• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
D
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Blah blah blah

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
Digimon: Pandemonium
And so we begin....

Sumire Munemori
7624691f1b871ff9ffcdf070154bd184.jpg
Seated in her usual spot in classroom 2A, Sumire Munemori stared incredulously at the android phone hidden behind her math textbook. Or, more specifically, at the mysterious text she received.

Do you want to play Digimon Pandemonium?

Was that a joke? She had never heard of such a game. No one she messaged knew anything about the game. The more she re-read the message, the more it looked like a virus to her. Text back ‘yes’ and some sort of malware was probably going to destroy her phone. Sumire wasn’t stupid. She didn’t have the time to play childish games anyway. It was a waste of time.

Yet…the word Izumi called her last night rang loudly in her ear.

Boring.

The devil child on her shoulder repeated that word over and over like a mantra.

Sumire was ticked. How dare her idiot brother call her boring? Just because she was smart, took her life seriously, and didn’t waste it playing stupid games like some geek, it didn’t make her boring.

Yet it wasn’t the first time she’d been called boring either. Her ex had too. Right before he had broken up with her, the dumb brute. Sumire told no one about it. To most of the school, she’d broken up with him. That was how rumors worked. They grew and expanded like uncontrollable weeds if one didn’t know how to control it. To read the flow of the school. Sumire did. And she had a reputation to keep. Therefore she made sure everyone was aware that the breakup was “consensual” on both their parts. A white lie to make her life easier. Sumire didn’t spread nasty rumors. She wasn’t so petty. But she didn’t dissuade any imaginations either.

Close friends probably knew there had been more to that situation than Sumire let on. And outliers always existed. However, the majority didn’t and that was what mattered.

Still. The word boring was a sore spot for her. So, in a moment of hasty impulse, and perhaps to prove to herself that she wasn’t boring, Sumire texted a ‘yes’ to the message.

She regretted it immediately after. But it was too late. The deed was done. She was probably going to have to get a new phone later. All because the stupid devil on her shoulder wouldn’t shut up. Sumire repressed a sigh just as the bell rang, signaling the end of class. She could mope about it later. For now she still had her duties. She was class president, after all. Student council work. After school meetings. Those were the more important things. Tucking her silky hair behind her ear, Sumire gracefully stood. “Everyone stand please.”

It was routine procedure for her by now. “And…bow.”

Once the ritual was finished, Sumire slipped her textbook, and her phone, carefully into her backpack, taking the time to make sure everything was neatly in its proper place, before joining the herd that rushed to exit the room.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Ilikepie Ilikepie cinnabuns cinnabuns GasMaskie GasMaskie The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Lucem Lucem Acethekidd Acethekidd soggyparadise soggyparadise Bkhanh29 Bkhanh29 Crow Crow

The Start
You don't necessarily have to start where's Sumire's at (very beginning), but at this stage, you are a beginner at the game. The highest I'm allowing is a baby digimon that's still pretty much just a phone pet feeding game. Might make sounds at you. Might blow bubbles. Might pop out of the screen (if its a feisty one and you've installed the digital world connection package), but it's not going to fight yet. Up to you whether you want to reveal how your character got started, but if you are unsure about how this works then you can start where Sumire's at (so we can form a confused groupie). I'll be walking her through the entire process (with timeskips here and there). Any questions, ask ooc. Oh and have fun =)
[/information]

Last edited:
Haru Enomoto

Haru knew it was risky to have his phone out in class, especially with the warnings he had already gotten due to him not paying attention, but he was half listing to the math class so he was sure he would be fine.

"Do you want to play Digimon Pandemonium?"

Well, that clearly wasn't from her. He was gonna simply refuse since he had no idea who sent it and what it would do, but at that moment the teacher asked him something. "50.56, Sir." "Not exactly, still good to know you're actually paying attention." Just as he sighed in relief that he had gotten away with it he noticed that he accidentally agreed to play whatever Digimon Pandemonium was.

He just hoped that he hadn't bricked his phone as he wasn't confident his parents would get him a new one ans he knew for a fact he didn't have the money to buy one. Before he could try and find out he noticed the class president standing up and along with the rest of the class followed his lead.

After he left the classroom Haru headed to the room used by the comic club while trying to find out if his phone still worked. He didn't get very far either way before he spotted Ren and put his phone away to mess with later. "Hey what's up?" "I might have installed a virus on my phone, if you get an strange links from me don't open them."

Asami was sitting in the back of class, trying to draw attention away from her as to not caught. She was on her ipad drawing her latest design, a lavender frilly dress with flowers , with straps on the top. But then a notification popped on her screen. It was a message.

"Do you want to play Digimon Pandemonium?"

Asami was looking around the room to see if someone had pranked her but couldn't figure it out. " What was Digimon Pandemonium? And why I was chosen for this. No one knows me. Unless someone knows I'm rich . No No. No. I'm overthinking this."

Once the bell ring to end class, she heads out toward the tennis club.

Gina Shiramine

Gina just finished a boring math lesson that explained something she already knew when she felt the vibrations of her phone signaling she received a text message as she was exiting the class. Her first thought was that it was another person asking her out since she has already had three boys and two girls ask her out through texts in the last month because of her exotic purplish sliver hair and she has no idea how those people keep getting her number since she tells it to anyone. She walks to an empty area of the hallway before checking the message on her phone. "Do you want to play Digimon Pandemonium?" She stared at the message for a couple of seconds before responding with yes. "Not sure what this game is, but at worst I would just need to get a new phone and besides it could be fun" she thought to herself.

Since it was time for the clubs to meet and that she isn't in any of the clubs she begins her walk to the roof. The roof is normally quiet during the club meetings making it a perfect place to draw until she has to return to the dorms as long as no one follows her up there.

"Huh?"

Akira noticed something on her phone. Anonymous sender, strange message.

This puzzled Akira greatly.

"What the heck is this?"

Akira looks left and right, then back at the message, choosing to reply to it.

YES

"AKIRA! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR CLASS!"

The voice of her mother snapped her back into class as she scrambles to put her shoes on and swiftly put her bright red randoseru on her back and prepared to run off.

"AND DON'T PUT YOUR OLD RANDOSERU ON AGAIN!!!"

