this means if we needed to hurt it, we would need to do so by indirect means, or it will simply not be affected by anything at all... I also noted that it had somewhat of desperation hiding in what it was doing, since obviously it's set on finding us, and believes we are its only option as well. It's blade can also cause deadly disease as well, so overall we have something very intriguing to deal with. But we are going to have to settle down this thing, since our association with who we truly are hinges on secrecy, and this is going to be nigh impossible if we get branded criminals or possible criminals."

"We should hear in depth what it has to say, it obviously deals in chaos, and feels we can assist it. But that's like making a deal with the devil, we need to learn the complete implications of what it wants, but as we both know, little to nothing is going to reveal their true intentions, everyone hides behind a mask to an extent."

Vítězslav nodded, and pointed a finger moving the hand up and down somewhat to show that she was hitting the nails on the head. "Exactly, that's why this must be tread carefully, and you need to pay as much attention to what this has to say as I am going to. You have the mind for this too, you have done this in the past and you can do it again."

That's when Manifest showed up once again, and revealed its name, little to no one was around, but they still needed to be on the side of caution so Vítězslav very simply asked it quietly. "Yes, ok, this is not a good time, no one seems to be trailing us anymore but we need to be careful, Just go invisible for the time being, unless I was mistaken that you could do that, and follow us and don't say anything, I promise we will speak with you." And Vítězslav and Namgung acted again as if Manifest were not there.

MaxwellCharlie MaxwellCharlie

Vítězslav and Namgung used the distraction to finally get away and were now out of sight , Namgung was practically gasping through a straw for air panting while Vítězslav looked like he hadn't broken much of a sweat, "Je...sus...You.. ha.. d us ru... n prac... tically... a marathon..." As the two finally stopped for a brief second. Vítězslav simply made sure no one had followed them again, which it appeared so, so he began to speak openly.

"Well, it appears no one is watching us anymore. Whoever the hell was following the events was definitely trying to put a stop to it, it appeared like he was listening in on the original thing with some enhanced hearing or something of that nature, luckily I never said anything by the time he arrived so I didn't say anything that could implicate me to a vigilante, he looked similar to Batman, I believe I have heard of him before... That's why we continued to feign fear, so as to throw him off, if we see him again we need to look uneasy from the events. This was far too close of a call, this may prove to be a nuisance more than any benefits it may provide."

"If it even provides any benefits..."

"Correct, which is why we have to tread along with caution. From what I have taken, this figure was radiating quite a lot of evil thoughts and things. It appears to be a non-physical entity that can determine when or how it wants to be affected by the environment much like a ghost, this means if we needed to hurt it, we would need to do so by indirect means, or it will simply not be affected by anything at all... I also noted that it had somewhat of desperation hiding in what it was doing, since obviously it's set on finding us, and believes we are its only option as well. It's blade can also cause deadly disease as well, so overall we have something very intriguing to deal with. But we are going to have to settle down this thing, since our association with who we truly are hinges on secrecy, and this is going to be nigh impossible if we get branded criminals or possible criminals."

"We should hear in depth what it has to say, it obviously deals in chaos, and feels we can assist it. But that's like making a deal with the devil, we need to learn the complete implications of what it wants, but as we both know, little to nothing is going to reveal their true intentions, everyone hides behind a mask to an extent."

Vítězslav nodded, and pointed a finger moving the hand up and down somewhat to show that she was hitting the nails on the head. "Exactly, that's why this must be tread carefully, and you need to pay as much attention to what this has to say as I am going to. You have the mind for this too, you have done this in the past and you can do it again."

That's when Manifest showed up once again, and revealed its name, little to no one was around, but they still needed to be on the side of caution so Vítězslav very simply asked it quietly. "Yes, ok, this is not a good time, no one seems to be trailing us anymore but we need to be careful, Just go invisible for the time being, unless I was mistaken that you could do that, and follow us and don't say anything, I promise we will speak with you." And Vítězslav and Namgung acted again as if Manifest were not there.

