• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ✒ detective needed [ search ]

smitty

[ detective needed ; case open ]

hello! this might be a bit different in formatting compared to my other request, but i think it'd be a bit easier to explain what i'm wanting in this format as opposed to the other. some quick things before i start ;

- please be over 18. both for the fact i am 24 and because this roleplay will feature dark, more mature themes.
- despite how i write here, i try to write with decent grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. no one's perfect, but i would like that effort returned at least. i'm not a stickler, though, so don't worry, i won't be calling you out on stupid little mistakes, lol. ooc chat is all casual for me, too, so i don't care how you type ooc.
- this can be short term, can be long term, let me know what you want. if you want something harder and spanning across a good deal of time? awesome! want a one-off that takes only a couple weeks? also cool!
- let me know your hard limits, but keep in mind i am asking for a homicide (or other) detective character from you, which means things like mentioned gore / viscera, violent crimes, and other things relating will be here. if you can't handle that, that's totally cool! but this might not be for you.
- i can offer an old rp sample, but i unfortunately have nothing new / nothing that would fit this specific type of rp. sorry!

what am i wanting to do? well, simply, i want to write a mystery that you get to solve. i don't want to call my side a 'gm' type thing since i've never done that before, but it would be similar, i think. essentially, i want to help your character through a homicide case; and when i say help, i mean i'll be making a lot of fun extras on top of telling you what you see/hear/ect. autopsy reports, reports from strangers and other detectives, even just random clues i can make happen physically. i can admit this is totally dorky and me wanting to play around with a mystery that i know the answer to.

now, while i did say homicide detective, i'm not limiting it to just that, though i know that sounds like it was very definite. there's a few thoughts i had on these, and a few cases i have in mind, so if homicide isn't your thing, then maybe something like special victims unit is, or we can talk it through! essentially, you get a case / mystery to solve with fun little extras.

my replies would be in second person, present tense for the most part. i would be adding in npcs, and if you're a fan of it, tying them and the crime into your character's own backstory. or if you prefer your character be completely unrelated, also doable! truthfully i'm not sure what length of reply i'd be putting here, i usually write between 500-1k words, but given this is the first time i'm searching for this, i would need to get my footing through trying things out. it's a super new idea to me, so i ask for patience as i find my footing. also character interactions can be a lot more frequent if that's something you like.

also, i'm putting this under a spoiler and warnings, but i did have this sort of idea that kind of leans into this a little bit? it's very rough but something i'd love to try out sometime.
this is very, very rough and very small since i'm still thinking it through, but it's a roleplay centered around a detective and their stalker? or a normal person, their stalker, and a detective. it'd be a big game of 'who is it' and feature a large ensemble of characters, following the person trying to find out just who it is doing all of this. like i said, super rough, but i'd be very, very down for this.

so with all that being said, if you're someone who might be interested, please feel free to reach out! ^ ^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back