"AH- THANKS MOM!"

She swiftly removed the randoseru and tossed it to the side, before slinging a bag over her shoulder.

"I'M LEAVING NOW!"

Akira would occasionally forget about her status as a middle schooler, no longer in grade school. She wasn't too used to change and transitions, but with time, she would.

Right now, her legs rushed towards the place where she would acquire education...

... school.​

oie_trim_image.png

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
aito aze
Tags: none/open
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Kaito had no idea what this was..he didn't know it was safe or not since this message was sent to
him by some unknown person. To accept..or not accept? Kaito had this feeling if pressed yes
something freaky was going to happen to his phone, so it was a no for him..so he thought. When
his younger sister called out to him, he pressed yes by mistake. Oh well..he had some money saved
to get his self another phone if something was to happened to his current one." Hey Kaito! how long
are you going to stand there? i know you weren't waiting for me..?"
The young girl huffed and waited
for her older brother to respond.

"Yes, i was waiting for you. I'm going to-" since kaito had no voice, he used his hands to communicate.

anyway, he was interrupted when Amari threw her hand up. "Nope! Kaito i'm not a kid anymore,
i can walk my self to school..it's right around the corner and also, i'm going over a friend's house
after school..i'm riding with their parents so no need to wait for me."
she frowned.

Kaito inhaled a deep breath." I'm responsible for your safety, Amari.." he understand how
she self felt." Ok..just call me if you need me."

Amari smiled faintly." Fine,fine..get going already dummy."

Oh yeah, he better go now or else he'll be late. Kaito started to make his way to school and it took
him no time since it was pretty close form where he stayed. He made it on time..barely. After class
was done, Kaito hung out in the halls, messing around on his phone.

A line of orange here, another spot of black there- it was coming together just as it always did. The young street rat allowed his hands to move as they pleased, grabbing cans of spray paint like he was an automated machine but the product of these motions could never be created by a robot. His works of art contained emotion and fluidity that was impossible to achieve for some humans let alone a machine. It was the one god given talent he'd been blessed with in this world, the only thing to develop naturally that made him at all special and he was thankful for it despite how much trouble his little free gifts to the community got him in. It wasn't his fault though- he couldn't just give graffiti up after all and when you were as dirt poor as him you couldn't afford a canvas big enough. Besides- it just wasn't the same as the brick and cement that made up this city.

Speaking of which- The Koi that was slowly coming to life on this beach wall was really starting to take shape, it's scales almost seeming lifelike against the rough texture of the concrete. It was something he could be proud of at least despite what some cops, especially a certain police commissioner, would think. And now it was time for the finishing touch. He tossed the current cans he held in each hand back into his open backpack which leaned up against a rock, their nozzles still dripping with paint before he retrieved another which sat in the sand beside it. A good shake was given before he popped the cap off, letting it fall back into the sand as he stepped back up to his work. Long accents of gold paint were given to each fin, really bringing a three dimensional element to the fish and after finishing off the last line he marked it with his signature. "鬼さん" Or Mr.Oni, along with a simplified face of the Japanese demon.
And with that it was complete. Noritaka retrieved his cap and put it back on the can of spray paint just in time for him to feel his phone vibrate in his back pocket. Likely Fausto making sure he was in school or Espe scolding him now that she'd taken note of his absence at lunch. With a heavy sigh behind his face mask he took the device, unlocking the slightly cracked screen and pulling up his messages. To his surprise it wasn't from either of the two and instead from an unknown number.

A virus? Noritaka had to admit- it seemed intriguing despite it's obvious trap nature. On the one hand he knew this would likely just corrupt his phone- but at the same time, did he really care? it was shitty enough as is. So without thinking much more about it he pressed yes, preparing for the worst only for his heart to leap out his throat when at that same moment a police siren rang out mere blocks away- and that would be his cue to get lost.
It was one thing to get caught playing hooky but another beast all together to be caught at the site of a new piece before the paints even dried with a bag of cans.
In addition to that the amount of paint on his hands wouldn't help his case- talk about being caught red-handed.
Quickly he pulled open the camera app on his phone and snapped a photo before slipping it back into his pocket, slinging his bag over his shoulder and taking up his skateboard under his arm. He bounded up the cement stairs that led from the beach to the street and crossed the empty road and entered an alley in between two buildings, one a warehouse and one a commercial space up for rent. Espe had shown him this route a few days prior and it'd make for the perfect escape from the cruiser turning onto the street behind him. Now he just had to get back to downtown without any fuss and he'd be home free.

Last edited:
255878361e664d660c72d19e38071aef.jpg

e4473ca2632b689129ee2648711d2d7f.png

"So, I was thinking of getting some of the boys some after school help. They don't seem to be doing that great but they're wanting to learn more. You ever see them so excited to do better?"

Espe took a second to breathe in before sending off her rock with a toss.

She and her brother watched the rock skip along the water's surface before gravity took a hold, dipping under the water. Espe waited for the last ripple of water to ebb away before responding to Fausto.

"Do you want me to help out?" She asked, her glance shifting from the water to her older brother. He seemed to be eating. He hadn't seemed stressed recently, so she guessed that his job was going well. Maybe he was finally getting some jobs for himself. Fausto preferred to keep most of his business to himself, and Espe couldn't blame him. He told her as much as he felt comfortable to tell, and she'd hate to ruin their relationship over invading his personal space. He couldn't have much of that, anyway.

"I mean...when do you even have time?"

"I can make some for them. Especially if they're actually interested in it. We can try it after I make food with mama. I'll just stay an extra hour or so." Espe checked the time on her secondary phone, realizing she had forty-five minutes before she needed to get to class. She stuffed the last of her breakfast empanada in her mouth, standing up and brushing off her shorts. "That work, Faustino?"

She looked back down at her brother and was surprised to see him so...relieved for once. He really did care about the kids he was helping. His hand ran through her hair, ruffling it as he usually did, before he grabbed her backpack and held it up for her to take.

"It'll be good to have you around more, you're making a good impression on em. We should get you to school, yeah? "

Fausto gave Espe her bag, and they began walking towards her high school. Espe had to admit that she missed being able to walk with her brother all the way to school. It had been years, but now, now that Fausto wasn't living with them and he had his own responsibilities...this was the best she could get. It was a pretty good substitute, but it felt nicer when she had a sibling in school with her than when she had to take it alone. They made their way to the usual drop-off spot and he fixed her hair back to the way it was before he'd messed it up.