MɐNiɟEsʇ
Manifest understood. It turned invisible and fallowed behind the two. It looked around as it fallowed, looking at the buildings, the sky, the ground, the vehicles, everything. It noted that the vehicles moved using wheels, making it unlikely that they could fly, as well as the architecture. It was able to deduce that this was either a late Type 0 civilization or an early Type 1 civilization. That would suggest that the object it passed by in space earlier was a satellite or a probe. Manifest noticed a rat on the sidewalk, but when Manifest got to close, even though it was invisible, it seemed to run in terror.
The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

"Splat"

It scurried over the ground, expertly making its way over the bumps and cracks in the ground. It was happy to see that the squishy girl was, in fact, following it. The idea of 'friend' was still pretty foreign to it, but it knew that it felt better now that she was around.

They were soon both back out onto the pavement, and as it moved, the tiny bits of paper that were covering its top half began to slowly sink into its body, aided by the constant motion. By the time it'd reached the edge, overlooking the road, it'd all been entirely absorbed, and as such was now its original blue colour.

It paused for moment. To get to where it was going, they'd need to cross this road. There was only one or two people off in the distance, so they weren't an issue, but there was the occasional car that was passing by, the ground shaking slightly as it did so. It'd done this before - being so small, and being fairly agile, the risk of actually getting run over wasn't that big a problem.

And so, checking to see nothing was obviously coming right this second, it jumped down the kerb onto the road, with very little warning. It knew that the best way to do this was just to be fast, as the less time it spent on the road, the better. It sprinted across, its little legs becoming a blur as it ran. Even so, it naturally still took a while.

As such, as it was reaching the half-way point, a car appeared seemingly out of nowhere, turning into the road. It froze instinctively upon seeing it, something which proved to work in its favour - the car passed harmlessly over it, although the vibrations were more than enough to knock it onto its back. Unfazed by this, it picked itself up and carried on its journey, reaching the other side without further incident.

Clambering up onto the pavement, it could now see the gates to a park in front of it. The column of fire was now gone, but it could still feel the warmth from it, the air getting warmer the closer it got to the source. It was at this point it remembered its new companion - it stopped and looked behind itself to see where exactly where she was. it hadn't really considered that what it'd just done might've been more dangerous for her... as it could reform itself from almost anything, the idea that she couldn't wasn't something that'd even crossed its mind.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death D duegxybus

As Vítězslav and Namgung looked around, they confirmed they were not being tracked anymore the two continued on their way to their destination. It was an abandoned warehouse now being utilized by Namgung and Vítězslav, the outside showing absolutely no sign of what it was being used as now.

As Vítězslav glanced around one more time to see no one. He then said, "You can become visible again." As Namgung opened the door for Vítězslav a massive facility revealed itself. And it was obviously designed to be utilized for their purposes, there were many areas full of chemicals, various ones for various bombs to be created from it, a work bench for their creations, most of them pipe bomb designs, while there were some other improvised designs such as impromptu flashbangs, EMP's, and various other explosives. And then some crates held various weapons for various purposes depending on what was needed to be done. And then there was an impressive set of computers and technology in the back to be utilized in hacking operations that was Namgung's expertise. Even better was that they soundproofed the inside so that no one could listen in from the outside.

Although she much preferred to be in her own apartment, this was always a backup or for when they didn't want any implications of her from her apartment.

So the door finally closed up and Vítězslav now said. "I suppose it is nice to make your aquaintence Manifest, but I must ask why is it that you have decided to come to me per say?"

Squiddly

f8ae62b753f7b74400732e6eeb4ff12a.gif

Squiddly continued to run aside from Splat blushing with an estactic smile on her face all the while hopping periodically over the little cracks and bumps, which weren't as bad for her due to being bigger, but they could still affect her overall. This overall seemed to her like the beginning of a beautiful friendship, she hoped Splat thought the same. She saw as it began to absorb the paper 'snowflakes' she had made, obviously it did like it.

Finally as they made it onto the pavement she glanced back and forth to the right and left to make sure no humans were walking across it, but then as they both paused, she realized they would need to get across a road she gulped, she knew how dangerous this was and how many close calls she had had before.

