• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ใ€๐™™๐™ž๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ค๐™ก๐™™๐™š๐™ง๐™จใ€‘- interest check

felan

A BOY IS A GUN*
183725.gif
'My time... is coming to an end.'
DIARY HOLDERS - INTRODUCTION

It's a nothingness that threatens the world, a slow but painful creep towards an endless void that dares Deus to die. To leave nothing behind, not even time itself is what Deus fears. His age is becoming apparent, with slow movements and foggy memory drawing a horrid picture. He doesn't know what to do at first, silently ruminating over it while he knows the clock ticks. It's the hollowed whisper of someone that sparks his interest, and it's with this whisper that he begins his plans.

Future diaries.

Each one having a unique version of 'future vision' based on the way the diary user had been writing originally. A game, of sorts, to determine who will be the next Deus ex Machina. With his time running low, he gives them 30 days to find one another and e l i m i n a t e the other players. 12 players enter the ring, but only 1 may become a god.

DIARY HOLDERS - EXPLANATION

Hello hello, I'm Felan (pronounced fee-lahn)! This is an interest check to see if anyone would be interested in this group rp I've been thinking about pretty regularly for a hot minute now! Some context that is needed is that while this is based on Mirai Nikki / Future Diary, I don't plan on any canon characters being in this. This would be an entirely new group of people fighting for the spot to become Deus, and would have only small references to any of the canon cast.

This would be a dark, noir rp based on the Future Diary game that would be character-driven. I would want to focus on the relationships between characters, the characters themselves, their determination to become gods (or hesitance, given the violence!), and the repercussions being in this game would bring. The world is on a timer and everyone knows it, but killing is a far greater task than some can handle, and I want to explore these aspects respectively.

While there would be no set 'roles', I can did have certain diary types and tropes in mind associated with those diary types, which I would offer in substitution for 'roles'.

A small thing to note is there is only one winner. This would mean, more than likely, your character will die. The way this would be decided would be through discussion and possible coin flipping, and I would want to point out that having a 'combat-ready' character is not a guaranteed win. Smarts, diary-type, or even pure luck would be a big factor in who would end up winning. Fighting is a big part of this, yes, but there's only so far you can go with a meathead who doesn't know how to properly use their diary.

DIARY HOLDERS - RULES

1. Be 17+. This is going to be a heavy rp and I would just feel more comfortable with older people joining. We'll be dealing with gore, death, and other heavy topics, so this is mainly for comfort. Also, no erp. I don't think it really needs to be said, but just in case.

2. No godmoding. It'll be unfun for everyone if you have a death god character who's smarter than L and stronger than Deus himself, and would result in things being unfair. Talk it through with someone if you want something big to happen with their character and get their consent. Be prepared to handle that they can retaliate IC and things may not go your way, and if there are any issues with these, please speak to me. Nothing will be resolved if you fight amongst yourselves and don't say anything.

3. Anime / animation only faceclaims. Mainly to keep in theme with the Mirai Nikki style, and also for ease in finding characters that can look unique and exciting. I mean, Yuno was canon, so if you want a blue-haired anime girl FC? Go for it.

4. Diversity is welcome! Any age, gender, sexuality, ect is welcome in this. It would be pretty boring if everyone was the same, and logistically speaking, it'd be pretty impossible LOL. So, go ham! Want to play a divorced 50-year-old with a gardening diary? Go ahead! Maybe you're more an edgy bigender teen with a concert diary? Why not? Sincerely, go with whatever you want character-wise, the more diverse, the better!

5. Antags are welcome. I hesitate to use the word 'villain' since Mirai Nikki is about circumstance, and under some circumstances anyone can be a villain, so I'm using antagonist. If you want to play a murder-happy person who wants to become a god for the wrong reasons, all the more fun! Obviously murdering other people's characters is under discussion, but antagonists are welcome!

And more to come as I think of it.

END.

This is just an interest check, so definitely let me know if you're interested or if you would be with some things changed!

I'm interested in this! It's been a while since I've seen Mirai Nikki so I'd have to re-familiarize myself with the rules of the universe but I love this idea.

I'm interested in this! It's been a while since I've seen Mirai Nikki so I'd have to re-familiarize myself with the rules of the universe but I love this idea.
I'm super glad!! If / when I reintroduce it I'll explain the in-universe rules more in-depth so people don't need to re-watch the entire series!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back