"And hey, happy early birthday. We should do some celebrating."

Espe smiled as she walked away from Fausto, heading to the gates of the school. She hadn't even thought about her birthday, but now that it was on her mind, it was the only thing she could think about, through her classes. She'd sent one of her friends who hadn't made it in for lunch a message asking if he was alright; but she knew the truth, that he was out making a beautiful canvas somewhere. When her secondary phone let out a high pitched noise to let her know she'd received a message - one the teachers couldn't hear but was obvious to the younger children around - and she glanced at the screen after she bowed with the rest of her class. Espe waited until the teacher had dismissed them before looking at the screen, assuming it was Noritaka himself, when she noticed the number wasn't registered.

Espe's mouth wrinkled into a smile. Was this a joke? Something someone in school was sending around to random numbers? On her more important phone out of the two, especially? What could this be? Her thumb hovered over the keyboard as she thought of what her brother would say. Why not, Espe? You deserve some fun. Maybe it's not a weird virus that could mess up the only phone you can contact me on. Try it!

Then she thought of what her father might say. Why not be safe, Espe? I may be the Commissioner but I'm your father first. Why even question this and put yourself in danger over some silly advertisement you might have received? Just tell me and type no.

Before she could register it, she'd already typed out "Yes" and sent it to the number. When she looked down at her phone and realized she'd done so, she felt a slight weight lift off her shoulders, even as she chewed her lip.

The Fausto in her head was right. What could go wrong?

The library. The school's repository of knowledge ranging from the subjects in class to whimsical tales. Perhaps the occasional smutty light novel planted on a shelf by a mischievous student once in a while as well. But, in an age of free-flowing information all available at the tap of a finger against a computer that can fit in ones' pocket, the venerable old guard has become outmoded, more or less. Perhaps the only things of value here are the open outlets near the tables and the decade-old stock computers that still run fairly decently.

On any other day, the bespectacled boy would be at a certain friend's house, making money on his hobby. He could certainly brag about his income as a high school student, but telling anyone of what he did behind closed doors might attract unwanted attention. And that awful spotlight that society moved at a moment's notice was something that he had spent the majority of his life carefully plotting to step out of. If there was one thing he could really take pride in right now, it'd be just how well he passed as a mob character.

The glasses, of course, were fake. And his silent, quiet demeanor was mostly an act - everyone had that sort of image of a library committee member in their head. His long hair was tied back in a short ponytail and his small body looked perfectly in place behind the counter. Teachers trusted him - so much so that he could freely cut class most of the time by simply lying that he was asked by another to watch over the library for a bit. He took liberties as well with sick days, having calculated the number of days he needed to pass, he simply skipped when he needed to. His hobby was demanding, after all.

The bell had rung. And yet, the library was completely empty. Silence hung in the air. The boy glanced around the room, once then twice, to confirm the lack of any other students. He smirked as he pulled out his phone, holding the volume down button before tapping it awake. After checking his bank account for the latest fund deposit, he did his daily log-ins for the other games on his smartphone... and stopped at the curious app that had suddenly installed itself. On a whim, when a text from out of the blue asked him a question, he answered yes. It seemed like guerilla marketing at the time, and more than a few companies already had his contact information.

The whole affair was simple - it was a virtual pet raising game. Not at all befitting the ominous "Pandemonium" title. Pandemonium - a whole lot of characters just to say 'chaotic'. Maybe the devs got a kick out of having "demon" within the foreign word. At least they had the decency to shorten 'digital monsters' to Digimon. The student kept his phone under his desk as he went to work caring for the strange creature on the screen. Eyes constantly flitted back towards the door to the library as he did so. There was something calming about caring for a mass of pixels on his screen - the last time he had done anything close to such was in elementary school after all.

"...Hmm? What was the name of that rabbit?" He'd have to ask his friend about it later - surely, he'd remember.

A cough in the distance. The musty scent of the elderly. The silent chuckling of an audience. This was not the place where a girl her age should've been in at this hour. The sun still hung high in the sky, and her friends were probably busy chattering away within a years-old lunchroom right now, but they were far from her mind. Instead of huddling herself around the school's cheap, plasticky desks, she sat kneeling, with her heart in her stomach.

Thump. She could hear it beating. Each time the organ convulsed, ripples ebbed out across her body, whipping her stomach into a steadily worsening, nervous turbulence. Before she knew it the depths of her belly had become a chaotic storm. She was nervous. Unbearably anxious, but more importantly, she was thrilled.

Look! Listen! To me! Her ego called out, in contrast to the light, levity-packed words that were spilling from her lips. This was a simple act, all things considered. She only had three characters to play, each having the convenience of being couched in comedy rather than the tension and nuance demanded by a more dramatic piece. It was a beginner's routine, one that she'd be practicing for months, and one that'd been repeated time and time again by those that came before her. It was tested by time, penned by a legend, and her audience was likely watching more for the script, than her amateurish performance.

But still, with all their eyes on her, she couldn't help but be elated.
, , ,
Outside of the theater hall, the atmosphere was changed completely. It was the middle of the school and work day both, but the streets still stirred with life. Suit-clad workers were seeing to their lunch breaks, and a uniformed officer made his rounds around the sleepy town she called home. That was something she wasn't particularly in the mood to deal with at the moment. Her performance might not have asked much of her physically, but mentally she was exhausted. That last thing she needed was a sweaty beat cop interrogating her about her absence from school.

It wasn't the fastest route around, but she had just the network of streets in mind that she'd need to avoid people around this time of day. Keeping her profile low, the well-tanned girl begun to direct herself toward the tucked-away route she had in mind, her hand unconsciously reaching for her phone as she went on her way.

For a few moments her fingers turned into an impossible blur, darting across the screen to read and reply to the heap of messages that'd been piling up over the course of her performance, until her eyes found themselves laid atop something foreign. An unknown number. Some stupid set of rules. A simple question.