Squiddly may have been tiny, but she had seen things a bit bigger than her get unfortunately run over, and the unfortunate aftermath of such. So she hesitated glancing around to consider another option of getting there, she was about to actually use her tentacles to pull herself to the top of a nearby car that was parked, when she saw Splat take off. She saw that there was nothing in sight but it was still quite risky.

"Geso!" She called out implying both that she hadn't started running and that it should come back. But either Splat didn't hear it or it thought it was in the clear.

That's when the car came seemingly out of nowhere... Squiddly gasped as she realized this and yelled out "GESO!" And as she quickly realized it was stopping, it looked as if the car would run over Splat, so Squiddly as fast as she could, shot out a tentacle to try to reach out and grab Splat and pull it out of harms way... But she was too late, she had to pull back her tentacle just as fast to prevent it from being crushed. And it didn't help that she saw Splat fall.

Not realizing it was alright, Squiddly collapsed to her knees, it seemed just as quickly as she made a friend, the world stripped it away from her, she knew the world was cruel at times, but not like this... She couldn't control the tears as they began to flow from her eyes glancing down she never realized Splat had stood up again and continued its journey. Now dripping on the pavement below causing very tiny droplets she finally glanced up again to see Splat alive on the other side.

"Geso...? Geso, Geso! GESO!" She let out with joy that it was actually ok and alive, so much so that she actually without realizing conciously that she actually extended out four tentacles to grip onto two objects on the other side and pushed herself forward, like a rubber band catapaulting herself over the road and into the soft grass closeby crying now tears of joy as she came on over, and now ran over to Splat and gently picked it up with her hands cradling it and hugging it embracing it with tears falling onto Splat and the warmth that Squiddly provided, before conciously realizing what she did and just and almost as quickly laid Splat gently into the grass, and in an apologetic manner and face began saying. "Geso! Geso! Geso!" Squiddly now felt some of the warmth of the area and began to shake her head a bit to take in what just happened.

WhipDing WhipDing

As Vítězslav and Namgung looked around, they confirmed they were not being tracked anymore the two continued on their way to their destination. It was an abandoned warehouse now being utilized by Namgung and Vítězslav, the outside showing absolutely no sign of what it was being used as now.

As Vítězslav glanced around one more time to see no one. He then said, "You can become visible again." As Namgung opened the door for Vítězslav a massive facility revealed itself. And it was obviously designed to be utilized for their purposes, there were many areas full of chemicals, various ones for various bombs to be created from it, a work bench for their creations, most of them pipe bomb designs, while there were some other improvised designs such as impromptu flashbangs, EMP's, and various other explosives. And then some crates held various weapons for various purposes depending on what was needed to be done. And then there was an impressive set of computers and technology in the back to be utilized in hacking operations that was Namgung's expertise. Even better was that they soundproofed the inside so that no one could listen in from the outside.

Although she much preferred to be in her own apartment, this was always a backup or for when they didn't want any implications of her from her apartment.

So the door finally closed up and Vítězslav now said. "I suppose it is nice to make your aquaintence Manifest, but I must ask why is it that you have decided to come to me per say?"

MɐNiɟEsʇ
Manifest looked at the two and began to speak "Ī'm ïń â wëâkėńēd śtãtë. Î fêłt ÿòûr préšèńçę âñd rêåłíźéd thât ÿôü wōúłd bē thë öńè mòšt łîkēłÿ tø hëłp." It spoke slightly clearer, but still had a distinct warped sound to it, almost like it was a really messed up foreigner starting to get the hang of English, but still has a really f*cked up accent. "Ī thrîvē òff óf ćhãõš, áñd Ī wöûłd bè háppÿ tô héłp ÿøû, àś ÿóû sëėm tö thîńk šîmíłãrłÿ, ãt łæśt tò šømè ëxtēńt."

Last edited:
Vítězslav glared at Manifest now any sign of fear gone, and he listened carefully to what it had to say. So it wanted him to cause more chaos to help it for a purpose he had not known. This was really basically a dance with the devil, and now he was being thrown head first into a hornets nest.

