• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic <<DEUS IN NOBIS>> | A Futuristic Interstellar Drama

BakaTheIdiot

Viscount of Spaghetti Code
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
<<begin briefing>>

In wartime, the most dangerous enemy is that which you can't see.
1671398764170.png
(source unknown)
The Romani Empire and the Sirius Federation have been at war for decades, failing to break an unending stalemate bleeding their coffers dry. Fearing a complete collapse of intelligence and communications on the front, both sides employ the use of Listening Ships - repurposed war vessels with most of their weapons and armor stripped away in favor of elevated Command And Control suites, better FTL drives, and a skeleton crew - trolling the frontline, looking, watching, listening; merely hoping to spot the enemy before they can gain an advantage. The equipment is subpar. The food is mediocre. The hull creaks and groans. The crew is expendable. The ship is expendable. The average lifetime of a listening ship before being destroyed by a salvo is approximately 400 hours: if the mission is accomplished, survival is optional.

Some get lucky. Most do not. Some carry weapons. Most do not. Some crew survive long enough to transfer command. Some even live long enough to retire.

Most do not.

1671399512825.png
(source: Federal Corvette, Elite: Dangerous)
The Bucharest, one of the few remaining Grozny-Class frigates still in operation, is only the latest in a long line of Listening Ships commandeered from the imperial scrapyards, but as far as you're concerned, it's going to be home for the next 5 years while you fulfill your contract. Equipped with only a skeleton crew and some state-of-the-art SIGINT/ELINT stations, your mission is the same as everyone else sent before you:

Patrol the frontlines.
Find the enemy.
If you can't kill it, find someone who can.

Silence is critical.
Success is necessary.
Survival is optional.

The Romani Fleet will not come for you.
Reinforcements will not accompany you.
Supplies are not available to you.
The enemy will not stop looking for you.

Failure is not an option.

I have nothing but the utmost faith in you, your training, and your comrades. Go: bring peace to the sector. Squash the Federation scum, one ORAD signature at a time.
Good luck.
Deus in Nobis.
(God is with us)

-
Luhar Shah IV
God-Emperor of the Romani Empire

<<end briefing>>

Hi! BakaTheIdiot here, and if you've made it this far, congratulations: My little idea wasn't too boring for you! Have you ever wondered how those big giant space battles even manage to happen? Well, you gotta find the enemy first, and when your territory spans dozens of light-years of empty space, using the radio isn't exactly an option yet, so a band of brave men and women "volunteer" (read: coerced) to risk their lives every day finding the targets for the big ships with the big guns to blow up into big bits. Let me reiterate: this is not a combat-oriented roleplay. This is going to be more of a slow burn, sometimes with days passing without anything actually happening, but when something DOES happen, it can mean the difference between life and death. Most of you won't be officers, but rather regular enlisted conscripts just trying to get through to tomorrow however you can.

What you can expect from me as a GM:
  • I try to handle everything with an even hand, but in the event you think I made a mistake or did something wrong, don't be afraid to let me know! My DMs are always open!
  • I'm a very patient person. I have to be, with my posting schedule! I tend to be most active on the weekends or during known university breaks, but if I need to leave for an extended period of time, I'll let you know.
  • No posts-per-week requirement, ever. Life happens, I totally get it.
  • If things are feeling a little too slow or boring, I'm always ready to spice things up!
  • I try not to plan too far ahead, because for something like this it might take away from the excitement a little. Not to say I never have a plan of course!
  • I always respond with at least a couple paragraphs where possible.

As of time of writing, I do not yet have an OOC or Lore thread, but I am working on it! Right now all I want to do is see if there's anybody itching to get into this. Better yet: if you're as into this idea as I am, depending on how many people bite at this I might need a CO-GM or two! Everything is very open to ideas and expansion, and I'm excited to see what y'all think.

Have a nice day! Deus in Nobis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back