What this the newest chain-email to hit the grapevine? It certainly had a close enough atmosphere to it, what with its brevity and boldness, but it was lacking a few vital components. Like the part where she'd die in seven days in she didn't do as the message said. Her expression turned to a puzzled frown, but curiosity still laid behind her eyes. Whatever this was, it had a touch of fashion to it. Despite her appearance, the girl wasn't the most up to date on modern trends, but this thing certainly seemed like it could be the start of some sort of cutting edge marketing campaign.

"Pan-De-Mo-Ni-Um" She rolled the word over on her tongue, and then grinned to herself. That had a nice snap to it. It was enough to make her mind up, and she shot a quick reply of confirmation in her mysterious benefactor's direction.

Almost immediately, her phone buzzed, and a new icon appeared on her homepage. She, frankly, wasn't quite expecting the phantom message to install anything onto her phone, but she was undeterred. Her curiosity beat out her caution, and she tapped the new application quickly. Hopefully it'd be something good enough to spend her time in class on, whenever it was that she next had to show up.

Gina Shiramine

As she opened the door to the roof she felt another message on her on her phone. "Did the digimon whatever game respond back already?" After a look around the roof making sure no other students were up there she pulls out her phone. She notices another message that just has a link to the game forum, an app called digital world connection, and an egg was downloaded into her phone. She decides to poke the egg a little to see if that will hatch it, but it doesn't hatch. After that failure she decides to check the forum if it has information on how to hatch the eggs.

She enters the link and is quickly brought to the sign up page where surprising the only questions are asking for your username and if you agree to the rules. She looks at the list of rules "1. Children ages 18 and younger only. 2. Do not tell adults about the game. Do not reveal the game to those not involved in the game. 3. Each player only gets one digi-egg. One partner digimon. 4. Digimon battles and tournaments are scheduled by the Creator. Unscheduled battles are prohibited. Players will be notified via text when a tournament is available or a battle request has been made for them. 5. Participation in battles and tournaments increases the rank of the player. Only the highest ranked players can join the Elite and meet the Creator. 6. The Elite are the organizers of the game. Roles for elites include: Forum moderators, Enforcers, Battle referees, Recruiters, and Helpers. 7. Members of the elite are to be obeyed without question. 8. Break any of the rules and Enforcers will come to delete your digimon."

"Rule 7 seems like it could be abused if the wrong person managed to get into these elites, but hopefully they have ways to prevent that and people pretending to be elites. Rule 2 could be because the game is still in beta testing and they don't want the press to know about it, but rule 1 is weird. How did they know I'm under 18 and why only children?" She types her normal name she uses for gaming stuff of Sliver Princess which was surprisingly not taken forcing her to add random extra numbers and letters to it and presses accept to the rules. She decides that she should ask a question on the forum. "Hello, I'm new at this game can someone please explain how this game works and what you are supposed to do to get the egg to hatch into a digimon?"

She then puts her phone back in her pocket and pulls out her sketchbook. She takes another look around the roof to make sure no one's there before beginning to sketch an image of a random girl and quietly singing to herself.

" ♫ They see you as small and helpless;
They see you as just a child.
Surprise when they find out that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments;
Prepare for your finest hour.
The dream that you've always dreamed is suddenly about to flower.
We are lightning,
Straying from the thunder,
Miracles of ancient wonder.
This will be the day we've waited for.
This will be the day we open up the door.
I don't wanna hear your absolution;
Hope you're ready for a revolution.
Welcome to a world of new solutions.
Welcome to a world of bloody evolution.
In time, your heart will open minds,
A story will be told,
And victory is in a simple soul.
Your world needs a great defender.
Your world's in the way of harm.
You want a romantic life; a fairytale that's full of charm.
Beware that the light is fading;
Beware if the dark returns.
This world's unforgiving, even brilliant lights will cease to burn.
Legends scatter.
Day and night will sever.
Hope and peace are lost forever.
We are lightning.
This will be the day we open up the door.
I don't wanna hear your absolution;
Hope you're ready for a revolution.
Welcome to a world of bloody evolution.
In time, your heart will open minds,
A story will be told,
and victory is in a simple soul. ♫"

"Sorry, I can't make it today. I'll make it up to you next time." Offering an apology to the crowd of disappointed faces that formed around his desk, Daichi slung his schoolbag over his shoulder and headed for the door. His classmates protested and made a few more attempts to drag him into their after-school plans, but he was able to escape without too much trouble.

He often rejected invitations due to his other obligations, but today was different. For once, he actually had a day off. He wasn't scheduled to work today, and the kendo club members were given a rare day of rest to recover from a week of intense training. None of the other sports clubs had asked him to join them during practice either, so he was free from any commitments. Not wanting to waste this opportunity, he avoided making any other plans for the day. It wasn't like he hated going out with other people, but doing things in a large group could be tiring at times. It was nice to have days where he could just relax and do nothing. Besides, it wasn't like his friends had any right to complain. They were partly responsible for his busy schedule.

Daichi never had much interest in student council business, so he never wanted to be a class representative. However, that didn't stop other people from nominating him. It was because of them that he had more responsibilities this year, but they still liked to get upset whenever he told them he couldn't hang out after school. Well, it wasn't too bad, all things considered. Compared to other roles, class representatives didn't do much. It was more of a popularity contest that came with a few minor duties. It also looked good on applications, so he didn't really mind.

After walking through the halls for a bit, Daichi eventually arrived at the library. Not many people came by unless they were trying to cram for exams, so it was almost always empty. His apartment was a good enough place to study, so he didn't have much use for the library either. However, there were still other reasons to visit.

As soon as he opened the door, he heard a familiar voice from behind the checkout desk. "Pyonta." Answering the question aimed at nobody, Daichi let the door close behind him as he entered. "Yo." He wouldn't say anything about Taiga talking to himself. Compared to everything else he'd seen him do, it wasn't really worth mentioning.

"Even for a library, this place is too quiet." Approaching the desk, Daichi gave the shorter boy a wave before taking a look at what he was up to. Unsurprisingly, he was playing a game on his phone. Once again, he was looking after his virtual pet. "You're really into this game, huh?" Well, it wasn't like Daichi was any different.

