Experiences Did You Ever Complete a Roleplay?

A few times, mostly on another site. I had this one partner who I did a series of Hunger Games RP's with.

I've completed RPs a handful of times~ Most I have go on for years though, haha. I am in two that have been going on for about 2 years now and are nowhere near finished.

Yeah, back in high school, lol. I’ve finished two, both were group roleplays with most of the same people since I had a crew of RP buddies I usually stuck with. The first one had a “season finale” TV ending where it had an ending but could have easily kept going; the other one had an official ending with a cliffhanger because we made a sequel roleplay and that lasted for a while but died, hahaha 🤣

I don't think I've ever actually finished a roleplay. xD I tried to do a cohesive storyline with my long-term roleplay partner, but we always branch off and do different things and pursue different pairings, experiment with different plots, and we eventually lose interest in some of the roleplays we do. <3

It depends what’s considered “completed” because most of the roleplays I’ve been a part of could go on forever as long as we kept thinking of plot material. As far as officially completed goes, I think I’ve only finished one rp and ended with a solid conclusion. It was probably one of the best I’ve had too despite how straightforward it was.
The one or two others had reached a point in the character’s relationships that was also milestone-worthy, mostly romance.

Yes, I have. And it is thanks to something that a lot of people do not consider: patience. Nowadays, people want replies daily to keep things moving, but in my case, doing that gets me burned out. I was fortunate enough to have met someone who can wait for weeks on end to get to the end of the story.

I was blessed to have met them, and I hope they're doing fine.

I’ve only completed one, and it was way back when I was 15. Most roleplays I do only last a month before falling out as my partner or myself get too busy, but I have a few that have lasted a pretty long time now

I've actually completed a lot of them! The other ones were with people who had to leave the roleplay for in real life reasons. I don't think that I really have found the side of roleplaying where people ditch and I hope that I don't because roleplaying is very fun!

Managed to finish a game about twice, I'd say, if we're talking about the 'epilogue post' kind of finished.

The first one was on a fantasy lion web game called LioDen, and unsurprisingly was about the adventure of two male lions in the Serengeti. Even though the plot was on the more simplistic side (basically it was 'young outcast male meets older outcast male, they go on a hunt, rescue a cub from a human-made savannah fire, younger male gets hurt, older male and younger male search for a new pride in the Ngorongoro Crater, young male dies of injuries, fast forward & older male as the new leader of his pride honors his old friend', yada-yada), there was genuine character development between the two, which was incredibly fun and wholesome to look back on.

Unfortunately I haven't heard from the partner I wrote it with in years, they pretty much disappeared from the internet once we got started on our second RP. They were really sweet, and I hope that wherever they are, they are doing well.

As for the second one, well, that one didn't have an ending I'd originally planned to come so soon, but due to the player I initially started it with breaking his own rules (namely, breaking the posting order to have a 2-page convo with a new player while I slept, greatly disrupting the story and pushing my characters to the background) and thus breaking my trust along with it, I decided that it was for the better. My parents pretty much advised me to stay away from this player due to his behavior, but since I wanted to avoid drama I tried to end it on good terms; cue my OCs withdrawing from the RP after they finished their mission, complete with a sappy farewell post. The RP pretty much died on the spot after that.

All in all, I can say that actually finishing a RP is a really weird yet satisfying experience, mainly because 99% of the RPs people have either go on forever or die once either of the parties goes ghost mode. Personally, I enjoy me a good a never-ending story, mainly because.. well, I'm not a fan of setting everything into stone before the RP starts anyway, so might as well enjoy myself an open-world, open-ended sandbox between myself and my partner, rather than something so seemingly linear!

Heya, Thanny!

So I've not actually finished a RP in my RpNation era. I've finished quite a few RPs with my brother before I joined, but considering how the risk of ghosting is severely diminished thanks to the fact that I live with him every day, I'm not sure that's as challenging a feat as the rest of y'all 😂

So when it comes to my days of actually branching out and RPing with other folks, no. I don't consider that a badge of honour I bear yet. Though once I joined a RP that must have lasted 2-5 pages. Like the full arc was in a startlingly small amount of posts and suddenly the guy goes "okay, we finished!"

I was a little upset at that and I don't consider that really finishing a RP XD

Other than that, I've gotten close in the past. A couple of them went on for three years, but one had drama and the other... just went on for too long. We never actually planned an ending for it, so it just kept going with all this worldbuilding and lore that neither of us could ever possibly hope to remember. We had spinoffs, AUs, all the works... but alas, it got too confusing in the end. We eventually decided to just put a stop to it and refresh ourselves with something new... something more organized.

So this RP we're in now has been going for 2 years! I'm really hoping this will be the one. We actually have an ending planned, and we're seriously coming through the story. Throughout 500,000 words, our characters have progressed unbelievably far, and the finish line is finally coming over the horizon. It's so exciting.

After we finish this 2-year-long journey, we plan on rebooting the first RP (the one without an end) with all the knowledge we've earned from this one. We think we can do truly great things with it.

Ugh, so exciting! Hopefully I can come back to this thread in the future and say "Yes! I have!"

Yes! With a former roleplay partner on a now defunct site. If I remember correctly, it was 452 posts but we did some pretty long ones. We put our characters through it. There were ups and downs, two of our main characters died together-a happy ending for them considering everything they went through. All in all, the roleplay lasted a little over a year.

I have! Me and my two bet friends got each other into role-playing, we had a bunch of role-plays together after finding out what it was on Reddit.

The only rps I've ever completed were group rps with a set "goal." With 1x1 rps, it always seems that at some point my partner's interest fizzles out and I end up ghosted. Really wish people would at least tell me they weren't feeling it, and not leave me hanging, but I get it--it's pretty anxiety-inducing to call off a rp your partner is clearly enjoying

The only rp I finished is on a forum where my and this guys character survived this horrible incident and got married having kids. Of course our characters are both agents so we had to do this mission and so on but still it was done to me.

The only rps I've ever completed were group rps with a set "goal." With 1x1 rps, it always seems that at some point my partner's interest fizzles out and I end up ghosted. Really wish people would at least tell me they weren't feeling it, and not leave me hanging, but I get it--it's pretty anxiety-inducing to call off a rp your partner is clearly enjoying
God I hate when people do that, I sometimes don't even get the rp off the ground.

This has been nagging at the back of my mind for a while now, but as the title queries I was curious if many of you have completed a roleplay, or at the very least reached a milestone event where you and everyone was satisfied with leaving things off for a sequel. Roleplays can last a very long time as well as a very short time, and because this hobby can be so transient I hope that at least one roleplay can be said to be the best roleplay ever finished by a duo or a group.
Yeahhhhh no.
I think we all secretly want all role plays to last as long as a bold and the beautiful or all my children triangle soap coma character arc.

unfortunately, i haven't and i'm really sad about it! i just don't think a plot can interest me enough to see it all the way through, and since i usually do long-term roleplays, it's a recipe for disaster. the longest roleplay i've had would have turned a year old this june but we stopped in april, and i don't think it would have ended anytime soon. i should start doing more long-term stuff tbh ( ´_⊃`)
I feel this, I just get bored and leave.

Outside of D&D I don't think I've ever really completed a roleplay story. It always seems to fall apart before a satisfying end is reached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back