"What would you do to help me, what are you, and why do you really want me to help you?" Vítězslav had an idea that this thing was hiding some details, and he wasn't about to be played for a fool, he wanted to put it on the spot and analyze its reaction.

Vítězslav also turned on his enhanced perception so that if Manifest lashed out he could react. There had to be an ulterior motive to this and he was going to work on wriggling this out. Plan contingencies and everything.

That's a lot of power/Oh shit it's the po-po!
Mina Addison
Mina wasn't aware of the two small beings that were near her. She was still collapsed on her knees. Mina coughed and gasped; the fire had drained the breathable air from around her. Maybe Mina would be a second-hand smoker after all of this. She mused herself with the idea.

Suddenly, the sound of police sirens began to blare through the silence of the night.
Shit. Mina got to her feet and looked down at the grass one last time, before looking back at her hands. Were the police after her? The fifteen-year-old was too shocked to even move. Mina slowly got to her senses as the police cars were visible over the horizon. Now it was her turn to run. Mina took off in a sprint, diving into an alley and sprinting down the space between the buildings. Police cars piled up at the entrance of the alley, officers getting out and pulling out their guns. "Freeze!" An officer shouted, but Mina didn't stop. She continued to run through the alleys, with the sound of sirens blaring in the background and attempting to follow Mina, both by car and by foot.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death WhipDing WhipDing ( Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian MaxwellCharlie MaxwellCharlie )

[I just tagged anyone outside, you don't have to interact]

Alexander Rooker

He was still waiting for the jet until suddenly heard footsteps coming to him. The alleyway he was at was a complete dead end and there were shadows on the end so using the natural darkness of his armor, he blended himself into the darkness and turned off the red light coming from his eyes, waiting to see who was running towards him.
D duegxybus

Oh shit
Mina Addison
Unfortunately, Mina didn't see the the figure in the darkness. She continued to sprint in the direction of the dead end and skidded to a stop just inches from the figure. She looked back and took a minute to catch her breath, unaware of the danger ahead of her. The only danger would be the police that were following her, but it looked like she had distracted them long enough.

The sirens were only now a mere echo in the distance, meaning Mina thought that she was in the clear. She reached down to her leg and struck her finger against her leg. A small flame formed on the tip of her finger, illuminating the surrounding area. Mina slowly turned her head, when she realized she was now looking straight at a man with...a cowl? A metal suit? The shock caused Mina to shudder and bounce back.

"AAH!" Mina recoiled back, the flame in her hand growing much bigger than it was initially. "W-What the hell?"

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian

Alexander Rooker

Suddenly his eyes and parts of details of the suit was illuminated by red light, adding to the intimidation factor. She could now see the outline of the suit, towering over her since she's 5"4 and he's 6"4. He started to move forward to the point where she could barely see the suit from a nearby light. With a distorted, metallic sound he said out of the dark... "GoInG SoMeWhErE?"
D duegxybus

How did you know?
Mina Addison
Mina chuckled nervously. "...I have no idea who you are but...yeah. I'm going to the store." Of course, that was barely convincing enough. Mina could still see the suit with the fire in her hand. And intimidating would've been an understatement. Mina was almost shaking with fright. However, she did remember what Jack said earlier...

"Mina, don't get in trouble. I don't know what the hell I'd do if I lost you."

"Okay. I won't do anything stupid."

Her words rang in her mind. "Actually, I am going somewhere." Suddenly, two wings of fire burst from her back, propelling her backwards at extremely high speeds. Mina grabbed onto a street lamp and swung around, using her small size to propel herself even further away from the bat suit. She then took off to the nearest rooftop, grabbing onto the ledge and sliding onto the rooftop. Now there was time to be scared. Mina began pacing the rooftop. Her wings had gotten her this far, but it was only a matter of time before the bat thing made a chase.