Pulling out his phone, he opened the same app and waited for a collection of golden pixels to show up on the screen. When everything finished loading, he started his daily routine of feeding, cleaning, and petting the small creature. It had been a while since he got the invitation to download the game. He assumed it had something to do with Taiga's after-school activities, so he decided to give it a shot despite seeming suspicious. In the end, it turned out to be nothing crazy. It was just a simple game that anyone could pick up. Some of the rules were worded weirdly, but it was likely just the developers trying to make the game sound cool and intense. After all, they gave an ominous title to a simple pet simulator.

There wasn't much to the game, but it was still enjoyable. He was just looking after a bunch of pixels, but he got attached to his pet pretty quickly. It reminded him of the toys he used to play with as a kid, so the nostalgia made it easy for him to get sucked in. There was always a feeling of joy and satisfaction that came along with the little heart icons that popped up on the screen.

"Are you coming over tonight?" Ever since he started living alone, his spare bedroom had been commandeered by "Captain". Of course, he eventually got roped into the broadcasts, even wearing his own disguise. Before he made any other plans for his day off, Daichi wanted to check if he'd be spending the next few hours with a paper bag on his head. It was tough to see out of that thing, especially when wearing glasses. Unlike Taiga, he actually needed them.

GasMaskie GasMaskie

Haru Enomoto

"Thanks for the warning, hopefully your phone is fine." "Yeah, I hope so too." As Haru and Ren continued to the comic club he grabbed her hand and held it the entire way. After a few minutes they arrived, still holding hands. "The lovebirds are here, everyone!" The club leader Minori constantly made jokes about their relation but wasn't malicious about it. None of the three other club members even reacted to it since they were all busy working on a comic of some kind. Haru and Ren walked up to the group and after getting caught up with everyone joined in.

An hour later Haru was on his way home and decided to see what the damage to his phone was. He was still half convinced that Digimon Pandemonium was some kind of oddly named virus and he was better of removing but he was curious. He opened the app and was taken to a site he half read through the rules, some of which seemed rather odd and was asked if he wanted to sign up. The way the site presented the game made him doubt his initial suspicions and he decided to at leas try it out. He entered his usual screenname of Steel Titan and got accepted with any issue.

As he looked around the forums he came across a question by some other newbie named Sliver Princess and decided to follow the thread since he wanted to know the same thing even though he wasn't too sure what a Digimon was. After reading the FAQ though he came to the conclusion that it was just a digital pet of some kind. "Ren would love this, I'm gonna have to tell her about it." That plan was dashed into the ground when he decided to check the rules again and read them better and he found he wasn't supposed to tell others about it. His enthusiasm about the whole thing practically gone he put his phone back and headed home

Last edited:
255878361e664d660c72d19e38071aef.jpg

e4473ca2632b689129ee2648711d2d7f.png

Almost immediately, Espe’s phone let out another ring, and when she looked down, something was being downloaded onto her phone.

Espe’s nerves flared up as she watched the download slowly grow closer to finishing. Oh no, oh no. She was filled with instant regret as she shoved her phone into her pocket and cleared her desk. What if it really did mess up her phone? How would she talk to her brother or the other kids if she was stupid enough to do that? This was giving her more anxiety than it was worth.

She almost collided with the door of the classroom because she wasn’t paying attention, and she felt her face heat up as the students still in the class giggled at her unfortunate misstep.

God, she was in so much shit of her own making.

Espe was brought out of her thoughts with a yelp by a vibration from her first phone - the phone her brother referred to as the “parent trap”, due to how often her father texted her. She let out a sigh, taking it out of her other pocket and checking the message.

Out yet?

The nervousness she felt was quelled and replaced with mild irritation at her father’s need to know her every move. It wouldn’t do her any good to ignore his message, aware that he would just call her until she answered or, if he really felt she was in danger, send her older brother to come pick her up. She would have disliked that, immensely. The last time Hideo and her spent time in a car together, driving home, Hideo had gone on and on about how much she’d worried their father. It was an uncomfortable ride, one where Espe had said nothing while Hideo continued on, and when they had parked at the house, she had run out of the car, into the house, and immediately past her parents to her room. He filled her with such antsy energy.

Yessir. Heading to get some groceries for Mama now. (:

Espe blew out air, attempting to dispel her anger as she started leaving the school and headed downtown. Her mother had asked for her to pick up some things earlier before she’d left for classes, but she was going to take a little time for herself first. The phone vibrated in her hand again and she glanced down after she crossed the street.

Keep me posted.

It wasn’t like she had much of a choice, she thought bitterly, sticking the phone back into her pocket.

Being downtown should have made Espe more frazzled than usual. However, being away from school and away from home was, in itself, a calming experience for the young Gushiken. Separated from the responsibilities she didn’t ask for, Espe was allowed to breathe. School wasn’t difficult; but the looks she got were overwhelming, and when she tripped up, it was a sight to behold. At home, she just felt trapped. She loved her mom, and her sister, Nozomi, but when her father and Hideo were there, the energy wasn’t the same. It just made her miss Fausto more. When he was home, before the arguments began, he helped to glue the family together as much as her mom did. She yearned for that, again.

Espe was brought to attention from her ambling around downtown when her other phone made its usual high-pitched alert, and she scrambled to check the message.

Let’s try the after-school studying tomorrow. Love ya. - F

Espe smiled, and was about to respond to her brother, when she found herself bumping right into someone. Espe yelped as her phone almost flew out of her hands, leaning and stretching to catch it before it hit the ground, before she sputtered out apologies to whoever she’d knocked into.

“I-I-I’m so sorry, I, I wasn’t watching where I was going--”

And when she met the eyes of her friend, Noritaka, she breathed a sigh of relief.

“Nori. I’m so sorry. I didn’t ruin your skateboard, did I?”

She heard another beep, and when she looked down at her phone, another message had popped up.

Digimon Pandemonium has finished downloading.

[ soggyparadise soggyparadise ]

Last edited:
"Hey. Pyonta, was it? I surely didn't name it. I expected you to show up by now." He smirked, only glancing towards his friend once before resuming to feed the digital creature. Naturally, Daichi had picked up the game as well. Though, it seemed to be an invitation only system. Although he was enjoying this emulated V-Pet on his phone, he couldn't help but wonder what sort of selection process there was for that message that had started it all. And with the stringent rules that applied to the game, he couldn't exactly go on steam and ask his viewers just what this was about.

"There's something strange about the circumstances of this game Daichi. From the way that it was distributed to the stipulations put in place to ensure that it remains a secret... I have a creeping suspicion that this game will change once these children grow. After all, Digimon battles and tournaments were mentioned." Taiga's tapped the screen as he spoke those words, simulating a petting motion for the adorable if amorphous mass of pixels on the screen.

"I've yet to check the forums, but there should be more information there. The flow of data and intelligence is what decides the outcome of the battle, and it'd be in our best interest to prepare." Shifting slightly in the seat, the short boy set his phone down and loosened the tie around his neck.

"It's about that time of the week for a livestream, so I'll be coming over. Rest assured, I'll be bringing some takeout."

( Lucem Lucem )

Noritaka's walk was uneventful to say the least, after all the officer hadn't even spotted him thus a chase didn't ensue. It made the young artist's life all the easier and he wouldn't complain, but still he yearned for a little action.

Slowly the narrow alleys he passed through widened as he moved from the older seaport district to the newer and well spaced downtown of the city, allowing him enough room to take an easier and quicker mode of transportation. With a few long strides he threw his skateboard down on the cement, stepping on and using the momentum to coast down the corridor formed by two looming brick buildings on either side. As he drifted around a corner, travelling without any intended destination he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket once more. There was only a handful of people who would text him and sure enough it was from the person at the top of that list, Espe.
He slowed down but didn't stop as he read it, frowning as he saw the timestamp from a few hours prior. His service really was shit- but it was cheap enough that it made up for it. Quickly he typed a reply, "Fine as always,, just hungry,, as always" He sent the reply, referring to his ability to eat his weight in food yet also skip meals without really noticing if he was focused enough. Thus accounting for why he'd painted through breakfast and lunch without batting an eye.

Noritaka closed the messaging up only to take note of the new colorful icon on his screen- must be that pandemonium thing he said yes to, without another thought he opened it, still cruising through the vacant alleys. First thing he was greeted with was a sheet of rules, boring, he closed them almost immediately, next being taken to a screen with a egg.
He furrowed his eyebrows- what now? There wasn't any instructions. . .or perhaps that was the thing that he'd skipped.
He sighed, when in doubt poke it right? He tapped the egg on his screen only for the thing to shake and crack- it was something at least. Nori tapped it again, and then once more and then a white light came from the egg and suddenly-! There was a blob- a bit underwhelming.

A brown goofy looking blob. . . did he just hatch a little poop?

And at that moment he crashed into what at first he thought was a little trashcan like the many that littered the edges of the alley, stumbling off his board and grabbing onto the bin's shoulders to steady himself. . .wait trashcan's didn't have shoulders. He looked down only to find a familiar face, accompanied by a familiar voice.

Nori felt his face flush slightly at the close proximity he found himself at, their faces just inches apart and quickly took a few steps back, scratching the back of his head.
"Oh it's you- nah my board'll be fine, if it broke from just rolling into some trash it'd be a pretty shitty board." He assured her, walking over and taking said skateboard under his right arm. "Actually it's good I bumped into you, now I don't have to get ramen alone like a loser, let's go to Koukaibou." He said, making the decision for his friend as he linked arms, half dragging her along with him down the alleyway.
After all, once he got an idea in his head, he was going to see it through no matter what, whether it was a risky art piece or simply forcing his best and only friend to come eat ramen with him.

As the pair rounded the corner towards the best spot in town for a quick bowl of noodles, they bumped into yet another presence, accept now that his phone was put away and he was paying attention Nori could prevent the collision, holding up his board to deter the other, whom seemed focused on her own cell.
Another familiar face- A girl from their school who's shitty attendance almost rivaled his own. They'd talked before, and had a mutual sort of respect for each other's arts, Nori even occasionally coming to her plays, partially to support her and partially to be another excuse to skip class.
"Yooooo." He said, imitating what was commonly said in the type of theater Nana preformed in. "Another show today Theater cuck Theater geek? Wanna go for some ramen with us? We're going to Koukaibou."

Last edited:
Ilikepie Ilikepie
Haru Enomoto

About thirty minutes after he lost interest in the Pandemonium game Haru was browsing it's forums since he was bored. While it still sucked that he couldn't tell Ren the possibility of battling the creatures could at least be a good way to waste time, though he wondered why so many players seemed to act like the Digimon were alive. "Must some kinda in joke, whatever."

Having learned that he simply had to tap the egg a bunch of times to hatch it in a different thread he decided he might as well help Sliver Princess in case no one had told her/them. "It seems to be the standard method of tapping." Deciding to try it out Haru left the forums and tapped the egg. Sure enough the egg began to crack and after a more taps the entire screen went white.

His "Digimon" turned out to be a floating white hairball with black eyes and what looked like antennae. "Well it's cute enough I suppose but not exactly detailed and it doesn't look like it's made for fighting. Am I still missing something or what?"

Gina Shiramine

After completing her sketch, she puts away her sketchbook and pulls out her phone to check if anyone responded to her question on the forums. The first two responses were completely useless one just repeated the rules and other gave no new information at all. The third was acting like digimon are alive or it could be the game responds to the players voice. The fourth was also completely useless because Gina has already tried tapping on the egg. She exits the forums and then stares at the egg for a couple of seconds. "I have no idea if this is even going to work but here goes. Hmmm... eggy-chan can you please hatch for me now?" A few seconds past with nothing happening. "Maybe it has a hidden timer before it hatches?" She puts her phone into her pocket and exits the roof knowing some random couple is going to be coming to the roof any minute now to make out.

While walking down the stairs she felt her stomach growl a little reminding her that she forgot to bring lunch because ended up getting distracted this morning drawing her bumblebee fanart sketch. She decides to go to her favorite ramen shop in town aka the only the ramen shop that keeps chocolate ramen on the menu all year long. She sometimes wonders why not all foods contain chocolate but never puts much thought into that question because she doesn't want to think about the reasons too much chocolate is bad.