Mina took off from the rooftop and began to glide down the several alleyways, sprinting as fast as she possibly could with help from the wings. She barely avoided buildings, and on top of that kept fire at the ready in case she had to attack the batman looking thing.

Alexander Rooker

He thought this was a good time to practice his fear factor. After all, he hasn't scared someone in a while and he probably needs to take a refresher course. "no need to say anything, I already got you covered" Brandon said all of a sudden as holographic lines formed on his hud to show how to get to where she was going faster. Using his grappling hook he managed to be able to arrive at a rooftop that she was going to pass in about 10 seconds, so using what he learned he set up what he needed to do. For her everything should be looking fine, the rooftops were completely empty and it should seem that she has lost him. Suddenly when she's about 10 meters away, a wall of smoke appeared out of nowhere and a huge silhouette of a black bat was seen in the smoke before disappearing shortly and him coming out of the smoke screen.
D duegxybus

Covered?
Mina Addison
Mina immediately realized that she may be screwed. The wall of smoke was unavoidable, and so was the bat suit. Mina was almost immediately pinned by the large man in the suit. She tried to struggle against the weight of the suit, but it was impossible to escape. "Get off of me!"

Suddenly, an expanding sphere of fire erupted from Mina's hands, attempting to surround the batsuit with the fire, desperately trying to weld it together the best she could. "Help! Someone! Anyone!" She banged on the suit in an attempt to get free, screaming out in desperation.

Alexander Rooker

Her attempts were in vain. The metal he used had a high melting point and her trying to weld it together was a futile attempt. He was actually really hot in the suit, like almost cooking himself but he had to play his part. The fire around him made him more intimidating and usually at this stage, most people would start hallucinating from pure fear. The flames becoming his bat wings, him opening his mouth to reveal vampire-like fangs and usually, people would start to hallucinate his armor turning it into kind of a demon-like physique, that's how he got the name "The Red Devil"
D duegxybus

b9a169654532b8e0adafe73bc53df551-batman-beyond-fan-art.jpg

"Splat"

It could see that Squiddly was still on the other side of the road. Why hadn't she followed it? Was she scared? Maybe she--

Before it could finish that train of thought, she'd somehow flown all the way across, and landed nearby, and within a second or two was entirely on top of it. It didn't even have time to react when she scooped him off the group, and squashed it up against her body. It may have been gentle on her part... but for the smaller being it was actually quite a lot of force, enough to imprint an image of her dress onto its face.

By the time she let him go, the intricate pattern had been pressed all over its body, and slightly deformed by the barrage of tears that'd rained over it. It wasn't hurt, though - it didn't feel pain, at least not in the traditional sense, and within a few seconds it'd reformed back to its normal, smoother shape. If anything, it enjoyed the bit of warmth it'd just recieved from her. It was very confused, though. What was all that about? And now she was making those sounds again... It liked its new friend... but it had to admit, she was very strange.

It picked itself up off the ground, and signalled her to follow before wandering off again in the direction of the source of the heat. The grass was a little more difficult to traverse, with many of the blades coming up above its head. As such, it was a little more slow going, but it eventually made its way to where it'd been heading.

Upon arriving at the source of all the heat, the grass opened up a little, at least from its perspective. Here, the ground was smoky and charred, with what used to be grass being turning into nothing but ash. It inspected some of it, storing a little for later - it didn't look that useful, though. Disappointingly, it was nowhere near as warm as it'd hoped, having cooled down significantly in the time it'd taken to get here. From above, it would be obvious that the patch it was standing in was shaped like a human hand, with a similar patch nearby.

It sat in it for a moment or two before it heard shouting off in the distance, followed by another (much smaller) flash of fire. Considering how disappointing this one had been... it was far less eager to go chasing after the bright light. Instead, it looked up at Squiddly, and offered her some of the ash it'd found. Even if it didn't want it... maybe she did?

Knockout
Mina Addison
Without warning, Mina increased the intensity of her fire. The light shone throughout the alleyway and the air sizzled with heat. It began to burn at her clothes, but didn't affect her skin more than just turning it slightly red. She looked clearly very woozy, and as if she was going to pass out. However, it wasn't from the fear of the hallucination; Mina completely anticipated something scary was going to happen.