While on the way to the ramen shop she spots of a few of the kids from her school that seem to be to going to the same ramen shop she is. One is a cute dark skinned girl that she thinks might be the police commissioner's daughter. The second is a girl very popular with the boys and some girls for having one of the largest chests in the entire school. The last is one is a boy that is one of the few other kids in the entire school to have silverish hair and the only other kid that the art teacher keeps trying to pressure to join the art club. She wonders why the three kind of cute people (spoiler Gina is Bi) are doing together, but quickly pushes that out of her mind as she quietly rushes to get into the ramen shop trying to avoid any of them noticing her pressence.

She quietly goes and orders some chocolate ramen and sits down at an empty booth. She pulls out her phone to check on the egg and discovers that it hatched at some point during her walk to the ramen shop without her knowing into a white jellyfish looking digimon. The digimon starts to make some sniffing motions like it can smell the food but that should be impossible right? The Digimon then stares at Gina and yells "Poyo". Realizing that people are going to start looking in her direction she decided that she needs to act fast. "Sorry I forgot to turn the sound off for this game but I'll quiet it down now". She quickly notices some new features for the game including one that gives food to the digimon and clicks it in hope the digimon doesn't make that sound again.

soggyparadise soggyparadise cinnabuns cinnabuns The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Sumire Munemori
7624691f1b871ff9ffcdf070154bd184.jpg

Hey Asami-chan

Could you tell the club president that I won’t be able to make it to practice today? Student council meeting is taking a bit longer than expected. Please and thank you!

~Sumire
Bkhanh29 Bkhanh29

Sumire pressed the send option, pleased to see her phone was still working just fine, and returned her attention to the student body president who was going over plans for a school fundraiser. Participation was optional, but if she didn’t represent her class in such activities, who would? Besides, Sumire was a person of priorities. In her eyes, the Student Council needed her assistance more than the Girls’ Tennis Club did. Asami could hold fort just fine. The normally reserved girl was a monster in the court, after all. Even Sumire, perfectionist that she was, had to acknowledge the other girl’s skill in the sport. Their team would be just fine with Asami there. It made Sumire feel relieved…and a touch jealous…but mostly relieved. Having someone she could count on made things easier.

If only the student council had such an ace.

Sumire jotted down the dates the Student body president stuttered through. She was a bit disappointed Daichi hadn’t shown up to the meeting, optional though it was for class representatives, but not too surprised either. He didn’t seem the type to do more than what was required. There was no basis for Sumire’s opinion. Just a…feeling…she got from watching him. Friendly and social, but passive. She’d rarely ever seen him get angry. It was his charm, she supposed. All her friends seemed to think so. Kind, handsome, athletic…the perfect boyfriend material. Perhaps she’d try if she had the time.

The clock hit 4:30 when the meeting ended. Walking down the hall with a couple of girls—which served as suitable shield against most boys—she was surprised to see a tall, tan-ish boy fiddling with his phone. Sumire couldn’t say she knew too many older students, but Kaito certainly stood out enough that she’d heard his name enough times. Didn’t speak. Carried sword around. Looked like a thug. Rumors of him being a Yakuza member to a ninja ran wild enough that she wasn’t exactly sure what was fact and what was fiction. Regardless, thugs, especially ones that weren’t that much older than her, didn’t particularly scare her so Sumire had little trouble stepping towards him while her friends stepped back.

A brief smile towards her friends, to reassure them that she’d be okay, before Sumire turned her full attention to Kaito. “Hello Kaito-senpai. You’re in Daichi-senpai’s class, right?” They were in the same year at least…and carrying a sword around could imply he was in the kendo club. Sumire didn’t really expect a response from the mute student, so she simply continued. “If you see him, could you give this to him?” She held out a folded piece of paper. “Dates and locations to some of the student council fundraiser events. In case he’s interested.”

She didn’t know if he was or he wasn’t, but giving him the notes to meeting he’d missed seemed like the thoughtful thing to do.

“Thanks!” A smile and a small wave of farewell before she returned to her friends who complimented her bravery. Kaito might look like a thug, but he was a hundred times easier to deal with than a certain classmates of hers. Thoughts of said classmate soured her mood. Acethekidd Acethekidd

“Are you done, Sumire?”

“Almost. I have to give the attendance records to our teacher then make sure the classroom is clean for the next day.”
Seeing the looks on her friends’ faces, Sumire smiled. “You don’t have to wait for me. I’ll call you when I get home.”

“You sure?”

“Yes,”

She’d have to find time to talk to Noritaka as well. His lack of presence in class was making dent in her record as class president/representative. Did he think she wouldn’t notice? That the teacher wouldn’t notice? Did he have any future goals at all? What university did he think he was going to get into with so many spots on his record? Saying all that to him, in the nicest way possible, was also her job as president/representative of class 2A.

Sumire sighed.

Thinking about it was giving her a headache.

By the time she finished, it was nearly 5 o’clock. Perfectionist tendencies dragged things out a bit longer than intended. She’d considered checking the tennis club, to see if Asami was still there, but figured the other girl had gone home already. Her parents would be worried if she stayed out late as well. And she still had homework to finish. Therefore Sumire simply made her way back to her house. Wasn’t too far from the school. She also lived in a good neighborhood, so the boys offering to take her home always seemed to be wasting time in her eyes—though she did understand the romantic connotation. It wasn’t until she called her friends, she helped her mother with dinner, finished her homework, helped her friends with their homework, and was nearly ready for bed, that she remembered the ‘game’ she’d texted yes to.

Sumire checked her phone, surprised to find a newly installed app and link to a forum.

Opening the app revealed a black egg. That was it. An egg. Eyebrow raised, Sumire browsed through the forum. Digimon? Battle? None of that sounded particularly appealing to Sumire. Nonetheless, she kept reading. Kids 18 years and younger only? Don’t tell adults? What sort of rules were those? Sounded awfully shady. However, the lack of explanation only served to make her more curious. It seemed the first part of the game was making the egg hatch and, as much as he hated to admit it, her perfectionist tendency kicked in. Talk to it? Tap it? Sumire tried both with little success. She was about to slip her phone under pillow when her brother’s voice, followed by the sudden opening of her room door, startled her into dropping it.

“Sumire! Sumire-oneeechan!”

“Knock before you enter,”
Sumire reprimanded as she picked up her phone, making sure to hide its contents from him. It wasn’t so much about keeping to the rules of the ‘game’ as not wanting him to know she was interested in something so childish. “Especially a ladies’ room.”

“Who cares,”
Izumi stuck out his tongue. Then he held out a small gift-wrapped package.

Sumire blinked. “It’s not my birthday.”

Izumi made a face. “This isn't for you. It's for Espe. Her birthday's today.”

“Really? How do you know that?”

“My friend told me!”

“Which friend?”

“Uhhhhh,”

Shaking her head, Sumire took the gift from her 7-year old brother’s hand. Clearly he’d been wandering into areas he knew he shouldn’t have. “I’ll give it to her tomorrow at school. So you go to bed.”

Espe was more Noritaka’s friend than hers. Even so, Sumire knew the police commissioner’s daughter just as she knew nearly everyone in the small town of Munemori. And everyone deserved a gift on their birthday. Regardless of how different she was from her brother, that was something they could both agree on. Unbeknownst to Sumire, the egg on her phone gave a little shake.

(mentioned: Lucem Lucem soggyparadise soggyparadise cinnabuns cinnabuns )

Last edited:
Asami, after the message, rushes off the practice. She gets there and accidentally bumps into the club president.

" Sorry. President. I just didn't want to be late. And Sumire said she won't be able to make it to practice today. Her student council meeting was going to take longer than expected." said Asami.

" Okay. Then. Well. Go ahead and get changed. " said the club president.

" Yes." said Asami.

Asami gets changed and starts playing tennis with her club members in the tennis club. She defeats everyone mercilessly each time except the club president. The tennis club meeting then ends and she high fives the club president.

" Nice. You're getting better every day. But don't try using too much energy. It will tire you out." said the club president.

" Okay. Then. I'm going to head to the showers. See you later. " said Asami.

" Have a good day." said the club president.

A while later, she got home and checked her phone again thinking about the message. Asami clicks on the link for Digimon Pandemonium.

" Here we go. Let's hope I'm not making a big mistake. "

Asami lays back on her bed waiting for what will happen.

What the hell was this message? The plastic bag rustled as she crushed it in her hands, and shoved it under her book, its contents having been devoured by her already. Ugh, spam. She hated spam. She thumbed through her book, and swiped across her phone with the other hand, changing to another chatroom app. Two unread messages came from Aoi, one of the girls that seemed to enjoy being her underling, even though she had long hung up that mantle. There was always some clout to being under her, despite her retirement almost an entire year ago.

‘Sensei’s looking for you’
‘Up on the rooftop?’

Hmm. That was trouble. He probably won’t report her, but if he was looking for her, it was probably serious. Ugh. What did he want? She turned her book again, and absent-mindedly swiped a reply on her phone. It was boring, studying in the class. As long as she managed to score, the teachers usually left her well alone. She just had to plan out her studies to be in sync with their lectures, and keep a tight hold on the curriculum through messages with her classmates. Having replied to Aoi, she set her phone aside, and continued to scan through the book in front of her. Her free hand picked up a pen beside her, and she switched out her textbook with her notebook, then began to scribble onto it.

Her phone vibrated. Tch. What was it now? Don’t tell me he was gonna come up here to look for her? Darn it. She had to get, then. School was gonna end soon anyway. She pulled on her shoes, and stood up, dusting down her skirt, the chains hanging off it clinking softly as she did. She bent down and picked up her books. When she reached to pick up the plastic bag that used to house her club sandwich, however, a gust of wind blew past her, picking it up, and sending it up into the sky, where it drifted away, carried off by the interfering wind. She cursed, and slipped her phone into her pocket. She couldn’t stay here any longer. Even if he wasn’t gonna be mad, having to go through the ‘I know you’ve heard this a thousand times already’ talk was the worst thing that could happen to her now. She threw open the door leading to the stairwell down to the main building, and started down the stairs two steps at a time, just as the school bell began to toll.

Some Time Later“What the hell?” She scratched her head, looking at her phone in pure puzzlement. When did this app get here? With some swipes, she checked through her messages. Her confusion turned into scorn, as she realised that, in her fumbling, she had replied to the Digimon Pandapodium thing from earlier with a ‘yes’. Shit, what the hell? And what the hell was this app? Her finger hovered above the app, hesitating whether to open it or not. Did that message automate an installation of some malware or something? Should she report this to the cops? Or have one of those IT geeks at school look it over? If she worked them over a bit, they might actually do it. She scowled. She really should stop having those thoughts.

A group of students ran past her, heading towards the ramen shop that lay just down the alleyways of this district, and one of them accidentally collided into her, and her finger jabbed onto the app. She didn’t notice, at first, choosing to yell at the offending youths. “OI! WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOIN’ NEXT TIME, OR I’LL HELP YOU WATCH THE PAVEMENT!” She didn’t think they’d listen or turn around, but yelling at them was the best she could do, all things considered. She still had the weird app to take a look a--

“What the hell?”

18 and younger.
Do not tell adults about the game.
Do not reveal the game to those not involved in the game.
Each player only gets one digi-egg. One partner digimon.
Digimon battles and tournaments are scheduled by the Creator. Unscheduled battles are prohibited. Players will be notified via text when a tournament is available or a battle request has been made for them.
Participation in battles and tournaments increases the rank of the player. Only the highest ranked players can join the Elite and meet the Creator.
The Elite are the organizers of the game. Roles for elites include: Forum moderators, Enforcers, Battle referees, Recruiters, and Helpers.
Members of the elite are to be obeyed without question.
Break any of the rules and Enforcers will come to delete your digimon.

“Hah?” She tilted her head. What the hell?! What kinda kiddy shit is this?! 18 and YOUNGER? Was this some kinda pedophile ring? She really oughta call the cops for this. She swiped around, trying to take a screenshot on her phone, but before she could do that, the screen turned black, then revealed a tiny egg on the screen. “Hah?” She repeated, now sounding like a broken record. Ugh, this was so weird. She glanced up from her phone, and a familiar face among the crowd of other teenagers came to sight.

“Oi. Nana.” She waved at the dark-skinned performer. This was such a weird day. She should just get some ramen or snacks with her. It’d take her mind off the weird shit that was happening. “How’s tricks?”

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back