It was from her own heat. Mina had taken the heat too far, to the point that a nearby street lamp began to buckle under the heat. Of course, Mina wasn't affected by the fire; only by the heat. Her clothes were practically vaporizing off of her body as she could feel her temperature rising to near fatal levels.

Suddenly, the fire died down into nothing but heat. Mina slumped onto the ground, no longer struggling. Steam and smoke radiated off of her body, and her arms lay flopped over her (quite literally) steaming body. Her eyes were just barely open, having the appearance of glowing coals. Her weak voice was barely audible as she reached out to the side for something invisible. "J...Jack...help..."

Vítězslav glared at Manifest now any sign of fear gone, and he listened carefully to what it had to say. So it wanted him to cause more chaos to help it for a purpose he had not known. This was really basically a dance with the devil, and now he was being thrown head first into a hornets nest.

"What would you do to help me, what are you, and why do you really want me to help you?" Vítězslav had an idea that this thing was hiding some details, and he wasn't about to be played for a fool, he wanted to put it on the spot and analyze its reaction.

Vítězslav also turned on his enhanced perception so that if Manifest lashed out he could react. There had to be an ulterior motive to this and he was going to work on wriggling this out. Plan contingencies and everything.

MɐNiɟEsʇ
Manifest raised it's head. "Ï çòúłd, fòr ēxámpłè, šłïp įńtø płáćèš thät ÿôû ńēvêr çõūłd." It paused. "Whät Í śäîd ábøūt bèìńg îñ á wëåkėñęd fôrm īś ńõ łîè." It looked at the wall. "Ãñd áš før whãt Ī âm..." It looked back at the two. It used what knowlage it had figures about the man. "Į ām øńē whō åpprįçîåtës šômôńē äś maâñīpūłätīvè âš ÿõü." It smiled internally.

(Oops)
Jennifer & Ariana
Jen perked up when she heard that more escaped. "Escaped? I'm confused???" Ari looked at her. "That's right! They came from a lab, just like you!" Jen's eyes grew huge. "W-wha?!" A gihugic (word I made up: gigantic+huge) smile appeared on her face. "So who is this... 'other'" Ari asked, but Jen suddenly jumped in. "Wait! Do you think that they could be..." Jen started. "What? No... they couldn't be, could they...?" Ari replied. Jen turned to Charlie. "Who is the other person?" Jen asked.
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

(Oops)
Jennifer & Ariana
Jen perked up when she heard that more escaped. "Escaped? I'm confused???" Ari looked at her. "That's right! They came from a lab, just like you!" Jen's eyes grew huge. "W-wha?!" A gihugic (word I made up: gigantic+huge) smile appeared on her face. "So who is this... 'other'" Ari asked, but Jen suddenly jumped in. "Wait! Do you think that they could be..." Jen started. "What? No... they couldn't be, could they...?" Ari replied. Jen turned to Charlie. "Who is the other person?" Jen asked.
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed
Charlie looked very uncomfortable with the question, and he shifted his weight several times. "I-I don't think... His name... His name was Alphonse. But don't tell anyone!" He whispered frantically in panic. "Don't let him get taken too! He helped Cinder!" Cinder cooed in agreement.

Lucas was finally done with walking Steve, and the naked mole rat was very happy with her time scaring children. Steve was weird like that... So now the male guinea pig Carlos was going for his daily grass time. He never ran, so Lucas could trust Carl.

Carl was a perky little thing, happy mowing the lawn for free. It was good for Lucas' apartment manager, though Carl couldn't cover the whole lawn... Let the rabbits do it. "Hey Mister Johnson!" Lucas called, waving to a grumpy old man hobbling down the street. The man just glared. Once he was out of earshot, the teen smirked and whispered to Carl, "He's an ass..." Carl made a sort of purring laugh sound before devouring a clover flower whole. Imagine a wood cutter sucking in a branch. That's what Carl did.
giphy (1).gif
(Open)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back